- Social Sciences
- Agriculture & Farming
100 Problem Solution Essay Topics with Sample Essays
- Author: Virginia Kearney
Included in this Article Struggling to find a great topic? Scan the lists below to find questions my students have generated to find something you want to write about. Topics are divided into: 1. Social Issues 2. Relationships 3. Sports 4. College Life 5. Education 6. Family Life 7. Driving and Transportation Remember you can adapt these general ideas to fit your own school, town, or situation.
Step By Step Writing Guide
After you have chosen your topic, you can find instructions about how to develop your ideas, find a unique solution to the problem, and organize your essay in "How to Write Your Problem Solution Paper."
How Do We Solve Poverty?
leroys CC0 Public Domain via Pixaby
- How can we reduce the number of people living in poverty?
- How can we encourage people to accept vaccination when they think it is dangerous?
- How can we help people get affordable housing?
- How can we help homeless people in our community?
- How can we prevent people from dropping out of high school?
- What is the best way to prevent teen pregnancy?
- How can kids be persuaded not to experiment with illegal drugs?
- What is the best way to prevent deaths from drunk driving?
- How can teenagers be convinced to drive more safely?
- What can be done to prevent divorce?
- How can kids with divorced parents be helped to do well in school, have strong relationships, and build successful lives and marriages?
- What can be done to eliminate or prevent racism?
- What is the best way to help people who are victims of family violence?
- How can we change the welfare system to help people escape generational poverty?
- How can we deal with illegal immigration?
- What should we do about the increase in gun violence?
- How can we best rehabilitate prisoners so that they can be productive members of society?
How can healthcare be ensured for everyone around the world?
- How can we improve literacy?
- What can be done to prevent human trafficking?
- How can we prevent children from being negatively influenced by violence and pornography in media such as video games, movies, and the Internet?
- How can we persuade people to make healthy lifestyle choices like not smoking, exercising, and maintaining a healthy BMI?
- How can we balance the right to free speech with the right to not be insulted or abused?
- Choose a city you know. How can that city be made more bicycle and pedestrian-friendly?
- How can we best reduce the problem of terrorism?
- Should there be controls in the way the media portrays celebrities?
- How can we handle the problem of online data mining or the fact that data brokers are selling our information to advertisers, employers, health insurers, and credit rating agencies?
- What should we do to help people get jobs?
- How can social media bullying be prevented?
- What is the best way to help someone who is depressed?
- What's the best way to deal with manipulative and domineering people?
- How can you help a friend or roommate who is making poor life choices?
- How can you get out of a bad relationship?
- How can you move out of the "friend zone"?
- What is the best way for a woman to show a man she is interested? Should she ask him out?
- How has texting affected face-to-face relationships?
- How can you solve the problem of a jealous boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What can be done to make sure that people today actually know how to have "real" relationships?
- How can we get away from stereotypes and racism? What steps can we take as individuals and as a society?
- How can we learn to understand people who are different from us culturally, racially, or socioeconomically?
- How can we break down barriers between groups?
Video to Help You Generate a Unique Solution
Athletes and sports.
- How can steroid use be limited in all sports (or one in particular)?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- How can colleges better handle the combination of education, athletics, and business?
- Do kids train too hard in athletics at young ages?
- What is the best way for a young athlete to learn a sport? (You might want to talk about a particular sport you know well).
- How can coaches best encourage their athletes to do their best?
- Think about your local sports team. What can be done to make that team more effective? How can the fans be made to support the team more?
- Pick your favorite sport. How can someone best prepare themselves to be excellent at that sport?
- How can sports media be more effective at covering a sport you like to watch? Should the announcers be biased or not? Which games should be covered by sports networks? What types of interviews and special features make the sport more interesting to watch?
- What can be done to increase attendance at your favorite sporting event?
- How should a coach or player handle media interviews when they lose a big game?
- How can players prepare themselves for the (inevitable) loss?
- What should professional players do to prepare themselves for retirement or injury?
- Pick your favorite sport. How much should players get paid? Should there be salary caps?
- How should money made from sports be divided between players and owners?
- Think about your favorite venue to watch sports live. What could be done to improve that venue?
- How can injuries in sports (especially football) be prevented?
- How can coaching be improved in the sport you participated in during high school or your favorite professional team?
- How can players prevent injuries that take them out of competitive sports?
- What can be done about parents or coaches that push kids too much in sports?
How Can Students Pay for Private College?
msdilibrary CC0 Public Domain via Pixaby
- How can college instructors create effective online classes?
- How can college students be sure they have a marketable degree?
- How can college be made more affordable?
- How can college students study effectively and earn better grades?
- How can a student avoid procrastinating?
- How can college students avoid the "Freshman 15" and eat healthily in college?
- How can college students stay in shape when they aren't in sports like they were in high school?
- What is the best way for college students to balance work, studying, classes, and social life?
- How can college students handle problems with roommates?
- How can college students ask parents for more money effectively?
- How can parents of college students let go and allow their children to grow up and become independent adults?
- What is the best way for college students to convince their parents to let them be independent?
- What should you do about loud neighbors in your dorm or apartment?
- How can you handle a long-distance relationship in college?
- What should college students do when they have a suicidal friend?
- How can college students decide on a major?
- How should you decide what college to attend?
- What should you do if you don't get something you expected and hoped for (like a scholarship, college admission, or acceptance into a special program)?
- How can students learn to be better test-takers?
- How should college instructors handle attendance in class?
- What can be done to make college students more active participants in politics and elections?
- How can colleges be made safer?
- What should be done to prevent sexual assault on college campuses?
- Should parents be allowed to know the grades of their college students?
- How can colleges help students who are failing to get back on track?
- What can be done to help relieve stress in college?
- How can students pay more attention in class?
- How can college students overcome homesickness?
- How can college students manage their money effectively?
- Should the government offer more support for a college education?
- How should a student decide whether to rush a sorority or fraternity?
If you choose a problem solution essay about education, you can narrow your paper's topic to talk just about your own state, or even your own school.
- How can parents make virtual learning effective?
- How can we make education better for kids who have trouble in school?
- How can schools help the problem of childhood obesity?
- How can schools best serve special education students?
- How can schools allocate more money and resources for sports, fine arts, and other special programs?
- What should be done about misbehaving and disruptive students?
- What should be done to make gifted and talented education programs effective?
- How can we help kids who are in failing schools?
- How can homeschooled kids be prepared for college?
- What can be done to stop bullying, teasing, and violence in schools?
- How can we be sure that students are learning what they need to know? Is a nationalized test the answer? How should testing in schools be handled?
- How can cheating in school be best handled? What should teachers and students do to prevent cheating?
- Should all students be required to learn a foreign language? Should schools offer other languages like Chinese or Arabic?
- Should schools move to digital textbooks?
- Is it a good idea to give every child an iPad or laptop? How can schools adapt to changing technology?
- Should schools have a common core curriculum? If so, what should it include? What does every student need to know?
- Would the U.S. benefit from changing to a more European-style education system?
- Should schools require more physical education?
- How can schools help develop a healthier society?
- How can schools attract and keep outstanding teachers?
- Should high schools offer a technical track for students to get job-ready rather than force everyone to take college prep courses?
- Should online high school courses be offered to students who want a flexible schedule?
- What should be done for students who get pregnant in high school?
- Should school uniforms or strict dress codes be used in schools? What sort of dress code is appropriate and helpful?
- Should teachers and administrators who are appropriately trained and licensed be allowed to carry concealed weapons in schools?
- Should policemen be undercover in classrooms?
- How can students be made to feel more safe at school?
- What is the best way for schools to use technology in the classrooms?
marcism CC0 Public Domain via Pixaby
- How can parents best handle homework?
- How can parents handle their child's cell phone and social media use appropriately?
- Should parents be held responsible for the obesity of their children? What should be done to help families with obese children?
- How can parents help their children have a positive body image and avoid eating disorders?
- What can be done about parents who push too hard for their children to achieve in sports, academics, fine arts, or another area?
- What can be done to increase the number of children who are adopted?
- How can we prevent young people from aging out of the child welfare system without ever finding a family?
- What is the best way to help families who have a child with a mental illness?
- How can parents teach their children about money management?
- What is the best way for parents to discipline their children?
- How can parents encourage their children to be honest?
- What is the importance of religious education? How should parents handle teaching faith to their children?
Solving issues about driving: How can beginning drivers be trained better?
VirginiaLynne, CC-BY, via HubPages
Driving and Transportation
- What should be done about the problem of texting while driving?
- How can parking be handled better on your college campus (or another busy area you know where it is difficult to park)?
- What is the best way for students to be trained to be good drivers? Should there be any changes to the current laws of your state?
- How can traffic around your town be changed so that driving is easier and less stressful?
- How can people be encouraged to take public transportation? What needs to be done to make public transportation an effective option for more people in your town?
- How should we encourage people to be better drivers?
- What changes could be made to the traffic laws that would make driving better? What should the speed limits be?
- What is the best way to find the route to a place you've never been to before? (GPS, Google Maps, directions from a friend?)
- What are the worst traffic violations? How can these be prevented?
- Is the current driver's education in your state effective? What can be done to improve it?
- What is the best way to prevent DUI and deaths due to drunk driving?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Questions & Answers
Question: How should I write the introduction to the topic “What is the best way to help someone who is depressed?" How should I write the thesis statement?
Answer: The best kind of introduction for this sort of topic is two-fold. First of all, start with a real or made-up story or scenario of a person who is depressed and how their friend or family member feels in that situation. Then tell the statistics about how many people experience depression. Your thesis works best if it is written in a question and answer format. The thesis question would be what you have written above, "What is the best way to help someone who is depressed?;" that is a good ending sentence for your first paragraph. The starting sentence for the next paragraph can be your thesis answer. Some people like to have it in the first paragraph after the question. The thesis answer should be: The three best ways to help someone who is depressed are...
Question: What is a good topic for a recommendation report?
Answer: A recommendation report is another name for a problem/solution essay. The difference is that the recommendation report is generally focused on improving a business or institution. Additionally, the recommendation report carefully examines all of the possible solutions, as well as their pros and cons, before making the final recommendation. The tone is more objective than argumentative. Since a recommendation report tends to be about a business, you can find a topic by thinking about the problems a business you know might face. This sort of report could also be written by a government agency trying to solve a problem through legislation. Here are some ideas:
1. What is the best way for colleges to choose who is accepted?
2. How can the appointment process be better managed at a health care clinic?
3. How can work schedules be better arranged for employees at a store or restaurant?
4.What is the best way for a business to advertise to increase sales?
5.What is the best management software a business can choose?
6. Which online computer registration system should a school district choose?
7.How can theft be best prevented from a shopping mall?
8. What sort of packaging would make the products of a small store stand out to potential customers at a boutique?
9. What is the best possible solution to the problem of funding Medicare?
10. How can schools best be protected from shooters?
Question: What do you think of the topic, "What is the best way to prevent deaths from drunk driving?" for a problem solution essay?
Answer: Here are other ideas on that topic:
1. What educational program works to prevent drunk driving deaths among teenagers?
2. How can we solve the problem of drunk driving deaths in our country?
3. What is the most important solution to preventing drunk driving deaths?
Question: What do you think about the essay topic "How can we solve poverty?"
Answer: The problem of poverty is very large and I don't think that any paper could really tackle solving the whole problem. I'd suggest you narrow your topic to make the paper easier to write and more specific. Here are some suggestions:
1. How can we improve the lives of homeless people in (name of town)?
2. What are some ways to make sure that every child has enough to eat in our city?
3. How can we help people in our city get jobs and keep them?
Question: How would you write a Problem-Solution essay about immigrant mothers trying to learn English?
Answer: You can start with a story of one particular mother and the problems she has when trying to do daily tasks and take care of her family and children when she doesn't know English. Next, tell the statistics about the numbers of women with this problem in your country. Then end that paragraph with the topic question: What is the best way to help immigrant mothers learn English? The rest of the essay should explain your idea for helping this situation.
Question: What is the best topic for me to choose for my essay?
Answer: Any topic that you are interested in can be a good topic. For a problem solution paper, your best topic will be a problem that you really would like to solve. I tell students to think about what really bothers them. If you have a solution idea, that is even better. Before you make your final choice, you might want to Google the problem and see if you can find some good examples or possible solution ideas.
Question: How can I start my first paragraph in my research essay which is talking about the need for more awareness of the nursing shortage?
Answer: A great way to start any problem essay is to give a story about someone experiencing the problem. It can be a personal experience or a typical situation. In the case of the nursing shortage, you can either use the experience of a typical nurse who has too many patients to care for and is feeling stressed or doesn't have the time to do a good job, or it can be a patient who has to wait too long, or has the nurse miss some important health information because they don't have the time to spend with them. Perhaps the patient is thirsty or has to go to the bathroom and has too wait too long for help and soils themselves. After you tell a dramatic story illustrating the problem, it is also most effective if you give some statistics showing the extent of the problem. Use your statistics or statements from an authority to convince the reader that your story is not just an isolated incident, but is actually a common situation that needs correcting.
Question: How can we get away from stereotypes and racism? What steps can we take as individuals and as a society?
Answer: Those are good questions and I asked people to respond to a similar topic on a HubPages question. You might want to see some of the responses here: https://hubpages.com/politics/forum/312479/what-ca...
Question: How should I write the introduction to the topic: “What are the reasons for using the death penalty for drug-related crime in Indonesia? What are the solutions to the problems?" How should I write the thesis statement?
Answer: Introduce the topic by using a story about someone who is sentenced to death for a drug-related crime. Then give statistics about how many death sentences are given each year for this crime and how many people are actually killed. Then end the paragraph with the thesis question: Is the death penalty in Indonesia for drug-related crimes actually solving the problem? Your thesis will be your answer to that question and the reasons for your answer will be the topic sentences for the body of your paper.
Question: What do you think of, "What is the best way to help someone who is depressed?" as a problem solution essay topic?
Answer: That is a good topic. You might want to narrow it more clearly by saying how can a friend, or family members, the school system, or teachers can help.
Question: When writing a problem solution essay, how would I write an introduction and conclusion regarding the strengths and weaknesses of two types of organizations?
Answer: One way to do this is to do give several short stories one after the other. These can be stories that show a comparison of the two organizations, or ones that show both weaknesses and strengths. However, I have many more ideas in my article on writing problem solution essays: https://owlcation.com/academia/How-to-Write-a-Prop...
Question: What do you think about the essay topic "What should be done about the problem of texting while driving?"
Answer: Excellent question which makes it clear what the focus will be. You can make a good opening by sharing some statistics about accidents and how texting is similar to driving while under the influence. You can discuss solutions that are laws and also talk about how each person needs to choose to follow those solutions. It is easy to turn on an app or the setting which won't let you text while driving. I think it makes a good ending of this sort of essay to encourage the reader to use that solution for their own phone use.
Question: I’m struggling to find a good proposal topic for my research paper related to healthcare. Do you have any suggestions?
Answer: I have thousands of topic ideas, to search for a particular topic, the easiest way to find it is to Google the topic, my name, and the website, Owlcation. That is actually what I do when I'm trying to find all of the articles I have on a particular topic. For this situation, you can Google search (just highlight, right click and do "search" for: "Healthcare VirginiaLynne Owlcation."
Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can college students balance their studies and social lives?" for a problem solution essay?
Answer: Many students struggle with this topic while they are in college and you can probably get a lot of good ideas for how to solve this by talking with your fellow students. Here are some similar topic ideas:
1. How important is it for college students to get work experience along with their education?
2. How can college students best maximize their study time?
3. How can students avoid the problem of procrastinating?
4. How can college students best form deep friendships?
Question: What is the best introduction to a problem solution essay?
Answer: A story that makes the problem seem essential and dramatic is the best way to start a problem solution essay. There are a lot of issues in the world, and if you want your reader to think yours is an important one to solve, you need to catch their attention with something they will remember. A good story is an excellent way to do that. It can be a personal story, a news item, a typical made-up scenario, a real-life story or even part of a movie plot that demonstrates the problem. Follow that up with some statistics showing the importance of the problem for a wider audience, and you will have a great start!
Question: How would you recommend writing an essay topic for the question, "What should be done to decrease teen suicide"? As a problem/solution essay topic?
Answer: The question you have written is fine, but here are a few other possibilities:
1. What is the best way to decrease the numbers of teen suicide attempts?
2. What is the best way to discourage teen suicide?
3. How can we best prepare friends and family to prevent teen suicide?
4. What kind of media campaign can best decrease teen suicide?
5. What can we do to prevent teens from considering suicide?
As you can see, each of these narrows the topic a bit and suggests the direction of your solution ideas.
Question: How can college students manage their money effectively?
Answer: Excellent and important question. Here are some similar topics:
1. Should college students work or take out loans?
2. How can college students best meet their college expenses?
3. How can college students manage their time effectively?
Question: How is "How can we help homeless people in our community" as a problem solution essay topic?
Answer: Here are some other questions on this topic:
Is more housing going to help homelessness?
What is the link between homelessness and mental health?
How can an individual best help when they meet a homeless person?
Should you give money to homeless people?
Question: How should I approach an essay prompt such as: Write an essay about what you consider to be the most important social problem in your surroundings and how you would contribute to the/a solution?
Answer: Any of these topics on social problems could be used for this sort of essay. My essay on how to write a problem solution essay also gives ideas for coming up with a topic and also how to find a good solution: https://owlcation.com/academia/How-to-Write-a-Prop...
Question: What do you think of "How can we make education better for kids who have trouble in school?" as an essay topic?
Answer: You have an excellent question. It might be good to narrow down the idea of "trouble in school" to be more specific. Do you want to talk about bullying? Or are you interested in academic trouble? Another interesting topic is how to help students who are gifted but underachieving. A final idea is a question that asks about how to make education better for students who don't want to go to college and want a career preparation and internship track.
Question: What is a good topic for an article in education?
Answer: For a number of good education topics, you should look at my ideas in this article: https://hubpages.com/humanities/150-English-Essay-...
Question: How would "What can be done to prevent divorce" serve as my problem solution essay topic?
Answer: Here are some other topics:
What can children do to survive a parent's divorce?
How can children of divorce prepare to have a happy marriage?
How can friends and family prevent a divorce?
Question: What do you think of, "How can schools help develop a healthier society?" for a problem solution essay?
Answer: Here are some other topics on this issue:
1. Is education a good way to solve social problems?
2. What is the most important thing that schools can do to keep children healthy?
3. Are health classes a good way to teach people good health habits?
4. What should be included in a health class curriculum?
Question: How can I develop "What can be done to make college more affordable?" as a problem/solution essay topic?
Answer: 1. What can parents and students do in order to make college more affordable?
2. Why is college so expensive?
3. Does working while going to college mean a person gets an inferior education?
Question: How does this work as a problem solution essay question: What can be done to make sure that people today actually know how to have "real" relationships?
Answer: Your question is one that many adults are wondering; however, I think that you will need to be careful to define what you mean by "real." Do you mean face to face? Here are some other ways to word this question:
1. How can adults help younger people have authentic relationships?
2. Many people today face anxiety and stress about relationships. How can we help people have deep and meaningful relationships?
3. Does spending a lot of time talking by texting or other written communication make relationships less "real?" How can we help young people have real realtionships?
Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can we improve the welfare system to break poverty?" for a problem solution essay?
Answer: 1. What can be done to help more people move off welfare and into jobs?
2. What is the most effective way to help people get out of poverty?
3. Which non-profit does the best job in helping people escape poverty?
4. Does government housing, food stamps, and other assistance really help people get out of poverty?
Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can we improve literacy?" for a problem solution essay?
1. What reading education program best prevents students from growing up illiterate?
2. What is literacy?
3. How can parents help their children learn to read well?
Question: How is "what is effective gun control?" as a problem solution essay topic?
Answer: That topic is more of an explaining essay or an argument. If you are writing a problem solution essay, I'd suggest the following:
1. What gun control laws are effective at stopping crime?
2. How can we solve the problem of gun violence?
3. How can we solve the problem of mass shootings?
4. What gun control would most effectively prevent misuse of guns?
Question: Can you help me find a topic for a research paper? I thought about maybe doing something related to the challenges patients face when participating in clinical trials.
Answer: That is actually a rather interesting question. Here are some ways to word it to make it a problem solution essay:
1. How can doctors doing a clinical trial make the patients feel more comfortable about participating?
2. How can patients decide whether to participate in a clinical trial for a serious condition like cancer, knowing they may be getting a placebo?
3. How can a patient in a clinical trial best overcome challenges during treatment?
Question: What do you think of the problem-solution essay topic, "How can we get away from stereotypes and racism? What steps can we take as individuals and as a society"?
Answer: This is a good question. Here are some other ways to word it:
1. What steps can individuals take to help eliminate racist stereotypes?
2. What are the most effective ways for society to eliminate stereotypes?
3. Can an individual get away from stereotypes and racism?
4. How important is an education for eliminating stereotypes and racism?
5. How important is family for eliminating stereotypes and racism?
Question: What do you think of the question, "How can college students study effectively and earn better grades?"
Answer: You have an excellent question, and looking at the research on this would be helpful for your work in college. In fact, I always enjoy it when students do a topic like this because it lets the rest of the class think about what makes an effective schedule for studying. Often, I suggest that students interview people they know who make good grades or seem to have good study habits.
Question: I'm having difficulty with my essays because I never know how to start an essay and I don't know how I should start the introduction. Clearly, the introduction is the heart of the whole essay. So, I am facing that problem. How should I think through the introduction?
Answer: In a problem solution essay, the introduction is very easy. You simply have to describe the problem, and then the last sentence is something like: What can we do to solve this problem? Then you write your thesis, which is your idea about the solution. Here is my article which describes how to write this sort of essay, including different ideas about the introduction: https://owlcation.com/academia/How-to-Write-a-Prop...
Question: What is the greatest challenge I will face in my composition class?
Answer: For most students, the biggest challenge is time management. Papers are much better if they are written early so that you can go back and revise them and do all of the final editing steps that I suggest in my article 10 Steps for Proofreading and Revising: https://owlcation.com/humanities/Essay-Revision-St...
Question: What do you think of the topic, "how can I solve problems in my area?" as a problem solution essay?
Answer: Solving problems in your own local area is a great way to focus for this sort of essay. However, you need to focus on just one particular problem to solve. No solution can solve all the problems. Here are some examples:
1. How can we solve the problem of kids not getting enough to eat during the summer in our town?
2. How can we solve the problem of student's cheating in my school?
3. How can we solve the problem of traffic congestion on our streets?
Question: How can I explore a possible solution to the problem of my problem solution essay?
Answer: My full instructions for finding a solution are in my article "How to Write a Problem Solution Essay" which you can find here: https://hubpages.com/academia/How-to-Write-a-Propo...
Question: How would you recommend writing an essay topic for the question "How can I do a better job as a parent than my parents did for me?"
Answer: Problem solution essays are such a useful form of thinking and expressing yourself because by learning this process you can not only try to solve issues in a community or the world but also your own personal problems and interests. Before you write on this topic, you would have to make sure your instructor lets you write about personal issues. However, even if they do not, you can actually work out this essay by turning it into a universal question: How can parents do a good job in parenting when they have had a difficult growing up? The key to answering these kinds of questions is researching the best ideas for good parenting and comparing that with the parenting techniques that are familiar to you.
Question: What do you think of the topic, "What can be done to help relieve stress in college?" for a problem solution essay?
Answer: That is a good topic but pretty common. I've written an article on it myself: https://hubpages.com/academia/How-to-Handle-Colleg...
Question: What do you think of this topic as a writing sample for a post-grad program, "How to prevent the stigmatization of special needs children in the society?" How can I develop this topic?
Answer: You have an interesting topic idea. To develop it, you need to look at research to find out what has worked to best incorporate special needs children into communities. You can also ask families, and special needs teachers for ideas of what they have found makes the children most feel included.
Question: What do you think of an essay topic about relieving stress in college?
Answer: That is a good topic , or you could do:
1. Ways to survive college: what a college student can do to relieve stress.
2. How can college students learn to relax?
3. When is enough? How can college students learn to balance studying and life.
Question: How can I write an essay on cyberbullying and how it can affect our social problems?
Answer: In a problem solution essay, you want to have a topic which gives you a chance to offer a solution. Here are some better ideas:
1. How can we prevent cyberbullying?
2. How can we help young people deal with social media appropriately?
3. What can schools do to make sure that they help students to work together to prevent cyberbullying?
4. What can parents do to help a child who is having social problems through cyberbullying?
Question: What do you think of the topic, "What is the best way to prevent DUI and deaths due to drunk driving?" for a problem solution essay?
Answer: That question works, or you could do:
1. Does education work best to prevent DUI deaths?
2. Should there be harsher penalties for driving DUI?
Question: How do I write a problem solution essay about community issues?
Answer: Here are my instructions about how to write a solution essay: https://hubpages.com/academia/How-to-Write-a-Propo...
Question: What do you think of the topic, "Are poverty and broken homes causing teenage pregnancy?" for a problem solution essay?
Answer: Your topic idea is interesting but it is usually better for your question to not include the answer. Here are some better ways to phrase your idea:
What is the cause of teenagers becoming pregnant?
How can we best solve the problem of teenage pregnancy?
What are the effects on today's teens of an increase in poverty and broken homes?
Question: I have to write a proposal argument essay on "How can healthcare be made available for everyone around the world?" How should I go about this?
Answer: It would be difficult to talk about how to make health care available around the world equally, but you might want to talk about how it could be done for an individual country.
Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can we help the poor in our community?" for a Problem-Solution essay?
Answer: Here are some other questions:
1. Who is responsible for helping the poor in our community?
2. Can a community really improve the condition of the poor?
3. What practical things can each person do to help the poor in our community?
Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can students be more attentive to the classroom?" for a Problem-Solution essay?
Answer: You could address this question to either an audience of students, trying to give them ways to pay better attention and make better grades, or to an audience of teachers, trying to explain to them how they can increase the attention of their students.
Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can kids be persuaded not to experiment with illegal drugs?" for a problem solution essay?
Answer: Other possibilities:
1. Does the "Just Say No" campaign really work?
2. What is the most effective way to keep children away from drugs?
3. How can parents help their children to not experiment with illegal drugs?
4. How can schools best prevent their students from illegal drug use and experimentation?
Question: How could "right to die laws" become a problem/solution essay?
Answer: Here are some possible topics you could do on that subject:
1. What is the best way to help people who are terminally ill have a good end-of-life experience?
2. How can we be sure that people who use the Right to Die laws to end their life really want to make that choice?
Question: How do I come up with a research question about police brutality?
Answer: Here are some possible questions:
1. Is police brutality really a problem?
2. What causes police brutality?
3. How important is it to stop police brutality?
5. How can we solve the problem of police brutality?
For help in writing this paper see my article: https://owlcation.com/humanities/Writing-Argument-...
Question: Can you list the problems and solutions with reference to an increase in the number of private schools?
Answer: Here are some topic ideas:
1. Is it a problem when there is an increase in the number of private schools?
2. How can we make sure that private schools all offer a good education and have enough money to stay in business?
3. Should students go to a new private school?
4. How can private schools keep competitive?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on July 01, 2020:
Thanks Mars for giving me this feedback. I think you have done some excellent thinking about your subject and I'm glad you are also interacting with your professor. I'm sure your paper will be excellent!
Mars on June 27, 2020:
Hi again Virginia!
So I decided to scrap my original idea and used your idea of cross-cultural communication in airlines. I found a few excellent articles on implementing effective training programs that will tackle the cultural barrier! Just wanted to say thank you so much for your advice!
Mars on June 26, 2020:
Thank you for your response! I hadn't given any thought to hospitals or airlines! Those are great suggestions! I decided to go with problems within organizations.
I created this XYZ statement,
• X: How organizations can harness the power of learning a new languages to strengthen intercultural communication skills within the workplace.
• Y: To discover how learning a new language can break down cultural barriers and eliminate miscommunication.
• Z: To invest in the personal development of employees by encouraging organizations to provide language learning programs that will strengthen employee relationships and intercultural communication skills.
However, my professor feels that it will be too hard to tie that into increasing intercultural competence with other employees and suggests I find another avenue.
Do you have any suggestions? I am really struggling with creating these XYZ statements so any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 25, 2020:
Hi Mars, How about talking about cross-cultural communication in a particular business or health setting, such as a hospital, airline, or similar setting?
Mars on June 24, 2020:
My assignment has tasked us to propose a problem within our specific majors. With mine being communication arts, I have a pretty wide range of topics to choose from which has actually made it more difficult for me to pick! I've been leaning towards tackling problems in intercultural or cross cultural communications but am struggling with the specifics. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
ARJUMANDBONU on June 01, 2020:
mukhaye emily on August 05, 2019:
Thanks for this information ,please help me know how to write a proposal that can attract support for the community struggling with high levels of early pregnancy /school drop out
Surayyo on February 21, 2019:
It is fantastic!!!!
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 27, 2018:
Truthfully Ada, that does sound like a confusing assignment. Understanding it depends a lot on what problem your group's annotated bibliography is trying to solve. I think you need to ask your instructor for clarification.
Ada on November 27, 2018:
I was given this homework, but I am really confused. "Your job in that proposal argument essay will be to persuade taxpayers that there is a problem related to some aspect of your group's annotated bibliography subtopic and that this problem is worth solving. Post the solution you plan to propose, state whether it will be a practical proposal or a policy proposal, and point out two ways the country would benefit if your proposal was implemented".
Yulduz Umidovna on November 26, 2018:
Nobody on October 31, 2018:
What can be done to acquire worldwide true peace and security?
gyanendra mocktan from Kathmandu,Nepal on October 09, 2018:
Yes indeed, Virginia Kearney. I have to work through the steps of solving the problem. I agree with your points Thank you again
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on October 08, 2018:
Thanks for your comments Gyanedra Mocktan. We all have many problems to work out in life. I've found that working through the steps of solving problems can help me make decisions more clearly.
gyanendra mocktan from Kathmandu,Nepal on October 07, 2018:
Thank Virginia Kearney. Ths article is valuable not only for me but for all even outside the hubpages.com community.
I will share this article on the FB wall. Thank you again
I have just stopped teaching an adult student since yesterday. I had been teaching for 10 months. It was an abrupt ending.
The whole night I had been thinking about problem and solution only.
However, I find your article procuticle for me ti handle my situation.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 10, 2018:
Siranush, start your paper with a story about someone who is depressed and then give statistics about depression. The thesis statement should be something like: While no one can take responsibility for solving someone else's depression, there are some things that friends and family can do to help a person who is depressed.
Siranush on June 09, 2018:
Would you tell me how I must write about an introduction of “What is the best way to help someone who is depressed “ and also thesis statment.Can you help me please
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 27, 2018:
I've had my students do a research paper about solving world problems for several years now. Check out my article for some ideas: https://owlcation.com/academia/Can-College-Student...
Angeles Edwin on March 27, 2018:
I hope by the the time this has reached to you all is well
So there's an essay competition and am supposed to write something unique on the change that i wish to make in my society or globally and i am having troubles coming up with the suitable unique essay topic
Would you please help?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 19, 2018:
Bernard, I suggest that you talk with your fellow students about problems that they have as they both work and go to school. In your paper, you would list each problem and then suggest a few solutions. For example, you might talk about finding time to do homework and then give solutions like making a schedule, studying during lunch, or finding a partner to help you keep accountable.
Bernard on March 19, 2018:
Mature working students have a lot of challenges. In an article to a newspaper, discuss some of the problems and suggest solutions.
Please how do I go about this article?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 09, 2018:
Elvira, if your topic is about a person with potenital, you are probably not doing a problem solution essay. You are writing a reflection essay and I have an article which gives all of the instructions you will need, including information about how to do the introduction. Here is the link to that article: https://owlcation.com/humanities/How-to-Write-a-Re...
Elvira on March 09, 2018:
How can I start writing my essay topic is about Aperson with potential.I don't know how to start.can you please help me?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on February 17, 2018:
Kanika--It is a good idea to turn your topic into a question and an answer. Here are some examples:
What is the effect of divorce on young children (or teenagers or college students)? Your answer would be your thesis. Another topic idea could be:
What is the effect of divorce on men (or women)?
What is the effect of divorce on a person's work? See my article on how to write a cause effect paper.
Kanika on February 16, 2018:
Can you help me to find topic sentence on,Effect of divorce?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on February 10, 2018:
Sayed, you will find many information technology questions if you go to my article
on Technology paper ideas: https://owlcation.com/academia/100-Technology-Topi...
Sayed Abid sadat on February 10, 2018:
Hi! I need your help to select my topic on information technology to write my artical. thank you
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on January 25, 2018:
Hi Mr. Johnson, I have everything you might need for writing a college essay on my website. You can look on my profile page or search for my articles on: choosing a topic; writing a thesis and topic sentences; how to organize and write different kinds of essays; using commas and semicolons correctly; easy words to use as sentence starters to write better essays and much more. I have over 100 articles about writing to help you out!
Dick Johnson on January 24, 2018:
Hi! I Have An Assignment I Have To Do In My College Class On Friday And I Was Looking For Some Advise! Thanks!
Richard Cranium on January 24, 2018:
This website helped my child with her homework.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on January 18, 2018:
I have many articles on different subjects for you to look at. Many of the ones in this article would work fine but you can also look at my articles which are specifically for high school students. A good paper idea is one that interests you and it will be easier to write if you immediately can think of your opinion on that topic and some examples you can use from your own life, something you've read, current news or an example from literature, a movie or another video.
Stupid Pickle on January 18, 2018:
I have to write an essay for English is there any topics that you would recommend for a high school freshman
tommy wensyel on January 10, 2018:
this article was very helpful and it wasn t bias my english teacher wanted us to write an essay. it was really helpful i got a lot of good ideas
Jawaher on December 22, 2017:
How can get out bad relationship
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 15, 2017:
Hi Trang--I have a lot of information to help you write your paper. Look for my articles about how to write argument, problem solution and proposal papers. In order to discuss two solutions, you just need to think about two possible answers to the question that have not yet been done. For example, in the question "How can students get enough good sleep each night?" two good answers that are equal would be: making a schedule for work and sleep, and using a technology device like a cell phone or fitbit that tracks sleep patterns.
Trang Phan on November 15, 2017:
my writing teacher asks me to choose a pro-solution topic that is practically related to student life. After that i have to draw out two solutions which are equal to each other.It means that both of them can not be currently done. it seems so difficult
sssssss on November 12, 2017:
Damtaodu on September 26, 2017:
How do one respond to new challenges and adapting to a different environment, living without familiar amenities, interacting with new and different types of people and studying intensively among others.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on September 12, 2017:
Hi Kashymawoh--I'm glad you've decided on a topic for your essay. You can find everything you need to know about writing it by looking at my other articles on writing problem solution essays and writing argument essays. If you don't see the link for that, search in my profile, which you can find on the top right of the page.
kashymawoh on September 12, 2017:
hi Virginia, i am writing an essay on solving unemployment issues in Nigeria, kindly assist me.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on July 25, 2017:
Hi Cassandra! After you choose your topic, be sure to look at my article about how to write a solution essay. I give all the instructions you should need. If you want help revising or with punctuation, you can find articles on those topic too.
Cassandra Pines on July 25, 2017:
I need to write a 6-7 page essay about a social movement. I don't know how to start
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on May 24, 2017:
Hi, Sparsh, Your best help would be to look at my other articles about how to write problem solution essays and argument essays. You might also like to look at my articles on Toulmin, Rogerian and Classical argument strategies. These articles include specific instruction on how to organize and outline your essay as well as how to argue effectively for your solution. In addition, they provide samples with commentary on why these work. Finally, you ought to look at my articles on how to write a great thesis and topic sentences. You can find these by searching for my name on Letterpile, or by looking on my profile page. I have over 100 articles on writing to help you out.
SPARSH AGARWAL on May 24, 2017:
I am preparing for writing section of PCAT exam. In the writing section, there are generally problem solution essays. It is my humble request if you could provide me with a source where there are more of problem solution sample essays, so that I can prepare accordingly and practice writing on the problems mentioned above.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 29, 2017:
Problems with health can be related to disease or preventative measures like diet and exercise. Here are some easy health-related topics: How can a person with Celiac disease best manage their diet? How can students best exercise and eat to be healthy? What are the best strategies to avoid illness? How can people avoid heart disease? What is the best way to stay healthy if you have diabetes?
poo on March 29, 2017:
i want a health related topic. like people should be concerned about their health. but what problem can i state?
Stevie Glenn from Minneapolis on February 26, 2017:
Great topics on education! Good sources for quick education articles.
Chris Velo on January 16, 2017:
Thank you for all the topics to write on; I would read one section thinking that I couldn't write anything only to discover a few points I had to make into a quick essay.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on December 27, 2016:
Hi Colleen--I'd suggest you look at my Non-Profit Research Paper article for help. https://toughnickel.com/personal-finance/Research-...
Colleen on December 26, 2016:
I have a Critical Analysis & Research Writing paper due the assignment is A Good for A Community: A Research Based-Solution Essay I am having the most difficult time with this. Can you help?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on December 12, 2016:
KyLie--That is an interesting idea. The departmental final exam for my students included a question about this topic. I will see if I can add some to the list.
KyLie on December 12, 2016:
I would like some topics on the death of Harambe the gorilla....
Karla on November 10, 2016:
Should have a topic about animal abuse or cruelty!
Bangladesh Page on February 23, 2016:
Here is a lot of topics to write on. It really makes me think to write something on the topics. There are some topics here I never thought that an essay can be written! Thanks for sharing.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on December 24, 2015:
Hi Zero, I don't exactly understand what you want. Perhaps you mean you want to write an essay about "How to find a good job?" or "Solving the difficult problem of finding a good job?"
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 20, 2015:
Hi mtariqsattar--I actually have also written articles about how to write essays of many types. You can search for this on Hubpages or just look for the links next to my topic ideas articles.
Tariq Sattar from Karachi on November 20, 2015:
Hi there VirginiaLynne, I don't know how to start but you nailed it and you seem to possess command over topics. You do justify what you have said in your profile.
Anyway, I enjoyed reading your hub - it is helpful to those who are seeking to teach essay at the college or university level, and those who want to writer such a genre of essay. That is problem-solution essay.
I would ask though about the tips to writing an essay quickly and accurately at the same time. How should you as an essay writer achieve both ends?
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on April 17, 2015:
Thanks for the ideas Jaime--I may think about putting some solution ideas into another article.
b.s.s on April 08, 2015:
Wow!! What a great topics
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 25, 2015:
So glad Symphony Dunbar that you are using my site to get good ideas. You must be doing a good job writing those essays too!
Symphony Dunbar on March 24, 2015:
I love this site. I come on here, get a topic, write an essay, get an A+, just like that!
sera on February 11, 2015:
Thanks it helped so much
Maria Cuevas on December 01, 2014:
I would really like environment issues. It is very passionate among many.
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on October 28, 2014:
Hi Justin--Glad this helped you. I have a 5th grade daughter and two daughters in 7th. I used to teach 6th grade myself and know that you are learning a lot about writing!
justin on October 28, 2014:
I really like the questions for the problem and solution it makes me want to improve some mistakes I made.P.S. I'm a 6th grader.
Tessa on September 10, 2014:
Awesome website! I'm definitely going to use one of these topics. Helped a lot. Thanks!!!!!
Hyder on July 15, 2014:
How "Education is solution all our problem" I want to write essay this topic anyone help me
Ova ELai on July 13, 2014:
I would like a topic on counselling a teenage who thinks is having a sexually transmitted disease or HIV
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on July 10, 2014:
Thanks Ashley--I will write some topics about that!
Ashley on July 10, 2014:
Military life topics would be great!
djelke16 on April 06, 2014:
Great topics! Thank you so much.
Dottie on February 18, 2014:
Thank you! This was so helpful!
Rachel on November 18, 2013:
This website is perfect! Helped me a lot, thanks!
Lcarter on November 06, 2013:
Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 02, 2013:
So glad I helped you Kaiya! I know that getting the right topic and finding some good information can really help someone overcome that writer's block that makes starting an essay so hard!
kaiya123 on November 02, 2013:
This helped a ton! Anyone of these topics could easily be well written, being that there is so much information about each topic. I seriously couldn't have thought of any of these topics, and this definitely helped my essay. There was many topics to choose from, depending on the area you are interested in. It made me think about what I really wanted to write about! Thanks so much!!! :)
Maria Jordan from Jeffersonville PA on October 12, 2013:
A meaty and worthwhile list of subjects for anyone to pursue...most thought provoking and interesting topics. Excellent job.
Voted UP and UAI. Hugs, Maria
SaM on September 10, 2013:
This HELPED a lot! Thanks!
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on June 24, 2013:
You really thought of so many valid topic that are all worthy of discussion. Anyone of this topic could easily be written about and really there are so many problems, it is a bit overwhelming, but then we must start somewhere. This is a great idea for a hub and no one should have to have writer's block anymore. Voted up and useful.
15% discount on first order.
49 problem solution essay topics with sample essays.
- College Life Issues
- Family and Social Life Complications
- Education Issues
- Sports Topics
- Driving and Public Transportation Issues
- Health Topic Complications
- Animals and Plants Topics
- Sample Problem Solution Essay
- Problem Solution Essay Writing Services
A problem solution essay is a paper that concerned citizens can write to provide a solution to a variety of issues. Community heads, club leaders, government officials, and other figureheads of a group may receive a problem solution essay from their members. For these individuals, they do not need to think of a problem solution topic before writing the paper. They already have an underlying issue that they want to write about and solve.
For high school and college students, the first task in writing a problem solution essay is thinking or finding an issue. The student should choose an issue that interests them and they feel passionate about. The writing process will be easier if they are writing with passion and genuine concern. Below are some sample problem solution essay topics for college students that can help them get an idea of what issue to write about. The topics are split into different categories for an easier reading experience. If students are still having a hard time coming up with an idea, they can straight up use the problem solution topics below.
Since the people who are having trouble with writing a problem solution essay are students, it is best to start with issues regarding college life. Scan through the sample ideas below to get some inspiration for a problem solution topic.
One of the most important issues that college students are facing is the high tuition fee that universities charge. Give some examples of ways to make college affordable for everyone?
The Covid-19 pandemic has forced schools to adopt distance learning. Some students are having a hard time keeping up with their online lectures. What are some ways that college professors can use to help create a better distance learning experience for their students?
College life requires a student to focus more on their academic works which lead to neglecting their personal lives. Write a problem solution essay on how students can balance their academics and personal life?
Some high school graduates are unsure of what course they want to take in college. Some are even unsure if they would like to enroll in a university. Provide a problem solution essay that helps students figure out their college plans.
College students enrolled in a university far from their home will tend to rent dorm rooms. With the limited financial capacity of college students, budgeting their money is an important part of their life. What are some financial management methods college students can practice?
The rate of teen suicides has increased over the years. College students under stress may be susceptible to suicidal thoughts. Create a problem solution essay that can help professors and parents protect the mental health of students.
Some college campuses are becoming unsafe due to students getting involved with drugs and gangs. How can a college faculty and the community make colleges safe from these influences?
Other relatable categories are family and social life. Everyone has a family and a social life and it is almost impossible to go through life without experiencing any complications regarding the two categories. Look for a perfect social life issue sample topic below.
There is a fine line between discipline and child abuse. Some parents are much harsher, while others condone the bad behaviors of children. Create a problem solution essay providing examples of better ways to discipline a child?
Children love asking their parents for money and toys. When parents condone this behavior, some children grow up with bad financial management skills. Write a problem solution essay discussing ways on how to teach children money management.
Parents often raise their children in the religion the parents grew up on. However, some children ask difficult questions about faith that parents fail to answer properly. Give some examples of how parents can effectively teach their children about religion?
Some children are born with mental illness and disabilities. Parents of these children often have a hard time raising them. Create a problem solution essay on how to help the parents of disabled children.
A person can have a diverse friend group. Some of them may be church-goers, while others love to party and drink. How can a person decide if their current friend group is right for them?
Almost everyone has a social media account. They post daily pictures and update their profiles when something new happens with their lives. However, social media has also become a great medium for bullies. Provide a problem solution essay that helps in cyberbullying management.
Even though some laws and groups promote the rights of other races and cultures, there are still people who stereotype and are racist against certain groups. What are some ways to educate these types of people?
Education issues are important topics that society should address to ensure the quality of graduates and later generations. Choose one problem solution topic below to write about and submit to local offices or universities.
The debate on when to teach sex education in school is an intriguing subject. The debate also focuses on the methods of teaching sex education. Create a problem solution essay that can help create a compromise for the debate and also give some effective ways of teaching sex education.
Housekeeping is an important skill for everyone to have. Everyone should learn how to wash clothes, sanitize a room, and cook meals. However, most schools do not teach these skills to their students. Provide a solution on how teachers can implement housekeeping in their curriculum?
Some students believe that homework is taking away their rest days and time for a social life. Some students believe that assigning homework should stop. Write a problem solution essay that provides an alternative to homework and allows students to have time for themselves.
Standardized tests have been a subject of debate since it only tests a few specific skills of a student. This means students who are talented in other aspects fail to discover their abilities. What are some alternatives to standardized tests and how can students discover their hidden talents?
Homeschooling can result in a child having no social life and social skills. Create a problem solution essay that helps parents and educators balance homeschooling and the student’s social life.
Some students have a hard time understanding lessons even after a teacher has explained them multiple times. Teachers often need to set aside some time to teach these students separately from the class. What are some ways for schools to help children with learning disabilities?
Some schools fail to assess a teacher’s qualification or teaching method before hiring them. The teacher often tends to be lazy or ineffective in educating students. Provide a problem solution essay that discusses how schools can effectively screen their teachers.
Need an essay? I can help!
Sport is an interesting category to write about. There are many types of sports and personalities that most college students are familiar with. This makes writing a problem solution essay fun and engaging.
A student may be passionate about a certain sport, such as basketball or table tennis. They can write a problem solution essay that provides the readers with ways to prepare themselves for the sport.
Nowadays, children start playing and training for sports at a young age. How can parents and trainers make sure that the children’s health is not in danger?
Playing any sports will require physical effort. Injuries are common in sports like football, wrestling, and racing. Create a problem solution essay that provides ways to prevent severe injuries.
Strange and uncommon sports like extreme ironing, wife carrying, cheese rolling, and face slapping have a niche audience. How can these sports and their event organizers effectively promote to a larger audience?
In professional competitions, players are always playing for money. If a sport requires a team like in hockey and football, how does the team divide the reward? Write a problem solution essay that discusses how they should divide the reward.
In competitive sports, there have been issues about illegal substance use to increase an athlete’s performance. Give a solution on how event organizers and sports officials can regulate substance use?
There will always be underdog teams when watching any kind of sports. Either the team has poor chemistry or the individual athletes are subpar to their competition. Discuss in a problem solution essay what the organization should do to build a better team.
Driving and taking public transportation is a vital part of society. It allows people to travel from their home to their workplace or other destination. Solving some of these sample issues can make a community a better place to live in.
One of the main problems of transportation is the heavy traffic that commuters experience daily. This is due to poor city planning. Write a problem solution essay that provides ways on how city planners can better build roads and alternate routes.
The top cause of car crashes is distracted driving. Even with laws regulating texting while driving and drunk driving, people still do them. What effective rule or regulation can officials legislate as a solution to the issue?
Another major cause of heavy traffic is private vehicles. If only one person is in a car, they are wasting road space. Public transportation allows for a more economical and environmentally-friendly way of transportation. Write a problem solution essay about what should be done to make public transportation appealing to more people.
A person just needs to take a driving test and answer a questionnaire and they will receive their license. The tests are easy to pass, which ends up in impotent drivers driving around. What are some ways for transportation offices to make the licensing process more difficult?
When visiting a new area, drivers will have no idea where certain paths lead. They will need to use navigating methods to find their way around. Create a problem solution essay that provides effective methods of navigating new places.
In some communities, finding a parking spot is difficult. Some people buy cars, but they have no available space to park their vehicles. What rules should the government legislate to stop people from buying cars even when they have no parking spaces?
Some people drive around recklessly in neighborhoods. They go over speed limits and ignore traffic signs. Write a problem solution essay on how to educate drivers and turn them into better drivers.
There are many health issues that people and society face. Misinformation and ignorance lead to many health risks. This is why health issues are some of the best problem solution essay topics.
Even with the internet providing endless information, some individuals refuse to vaccinate themselves and their children. What are effective ways to educate this type of people?
People, especially younger individuals, do not see health insurance as an important investment. Insurance agents and their marketing annoy some people, making it difficult to teach its importance. Write a problem solution essay that can help educate people and get their interest in taking health insurance.
There are foods like processed meats and baked goods that can increase the risk of heart diseases and other health complications. Despite the warnings from experts, people with health issues still include these foods in their diet. Give some examples of how doctors can persuade them to avoid these types of food?
Prescription medicines are often very expensive. Poorer individuals who need the medicine lack the financial capacity to obtain the medications. Create a problem solution essay about ways that people can help poor individuals get proper medication.
People often disregard mental health issues like depression and anxiety. These issues can often lead to more serious illness if left untreated. What are some ways to educate people about taking care of their mental health ?
People have linked tobacco and cigarette use to cancer risks. However, a lot of people still smoke an unhealthy amount of tobacco and cigar. Write a problem solution essay discussing regulations to control the use of these substances.
People can easily start an exercise routine. However, the problem lies with doing it daily and consistently. They often forget about it or feel lazy after a couple of days. Create a problem solution essay discussing ways to help people be consistent with their exercise routine.
More fun and engaging topics are about endangered species. These issues are important to address since animals and plants are a vital part of any ecosystem. A great problem solution essay about the issues that can help certain species survive the threats of extinction.
One effect of climate change is the melting of ice caps. Polar bears, penguins, and other arctic animals are losing their habitat due to climate change. Create a problem solution essay providing methods on how people can help these animals regain their habitats.
The Vaquita porpoise is an endangered species of porpoises endemic on the coast of Mexico. Illegal gillnet fishing has caused the population to reduce to only around ten individual porpoises. How can locals protect the remaining Vaquita porpoises from illegal fishing?
Plants like Dendrobium schuetzei and Hopea philippinensis are some endemic plants in the Philippines that have become endangered due to deforestation. Write a problem solution essay on what laws the government should legislate to protect the plant species.
Pollen-producing plants like lady slipper orchids require the help of bees and birds to reproduce. Human activities tend to disrupt the process of pollination, which disables the plants to reproduce. What are some ways to stop human activities from disrupting the plants’ pollination?
Some zoos mistreat their captive animals and place them in small cages. The animals become malnourished and eventually die. Create a problem solution essay providing laws or rules to protect the rights of captivated animals.
In some countries, venomous snakes and spiders can often enter people’s homes easily. The owners tend to kill the animals to get rid of them. What are some alternatives to killing these animals?
Many people buy or adopt pets without weighing the responsibilities they require. This leads to owners abandoning their pets or mistreating the animals. Write a problem solution essay on how to educate people about the responsibilities of a pet owner.
How to Protect the Vaquita Porpoises
The Vaquita Porpoise is a species of porpoise endemic in Mexico’s Gulf of California. The species is one of the world’s rarest marine mammals. As of writing, the “World Wildlife Foundation” (WWF) estimates that there around ten individual vaquita porpoises remaining in the wild. The culprit for the vaquita porpoises’ population decline is the illegal fishing activities on the coast of Mexico. The illegal fishermen hunt for the totoaba fishes, which are also endangered and endemic on the coast of Mexico. The vaquita’s population decline is merely collateral from the illegal gillnet fishing for totoaba fishes. The vaquitas are accidentally caught inside the gillnets and eventually drown since they are mammals and need to breathe air. If the issue regarding the vaquita porpoises is left unchecked, the remaining ten vaquitas may not live to see the end of the year. The world will lose another species due to the greed of men.
The first step to protect the vaquita porpoises is the strict regulation and active response against gillnet fishing. The government has already made gillnet fishing an illegal activity, however, illegal fishermen are still fishing for totoaba fish using gillnets. The government should make an active response against these illegal fishermen. They should assign enforcers that will regularly patrol the area where the vaquita porpoise lives. They can ask assistance from coast guards to help in patrolling the area. This action will also help in catching illegal fishermen who are using gillnets for totoaba fishing. This solution will require the joint forces of the local government and law enforcers to help protect the remain ten vaquita porpoises.
Another method to protect the vaquita porpoises is by carefully catching the remaining porpoises and keep them in a secure and comfortable location where they can breed without any external threats. For this method to work, experts should study how the vaquitas may respond to a change in environment. If their studies suggest that the method can work and vaquitas will be able to breed, their population can increase and provide a second chance for the species. However, since there are only ten vaquitas, experts may need to perform outbreeding methods to avoid incestual relations among the species. Outbreeding will require the vaquitas to mate with other species of porpoises. This will result in crossbred species but will be necessary for the preservation of the vaquitas.
Concerned individuals can also sign petitions in favor of the protection of the vaquitas. An organization like the “Center for Biological Diversity” has created petitions to recognize the habitat of the vaquitas as a ‘World Heritage in Danger.” If the petition succeeds in persuading the “United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization” (UNESCO), Mexico will receive more funding to help protect the vaquita porpoises. Other petitions include the banning of seafood that fishermen caught using gillnets. This helps solve the root of the issue, which is illegal gillnet fishing.
Protecting the vaquitas should be a priority for the government of Mexico and the world. The ten remaining vaquita porpoises will only be able to survive with the help of humans. Creating regulations and laws to combat gillnet fishing will be necessary to protect the habitat of the creatures. Biologists and other experts should help in studying and finding ways on how to increase the population of the species. Individuals who do not have the means to help physically can stand behind petitions that support the protection and welfare of the vaquita porpoises. The vaquitas suffered from the consequences of man’s actions and it is our responsibility to help make things right.
We work 24/7 and we are affordable (from $13.95/page). Our writers, managers and support agents all have been involved in academic ghostwriting for years. We can assist even with the most difficult writing assignment under time constraints.
A problem solution essay can be difficult to write for college students with other workloads. It will require them to do research and think of feasible solutions to an issue. They will spend hours just constructing a convincing introduction. This will take away a lot of time that the students can use for other tasks. This is why some individuals prefer to hire essay writers that will help them create a well-written paper. In CustomEssayMeister, we have professional writers that can produce top-quality papers. You can also find essay examples on the website. Many students have considered letting professionals write their papers which allows them to focus on other tasks. Consider it too and order a problem solution essay on our website!
more in Topics / Topic Examples
- How to be an Effective Leader Jul 9, 2019
- What is cultural identity? Jul 20, 2018
- Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid Jul 17, 2019
- September 11, 2001: What America Has Learned Sep 19, 2019
Let’s get your assignment done!
Custom Essay, Term Paper & Research paper writing services
Toll Free: +1 (888) 354-4744
Email: [email protected]
Writing custom essays & research papers since 2008
130 best problem solution essay topics.
It is quite ironic that the first problem you encounter in problem solution essays is choosing the best problem solution essay topics!
However, it doesn’t have to be that difficult. All you have to do is look for problem solution essay topics with viable solutions, and you should genuinely care about the problem. If you still have trouble finding good problem and solution topics, you can look for examples of problem and solution essay topics.
We have provided more than enough examples for you with over 100 problem solution essay topics contained in this article. Ready to find a solution to your problem solution essay topics? Let’s get started!
Problem Solution Essay Topics for College Students
Problem solution essay topics for middle school, problem solution essay topics about animals, environment problem solution essay topics, health problem solution essay topics, political problem solution essay topics, problem solution gun control topics, funny problem solution essay topics, more problem solution essay topics.
Problem solution essays are one of the most common essays for college students. Students in college face a unique set of problems from other students. It is essential to write topics for problem solution essay on issues that you can relate to or have experienced.
Therefore, problem solution essays written by college students are quite different from all others. These essays deal with issues common among college students.
Still at a loss as to the problem solution topics to choose as a college student? Here are some examples that would point you in the right direction. Note that you don’t have to use them verbatim. These can serve as samples or inspiration.
- How can college students effectively balance out personal needs and academics? Is it possible to still have a social life?
- Large lecture halls can make it more challenging to learn and hear lecturers. How can campuses work on solving this problem?
- Most students have to work and study to pay for their education. However, work often takes away the time for learning. How can a student find a solution to this problem?
- Going away from home can be pretty hard, and many students battle with homesickness for a time. Proffer solutions to this problem.
- How can a student cut costs on decorating a dorm room or apartment?
- Lots of colleges match students as roommates. This practice often causes some problems between people with different personalities and interests. What can be done to make the adjustment period more comfortable for each roommate?
- Every student knows that the cafeteria is rarely the best place to get the best food. How can students help change this situation, though?
- How can parents help their children and wards without intruding on their privacy and taking away their independence?
- What should colleges do to have a more diverse number of students in their schools?
- How can colleges help their students relieve stress?
- Do parents need to know the grades of their children in college?
- How can colleges encourage students to participate more actively in sports and politics?
- How do college students decide on their major?
- What happens to a long-distance relationship when you are in college?
- How can a college student persuade his parents to allow him to be independent?
- What is the best way to handle issues with roommates?
- How can a college student stop procrastination?
- What degrees are the most marketable for college students?
- How do college students handle noisy or dirty roommates or neighbors?
- What can you do if you find out that your friend is suicidal?
These problems are issues that college students frequently encounter. Therefore, you only have to seek actionable solutions to the question, outline them and have a good problem solution paper.
These sample topics can also be converted into problem solution speech topics. If you were to give a speech, all these questions would make a good thesis for problem solution speech topics college students would love. You have the advantage of capturing your audience’s attention right from the onset as they can relate to the problems.
Not everyone is in college, though. For instance, if you are in middle school, the type of problem solution essay that would appeal to your audience and find interesting is quite different. Therefore, we have highlighted more problem solution paper topics to help everyone in different situations.
Middle School is often a challenging time for most people. It is a time when teenagers feel like adults yet are still children in the real sense. This problem, coupled with many other issues, makes for a quite impressive problem solution essay topics list.
- What can a school do to help children who have behavior issues that stem from their home?
- How can society help and encourage children with autism and other developmental disorders instead of blaming their parents?
- What can parents and teachers do to help young female teenagers who are unrealistically trying to fit into the images they see on social media?
- Should middle school students look for a job before they gain admission into college?
- How can parents teach middle school students financial management before they get to college?
- How can parents and teachers combat the adverse effects of cell phones and other electronic devices on students?
- How can therapy dogs be controlled in a classroom such that it does not become a distraction?
- How can students do tests without experience undue stress and anxiety?
- How can society help children who are talented but have no means to further their education?
- How can school fit more creative subjects into pupils’ schedules to help them broaden their mental capacities?
Beyond school topics for problem solution essays, there are also other general topics that anyone who wants to write problem solution persuasive speech topics can use. We have highlighted these topics under the different sections below.
If you love animals, then you would care about what happens to them. A problem solution essay can help you affect the changes that you want to see concerning animals. Here are a few interesting topics that you might want to try your hands on first.
- What is the solution to the animals that are overpopulating particular habitats because human activity has chased their natural predators?
- How can we prevent people from disturbing the natural habitat of endangered animals living in parks?
- How can we solve the problem of plastics destroying the natural ecosystem in the ocean?
- What can people do to combat the global climate change issues that would affect several animals’ habitats?
- How do we deter people who adopt pets on a whim and decide they don’t want these animals anymore?
- How we protect endangered species like snakes, which might live on people’s properties, without causing problems for the people or the animals?
- How can we prevent poaching with the rise in demand for animal flesh and parts worldwide?
- How do we protect migratory birds from obstacles like tall buildings and wind turbines?
- How can we deal with irresponsible dog breeders who run dog mills?
- How can farmers provide free-range eggs at a more affordable price?
You might have thought of some of these issues at one point or the other if you love animals in any capacity. Therefore, it would be relatively easy for you to write a problem solution paper on any of these topics if necessary.
Anything that affects the environment affects everyone in it. Therefore, problem solution essay topics environment-related are a common one for people. You can try your hands on any one of them. Who knows? Your solution might be what the world needs.
Some sample environment problem solution essays that you attempt are:
- How can we encourage more countries to work on climate change and take it more seriously?
- What can everyday people do to help cleanse the waterways from pollution?
- How can we encourage farming communities to convert to wind or solar farming?
- What can we do the stop the extinction of monarch butterflies?
- How can we reduce air pollution in major world cities?
- What steps should members of societies take to stop the rising acidity of the oceans?
- What can be done about the increasing world population as it affects the environment?
- GMOs lead to more food production but could cause biodiversity challenges. What could be done to solve the problem?
- How can we reduce food wastage, especially in larger cities?
- How can we reduce deforestation and encourage tree planting?
Find more environmental science topics on our blog.
One significant aspect of life that people face challenges is in their health. This fact makes this aspect a good source for problem solution essay topics. Some of the health problem questions that these essays seek solutions to include:
- How can we encourage parents to vaccinate their children at an early age to prevent dangerous illnesses?
- How can people develop the habit of regular exercise?
- What can parents do to help their obese children?
- How can we get more people to sign up for a health insurance plan in the United States?
- How can the stigma surrounding mental health issues be reduced in our societies?
- How can we combat increasing health challenges like asthma caused by air pollution?
- How can we strongly encourage people to stop taking tobacco?
- How do we reduce death rates caused by accidental gun discharge?
- What can we do to encourage people to eat fresher, more balanced meals?
- How do we ensure people seek primary health care when they fall ill? How do we make primary health care accessible to all?
Politics is an issue that concerns everyone, whether we like it or not. One way or the other, your actions and inactions would determine the state of your society and country.
There are no doubts that there are several problems in the political system all over the world today. These problems serve as the basis of political problem cause solution speech topics.
These examples that we have provided below will help you write on any of these political problem solution essay topics.
- How do we encourage people to vote more?
- Should the age limit of voting reduce as more children mature at younger ages?
- How do we enforce laws that would help our societies?
- Is there a way that we can eradicate racism, nepotism, and tribalism from the society
- Is there a way to increase the number of literate people in society?
- How do we balance the free speech right with the right not to insult or abuse?
- How can we solve the problem of terrorism?
- How can mass job creation reach everyone and reduce the poverty rate?
- Should politicians have some form of control over social media? How can we create a free and fair media space without any political interference?
- How should we deal with illegal immigration issues?
Gun control has been a big issue for years. Different people have their opinions on the solution to the problems that guns cause in society. Here are a few on the topic:
- How can we help victims of gun violence?
- Is there any way to reduce the rate of gun violence?
- Do we prosecute the sellers or buyers of illegal guns?
- Should civilians be allowed to carry guns? What justifiable reasons can a civilian give for owning a gun?
- How can we make our communities safer without guns?
These problem solution gun control topics can help you explore the issues surrounding gun use control.
Whether you want to or not, some problems would make you laugh. We have highlighted a few funny problem solution essay topics for you.
- Funny cat videos reduce stress during finals.
- Programmable electric locks might help you stop eating at night.
- Photoshop solves Instagram users’ low self-esteem issues.
- Would 3D Printing solve the dorm cooking problems?
- Lecturers can serve free coffee to keep students awake during class.
- Could recorders be used to solve the problem of sleeping in class?
- Can autocorrect solve the problem of texting language in essays?
- Glowing pillows could solve issues in long-distance relationships
- iPads as a replacement for textbooks would make the class more fun and engaging
- Alarm clocks should run from student’s reach before they turn them off to prevent oversleeping.
These topics contain funny solutions to real-life issues. While you can write a paper on these funny topics to entertain yourself, you might need more problem solution essay topics.
- How can we stop social media bullying?
- How can you help a depressed person?
- What can we do to domineering and manipulating people?
- How do you leave a bad relationship?
- How can we stop or limit steroid use in sports?
- Should student-athletes get paid?
- How can you learn a sport that you have never played before?
- How can you boost attendance at a sporting event?
- Should parents or teachers push children to engage in sports?
- How do homeschooled children prepare for college?
- Should schools offer more technical courses to prepare children for the changing world?
- What should parents or guardians do when a student gets pregnant?
- How can we encourage more people to adopt children?
- How can parents teach the value of honesty?
- What is the best way to discipline a child?
- How can we prevent traffic violations?
- How do we prevent drunk driving?
- Is there a way to increase driver education in the country?
- What is the best way to find a new location you have never visited?
- What can traffic law changes make driving easier?
- How can we make people use more public transport?
- What is the best way to train a student as a driver?
- How can we combat driving and texting?
- Should parents impose their religious beliefs on their children?
- How can we help families who have someone with mental health challenges?
- How can parents help their children have a confident body image?
- How should parents help with homework?
- In what way should technology be used in the classroom?
- Should teachers or students be allowed to carry licensed guns into the school premises?
- What should be the standard for dress codes in schools?
- Should students who prefer online studies in high school be allowed to use that medium?
- How can schools retain their outstanding teachers?
- Should schools promote more physical education?
- Should there be a general core curriculum for all schools?
- Is it ideal to give every child an iPad or laptop in school?
- Has digital technology caused challenges for the education sector?
- Should foreign language be made compulsory for every student?
- How should teachers treat cheaters when caught?
- Would a nationalized test prove the standard of schools?
- How can we help children flunking class?
- What can make gifted and talented programs more effective?
- How much should sports players earn?
- Should women ask men out on dates?
- How can you move out of a friend zone?
- What makes for a healthy relationship?
You can change these topics into local problem solution essay topics by specifying a state or location. If you are looking for easy problem solution essay topics or problem solution proposal essay topics, these topics will meet your needs. All you have to do is choose appropriate problem solution essay topics or contact a paper writer and get more help.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
A List of 199 Problem Solution Essay Topics & Questions
A problem solution essay is a type of persuasive essay. It’s a piece of writing that presents a particular problem and provides different options for solving it. It is commonly used for subject exams or IELTS writing tasks.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
In this article, we’ll take a look at how to write this type of essay. We will also provide ideas of good problem and solution essay topics to ease students’ writing process. But first: check out our custom writing service in case you need academic assistance!
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
✅ How to Write a Problem Solution Essay
⭐ top 10 problem and solution essay topics for 2023.
- 🧑🤝🧑 Topics about Society
- 🏫 Topics on Education
- 💵 Business & Finance Topics
- 🍎 Health & Psychology Topics
- 🌎 Environment Topics
- 🐶 Topics about Animals
- 🔬 Science & Technology Topics
- 🏠 Local Problem Solution Topics
- 😄 Funny & Easy Topics
🔝 top 10 problem solution essay topics.
- The best way to improve logistics
- How to prevent drunk driving
- How can we prevent stroke?
- Ways to promote independent music
- How to prevent teen pregnancy
- Can schools help with childhood obesity?
- Ways to teach children financial literacy
- What can we do to stop human trafficking?
- Can teaching self-defense reduce violence?
- Building dams to fight the flooding problem
When starting to write an essay, think about a problem in the community that needs to be resolved. Sometimes, you will get a ready topic, like at an IELTS exam.
The topics might vary, but the outline of an essay will remain the same. First, write a list of actions that can help to solve the problem. Then, pick the three that you like best and evaluate them.
Once you get your solutions, start writing.
Any essay, whether it’s for high school or college, should be well-structured. Problem solution essays consist of two paragraphs: problem description and solution . The first section is generally divided into several parts:
- Introduction. Provide the definition of the problem, some general background, and thesis statement with possible solutions.
- Situation. Give clear examples on the issue so that readers can understand it better.
- Problem. Describe the issue and its effect on people.
In the solution section, you need to identify several potential solutions and evaluate their effectiveness. It should include:
- Two or more possible solutions .
- Evaluation and critical assessment of the solutions.
- Conclusion with a summary of the main points of the text.
Now, you have a general idea about the writing process. To help facilitate your writing, take a look at the topic ideas below.
- Is group therapy effective against BPD?
- Can smart fridges prevent binge eating?
- Can having remote workers decrease costs?
- Sustainable homes as a way to save energy
- How nature reserves prevent wildlife extinction
- Reducing education costs with online education
- Is gun control a way to stop mass shootings?
- Can class discussions help fight youth violence?
- One-child policy as a way to stop overpopulation
- Is car sharing effective for decreasing CO2 emissions?
🧑🤝🧑 Problem and Solution Topics about Society
Social issues are problems of every level that influence the members of our society. They may refer to various factors, such as racial inequality or bullying, that affect the well-being of people or the community as a whole. Here are some problem-solving topics that will help you start writing.
- A part of the world’s population lives in conditions that don’t meet their basic needs. What are the ways to alleviate or prevent poverty ?
- There were several instances when social media websites were accused of gathering people’s private information. What are the ways to ensure privacy in the digital age?
- A vast number of girls get pregnant and give birth before the age of 20. What are some ways to reduce the teenage pregnancy rate in your country?
- Body shaming is one of the biggest problems of today’s society. What are the ways to solve this issue?
- Despite an increase in public awareness about the adverse effects of racism , the issue persists. How can we eliminate it?
- Unemployment negatively affects the living conditions of many people. It also facilitates such issues as domestic violence and depression. How can unemployment rates be improved in your country?
- Education is a fundamental human right, yet many people in some developing countries remain illiterate. How can we solve this issue?
- Habits such as smoking and overeating negatively affect people’s health. How can we better promote healthy lifestyles ?
- Victims of domestic violence often develop physical disabilities, chronic health problems, and stress. In what ways can we reduce domestic violence in our society?
- Inequality in payment, sexual harassment, and difficulty getting promoted are some of the issues women face at workplaces. What can our society do to increase equality ?
- Celebrities often appear to look flawless, which affects people’s body image. How can we promote healthier beauty standards?
- When children observe violent behaviors, they become more aggressive. In what ways can we prevent them from witnessing violence?
- Health care is a major social issue, as many people don’t have access to high-quality services. How can we improve this situation?
- The ownership of guns increases the chances of unintentional shootings, which can result in casualties. How can gun control policies be improved?
- The consumption of illegal drugs often leads to overdosing. In what ways can people be persuaded not to do drugs?
- Drunk driving is the leading cause of vehicle accidents. What is the best way to restrict people from doing it?
- Human trafficking is a grave problem that affects countries all over the world. How can it be prevented?
- Women often report being sexually assaulted while in college. What can we do to reduce this problem?
- Homeless people are more likely to engage in abuse or violent behavior. What can be done to solve the issue?
- Parental divorce is a traumatic experience for a child. How can its adverse effects be eliminated?
🏫 Problem Solution Essay Topics on Education
The educational system is riddled with issues. You can think of numerous drawbacks that need to be addressed to make education better. Below are several examples of problem solution essay topics that will inspire you to write.
- In the pandemic environment, many students had to resort to online education , often with questionable quality. What are the ways to make e-learning effective?
- Many schools fail to provide adequate sex education programs. How can we reduce the stigma around this topic?
- Numerous students get bad grades due to reasons other than laziness. How can we help struggling learners?
- For many students, a strict schedule remains a big issue. Should students be offered the possibility of flexibility?
- Many private and public schools require a strict uniform . Are there ways to express one’s individuality without violating the dress code?
- A majority of students in schools and colleges admit to cheating. What are the ways to put an end to this behavior?
- Technology usage in education can be beneficial, as it might improve engagement and individual learning. How can schools become more adaptable to digitalization?
- Learning a foreign language can help students develop additional mental abilities. Should it be mandatory in all schools?
- Students often find themselves delaying or postponing tasks. It leads to lower grades and health issues, such as headaches or insomnia. How can we reduce the levels of student procrastination?
- Obesity is associated with the leading causes of death in the US. Should the educational system include more physical education classes to build a fitter community?
- Students with learning disorders may have a feeling of frustration when mastering a subject. In what ways can colleges adapt to their needs?
- There are many subjects in school, and not all of them are equally useful for everyone. How can we make sure that students are learning what is best for them?
- Schools often put more funding into science, mathematics, and humanities. Should they also fund physical education (PE)?
- Gifted education allows talented students to learn more and move ahead at their pace. At the same time, it creates inequality. How can these programs be improved?
- Disruptive children usually prevent themselves and other students in class from working. What are the ways to deal with these students to make the work effective?
- The core curriculum for all schools allows all children to be taught all subjects but can be a bit strict. Should all schools have the same curriculum?
- Students are often provided with college preparation classes that don’t prepare them for work. Should schools focus more on getting students job-ready?
- Bullying and violence are the major issues at school that affect mental and physical health. What can teachers do to prevent these behaviors at school?
- The majority of students don’t perform equally well in all subjects. Instead, they excel in certain ones and fail in others. Should learners be allowed to choose their courses?
- Printed books are not easy to update, as new editions are often costly. Should schools move to digital textbooks ?
💵 Business & Finance Problem Solutions Topics
A significant number of issues can arise while managing a business or creating a startup. It can be related to anything from cybersecurity to marketing strategies. If you are into entrepreneurship, consider choosing a problem solutions topic from the list below.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- Raising minimum wages might result in the loss of jobs. What are the alternatives?
- Job dissatisfaction often stems from issues related to wages, career progression, and leadership approach. How can we increase job satisfaction?
- The high unemployment rate brings an economic loss to the government, as well as causes individual sufferings. What are the possible methods to reduce it?
- A large number of startups fail in the first year of functioning. How can governments ensure their sustainability?
- Low employee productivity can create serious setbacks for businesses. What are the ways to increase productivity?
- Bad customer service damages the company’s reputation and leads to the loss of clients. What are the steps to fix this issue?
- The lack of teamwork might result in efficiency and productivity drop. How can we improve team cooperation in the company?
- Inflation negatively affects people with fixed wages and large amounts of cash savings. How can it be avoided?
- Carrying a student loan debt and failure to repay one may result in serious financial troubles. How can we solve the problems associated with student credit?
- The lack of performance monitoring might lead to unintended behaviors within the organization. How can we persuade people to start using a set of performance indicators?
- A significantly high number of people live from payday to payday, failing to accumulate savings. What is the best way to save money monthly?
- Bad investments rarely bring any profit. How can people avoid poor investments?
- Financial crisis can lead to mass job losses and businesses shutting down. How can we overcome recessions effectively?
- The biggest challenge for small businesses during a pandemic is staying open and making a profit. How can governments support small businesses in case of another epidemic?
- Poor marketing might result in financial problems and low customer volumes. How can you improve an average marketing strategy?
- Imagine a company whose cash flow is adequate, yet there aren’t enough financial resources for it to grow. What are the ways to manage a strapped budget?
- Employee turnover has immediate consequences for a company. How can we reduce it?
- Business competition can harm small businesses through price factors and labor costs. How can they handle the competition?
- Poor workflow directly affects the revenue of the company. How can companies manage it effectively?
- Unsatisfied customers might spread the word about the ineffectiveness of the company. How can organizations increase customer satisfaction?
🍎 Health & Psychology Problem Solving Topics
Problems related to health and mental well-being are common in the modern world. It’s not surprising, considering the influence of consumerist culture and environmental factors. You can address any issue you’re particularly concerned about. The following problem solution essay topics will give you an idea of where to start.
- There are several reasons for poor mental health among older people in the US. What are the ways to improve it?
- Substance addiction affects individuals because of the stigma associated with it. In what ways can we help people in recovery?
- A significant number of people suffer from eating disorders, which affects their mental and physical states. How can society prevent it?
- Depression is a common disorder among teenagers. How can teachers and parents help them manage it?
- Birth order can impact the way parents treat their children and children’s behavior. Can we, as a society, raise more awareness about the effects of birth order?
- Post-traumatic stress disorder is experienced by people who suffered from trauma. How can society help those who have it?
- Peer pressure forces people to do things that they might not want to do. How can we reduce its influence?
- Romantic relationships often fail due to misunderstandings. How do we raise awareness about the possible difference in love styles?
- Schizophrenia is a complicated mental illness that has a severe impact on one’s life. How can society help people seek treatment for this disorder?
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) might isolate themselves from peers. How can teachers and parents help kids with social skills impairments?
- Alzheimer’s disease affects intellectual and physical abilities, memory, and personality. How can people prevent its development?
- Somatization disorder is a tendency to feel psychological pain in the form of physical. What is the best treatment for its symptoms?
- Prolonged use of defense mechanisms makes people feel as if they aren’t in control of their own emotions. How can we help people overcome these feelings?
- A significant percentage of children have ADHD. How can we help children with this disorder?
- Nowadays, many people have sleep disorders. How can insomnia be prevented?
- The coronavirus pandemic of 2020 caused many children to feel lonely and detached. What can parents do to help their kids in case of another pandemic?
- Suicide is a growing problem among people of all ages. What can we do to prevent it?
- Constant stress negatively affects sleep quality. What techniques can help improve it?
- It’s natural for parents to help their children as much as possible. But because of this, they often put them under too much pressure. How can we help parents find the right balance?
- Constant stress increases the chances of stroke . What are the ways to reduce the risk?
🌎 Problem Solving Topic Ideas about Environment
Today’s most significant environmental issue is climate change, but it’s not the only one. There are more global problems that need to be resolved. If you’re concerned about the environment, here are some problem-cause-solution topics for you.
- Drinking water has become an uncommon thing in many countries due to pollution. What can people do to help with this problem?
- Climate change has numerous adverse effects, such as shifting seasons and new sicknesses. How can this issue be effectively addressed?
- Vehicles release a significant amount of greenhouse gases, which contributes to global warming. Should there be a rule about reducing car usage to facilitate the solution to the environmental problem?
- Woodlands produce oxygen and help regulate the temperature. Unfortunately, a vast amount of wooded areas is lost due to deforestation . What are the possible ways to solve this problem?
- Marine life is suffering because of the amount of carbon in the water. How can people protect it?
- Air pollution poses a serious danger to people’s health. How can we reduce its adverse effects?
- Overpopulation results in a deficiency of assets like water, food, and fuel. How can we control it?
- Ozone depletion leads to an increase in the amount of ultraviolet. It results in cancer and other skin diseases. How can we solve this problem?
- Due to overpopulation, people use natural resources faster than nature can replenish them. How can we prevent its depletion?
- Leftover food is a massive problem, as it wastes water and farmland. How can we reduce it?
- Pesticides used to grow fruits and vegetables might cause health problems. How can we promote organic farming?
- Polluted soil contains chemicals dangerous to humans, animals, and plants. Is there something that can help to avoid soil pollution?
- Using bicycles reduces the amount of greenhouse gas emissions and global warming. How can governments promote the usage of bicycles to reduce air pollution?
- Natural disasters result from Earth’s processes and negatively affect people’s lives. What can we do to prepare for natural hazards?
- Fluorinated gases used in refrigerators and hair sprays significantly contribute to climate change. How can we minimize their impact on the environment?
- Oil spills harm wildlife and marine life, as well as contribute to climate change. How can major companies prevent that from happening?
- Marine life is drowning in plastic, which creates major environmental issues. How can we stop plastic pollution in the ocean?
- The rapid loss of biodiversity threatens our health and economic stability. What can we, as consumers, do to solve this issue?
- A significant amount of money is spent on cleaning garbage. Still, it’s not enough to get rid of it completely. What are the solutions to the problem of littering?
- Noise pollution creates discomfort and lowers the quality of people’s lives. What are the practical ways to reduce it?
🐶 Problem Solution Essay Topics about Animals
Animals have existed on our planet way before the emergence of humans. As time went by, many species vanished or became endangered due to people’s activities. Factory farms, fur industry, poaching— all of these issues require a solution. If you’re passionate about this topic, try exploring one of the following prompts.
- Circus animals are often violently forced to jump through rings of fire, ride bicycles, and do other activities. How can we stop the use of wild animals in circuses?
- Experiments on animals lead to reduced quality of their life and are often ineffective. How can we help stop this practice?
- Hunting causes pain and suffering to animals and disrupts the patterns created in the animal communities, such as wolf packs. How can people reduce hunting?
- The animals in zoos are deprived of natural habitat and are forced to be near people. How can we make zoos as comfortable as possible for them?
- The fur industry takes millions of animals’ lives away. How can people stop it?
- One of the issues animal shelters face is the lack of public awareness. What are the strategies to improve their work?
- Many animals live in abusive environments, where they’re neglected or physically hurt. What are the solutions to this problem?
- Dog Hunters Association argues for the right to use dogs in hunting. How can we change their attitude towards animals?
- Dogs from puppy mills are often poorly treated and suffer from a variety of diseases. How can this practice be stopped?
- Due to human activities, many animals are on the brink of extinction. How can we protect endangered species ?
- Dog meat is still used for human consumption in some parts of Asia. What are the ways to stop the inhumane trade?
- Some animal species are sold, either alive or dead, to various countries. What are the ways to stop the wildlife trade and keep animals safe in their natural environment?
- One of the primary reasons for animal extinction is poaching. What are the solutions to this issue?
- After adopting animals, some people decide that they no longer want them and send them to shelters. How can we prevent this from happening?
- Killing horses for meat is inhumane, and horse meat consumption is dangerous. How can we stop these practices?
- With more forests being cleared for farming and building, wild animals lose their natural habitats. How can people make safer environments for them?
- Ring fighting leaves animals with severe wounds that might lead to death. What can we do to stop it?
- Some countries continue to kill whales for commercial purposes, which threatens their existence. How can we stop whaling?
- The continuation of the ivory trade results in thousands of elephants being killed annually. What actions should be taken to stop it?
- Factory farms work to maximize profit, which is why animals are kept in inhumane conditions. What are the ways to reduce this cruelty?
🔬 Science & Technology Problem Solutions Topics
Scientific and technological processes are complicated and riddled with issues. Advances in these fields increase as well as worsen the quality of human life. In case you’re interested in science or technology, have a look at these problem solution essay topics.
- With the widespread use of technology, students can find everything online, which affects their critical thinking . What are the most effective ways to preserve this ability?
- There’s a price we have to pay for living in a digital age. It includes the loss of online data privacy. What is the best way to maintain it?
- To run research, scientists need large amounts of money, which often becomes an issue. How can they get more funding?
- A significant percentage of research papers contain wrong results due to poor study design . What is the best way to improve it?
- Scientists rarely want to replicate existing research. The results might turn out insignificant, and some studies are too hard to replicate. How can scientists be encouraged to do it nevertheless?
- Peer review is meant to prevent poor-quality works from being published. Yet, it doesn’t always work. How can the peer review system be fixed?
- Often, not everyone can access a published study due to journals being expensive. How can we make knowledge more accessible?
- Many people are unaware of scientific research in crucial areas such as nutrition. What is the best way to communicate scientific facts to a larger population?
- Cyber attacks are a significant threat to many businesses, as they involve the theft of large amounts of information. What are the ways to prevent them from happening?
- Artificial intelligence implementation creates new challenges, such as the risk of unemployment. How can we solve emerging technological problems?
- Technological advances allowed some countries to transition to cashless societies . While it has many advantages, it also creates some security concerns. What is the best solution for these issues?
- With technology advancing at a quicker pace, it is harder to find talented personnel to work with it. How can you help the employees to adapt to new technologies?
- While many researchers have ideas for studies, only a few get financial support for them. How can the government support scientists more effectively?
- Mobile apps, social media, and games distract people from the real world. How can we stop smartphone addiction?
- Many graduating Ph.D. students have limited training for jobs outside of academic research. What can universities do to change the situation for the better?
- Wearable computers, such as Apple Watch, have become very convenient. Yet, they create additional privacy and security issues. How can we overcome the challenges of body-borne computers?
- Cyberbullying victims might experience psychological issues, such as depression, anxiety, and social exclusion. What is the best way to prevent it?
- Environmental issues, such as air and water pollution, negatively affect the quality of life. How can technology help us save the environment?
- Scientists are often obligated to publish research only with statistically significant results. How can bias towards certain studies be eliminated?
- The constant stress and underpayment cause talented people to quit their careers in science. How can they be encouraged to continue working in their field?
🏠 Local Problem Solution Essay Topics
Another excellent idea for your essay is to write about the problems in your community. Think about the issues that need to be resolved, and start your writing. These topics will facilitate your creativity.
Just $13.00 $10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
- A significant number of people view affordability of healthcare as a pressing problem, as it is quite expensive. How can healthcare costs be reduced in your community?
- Children may be exposed to hazardous labor, which can harm their health. What can be done to stop child labor in your country?
- Youth violence increases the possibility of future behavior and mental health problems. How can people stop this type of violent behavior in your community?
- The rise in rent prices makes housing hard to afford. How can housing in your country be improved?
- People who leave school or college often feel unprepared for work. This makes them feel anxious about getting a job. How can school leavers in your country be helped to get employed?
- When they get older, many young adults struggle to manage their finances. What is the best way to improve financial literacy in your community?
- A good internet connection has become a necessity for many people. This also made access to high-speed internet a major issue. How can you solve this problem in your local community?
- Drug addiction is a public health problem that affects many people, especially youth. What are the solutions to the drug abuse problem in your country?
- Traffic congestion causes environmental issues, as well as vehicle breakdowns. What is the best way to stop this in your country?
- Poverty leads to a lack of education, malnutrition, social exclusion, and limited access to other essential services. How can this problem be solved in your country?
- Crime can cause short-term problems, like an injury , and long-term ones, such as depression or PTSD. How can illegal behavior be reduced in your community?
- After graduating from college, many students face difficulties in finding a job. How can educational institutions in your country help graduates get employed?
- Public transportation can be frustrating with its inflexibility and delays. How can it be improved in your country?
- Lack of car parking areas is a common problem in urban areas. How can people solve this issue in your city?
- Junk food advertisements target children, which later leads to an increase in childhood obesity. How can we protect young people in your country from being affected by these advertisements?
- Hate crime affects the security of individuals and societies as a whole. How can such crimes be prevented in your community?
- Corruption is a global issue that negatively affects the economic and political systems of the country. What are the measures to resolve this issue in your state?
- Low fertility rates reduce the population size of a country. If your country has low birth rates, how can it be improved?
- Media propaganda has the potential of promoting violent behavior and reducing trust in the government. How should this problem be dealt with in your country?
- The number of acts of domestic violence against women, men, and children continues to grow drastically in many societies. How should these cases be handled in your country?
😄 Funny & Easy Problem Solution Essay Topics
Problems are not always serious and yet require a solution. Whether it’s a choice of cereal or a friend zone, it’s an issue that has to be dealt with. Take a look at the funny problem solution essay topics list, and choose the one you like the most.
- We often buy items that we never use afterward. How can we prevent ourselves from buying unnecessary stuff ?
- Your favorite soccer team keeps losing, and it’s affecting your mood. What’s the best way to cope with this continuous disappointment?
- You’ve invented a cool, new nickname for yourself. How do you get people to use it?
- You love playing League of Legends with your friend. They’re the worst support, but they insist on having this role. What should you do about it?
- Santa Claus is a beloved figure for many children. But they can’t believe in him forever. How should parents tell their kids that Santa isn’t real?
- Water is crucial to human survival. Still, some people don’t like its bland taste. How can you stay hydrated without resorting to unhealthy, sugary drinks?
- Happiness matters, as it makes people feel at ease. What can you do to make your community happier?
- Your partner loves jazz while you prefer death metal. How do you overcome this musical discrepancy?
- A sturdy case can ruin the appearance even of the most beautiful phone. How can one compromise effectively on this issue?
- House parties are fun, but your neighbors probably disagree. How can you throw a noisy party without upsetting those who live close by?
- It’s hard to keep up the spark in long-distance relationships. Conversations via Zoom quickly get boring. What are fun things a couple can do together on the internet?
- Many people believe that legalizing marijuana will reduce its consumption levels and solve social and economic issues. What are the other solutions to cannabis use?
- Taking a perfect selfie requires much patience. How can you make creating a fantastic picture of yourself easier?
- Pizza is great, but it’s not particularly healthy. How can you upgrade your favorite junk food to make it more nourishing?
- Studies have shown that growing houseplants is good for the mood. But what do you do if you simply don’t have a green thumb?
- Exercising is important, but it’s not fun for everyone. What can unathletic people do to stay fit without suffering?
- Being the funny one among friends often prevents people from taking you seriously. What can change people’s attitude towards you?
- Some people face the issue of “having a lot of clothes, but nothing to wear.” How can we fix this problem?
- Your friends want to go on a trip soon, but you’re broke. What are the best strategies for students to save $100 in four weeks?
Thank you for reading this article! Hopefully, these topics will help you write your problem-solution essay. Also, don’t forget to send this article to your friends, who might find it useful!
- 182 Free Ideas for Argumentative or Persuasive Essay Topics
- 200 Creative Topics for Opinion Essays
- 180 Excellent Evaluation Essay Topics
- 140 Classification Essay Topics and Ideas
- 150+ Excellent Narrative Essay Topics
- 260 Good Descriptive Essay Topics and Writing Tips
- 135 Creative Definition Essay Topics and Writing Tips
- Prewriting for Problem Solution Essays: Thoughtful Learning
- Structuring Your Essay: Solent University
- Analyzing Community Problems and Solutions: The University of Kansas
- 10 Major Challenges Facing Public Schools: Public School Review
- Major Issues in Education: 20 Hot Topics: Trade Schools
- The 10 Biggest Challenges Businesses Face Today (and Need Consultants for): Hiscox UK
- How to Overcome Financial Stress and Improve Finances: Bank of America
- The Most Important Health Problems (and Why They Matter): Harvard
- 5 Health Problems You’re Actually Not Too Young For: John Hopkins Medicine
- 10 Health Problems Related to Stress that You Can Actually Fix: WebMD
- Top 25 Environmental Concerns: Conserve Energy Future
- All Our Fights: The Humane Society of the United States
- The 7 Biggest Problems Facing Science, According to 270 Scientists: Vox
- Problems that Face Urban, Suburban, and Rural Communities in America: Pew Research Center
- 14 Major Tech Issues & What Can Solve Them: Built In
- Five of the World′s Biggest Environmental Problems: DW.com
- Main Health Problems and Challenges: Pan American Health Organization
- Against the Environment. Problems in Society/Nature Relations: Frontiers
- Business Financing Problems: Chron.com
- Social Issues and Community Interactions: The National Academies Press
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
Recommended for You
Student Exchange Program (Flex) Essay Topics 
Participating in a student exchange program is a perfect opportunity to visit different countries during your college years. You can discover more about other cultures and learn a new language or two. If you have a chance to take part in such a foreign exchange, don’t miss it. Keep in...
520 Excellent American History Topics & Tips for an A+ Paper
How can you define America? If you’ve ever asked yourself this question, studying US history will help you find the answer. This article will help you dive deeper into this versatile subject. Here, you will find: Early and modern US history topics to write about. We’ve also got topics for...
380 Powerful Women’s Rights & Feminism Topics 
Are you looking for perfect feminist topics? Then you’ve come to the right place. With our help, you can be sure to craft a great essay. Here, you can find feminist topics for discussion, feminism research topics and other ideas and questions for students. Some people think all feminists hate...
460 Excellent Political Topics to Write about in 2023
If you have an assignment in politics, look no further—this article will help you ace your paper. Here, you will find a list of unique political topics to write about compiled by our custom writing team. But that’s not all of it! Keep reading if you want to: See how to tackle political essay topics in your paper; Choose a topic that will be interesting for you to research; Refresh your knowledge of essential political concepts. Now, without further ado, let’s get started! Below, you’ll find political topics and questions for your task. 🔝 Top 10...
300 Interesting Nutrition Topics to Research
It’s not a secret that our health largely depends on nutrition. A balanced and wholesome diet improves our immune system. It lowers the risk of getting sick and makes us more productive. But if we don’t eat right, our overall well-being and performance worsen. You see, nutrition topics are more...
A List of 470 Powerful Social Issues Essay Topics
In modern societies, people do everything to live peacefully. Still, tensions often arise. We call them social issues when they start negatively impacting a specific group of people. Poverty, discrimination, and addiction are examples of such problems. We need to confront them to ensure equal treatment for everyone.
Questions? Call us:
- How it works
- Essay service
- Essay writers
- College essay service
- Write my essay
- Pay for essay
- Essay topics
Term Paper Writing
- Term paper service
- Buy term papers
- Term paper help
- Term paper writers
- College term papers
- Write my term paper
- Pay for term paper
- Term paper topic
Research Paper Writing
- Research paper service
- Buy research paper
- Research paper help
- Research paper writers
- College research papers
- Write my research paper
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper topics
- Dissertation service
- Buy dissertation
- Dissertation help
- Dissertation writers
- College thesis
- Write my dissertation
- Pay for dissertation
- Dissertation topics
- Custom writing services
- Speech writing service
- Movie review writing
- Editing service
- Assignment writing
- Article writing service
- Book report writing
- Book review writing
Best 50 problem solution essay topics on web.
August 14, 2019
The problem and solution essay topics you find online have been used over and over again by most students. Every problem solution essay topics list has been downloaded tens of thousands of times. Chances are, your classmates will pick some of these topics as well. Do you want your research paper to have the same topic as the essays of three of your classmates? Probably not! We have a solution: our list of the best 50 problem solution essay topics in 2022. They’re updated frequently, and you can use them for free!
Don’t Know How To Write A Problem Solution Essay?
But before we get to the problem solution essay topics for college students, let’s discuss this type of assignment. In most cases, students don’t know how to write a problem solution essay. As its name suggests, the problems solution essay is a writing assignment where you need to find a problem relevant to modern society and then figure out ways to solve it. You need to use your critical thinking to find the best solutions and then explain academically why your solutions are the best. Remember, you need to be very accurate in your writing and support your statements with references. You may be able to write about just one solution if it is complex enough. However, for most issues, we recommend three solutions because this number works best with our proposed problem solution essay structure.
The Simple Problem Solution Essay Structure
The simple way to organize your problem solution essay ideas is by using the five-paragraph essay structure. Here is how it looks like:
- You start your problem solution essay with a captivating introduction that presents the problem (or the situation).
- Then, you write three body paragraphs, each discussing a single solution.
- You wrap everything up with a strong conclusion that reiterates the solutions and emphasizes why they are the best.
Now you see why we’ve advised you to find not just one solution to the problem, but three. If you have a more complex topic, like a breathing problem solution, you can write more than three body paragraphs. After all, there are at least five effective solutions to this problem that we can think of. And remember, always start your writing with a problem solution essay outline. You can create it in just 10 minutes by doing some research, and it will most surely prove to be invaluable. It will keep you organized and on topic – that’s guaranteed. Now that you know how to write a problem solution essay, it’s time to talk about topics.
Why Do You Need Our Problem Solution Essay Topics?
We know you’ve received a lot of different advice about writing problem solution essays. We agree, reading at least one good problem solution essay example is very important. It shows you how to organize your writing, how to present your problem and your solutions, and how to support your statements. However, we feel that good problem solution essay topics are even more important. Think of it this way: no matter how well you write, if the topic is boring, your audience will eventually get bored. It’s just a matter of time. But when you come up with amazing, captivating, and breathtaking topics for problem solution essay, your writing instantly becomes much more interesting.
Most people, including your professor, want to learn new things. They’re not interested in solutions for a simple cold problem. But they most surely are interested in solutions to the greenhouse effect – or in solutions to the obesity issue. And rest assured – there are plenty of topics even more interesting than these. Bottom line, if you want to impress from the moment you read the introduction and the thesis statement, your problem needs to pique the interest of your professor instantly. And you will get bonus points as a reward – guaranteed!
Get Free Problem And Solution Essay Topics Right Here
Remember that for each problem, you need to find at least three solutions and discuss them. You can discuss more than three if the problem is complex. However, you should avoid presenting just one solution. In most cases, this will make your professor think that you didn’t care to spend much time writing the essay. You may get penalized for this, so be aware.
And now, here are the 50 problem and solution essay topics 2022 you have been waiting for:
Problem Solution Speech Topics
- How to tackle police brutality in America.
- The best solutions that prevent suicides (the permanent solution to a temporary problem).
- How can we stop mass shootings?
- The solution to the illegal immigration problem.
- Here is how we can stop sexual abuse in schools.
- The policies that can stop child labor.
Problem Solution Essay Topics For College
- How can we solve the student loans problem?
- The best ways to control stress in college.
- College education can be affordable. Here is how!
- Substance abuse can be prevented on college campuses.
- How teachers can prevent students from cheating on exams.
- The best way to become a more efficient student.
Education Problem Solution Essay Topics
- Schools have the means to prevent suicides.
- The effective methods that prevent cheating in school.
- How can schools keep up with technology?
- Schools can eliminate bullying. Here is how!
- The solution to racial discrimination in the US education system.
- The solution to gender discrimination in the US education system.
Best Relationship Topics
- Here is how you can become confident in just three steps!
- The easy solutions to an abusive relationship.
- How can we solve the problem with overprotective parents?
- How can we stop sexting in high school?
- The best ways to move out of the “friend zone.”
- Helping a depressed friend may be easier than you think.
Social Problems Topics
- How can we eliminate racism in the modern world?
- Ways to deal with illegal immigrants on the border line.
- We can improve literacy in the United States.
- The simple solutions to the huge human trafficking problem.
- Divorce can be prevented. Here is how!
- Solutions to the homeless people problem in the US.
College Life Topics
- Here is how you decide on your major quickly.
- Do you have problems with your roommate? You can solve them!
- Here is how you instantly become an A+ student.
- Colleges can be safer: Real solutions.
- Why is college so expensive? Any solutions?
- How can we solve the domestic violence issue?
- Cyberbullying can be prevented by making it a crime.
- The solution to out-of-control gangs in the United States.
- We can prevent racial violence. Here is how!
- Here is how we stop people from polluting the rivers.
Economic Problem Solution Topics
- Unemployment is not difficult to solve, actually.
- Ways to increase the tourism rate in California.
- The simple solutions to our waste problems.
- The simple way to reduce consumer debt in America
- Here is how you stop overeating sugar.
- Ways to prevent substance abuse in teenagers.
- How parents can easily promote sports to their children.
- Child obesity is a major problem, but it has a simple solution.
- The best alternatives to plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes.
Use Our Great Topics Today
The problem solution essay topics you choose for your academic papers are very important. You will write essays faster if you choose smart topics. You will get bonus points if the topics are interesting. You will not have to do extensive research if you pick a topic you know something about. Pick any topic on our problem solution essay topics list and use it for free . We are just happy to help!
It’s time to nail your grades! Get your 20% discount on the problem solution writing assignment with promo “ ewriting20 ” – and enjoy your college life!
Take a break from writing.
Top academic experts are here for you.
- How To Write A Narrative Essay: Definition, Tips, And A Step-by-Step Guide
- How To Write Article Review Like Professional
- How To Write Term Paper? Get Best Grades
- How To Write Response Essay: Guidelines From Expert Team
- 295 Personal Narrative Ideas: Diverse Topics For Your Essay
- Great Problem Solution Essay Topics
- Creating Best Stanford Roommate Essay
- Costco Essay – Best Writing Guide
- How To Quote A Dialogue
- Wonderful Expository Essay Topics
- Research Paper Topics For 2020
- Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
40 Problem-Solution Essay Topics to Help You Get Started
When writing an essay, the first problem you might face is deciding on what topic to choose , which is pretty ironic if you’re writing a problem-solution essay.
The way out of that dilemma is to choose an issue that you’re really passionate about. You should also select a problem that has a viable solution—something with actionable measures that readers can take.
If you’re still stumped for ideas, then take heart. In this blog post, I offer 40 problem-solution essay topics to help you get started. Each topic will include links to sample essays to give you more ideas.
In each example, I present specific problems broken down by the issues of today (political, social, environmental, etc.) and ask questions that will help you consider different ideas on how they might be solved.
Each problem-solution topic I present offers broad possibilities, so you’ll have to do the important work of hunting down the facts and examples to provide specific solutions.
Ready? Let’s get started!
Problem-Solution Essay Topics—Social Problems
If you look around, you’ll see social problems that affect society every day. There are plenty of problems, even on your own campus, that need to be resolved.
Proposing solutions to social problems might seem challenging, especially when the issues seem so entrenched. Yet the point of a good problem-solution essay is to suggest solutions that are actionable–something that your readers can do.
Click To Tweet
Addressing specific problems will lead to specific, well-articulated solutions and to the most interesting and compelling essays. Here are five problem-solution essay topics that touch on social problems.
1. Problem: Undocumented immigrants
- Solution #1: Should the US government step up its deportation of undocumented immigrants, or should it offer asylum for those currently living in the country?
- Solution #2 : How should the government address trade policies that affect the economies of South American countries and lead to immigration?
- Solution #3: Will ending the war on drugs provide some relief to the rise of undocumented immigrants arriving in the United States? Should there be more coordination between the US and Central American countries in how they deal with drug policies, and if so, in what ways?
2. Problem: Sexual assaults on college campuses
- Solution #1: What steps should universities take to prevent sexual assaults on campus?
- Solution #2: Should colleges provide safe places for victims to report rapes, and if so, how? What responsibilities should the administration have in protecting victim’s identities once they’ve reported the crime?
- Solution #3: In what ways should students be educated about rape culture, and what responsibility should colleges have in providing that education?
- Solution #4: Should student social services address rape culture? Should fraternities and sororities be more involved in educating students on rape culture? If yes, in what ways?
3. Problem: Mass shootings
- Solution #1: What role should mental health providers play in determining prevention? What policies or programs should be enacted that will provide greater care for people suffering from mental health issues?
- Solution #2: Should violence in the entertainment and gaming industry be addressed for a possible influence? How about the news media?
- Solution #3: What kind of gun control laws should be enacted? What role should gun manufacturers have? Should technology be used to decrease mass shootings? If so, in what ways can it be used?
4. Problem: Police brutality
- Solution #1: What are the possible ways in which communities can force local governments and police departments to address police brutality?
- Solution #2: What role should voting play? Should communities have a say in who heads the police department? What other ways should communities be able to review how local law enforcement polices communities?
- Solution #3: In what ways should the police department address cultural attitudes among officers about the people they police?
- Solution #4: What role does militarization in police departments play in police brutality? Should the federal government supply local police departments with military weaponry? If not, should there be a law against it? How should such a law be shaped?
Looking for a few articles about police brutality to get the research process rolling? Read 12 Articles to Support Your Police Brutality Essay .
5. Problem: Suicide
- Solution #1: What obstacles prevent people from getting help? Are there ways in which those obstacles can be addressed? What about social pressure, such as shaming? Should the public be educated about suicide? How might such programs be put into place?
- Solution #2: What roles should schools, colleges, police, social welfare, or other institutions play in recognizing those who are at risk, and how would they go about doing that?
- Solution #3: Should there be more therapy programs that are accessible for people? What about mental health programs for people who can’t afford them? In what ways should they be made available?
Example problem-solution essays on social issues
- Why Ignoring Race in Education Is a Big Mistake
- Unfit and Uneducated Parents Raising Children
- Conflict Theory and Activity of the Aged
Problem-Solution Essay Topics—Economics
Everyone is affected by the economy in one way or another. They’re affected either directly through personal debts, indirectly through the loss of tax revenues that provide services for everyone, or through an uncertain job market.
A problem-solution essay that addresses economic problems is compelling precisely because everyone is eager for answers—especially college graduates. Check out these six problem-solution essay topics about economics for essay ideas.
6. Problem: Student loan debts
- Solution #1 : What policies should the government enact that will help eliminate or lessen the burden for students once they graduate? Should there be greater consumer protections that protect students from predatory banking and credit loan institutions?
- Solution #2 : Should universities and colleges bear a greater responsibility in protecting students from prohibitive debts? If so, how?
- Solution #3 : Should state universities and colleges be allowed to enforce or raise student fees? If not, what alternatives would the schools have to pay for administrative costs?
7. Problem: Consumer debt
- Solution #1 : Should the government pass more rigorous consumer protection laws that will regulate and prosecute predatory banking institutions or credit loaning companies?
- Solution#2 : Should the government provide debt relief programs? If so, how should they work and for whom? Should non-profit, non-governmental organizations, such as Occupy Wall Street, provide relief, or should the government create and enact such programs?
- Solution #3 : What steps should individuals take to get out of debt? What programs, if any, are available for them? If none, what should be available?
8. Problem: Long-term Unemployment
- Solution #1 : Should there be programs on the local level that address long-term unemployment? If so, what? What laws or policies should the federal government enact that will address long-term unemployment?
- Solution#2 : Should corporations take the lead on creating new job markets? If so, how could they implement these programs? How should the government encourage corporations to open up new markets? Subsidies? Tax breaks?
- Solution #3 : What should individuals who are in long-term unemployment do? What programs should be accessible to them while they seek jobs? What about unemployment benefits? Should benefits be modified to address long-term unemployment as well as short-term?
9. Problem: Child labor
- Solution #1 : What laws or policies can world governments enact that will address child labor?
- Solution #2 : Should the US government enact trade policies that will address the problem? If so, what kind of policies should it enact?
- Solution #3 : Do US companies exploit child labor, and if so, should local or state governments punish companies that do? What should citizens do? Boycott? Pressure congress to pass laws or prosecute?
10. Problem: Worker exploitation
- Solution #1 : Should the government pass laws that protect workers? Should the government pass stricter laws that protect unionization?
- Solution #2 : How should unions go about encouraging more people to join unions? What about workers who are unable to organize in their workplaces? What steps should they take to organize?
11. Problem: Home foreclosures
- Solution #1 : What policies should be enacted that will ease economic problems leading to home foreclosures? Should the federal government enact laws that will protect homeowners, and if so, how?
- Solution #2 : Should local governments pass laws to protect homeowners against foreclosures? What alternatives are available for local governments to prevent them? What should they do with homes that are underwater? How should they prevent blight?
- Solution #3 : Should non-profit groups like Occupy Wall Street help people fight against foreclosures?
Example problem-solution essays on economics
- The Youth Unemployment Issues and the World’s Unemployment Rates
- The Importance of Conflict Litigation and Resolution in the Workplace
- Solving Unemployment in the US Resulting from the 2008 Subprime Mortgage Crisis
- The Collapse of Enron
Problem-Solution Essay Topics—Politics
Political problems are the most frustrating because the will to fix them is as elusive as the solutions. Perhaps this is largely because people get distracted by how challenging the problems are before they can even think about solving them.
The key to writing a good problem-solution essay is to think small. In other words, pick a very specific problem (money in politics, for instance) that will lead to goals that are clear and viable.
When you pick a topic that readers feel confident that they’ll be able to tackle, you’ll write an essay that just might move them to act.
Here are four political problem-solution essay topics to inspire action.
12. Problem: Money in politics
- Solution #1 : What leads to the dependence on money in electoral politics, and what can be done to address the problem? For instance, what alternatives are available for candidates to raise funds for elections?
- Solution #2 : Should the government regulate how much money is spent in campaigns? If not, what alternatives are available that will lead to campaign finance reform?
- Solution #3 : Should the government pass laws that will define who should or shouldn’t be able to donate campaign dollars? If so, how should such a law be shaped? How should free speech rights be taken into consideration?
- Solution #4 : Should the constitution be amended to address the problem? If so, what should be amended and how?
13. Problem: NSA spying
- Solution #1 : Should there be more vigorous laws that protect Americans’ privacy rights from government surveillance? If so, what types of laws should be in place?
- Solution #2 : Should congress be more proactive in monitoring the intelligence community? If so, how should Americans be certain that they are? In what ways should citizens be involved in the process?
- Solution #3 : Do Americans have the right to know what the intelligence community is doing? If so, in what ways can that be done while protecting national security?
14. Problem: Partisanship
- Solution #1 : Will electoral reform address the problems caused by partisanship? If so, in what ways?
- Solution #2 : In what ways do American citizens help create partisanship? The media? How should Americans be better educated about their roles as citizens?
- Solution #3 : Will media reform help address the problems that cause partisanship?
- Solution #4 : How should political parties address partisanship? Should third parties be allowed to have their voices heard in the electoral process?
15. Problem: Voter disenfranchisement
- Solution #1 : Should the federal government pass laws that will protect voter rights? Should the constitution be amended to protect voting rights for all citizens?
- Solution #2 : How should state governments prevent partisanship from affecting electoral board policies? What should the public do to fight against voter ID laws or other laws that disenfranchise voters?
- Solution #3 : What steps should be taken to revive people’s faith in the political process? Who should enact these steps? The public? Schools? The media? Politicians?
- Solution #4 : Should congressional rules, policies, or social culture be changed to discourage and prevent obstructionism? If so, in what ways?
Example problem-solution essays on politics
- The Potential of Marijuana If Legalized in the United States
- Solving Gun Violence in the US
- The Definition of the Problem of Illegal Immigration
- Using Aid From the United Nations to Solve Problems in Nepal
By all measures, the environment is our most precious resource, yet we face many problems in trying to protect and preserve it.
A problem-solution essay that addresses environmental problems can be compelling and thought-provoking because it will alert readers to the necessity of proposing real solutions that people can enact as individuals or as political groups.
Here are five environmental problem-solution essay topics to start help you choose the focus for your own paper.
16. Problem: Climate change
- Solution #1 : What kinds of laws or policies should the government pass that will address climate change?
- Solution #2 : Should the government push for more trade policies that will address climate change?
- Solution #3 : Should foreign policy play a role in addressing climate change? For instance, should the United States work with other heavy-polluting countries like China, and if so, how?
- Solution #4 : How should the marketplace address the problem? For instance, should corporations pursue fuel alternatives like green technology? If so, how should they be encouraged to do so?
- Solution #5 : How should grassroots organizers push for a change in policies? Who would be targeted for such a movement? The US government? The UN? Corporations?
Are you writing about global warming and need a few resources for your paper? Check out 12 Global Warming Articles to Help Your Next Essay .
17. Problem: Fracking
- Solution #1 : Should the government pass laws that make fracking illegal? Should it promote energy fuel alternatives, such as green technology?
- Solution #2 : How should companies that use fracking be discouraged from doing so? Should they be subject to civil lawsuits? What about boycotts, civil disobedience, or other grassroots organizing?
- Solution #3 : What should be done to educate the public about fracking? Should the news media report on it more often? If so, how should environmental groups push the media to do so?
18. Problem: Endangered wildlife
- Solution #1 : Should the government pass laws or policies that provide greater protections for preserving and protecting wildlife? If so, what types of laws? Should the government go after corporations that endanger wildlife?
- Solution #2 : Should corporations take the lead in protecting wildlife?
- Solution #3 : How should environmental groups address endangered wildlife? What are some of the things they can do to push the government and corporations to protect the environment?
19. Problem: Environmental pollution
- Solution #1 : What should the government do about pollution? How should it be involved in long-term protections? For instance, should the government set aside relief funds or economic restorations for affected areas?
- Solution #2 : What role should local and state governments play in protecting wildlife from pollution? Should local governments be stricter in regard to environmental studies for local projects, such as the building of chemical plants or factories near wildlife or residential areas?
- Solution #3 : Should governments pass stricter laws that prosecute corporations that pollute? If so, how should the public push for such laws to get passed?
20. Problem: Environmental injustice
- Solution #1 : Should local governments do more to protect communities from environmental injustices? If so, how? If not, what can the public do to fight against them? Will grassroots organizing help?
- Solution #2 : Should the federal government provide relief for communities affected by environmental injustices? Should the US Justice Department get more involved in prosecuting corporations, or are local governments responsible for addressing the injustices?
- Solution #3 : Should the media report more on environmental injustices? What can the public do to push the media to cover these stories? How should grassroots organizations get the information out to the public? Documentary films? YouTube? Crowdsourcing?
Example problem-solution essays on the environment
- Helping the Environment
- The Dangers of Global Warming
- The Negative Environmental Impact of the Industrial Age
Problem-Solution Topics—Romantic Relationships
Anyone who has been involved in a romantic relationship has likely experienced both highs and lows. Some days can be pure bliss, and some days are, well … let’s just say they’re anything but blissful.
A successful problem-solution essay about romantic relationships will provide real solutions for couples experiencing the problem.
Here are five problem-solution essay topics about romantic relationships to inspire you.
21. Problem: Disagreements caused by social media
- Solution #1 : Should couples stay away from most types of social media? Should they limit social media accounts? Would this bring couples closer together or create resentment?
- Solution #2 : How might couples negotiate what is or isn’t acceptable behavior on social media accounts? Are discussions with old flames considered flirting or just simple discussions?
- Solution #3 : Should couples share social media accounts? Should they know the other person’s passwords? Would this help solve any trust issues?
22. Problem: Safety concerns in online dating
- Solution #1 : Does meeting a date in a public place help solve safety concerns? Should online dating services require background checks?
- Solution #2 : Can asking the right questions help online daters really get to know a person, or is it too easy to pretend to be someone else online?
- Solution #3 : Do shows like Catfish reduce instances of catfishing, or do they give people more inspiration?
23. Problem: Abusive relationships
- Solution #1 : Would stricter laws help prevent abuse? Should it be easier for victims to file for protection orders against their abusers?
- Solution #2 : Would additional education programs help prevent abuse?
24. Problem: Disciplining children
- Solution #1 : Could parents go through counseling to solve their differences of opinion on disciplining children? Should parents have worked out such differences even before having children? Is it possible to work out such differences before having children?
- Solution #2 : What type of parenting style is most effective in disciplining children? Does one style work best for all children? Should parents always use the same type of disciplinary style?
25. Problem: Teenage romance
- Solution #1 : How do parents decide at what age their teens should be allowed to date? Should the dating age differ depending on the child?
- Solution #2 : Should schools offer additional education about all forms of abuse? Would this help teens escape abusive relationships? Would it prevent abuse?
- Solution #3 : Does social media create trust issues? Would more face-to-face interaction help teens establish more trusting and stable relationships?
- Solution #4 : Should teens avoid serious relationships? Would they develop stronger and healthier relationships once they are older and more mature?
Example problem-solution essays on romantic relationships
- A Study on How Social Network Sites Are Used in Romantic Relationships
- Romantic Relationships Between Teenagers
- A Study on Women in Abusive Relationships and Its Effect on the Development of Mental Health Problems
Problem-Solution Topics—The Workplace
The workplace can be home to all types of problems, from technology failures to communication failures. While some problems can only be solved through a long meeting with HR, others must be solved between co-workers.
A problem-solution essay about the workplace should keep its audience in mind. A problem and its solution might look very different depending on whether you’re looking at it from an employee’s perspective or an employer’s perspective.
Let’s look at five workplace-related problem-solution topics to get you started on your paper.
26. Problem: Sexual harassment
- Solution #1 : How should victims inform their boss or supervisor if they are harassed? Should the incident be documented in writing or discussed via email, in person, or on the phone?
- Solution #2 : Do workplace training videos prevent harassment? Should other forms of training be in place?
- Solution #3 : What should victims say to the person who is harassing them? Should they even confront the person?
27. Problem: Work-life Balance
- Solution #1 : Are people over-scheduled due to technology? Should people turn off their devices away from work? Should employers require (or suggest) times for employees to unplug?
- Solution #2 : Are low wages causing people to work more hours and ultimately spend less time with their families? Would higher wages (including a higher minimum wage ) solve the problem?
- Solution #3 : Should younger generations develop stronger hobbies and interests outside of work? Should they minimize social events with their coworkers?
28. Problem: Employee privacy
- Solution #1 : Should employees avoid conducting personal business on workplace computers?
- Solution #2 : Does employer monitoring result in an invasion of privacy? Does monitoring employees help solve the problem of distracted employees?
29. Problem: Discrimination
- Solution #1 : Will stricter laws help prevent discrimination in the workplace? Should companies audit their policies to ensure they discourage, rather than encourage, discrimination?
- Solution #2 : What should industries more prone to discrimination do to change their ways? Can current employees speak up to change such discrimination? What might employees do in order to advocate for change?
- Solution #3 : Do STEM programs and other education efforts help solve the problem of gender discrimination in science, technology, engineering, and math professions?
30. Problem: Social media use
- Solution #1 : Would strict enforcement of computer use on the job prevent employees from logging in to their social media accounts at work? Should employers allow some personal time at work to check social media? Would this actually make employees more productive?
- Solution #2 : Are social media accounts personal property, and should employers (and potential employers) be allowed to hire and fire based on personal accounts?
- Solution #3 : Do company policies on social media use benefit only the company’s brand, or do they promote a more positive culture in the workplace? Does monitoring social media accounts solve any inherent problems of racism, stereotyping, etc., or does it merely highlight them?
Example problem-solution essays on the workplace
- The Reasons Why Technology Is the Cause of Privacy Issues in the Workplace
- The Protection of Employees From Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace
- An Overview of Sexual Harassment and the Solutions to Prevent the Act
31. problem: obesity.
- Solution #1 : Will strategies such as taxing sugar drinks or adding nutritional information on fast food and restaurant menus reduce obesity? Is it the government’s place to legislate what its citizens eat and drink?
- Solution #2 : Should schools require recess and physical education courses in order to help curb the current problem of childhood obesity?
- Solution #3 : Should obese people pay more for health insurance? Would such a plan solve the problem of obesity by essentially forcing people to lose weight?
32. Problem: Opioid epidemic
- Solution #1 : Should there be harsher penalties for doctors who continue to over-prescribe opioids to their patients? Should pharmacies more closely monitor prescriptions?
- Solution #2 : Should manufacturers limit production of specific opioids? Should funding be provided to help researchers develop safer, less-addictive medications?
- Solution #3 : Should additional treatment facilities be funded? Should Narcan be more readily available in schools, homes, and public facilities?
33. Problem: Technology addiction
- Solution #1 : Does the problem of technology addiction begin at home? Should parents limit their children’s use of technology?
- Solution #2 : Should schools encourage the use of more technology in the classroom? Should schools teach students about responsible use of technology?
- Solution #3 : Should there be more technology-free zones in public? Would such zones help people leave their devices behind and thus lessen the effects of addiction?
34. Problem: Stress
- Solution #1 : Should employers offer free or low-cost programs to help employees manage stress? Should employers offer additional sick and/or vacation days to help employees destress? Would this create a more productive workforce?
- Solution #2 : Do practices such as meditation, soft music, and dietary changes help reduce stress?
- Solution #3 : Should people make an effort to engage in more physical activity in order to alleviate stress?
Example problem-solution essays on health
- Drug Addiction and Opioid Abuse and Overdose in the United States
- The Good and Bad Aspects of Social Networking Sites
- Bloomberg’s Plans of Solving the Epidemic of Obesity
Problem-Solution Topics—Off the Beaten Path: Ingenious Tips for College Students
Is your professor lenient on topics? Are you allowed to be a little more creative (and a whole lot less serious) when writing a problem-solution essay?
If so, try one of these five unique problem-solution topics that may allow you to express more of your creative talents.
36. Problem: Messy dorm room
- Solution #1 : Could you hire a friend to clean your room? Could you hold a cleaning party? Should you call Mom and ask her to help clean?
- Solution #2 : Do cleaning charts help organize tasks and actually help keep the space clean?
- Solution #3 : Should you just get rid of almost everything in your dorm room and start again with a clean slate? Should you move to a new and cleaner space?
37. Problem: Forgot to study for an exam
- Solution #1 : Could you ask your professor for an extension so that you can take the exam in a day or two? Should you try to convince all of your classmates to ask the professor to postpone the exam?
- Solution #2 : Would it help to text everyone you know in class and ask them to help you cram before the test? Would they be willing to share their notes for you to review immediately before the test?
- Solution #3 : Should you go to the doctor so that you have a doctor’s excuse that would allow you to make up the exam?
38. Problem: Loud neighbors
- Solution #1 : Should you speak with them calmly and explain that you need quiet time to study, meditate, or just sleep? Should you bang on the door and yell loudly to get your point across?
- Solution #2 : Should you avoid talking to your neighbors altogether and simply call the police?
- Solution #3 : Could you soundproof your walls? Can you live in your space wearing noise-canceling headphones at all times?
- Solution #4 : Should you ask to join the party and join in on the fun? (After all, you can always sleep or study later.)
39. Problem: Boring lectures
- Solution #1 : Would asking your professor to create more interesting lectures actually inspire your professor to change his or her teaching strategy? Should you offer suggestions for more interesting lectures?
- Solution #2 : Should you try drawing pictures, writing poetry, or taking creative notes to help pass the time as your professor rambles on?
- Solution #3 : Should you drop the class and look for a professor with more engaging lectures? Is it too late to get into another class?
- Solution #4 : Should you do nothing and accept the fact that sometimes you have to suffer through boring lectures?
40. Problem: No food in fridge
- Solution #1 : Should you order a pizza? Should you do your grocery shopping online and have it delivered to your room?
- Solution #2 : Should you save money and simply go to a friend’s place, hoping that he or she will feed you?
Example problem-solution essays on topics off the beaten path
- Developing a Great Routine for Studying and Getting Good Grades
- The Laundry Issue in Everyday Life on Campus
- School Subjects Should Infuse Creative Elements to Promote Learning
Hopefully these problem-solution essay topics will make it easier to get started on your paper . And if you’re looking for help with the finer points of the problem-solution essay, don’t miss these resources:
- Problem-Solution Essay Tips From a Kibin Editor
- How to Write a Problem-Solution Essay That Solves a Real Problem
- Problem-Solution Essay Outline
I also recommend reading the posts below to give that extra boost to your writing style:
- One Persuasive Writing Technique You Can’t Write Without
- Why Eliminating Wordiness Is So Important for Your Essay
Already written and revised your paper but concerned that you don’t have a solution to your own writing problems? Let a Kibin editor help.
Good luck, and happy essay writing!
Psst... 98% of Kibin users report better grades! Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays .
About the Author
Cynthia C. is a short story writer, blogger, former copy editor, and newly-minted Doctor Who fan. You can find her on Google+
- problem-solution essay
- topic ideas
- Phone: +91 8466016171
- Whatsapp: +91 8208375580
- Email: email@example.com
Crack IELTS Exam in first attempt
Leap’s IELTS Programs include live training by experts, mock tests and evaluations.
The best IELTS prep course
Attend the demo session to get 20% discount on the course 🎉, problem solution essay ielts: topics & sample questions.
- Read Time 12 mins
- Updated On November 14, 2022
- Published In IELTS Preparation
Problem and solution essay IELTS or cause and solution essay IELTS is a common type of essay question asked in IELTS Writing Task 2 Exam. Herein, a problem is presented to the candidate and you are asked to suggest relevant, specific, and possible solutions regarding the same.
Table of Contents
You can either write about 2 problems with both their solutions or discuss one major problem and one solution. As long as you extend and explain your ideas, you will be able to communicate your thoughts to the examiner. Maintain a formal tone throughout your essay. In a problem and solution essay IELTS might ask the candidate to discuss any of the following:
- Cause of the problem
- Effect of a problem
- Methods to prevent the problem
- Possible and effective solutions to the problem
Problem Solution Essay Question: Evaluation Factors
IELTS writing tests are evaluated across 4 main factors or areas when your IELTS band scores are calculated. These areas are:
- Achievement of the task – The examiner notices here to what extent you have addressed all the parts of the task with explained and well-developed ideas.
- Cohesion and Coherence – The logical flow and organization of your ideas and information, are examined here. The examiner notices whether the essay has a logical progression of thoughts.
- Lexical Resource – The vocabulary used in the essay and its accuracy is examined here. You should use lexical items with sophistication.
- Grammatical accuracy and range – Lastly, the examiner evaluates whether the candidate has used the grammatical structures accurately. Sentences with sophisticated clauses and a clear flow should be used.
Tips to Create an IELTS Problem Solution Essay Structure
While structuring the essay in your head, make sure to use a proper approach for these questions. The steps to structure the essays are:
Analyze the question thoroughly
Analyzing the question is a crucial part of answering any IELTS writing essay questions. You can analyze the question in the best way through three main things:
- Keywords : These are the specific words that inform you about the general topic.
- Micro Keywords : These keywords identify the parts of the general topic that the examiner wants you to focus on. They generally give an opinion by emphasizing a sub-category of the topic.
- Action Words : Instruction words or action words make it clear for the candidates what the examiner wants them to do.
Think of Ideas
Now that the purpose of the question is clear to you, form a specific idea for the essay in your head. For each problem you think of, identify a direct solution for the same.
Follow the structure & write down the essay
Write down the essay by ensuring to follow a proper structure, including an introduction, two body paragraphs, and a conclusion. The essay should include examples and discuss possible solutions.
Also Read: Latest 50+ IELTS Essay Topics in 2022
Problem Solution IELTS Essay Pattern
A basic four-paragraph structure should be used to structure the problem solution IELTS essays. The structure is as follows:
Paragraph 1 – Introduction
In the introduction paragraph, you can first paraphrase the statement part of the question and outline the ideas to be discussed in the essay further. Paraphrasing the questions means rephrasing the sentence without changing its meaning using synonyms. The outline sentence helps the examiner to understand what they can expect from the essay and thus ensure clarity. Cohesion and clarity play an important role in the scoring of the essay.
Paragraph 2 – Problems
In the second paragraph, state the problems you thought of and then explain the first problem and the second problem in the second half of the essay thoroughly.
Paragraph 3 – Solutions
In the third paragraph, list down the solutions to the problems listed above, the first solution with its examples, and then the second solution along with relevant examples that support the solution.
Paragraph 4 – Conclusion
In the conclusion paragraph, cover all the important points discussed in the above 3 paragraphs and end your essay.
Problem Solution Essay IELTS: Key Points to Remember
Some of the main points to remember while attempting the problem solution essay questions in IELTS are:
- You have only 40 minutes to complete the essay writing task, and you have to write a minimum of 250 words.
- Use linking words, collocations, and phrases to ensure a flow in the essay.
- If you are using any facts or statistical data, make sure it is accurate and reliable.
- Make sure that the introduction is clear and engaging. It helps the examiner to get a sense of what will be discussed in the essay further.
- Use refined and accurate grammar and vocabulary, which will help the examiner understand your proficiency in the language.
- Provide relevant examples to explain your content. An explanation of your opinions is the best way to ensure a higher IELTS score.
- Identify the keywords and secondary keywords. Relate them with the problems and the solutions, and make sure to include the keywords in the content.
- Plan the problems you are going to discuss in your head and the possible solutions before writing them down.
- The paragraphs should be ideally balanced by discussing the problems in one body paragraph and solutions in the second body paragraph.
Also Read: Updated List Vocabulary for IELTS 2022
Though problem solution essay IELTS is highly asked in the exam, there are some common mistakes that are made by the candidates. Some of these mistakes that a candidate can avoid while attempting these types of questions are:
- Candidates often do not expand on their ideas and often list down a lot of problems and solutions. The examiners mark the essays on the basis of the explanation of the problems and solutions listed. It is usually advised to pick a problem or two along with their solutions and then explain them with relevant examples.
- Another common mistake by the candidates is writing indirectly about solutions that are not directly related to the questions. You should opt for concrete ideas rather than writing a generalized answer. Identify the keywords and the micro-keywords from the question and try to include those in the topic.
- Many people often list down good problems but fail to link them with the solutions. Each problem should have a directly linked solution that actually solves the problem.
- Learn to identify the problem and solution and causes and solution questions as both of them might look similar but have a certain difference in how they are to be structured.
- Avoid writing in absolute terms by using qualifiers which ensure that your sentences look like claims rather than proven facts.
Problem Solution Essay IELTS Sample Questions
There are many themes for the problem solution essay topics IELTS related to various problems. Some of the problem solution essay IELTS topics questions for your practice are as given below:
Theme 1 – Cities
- Nowadays, it is getting difficult for people to enjoy their lives in cities. Why do you think this is? What can the government do to make life in cities more enjoyable?
- In large cities, the issue of overpopulation has been a significant cause of concern which leads to a lack of jobs and traffic congestion. What is the cause of this? How can government help in solving this problem?
- In many cities and urban areas around the world, crime is increasing. What is the cause of this? How can governments help to prevent the crimes?
Theme 2 – Technology & the internet
- People from older generations face difficulty in using new technology. What is the cause behind this? What are some possible solutions to this problem?
- A lot of children spend time on social media surfing the internet and playing video games which hurts their studies and grades and makes them experience loneliness and health problems such as obesity. What is the reason behind this? What can the parents do to prevent it?
- The internet has changed the way information is consumed and shared among people. What are some serious issues a person can face associated with the internet, and what solutions can be implemented?
Theme 3 – Environment or Climate Change
- Sea levels are steadily rising in recent years. What do you think is the reason behind this? How can it be fixed?
- Many countries around the world are suffering from poor water and air quality, which is harmful to all of us, especially older people. What is the cause of this? How can it be solved?
- Climate change and global warming is a serious threat the world is facing, which is reducing the average life expectancy. What are some causes of this? How can governments and healthcare sectors solve this problem?
IELTS Advantages & Disadvantage Essay Topics
Foreign Language IELTS Sample Essay
A sample of the Problem Solution Essay Example Question IELTS for Writing Test 2 is given below for your reference:
As social media continue to develop, more and more youngsters have unsupervised access to all the contents available over the internet in order to meet and chat with friends and even strangers, which can lead to some potentially dangerous situations. What solutions can you suggest to deal with this problem?
IELTS Problem Solution Essay
In the modern era, a large number of young people use the internet to meet and talk with friends via social media. Due to social media and the growth of the internet in the 21st century, many children are facing issues related to their health and the expression of their feelings as a result of the lack of face-to-face interaction. This issue can be solved by opting for some measures.
To begin with, there are many people all over the world who use the internet for their work or education purposes. As a result, everyone uses it until late at night, which can lead to a variety of health issues, such as vision problems from constantly staring at computers or mobile phones and spinal curvatures from excessive sitting in front of computers and laptops. Secondly, due to the nature of online meetings and conversations, there is a lack of face-to-face interaction among people due to which youngsters are unable to express their feelings due to the loss of peer interaction.
Parents can help in resolving these issues by blocking the access of children to websites that are not children-friendly. In addition to that, parents can encourage children to go out and play instead of being on the internet all day in exchange for a surprise or more quality time. Social media companies can also contribute to the solution by restricting the access of children to the platforms on the basis of their age, which can protect them from content that is not suitable for them. For example, the social media platform Facebook recently updated its privacy policies to restrict access to children under the age of ten.
To summarize, young people use the internet to interact with various types of people online without any supervision, which gives them a sense of freedom and confidence in sending unethical messages to others. To stay out of it, parents should monitor their communication and provide suitable guidance and advice to their children.
Problem Solution Essay IELTS is a type of question that includes problems for which you have to find the solutions through a logical flow of thought. 40 minutes are given to complete the 250 words essay writing task. The structure of the essay for a problem-solving question includes an introduction, discussion of problems, possible solutions with examples, and a conclusion.
The introduction has an overview of the essay. The main body paragraphs discuss the problems along with their direct solutions and examples. The conclusion paragraph summarizes your opinion on the task. You need to discuss the problems caused by the issues and the measures to reduce or eliminate the problem altogether.
You do not just need to state problems and solutions but also need to explain the thought process to reach that solution. Make sure the essay is readable and has a logical flow and cohesion.
You can practice for the Problem Solution Essay IELTS by writing on various topics or themes available on the internet ranging from the internet, cities, poverty, problems of rural areas or developing countries, lifestyle in developed countries, success, news, etc.
- Guide on How to Score 8+ Band in IELTS Speaking
- Covid-19 IELTS Essay
- IELTS Band Requirement for different Countries
Frequently Asked Questions
Can i write the problem and solution both in one paragraph.
Ans. No, you can not write the problem and solution both in the same paragraph as this will affect the flow and understanding of the essay. The cause and the solution or the problems and the solution will both be discussed in two different paragraphs of the main body.
How can I identify a problem solution essay type?
Ans. In the problem solution essay questions, a topic is given, and you will have to discuss the issues or problems faced in regards to that particular topic. Often, these questions can also ask for your opinion on a particular issue.
What is the difference between a cause solution essay and a problem solution essay?
Ans. Problem solution essay and cause solution essay are highly similar. However, there is a subtle difference between the two. A problem solution essay question asks about the problem with regards to a particular topic, whereas the cause solution essay asks about the causes behind an issue. The problem is to be mentioned in both the essays. However, in the cause solution essay, you should focus more on the cause of that particular statement.
How can I write a solution paragraph?
Ans. First of all, for a solution paragraph, you need to develop ideas related to the given problem in your mind to check whether or not your ideas are directly relevant to the problem. After then, you have to decide how you will explain the solution to all the problems in a precise manner. After then, develop your solution with the help of a detailed explanation.
Kanika took a detour from academics for the corporate world. Now she works as a senior editor specialising in content creation, marketing, and strategy.
IELTS Score for UK 2023: Ideal Score for a Successful Application
IELTS Australia 2023: Minimum IELTS Scores for best Australian Universities
Latest Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking 2023: Definition & Best Sample Questions
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Problem-solution Essay Examples
Essay guide, essay examples.
- 1. What are problem Solution essays?
- 2. Where do you need them?
- 3. How to write a problem solution essay in 4 easy steps
- 4. Step 1. Define the problem, stakeholders, and consequences
- 5. Step 2. Explore the preconditions
- 6. Step 3. Gather the materials
- 7. Step 4: Plan Your Writing
- 8. Problem solution essay outline: Points to follow
- 9. Why thesis statement for problem/solution essay matters the most
- 10. Stuck with a problem and solution essay? We can help you out!
- 11. Problem-solution essays examples to get inspired
Problem-solving skills are among the most valuable assets one can have. But what if you need to explain to someone in writing how an issue can be fixed without you doing it yourself? That is where many people feel uncomfortable, even if we’re talking about hypothetical situations. Where do I start with covering this topic for problem solution essay? How to make people take action regarding climate change, injustice, inclusive environments, etc.? How to state the problem as an urgent matter? We cover all of these and more below. Let’s start with the essentials.
What are problem Solution essays?
A problem-solution essay is a piece of writing where you provide a comprehensive overview of the given problem and suggest the best ways to solve it, taking into account all the factors that apply. When we’re talking about the problem solution essay topics for college students, these problems are usually very specific and concerns a particular subject or sphere.
These essays are very similar to cause-and-effect essays in terms of structure, and they also have elements of argumentative writing, especially when describing the resolutions. The point of such essays is to offer those solutions that are the most optimal ones and can be easily implemented by the stakeholders.
Where do you need them?
You’ll find most problem solution essay examples as your college writing assignment. However, if you master your writing skills regarding the explanation of what should be done to fix some problems, it can go a long way. Here is where you will certainly benefit from knowing how to present your problem solution essay ideas:
- At-work written communication
- IELTS/TOEFL writing part (they often present the topics for problem solution essays)
- Copywriting (especially if you write on how the product your company offers takes care of people’s needs)
- Political/social speeches and election programs (your electorate should know how you’re going to fix social issues)
- Any sphere that requires a written explanation of how to get rid of the problem.
Practical applications of writing an on-point problem solution essay are plenty. The question is where to start to make sure you will get the result you expect? We might have an answer for you.
How to write a problem solution essay in 4 easy steps
Good writing is writing that is easily understood when you first lay eyes on it. To avoid confusion, follow this proven path when working on your next problem solution essay example.
Step 1. Define the problem, stakeholders, and consequences
A problem isn’t a problem until it has the consequences we don’t want. This is why when figuring the issue, we always have to identify the affected parties and possible outcomes if the problem remains as status quo.
Step 2. Explore the preconditions
There isn’t a problem that happened in a blink, so researching what cause this problem is an important step to find the way out. For example, if the problem is low vaccination engagement and you are looking for ways how to encourage people to get vaccinated, you need to explore why they refrain from doing so in the first place (little knowledge about the vaccine or the virus, biases, conspirological rumors, etc.).
Step 3. Gather the materials
It’s easier to convince people when your point is backed by solid research and studies. This is why you need to find those that stood the time trial and are respected in the scientific communities. For instance, if you want to provide a solution towards a gender bias concerning wages, see the stats in the recent peer-reviewed studies. First, you will back up your claim that this is a problem (as women do receive significantly less at similar positions). Second, you will prove that it’s a problem (as it leads to inferiority issues, economic dependency, etc.).
Step 4: Plan Your Writing
As you’ve decided on the problem and researched it, it’s time to shape your problem solution essay sample in an easy-to-read form. And here we’ll stop to review this in more detail.
Problem solution essay outline: Points to follow
Structurally, the sample problem solution essays follow the same logic:
- You describe the situation and the context first.It can be included in your writing guidelines or you’ll have to research and create it yourself. If you have a guide, you’ll have to strictly follow it, and if not - your logic is the best judge.
- Then you state the problem that caused it. And it is better to back up with the numbers and figures to emphasize the importance of finding the solutions ASAP.
- After that, you offer the solutions. And it is better to take a holistic view of the problem and do a macro analysis. How solving the economic inequality issue will change the situation for all the stakeholders involved? Who will be the driving force of the change and what resources will they need? Are there any shortcuts or preventive measures that won’t lead to the same situation again?
- Finally, do the wrap-up. Here you state that your solutions to the problems aren’t only novel, but also cost- and time-effective.
While working on problem solution essay topics, you can refer to the personal experience and true-life situations that happened with real people. This won’t only bring you closer to the reader because these events could happen with them, but also will set you in the mood for coming up with solutions that are very real, too. You can’t just give the underpaid money and call it solved — your task is to see the situation through and eliminate its cause with tools other than magic wands.
Another thing we would like you to remember is that you should stick to the 1 solution - 1 paragraph rule. Why? Because it will be easier to follow your reasoning, and it will help to break the text into smaller bits, so it becomes faster to process. Here’s the scheme:
- State a solution
- Explain how it can be implemented
- Conclude with the outcome it will lead to.
The structure for such papers is crucial, and we can’t leave out another important element of it — the paragraph with a thesis statement. Here’s what you should know about it.
Why thesis statement for problem/solution essay matters the most
Writing a compelling thesis statement for this paper type is extremely important for a few reasons. First, it should explain to the reader the urgency of the problem. Second, it has to be very specific, as making it too general will confuse the reader and complicate your logic when finding solutions for the problems. On top of that, it has to be interesting enough for the reader to pursue reading it. And here’s the thing.
When we speak about the problem solution essay example college edition, you know that your teacher will read it anyway because s/he has to. But as we’ve explained earlier, the school isn’t the only setting where you’ll need to know how to offer solutions and encourage your audience to act. What can help?
- Come up with a situation that can resonate with the reader
- Explain the urgency with stats or reliable data
- Give a few possible scenarios of what might happen if the issue will remain unaddressed
- Make sure that your thesis statement is clearly understood from the first time and there can’t be any double-reading or confusion.
Stuck with a problem and solution essay? We can help you out!
Sometimes, good problem solution essay topics are hard to work on because of time constraints, lack of understanding, or complexity of the topic, especially if it’s something new. Dealing with it yourself may be a surefire way to waste your time without getting any solid result. This is where the PHDessay team comes in handy.
We not only have extensive and various problem solution essay examples for college students but also can free you from writing the paper by yourself. Our professional writers will examine the problem through and through, follow your guidelines carefully, and format the paper in the style you need. The best part? It will be all done on time and delivered to your email, so you don’t have to worry about the research yourself.
Problem-solution essays examples to get inspired
If you are looking for the best problem and solution essay examples, look no further. Below you’ll see the list of topics and the solutions to the problems in various spheres - from political science to product design. Take them as a reference regarding the structure, style, flow, and format to start writing yours. And if anything goes South, simply contact us, and we’ll take care of all problem and solution essay topics within the provided time.
The Importance of Problem Solution
Problem solution is a skill. Managers and leaders spend much of their time-solving problems and making decisions. The nature of the problems can be small, large, complex, or simple and it’s the role of the manager to establish an approach to resolving the problem. Being …
Problem Solution essay example
State your problem as clearly and precisely as you can. In Texas, there have been a few amendments to the constitution about the seat of the senator. There were times the term would not surpass four years different occasions the term would not surpass six …
Problem Solution essay about homelessness
Imagine sleeping on a park bench next to the bus stop night after night with only a worn down puffy coat for a blanket or each day sitting under the awning of a gas station with a flipped-over hat begging for money. On street corners …
Essay On Problem Solution: Interclean, Inc.
Introduction In today’s world increasing competition, changing customer needs, the global economy and pressure from stakeholders have created many challenges for InterClean, Inc. (InterClean). Using a defined problem-solving technique such as the one used at the University of Phoenix will help InterClean understand the situations …
Problem Solution: Interclean, Inc. Essay
Introduction Interclean inc. is a service company that is a participant in the cleaning and sanitation industry. The success of the company is not based on the development or the designing of products that are meant to be superior in the market following the …
Possible Solutions to the Internal Problems within the KPC
The problematic management arrangements within the KPC can be seen if one considers the case of the Minister of Oil. Since the KPC is owned by the state, the state appoints the individual who will manage the KPC. This individual takes the position of the …
Hong Kong’s Environmental Problems and Solutions
lmovementHong Kong’s environmental problems and solutions Hong Kong is one of the top financial centers in the world. Thus, the environmental quality of Hong Kong is very important. It is because the environmental quality is indirectly linking to the image of Hong Kong. Moreover, the …
Data Management Problems and Solutions
The emergence of various technological advances has caused the competition in the ever-changing global market to become tighter and harsher. Consequently, companies continuously seek the ways on how to use these technologies to their advantage in order to gain competitive edge. Such ways include the …
Best Snacks Problem Solution
Best Snacks, Inc. , a 150-year-old company which has been held publicly for more than 100 years, has traditionally held the number one or two positions in the snack market, providing an excellent and stable investment for stockholders. But in the past several years, Best …
15 Problem Solution Essay Topics
Writing essays is always a challenging task for students. It requires lots of concentration, conducting thorough research, providing relevant examples, adding credible references and all the other vital steps. One of the most widely used types of writing that teachers like to give their students …
War Is No Solution to Any Problem
War is the barbaric activity that only concludes in the loss of life and property. The violence of war is life-threatening which can never resolve any dispute. Both the parties practicing war ends in the social and economic loss as it is said by john …
Nuclear Power: Problem or Solution
Nuclear power is complicated. A nuclear power plant provides energy that does not contribute to global warming. Climate concerns have seen a rise in the construction of new reactors to address growing demands of electricity worldwide. Currently the United States and Canada receive 20% of …
Causes and Solutions to Pronunciation Problems
Causes and solutions to pronunciation problems12008815x , So Hee Kim Hong kong is one of the most preferred locations for international business in Asia Pacific, and is becoming more so. Naturally business English skills is becoming increasingly important. Business English skills can be categorized into …
Problems and Solutions with G4S
Every two years an Olympic host city led to a heated discussion in mainstream media and academic works. This paper aims to know and explore the overwhelming challenges and opportunities faced by the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games (LOCOG), especially the security chaos …
Polymerase Chain Reaction Problem Solutions with Assignment Help
Polymerase chain reactions are the specific terms used in stating different compounds and sates of the carbon compound which are specially used in a particular branch of chemistry called the organic chemistry. Polymerase chain reactions are the specific reactions which take place between several carbon …
Is Decoherence a Solution for the Measurement Problem
Abstract—Decoherence is considered as one of the important topics in quantum computing research area. Some researchers stated that decoherence solved the measurement problem and on the other hand many researchers stated the opposite. In this paper we will prove whether decoherence is a solution or …
Social Learning: Knowledge Acquisition in a Social Context
Social learning theory posits that knowledge acquisition is a cognitive process that takes place in a social context and can occur purely through observation or direct instruction, even in the absence of motor reproduction or direct reinforcement. In addition to the observation of behaviour, learning …
Solution To Discrimination Problem
Discrimination is a treatment of making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on group, class or category to which the person or thing belongs to rather than individual merit. It can be simply explained as not allowing an individual …
Potential Problems and Solutions For International Students
Travelling abroad can be an exciting and life-changing event in one’s life. The opportunity to study in another country is a unique and fulfilling experience, both academically and personally. The percentage of international students in universities is rising steadily each year. Although an international study …
I. What is Calculus? Calculus is the branch of mathematics that deals with the finding and properties of derivatives and integrals of functions, by methods originally based on the summation of infinitesimal differences. a. Differential Calculus – concerned with the determination, properties, and application of …
Birth Control for Teenagers
The term birth control is generally defined as the “deliberate prevention of pregnancy using any of several methods” (“Birth Control”). It is sometimes referred to as contraception (“Birth Control”). A deeper view of the term would reveal that it ranges from the most popular, which …
Agency Problem and Its Solutions
Principal-agent relationship occurs when a principal contracts an agent. The principal hires the agent to perform a service for him or to act on his behalf. For example, in a large corporation, shareholders would hire managers to help them to organize the company in dairy …
The Problem And Proposed Solutions
The Digital Divide debate encompasses issues that are of social, economic and political import. Meaning to say, the issues regarding the digital divide, as a phenomenon and as a current concern that needs to be addressed, is not merely limited to the issue of the …
The survival of business organizations nowadays rely on their capacity to evolve with the changing demands and needs of their clients. Moreover, competitive advantage lies in a business organization’s ability to provide more distinctive goods and services than what any other business establishment can offer. …
The purpose of the annual review is to reflect
The purpose of the annual review is to reflect on the past year’s endeavors, as well as to discuss and set attainable, mutually beneficial goals for the future. It should be viewed as a vehicle to share ideas and insights based on your work in …
The Solutions of Childhood Obesity Problem
Childhood obesity is a growing problem with many possible causes and solutions. Some argue that fast food advertising should be banned, others argue that more physical activity would cure the problem and then there are those who blame the parents, arguing that it is their …
Time Management: Overview
Time Management Through time people have learned different ways to manage their time. Rather be while working and going to school or while working and raising a family. Three keys to time management I have found effective for myself are to prioritize, decide, and set …
American Culture and Politics
This research looks at American Culture and Politics since there is so much in American history and culture. The proposal paper contains some of the findings about the American politics and culture. This paper can help scholars who want to have a wide knowledge about …
Cell Phone Problem Solution
A serious problem has arisen that desperately needs to be solved. Students have been constantly using their cell phones during class and causing distractions to the learning environment. As a result, the principal is ready to ban all cell phones from school. Although this might …
American International Group essay
AIG holding company deals with insurance as well as other activities that are related to insurance in America with its operations through several subsidiaries. The primary activities of the company incorporate the general insurance as well as life insurances and the operation services dealing with …
Relevant essay types
- Process Essays
- Analysis Essays
- Case Study Essays
- Critical Analysis Essays
- Review Essays
- Research Essays
- Personal Essays
- Report Essays
- Summary Essays
- Argumentative Essays
- Character Analysis Essays
- Assignment Essays
- Persuasive Essays
- Narrative Essays
- Informative Essays
- Film Analysis Essays
- Response Essays
- Evaluation Essays
- Book Analysis Essays
- Compare And Contrast Essays
- Movie Analysis Essays
- Proposal Essays
- Reflective Essays
- Creative Essays
- Book Review Essays
- Application Essays
- Definition Essay Essays
- Discussion Essays
- Satire Essays
- Coursework Essays
Save time and let our verified experts help you.
Home — Essay Types — Problem Solution Essays
Problem Solution Essays Examples
The majority of problem solution essay topics that you will encounter deal with a special prompt where the problem is approached through the lens of some theory or argumentation. As a rule, you should provide a clear solution with evidence-based writing on a synthesis of available information. It should be done either in a step-by-step guide to offer a certain solution or as the sum of what can be done to address the topic.
The problem solution essay structure that you must follow should provide the following sections:
- Introduction paragraph with the description of the problem.
- Statement of your objectives to the problem and “why you think it’s important” paragraph.
- Thesis statement with a clear proposal, meaning your solution.
- At least 3 body paragraphs where you sort your arguments from the strongest to the weakest.
- Conclusion. This is where you explain whether you could achieve your solution to the problem. Since you may talk about a practical task, you should explore problem and solution examples that will show you how to connect your thesis statement to your achievements.
- Research suggestions paragraph. If something has been missing as you have done your problem solution research, you may provide certain ideas and solutions that would be helpful.
- References paragraph. Make sure that you provide every source that has been used to avoid plagiarism issues.
Here is the checklist that you should follow to come up with an excellent problem and solution essay structure:
- You should provide a problem-solution essay.
- Challenge, methodology, and solution included?
- Clear piece of evidence where you talk about why the problem is important
- Clear thesis statement ( Your thesis statement can be up to 2 sentences where you may add an explanatory sentence that talks about your methodology.)
Don’t forget to check our free examples of problem solution essay to see how to narrow your topics down as you talk about the challenges and offer solutions suitable for a specific region or an event. It’s an important structure factor you should consider.
Postpartum Depression and Anxiety Disorders in Women
Pregnancy is a process of bringing a new life into the world. In most situations it is perceived as a joyous time filled with happiness, excitement, and anticipation. The focus is on this tiny human being grown in the womb and who will soon fill…
Postpartum Depression Among Canadian Women
Pregnancy and birth are two of the key milestone changes in a woman’s life. It is a time for a celebration of the birth of their loved one, a new beginning. While physical changes are obvious changes and can easily be fixed, mental changes happen…
Systemic Discrimination Against Women Firefighters
This paper examines how systemic discrimination against women results in lower female participation in firefighting jobs. Firefighting jobs are a microcosm of the overall issue of systemic sexism in the workplace. Females have lower workplace participation than men overall. While there has been some improvement…
Teenage Drug Abuse In The United States
Teenagers in today’s society are plagued with many school, family, and social troubles, all while still their young minds are still developing. To a teenager trying to fit in or find their place, the biggest of their problems are often social. One of these social…
Feeling stressed about your essay?
Get professional help in 5 minutes
Prescription Drug Abuse Among Teenagers
Introduction Drug abuse has always been a really important issue but in a recent trend prescription drug has effected a lot of young people. In the journal by Grace Dammann and Esta Soler “Prescription Drug Abuse: A San Francisco Study” it is stated that “Prescription”…
STDs: The Hidden Silent Killer
In recent times, knowledge and research about sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s have become ubiquitous in society, especially in developed countries who have resources like the United States. Sex is a natural, biological process, and because of this, the idea that practicing something so natural and…
Anxiety Disorder Among Children and Ways to Prevent It
The challenge of anxiety disorder is, first of all, in recognizing it. One might be suspicious of its presence by frequent or on-going worry, nervousness, fear or panic. Anxiety disorder is a common illness these days. Anxiety disorder is characterized by one’s inner feelings, it…
Anxiety Disorder: the Mind Which Plays All the Game
Introduction The problem of anxiety in the population has a long history and has been present for ages. The condition originates from perceived increased levels of fear that denies people confidence in their private and social life. Anxiety is commonly identifiable with women especially regarding…
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Among Teenagers
Did you know about 17% of American high schoolers are drinking, abusing prescription medication, smoking or using drugs? That means that 55 million underage teens are using alcohol, drugs or smoking. Teens in the United States use various types of drugs like marijuana, prescription medication…
The Influence Of Corporal Punishment On A Child
Every child goes though that phase where they want to be on top of the world. They think they can do what they want, when they want. But then comes the mighty parents, using discipline to ensure the problem child doesn’t do this heinous act…
The most popular topics for Problem Solution Essays
- Gun Control
- Drug Addiction
- Women's Rights
- Postpartum Depression
- Illegal Immigration
- Gun Violence
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Human Trafficking
- Domestic Violence
We can help you get a better grade and deliver your task on time!
- Instructions Followed To The Letter
- Deadlines Met At Every Stage
- Unique And Plagiarism Free
my custom essay
- How It Works
Forget the all-nighters and find some writing inspiration with our free essay samples on any topic. It's time for you to nail your grades!
Problem Solution Essay Examples
The situation at Riverside High School requires a method that is conducive to the overall solution of the graffiti being present at such a highly regarded high school. Riverside has garnered its safe reputation by being involved in voicing concerns and understanding the culture of its learning environment. This school...
- Problem Solution
965 words 4 page(s)
For very practical reasons, and with very serious real-world ramifications, the biggest issue currently facing the American corrections system is prison overcrowding. Despite only making up 5-percent of the world’s population, the United States accounts for approximately 25-percent of its entire prison population, making it the nation with the highest...
1464 words 5 page(s)
Operations management is a complex area, one that deals with the issues of productivity, process improvement, inventory, capacity, forecasting and quality assurance from a single viewpoint, always working to keep ones best face forward while working to ensure that the manner in which the company is run is smooth, profitable,...
608 words 3 page(s)
Not Sure You Can Handle Your "Problem Solution" Essay? Hire Our Experts!
Abstract Modern technology is working to bring people together in ways often eliminating face-to-face interaction. This is valuable and likely to grow in impact. At the same time, people still depend upon commercial aviation to meet their travel needs, and no matter the reasons for the travel. Passengers generally accept...
1093 words 4 page(s)
I have experienced an incident where a third party that works with hotels to secure a discounted rate for the customer and a hotel charged me twice for staying in the hotel. The first time I was charged for the hotel occurred a week after I stayed in the hotel....
1107 words 4 page(s)
The Individualized Education Program or the IEP is a groundbreaking program that falls under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 2004. The IEP is an integral component in the educational system in the United States because this is the first time that there is such a comprehensive plant...
864 words 3 page(s)
Problem statement The research considers three problems that are relevant to management information systems. It does so by giving a response to three questions. The research questions explored are: Providing three examples of software projects that could be amenable to the waterfall method Providing a number of examples (both negative...
998 words 4 page(s)
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is when there are any means necessary used to settle disputes outside of the courtroom. Some elements of ADR includes: evaluation, negotiation, conciliation, mediation, and arbitration. There are many reasons people consider using alternate means of dispute resolution outside of the courtroom including: lengthy court processes,...
616 words 3 page(s)
Question: How do corporations with religious objections to contraceptive coverage in employee healthcare plans reconcile with the ACA’s requirement that women be given coverage for contraceptive care? Corporations with religious objections to contraceptive coverage outlined in the Obama Care can opt out of providing the coverage if they can certify...
394 words 2 page(s)
Early intervention prevents juvenile delinquency Describe The Topic Clearly Early intervention programs have proved to be the most effective prior to the onset of delinquent behavior as they are capable to prevent juvenile delinquency. Early involvement in children’s lives serves as an initial prerequisite of the effective elimination of juvenile...
928 words 4 page(s)
There are many different criminal problems within any community, all of which need addressing. The issue that I have chosen to address is that of burglary, with a multi-tiered community program to be implemented as a means of addressing the issue. The issue of burglary is one which causes no...
705 words 3 page(s)
The problem analysis triangle, or the crime triangle, states that a predatory crime is most likely to occur when 'a likely offender and a suitable target come together in a time and place, without a capable guardian present' (COPS, p. 28). The target may be an inanimate object or it...
327 words 2 page(s)
Introduction Minors should not be tried as adults because they face critical risks that require ongoing rehabilitation and focus in order to prevent them from committing future crimes. When minors are combined with adults in the criminal justice system, they may face harsher penalties than that which is required to...
1016 words 4 page(s)
I will address smoking in public. Smoking in public is a nuisance, and it has been proven that second hand smoke causes cancer. Therefore, smoking in public is a safety issue as it promotes poor health, cancer, and contributes to other diseases. Since smoking in public may affect everyone, it's...
243 words 1 page(s)
Jeff Bezos is not afraid of experimentation and trying new ideas within the organization; therefore, these opportunities can lead to conflicts in different ways when other leaders might not agree with the direction that some segments of the organization are headed. This reflects the importance of understanding Bezos' desire to...
296 words 1 page(s)
Sociology is the scientific study of society and social interaction; and concerns social problems and their solutions (Crone, 2012.) This focus on finding solutions to social problems that are objectively observed and quantified differentiates the field from other approaches. In order to distinguish which problems are to be considered significant...
711 words 3 page(s)
The decision to outsource information technology is largely informed by cost saving measures, increases in productivity as well as quality, ascertained higher customer satisfaction, and the focus on other business core areas. (Dahr & Balakrishnan, 2006) These advantages are, however, accompanied by perceived disadvantages, including, above all, issues of data...
341 words 2 page(s)
Don Koenig, a contemporary American writer and an author of multiple articles about America’s economic recession of the recent years, once expressed a very interesting idea. That idea was about illegal immigration and its role in the U.S. future. Don Koenig in his observance of millions of immigrant workers entering...
1368 words 5 page(s)
Social problems such as racial discrimination, poverty, crime, and high recidivism rates are connected in a variety of ways. When individuals are convicted of crimes, there are often significant consequences that affect the levels of wealth and security of such individuals. There are a number of collateral sanctions that can...
971 words 4 page(s)
Problem solving is an essential cognitive process that is included in a greater process alongside problem identifying and problem shaping. There are many different cognitive processes involved in problem solving. They are behaviorism, gestalt psychology, and cognitive psychology. Behaviorism is a school of psychological thought that focuses on behavior that...
635 words 3 page(s)
Plagiarism refers to the stealing of another person’s intellectual property without giving proper acknowledgement or citation. Roig (2006) defines the traditional meaning of plagiarism as the taking of words, images, and/or ideas from an author and presenting them as one’s own work. Unintentional plagiarism can be defined as “careless research...
738 words 3 page(s)
TO: VP of Operations FROM: SYLVESTER HOUSE SUBJECT: The Problem with Plasti-brack: Issues with Customer Order Backlog REVIEW OF THE CURRENT SITUATION I was assigned to this project as a result of my knowledge of the Plasti-brack situation and the current problems associated with the customer order backlog. As you...
379 words 2 page(s)
The standard definition of an agency situation entails a basic conflict of interest in the corporate context. More specifically, in so far as there exists a corporate reliance on agents, this may lead to the situation where the agent pursues his or her own self-interest, with obvious negative effects on...
420 words 2 page(s)
Primarily, organizations prepare for disruptive occasions using calamity reclamation and conjecturing business continuity. In case a disaster occurs in the business, the management can play an essential part in overseeing the plan of addressing the tragedy, offering support, and implementing the program. Notably, organizations use disaster recovery to resume normal...
674 words 3 page(s)
Introduction Fact finding, mediation, and interest arbitration are 3 techniques of reconciling stalemates in the process of impasse resolution. These techniques include the presence and contribution of a 3rd party. The third party could be an individual who is unbiased towards the views of the groups involved in the resolution...
962 words 4 page(s)
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Limited Time Offer FLAT 20% off & $20 bonus sign up. Order Now
Save Time and Improve Grade - Get Professional Help Now!
Please upload all relevant files for quick & complete assistance.
New! Hire Essay Assignment Writer Online and Get Flat 20% Discount!! Order Now
Get your paper
*Prices may vary as per change in requirements
Social Media Marketing
- By Lukas Murray
- August 09,2019
- October 11,2017
- October 19,2019
- December 27,2017
- January 15,2018
85 Remarkable Problem-Solution Essay Topics For Students
- September 16, 2019
Essay writing is not exactly considered a challenging task for students since it is usually five-paragraph long. However, if you are running out of good topic ideas, no amount of expertise can help you prepare a remarkable essay. However, if you are looking for problem-solution essay topics on the internet, today’s your lucky day.
It is always advised to the students that they pick a topic which they are passionate about. However, when it comes to choosing problem and solution essay topics, you need to look for problems that have viable solutions. It is more effective if the solutions provide the readers with some actionable measures.
If you cannot proceed with problem-solution essay writing due to the lack of remarkable topic ideas, you can consider the following list of problem-solution essay topic ideas that our experts have assembled for students like you.
First Time Customer!
Get 20% OFF on 1st Assignments & $20 Signup Bonus
- Family and Relationships
- Social Media
- Research Paper
We have segmented the problem-solution essay writing prompts in several categories based on the subject areas.
Problem-solution Essay Topics
Problem-solution essay topics about animals.
- Animal testing – Why it is wrong?
- Restricting human access to wild parks and reserves
- Why is it necessary to pass a law, prohibiting hunting of endangered species?
- The decreasing number of migrating birds – how it affects the ecosystem?
- The resulting problems of poaching and the possible solutions.
- The effect of plastic use on the marine life.
- The problems regarding exploring the marine life of the Mariana trench.
- Can a vegan lifestyle help us restore balance to the ecosystem?
- The use of animals in circus and other professional sectors.
- Making pets do difficult tricks for social media posts is also a form of animal cruelty.
Environmental Problem-solution Essay Topics
- How can the world recover from the loss of habitat due to Amazon rainforest wildfire?
- The melting of the glaciers and its impact on the environment
- Is it possible to reverse global warming? – Explain how.
- How can we promote the use of renewable energy?
- Is it possible to improve the air quality by installing air purifiers in the most-polluted cities around the world?
- Is the use of super-fast mobile connectivity posing a threat to the birds’?
- How can we reduce the amount of noise pollution around hospitals and education institutes?
- How can we reduce the level of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere?
- What are the alternatives to plastic?
- Should there be a stricter law to protect the environment around us?
Share Your Essay Requirements With Our Chat Executive
Hire Native Writers
Problem-solution essay topics on education.
- How can smart classes help achieve “education for all”?
- How can schools help students who are suffering from childhood obesity?
- What measures should be taken to deal with misbehaving students?
- How can the schools deal with the issue of bullying among students?
- What can be done to help overcome stress in college?
- How to balance academic life and personal life in college?
- What can be done to help the kids with poor academic performance?
- Is homeschooling a good idea for educating a child?
- What can be done to improve the number of attendance in class?
- How can colleges be made safer?
Problem-Solution Essay Topics about Family and Relationships
- The increasing use of smartphones among children - how can parents handle the issue?
- What should parents do to help children with obesity?
- Should parents be held responsible for the misbehaviour of children?
- What can be done about the parents who push their children too hard to achieve in various aspects of life?
- The increasing number of divorces and their effect on society.
- How to support a family member with a mental illness?
- How can parents teach their children about managing their expenses?
- How to raise a child without a father?
- Is it possible to treat both the children equally?
- What can parents do to help their children have a positive body image?
Problem-Solution Essay Topics about Health
- How can regular exercise improve the overall health of an adult?
- What measures can a person take to cut down excessive calorie intake?
- Possible measures to reduce the amount of stress among young adults.
- Why is it important to get checked on a regular basis?
- What measures can be taken to avoid genetic obesity?
- Does excessive use of mobile phones increase the chances of cancer?
- Is it possible to avoid cancer with proper diet?
- What can we do to break the stigma surrounding mental health?
- How can we encourage safe sex among teenagers?
- How to promote healthy eating habits among children?
Searching for high-quality academic Essay help?
Problems in Society Essay Topics
- What measures should college administrate take toconvince victims to report rapes without hesitation and fear?
- State the policies that should be implemented to take care of people suffering from mental health issues.
- What are the alternativesfor people who cannot afford mental health programs?
- How should an individual get out of heavy doubt?
- Shouldn’t the government pass law to punish companies which exploit child labour?
Persuasive Problem Solution Essay Topics
- Do you think music with offensive content should come with a warning label?
- Should there be any limit to free speech?
- Should the government abolish privately-run prisons?
- What can be the best way to reduce the outbreak of COVID-19?
- Should stem cells be allowed in medicine?
Social Media Problem Solution Essay
- Are social media platforms becoming productivity killers?
- What is the process of hiring in the age of social media?
- What is the impact of social media on business?
- What are the great things we owe to social media?
- How should people be more cautious about what they post online?
Problem Solution Research Paper Topics
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How to reduce human trafficking in the US?
- Has the Black Lives Matter movement been successful in impacting people’s view about racism?
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- Which is better- same-sex classrooms or specific gender classroom?
Local Problem Solution Essay Topics
- How to solve the issue of domestic violence?
- What should school administrators do to eliminate bullying?
- How to detect the signs of a friend who is depressed?
- How can divorce be prevented?
- What initiatives should be taken to prevent racial violence?
Problem and Solution Essay Topics for Kids
- The role of schools in resolving the problem of childhood obesity
- How should homeschooled kids prepare for a college education?
- Are video games replacing sports in children’s lives?
- Should kids be allowed to use laptops at school?
- What are the best relaxation techniques for school students?
Problem Solution Essay Topics for Business
- What is better as motivation - higher salaries or incentives?
- Should businesses exploit the labour market for improving profits?
- How should an employee acquire leadership skills?
- How to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace?
- Should employees be given the choice of joining public unions?
These are some of the most interesting problem and solution topic ideas categorised for you. You can consult MyessayAssignmenthelp.com if you need more such innovative problem and solution essay topics suggestions. From an extensive problem solution essay topics list of IELTS level to persuasive problem solution essay topic list, our writers have helped millions of students with securing desirable grades.
How to write the perfect Problem Solution Essay
Choosing a good topic won’t help you much if you do not knowhow to write a good problem solution essay. Let us show you in detail how you can write a problem solution essay that easily grabs the reader’s attention.
Step 1: You have to introduce the problem by briefly explaining the problem and stating why it needs to be solved. You must also add a thesis statement in this section.
Step 2: Describe the problem from the reader’s perspective so that reader connects to the probleminstantly. When you explain why the problem matters, the readers will for sure take interest.
Step 3: Create the perfect outline so that you can reveal the solution layer by layer. Make sure that the problem and solution body paragraphs are not unnecessarily wordy.
Step 4: The conclusion is where you bring the essay to a close. Before you end, present an image which shows what the world will seem after your solution is applied.
Make sure you follow all the problem solution essay format rules if you want exemplary results. Your problem solution essay prompt will include detailed instruction of whatever you need to add in your essay. If you want a better result, avail premium service of MyessayAssignmenthelp.com where you can hire 5 star rated writers.
Professional Assistance on Problem-Solution Essay Topics is a Few Clicks Away
If you don't have enough time or knowledge to work on any of the suggested problem-solution essay topics, you can get the essential support from professional essay writers in Australia. And for that, you do not need to look any further. MyessayAssignmenthelp.com has an efficient team of essay experts who can help you with problem-solution essay writing irrespective of the topics.
Since the essay experts at Essayassignmenthlep.com have come from different fields of studies, you can request for topic-specific support from the team. Moreover, you are guaranteed a bunch of additional features with every order of problem-solution essay writing, irrespective of the topics and the deadlines.
- Well-structured, flawless essay paper, ensured with several revisions.
- On-time delivery of the order, even if the deadlines are short.
- 100% plagiarism-free content with an on-demand plagiarism report for the solution.
- Enjoy reasonable pricing of the services along with incredible discounts.
- Active customer care support to provide 24x7 service throughout the year.
- Safe and secure payment gateways to ensure hassle-free transactions.
- Personalized support as per the requirements and academic level of the student.
- Hundreds of problem-solution essay examples available for free.
So what is stopping you now? Place your order with MyessayAssignmenthelp.com, and submit a remarkable piece of content on the requested problem-solution essay topics.
Pay to Get Your Essay Done on Time
Most popular faqs searched by students, question: what is a problem-solution essay.
Answer: A problem-solution essay is a form of essay that focuses on writing about a topic by identifying a problem and suggesting one or more solutions. This is a form of argument where the writer needs to convince the reader to take a particular course of action.
Related: How To Write An Argumentative Essay Like A Pro
Question: How to write a problem-solution essay?
Answer: Follow these steps to write a problem-solution essay:
I. State the given situation in your own words
II. Research the problem(s)
III. Prepare a strong thesis statement
IV. Identify the possible solutions
V. Support the solutions with proper evidence
VI. Conclude the paper with necessary evaluation
Question: How to write a problem-solution essay outline?
Answer: A problem-solution essay follows the generic five-paragraph format in most cases:
I. Start with an interesting way to introduce the topic
II. Prepare a thesis statement that highlights the purpose of the essay
III. Identify the problems and describe their impact
IV. Find out the possible solution and support them with proper evidence
V. Conclude the essay by evaluating the points discussed
Question: How many paragraphs should a problem-solution essay have?
Answer: A problem-solution essay generally is generally 5-paragraph long. However, that’s the minimum number of paragraph a problem-solution essay should have. If needed, the essay may consist of 7-9 paragraphs as well.
Question: How to write a problem-solution essay example?
Answer: A problem-solution essay example can be prepared using the following steps:
I. Study the topic and try to gather the necessary information.
II. Identify the problems within the topic and discuss their impact
III. Figure out the possible solutions to the problem and provide evidence to support them.
IV. Conclude the essay by assessing the points mentioned in the content.
Everything You Need to Know about Writing an Annotated Bibliography
Top 5 persisting issues in the field of contemporary nursing, you might also like.
LEAVE A REPLY
× just share requirements with chat agent get $10, getting started with myessayassignmenthelp is free.
15,000+ happy customers and counting!
Rated 4.7/ 5 based on 1491 reviews
Have any query contact with us.
Problem Solution Essay
Home - All categories - Problem Solution Essay
- Admission Essay
- Article Review
- Book/movie review
- Biography essay
- Business Plan
- Annotated Bibliography
- Book Report
- Argumentative Essay
- Autobiography Essay
Free Problem Solution Essay Examples With Topic
Problem solution essay topics, part of the IELTS written assignment, assesses your ability to identify a problem and suggest solutions. The work contains the novelty of the problem and the answer to several important questions. In one of them, you ask to determine the cause of the problem, in the other – to suggest ways to solve it.
Such a task requires preparation and excellent writing skills. That’s when our set of problem solution essay topic ideas can be an excellent option for anyone looking for a clue in a task.
Each problem and solution essay topics contain a robust set of knowledge. The topic sentence should show that you are going to talk about the cause of the problem. The second sentence on a given topic should show that you are going to talk about solving the problem. Agree that it’s hard.
You can study the problem solution essay sample right now and see how experienced authors recommend arranging all the essential details. Many people forget to check their essays or do not have enough time for it, make mistakes, and lose points. Our specialist ensures that there are no mistakes in the text.
Please take a close look at the problem solution essay example from our collection to find the idea of creating winning content in a few easy steps. Knowing what to include in an article and how to do it will save you a lot of time and effort.
Remember, clean and concise speech is always preferable to florid and intricate, in which you are confused. Finding help is easy; you have to turn to our website. Don’t risk your reputation and use professional samples to increase your chances of final victory. Organize and do your best to impress your readers and still sound natural enough; the decision is yours!
from $10 per-page
Understanding Nursing Research
None-evaluation, m1a1 student rebuttal paper, nursing process, sea blue hotel client interview, criminal justice problem solution essay, step 4-peer feedback, assessment of classmates volunteer program assessment paper, assessing mood disorders.
- Free Essay Examples
- Free Essay Topics
- Free Problem And Solution Essay Topics: 100 Examples Of Ideas In 2023
Free Problem and Solution Essay Topics: 100 Examples of Ideas in 2023
Writing a problem and solution essay allows students to utilize their analytical and research skills. Basically, the main goal is to highlight a problem, its underlying cause(s), and possible solution(s). In this case, the best approach in writing this type of essay is to address some features that define a topic of a problem and solution essay. Also, these features include specific problems, a thesis statement, a highlight of several possible solutions, evidence, and analysis. Hence, this article on problem and solution essay topics covers guidelines to follow with possible themes to use.
When writing essays, students use different strategies to make their writing impactful. Basically, one of the strategies most useful in writing problem and solution essays is persuasion. For example, the goal of these essays is to persuade readers that there is a problem that requires a resolution. As such, a thesis statement captures a covered problem, its causes, and a final solution. Moreover, the most challenging part of problem and solution essay topics is constructing its themes. In essence, writers must capture several elements: a problem that requires a solution, a thesis statement, a highlight of several possible solutions, evidence, and analysis. Also, these elements define a skeleton of a problem and solution essay topic. Unlike standard essays, where a theme is also a paper’s title, a topic in a problem and solution essay is laid out in the introduction section.
Types of Problem and Solution Essays
The goal of a problem-solution essay is to identify a problem, its underlying cause(s), and the final solution(s). For example, these three features define the basic characteristics of problem and solution essays, which come in three different types. Basically, the first type involves essays that outline a problem and solution topic, meaning they analyze issues about this problem and its causes and recommend a solution. Then, the second type concerns essays that describe the cause of a problem and its solution. Also, they do not focus on a problem but on its causes. Further on, the third type relates to essays that address a solution only. In turn, after outlining a problem in the introduction part, the main text focuses on analyzing the answer to this issue.
Examples of Problem and Solution Essay Topics
1. problem and solution prompts on social media.
- The Dangers of Addiction to Social Media
Address addiction to social media as a problem and discusses its adverse impacts. Look at how much addiction affects individuals, families, and communities.
- The Challenges of Evolving Social Networks
Explore issues that complicate social networks’ evolution as a problem and suggest solutions. In this case, some challenges can serve as underlying factors of this complication.
- Negative Impacts of Social Media on Socialization
Here, social media’s adverse impact on people’s socialization is a problem that individuals seek to investigate and offer a solution to.
- How Facebook and Twitter Have Redefined Communication?
Explore how social media platforms have undermined face-to-face communication.
- Social Media and Social Activism
Address the weaknesses of social media platforms in facilitating social activism as a problem.
- Social Media in Education
Explore the problem of social media platforms in enhancing student-teacher engagement.
- Effects of Social Media on Individuality
Explore how social media affects interpersonal relationships.
- The Necessity of Parental Guidance in Teens’ Use of Social Media
Address how addiction to social media affects academic performance.
- The Future of Social Media Networks
Explore some barriers that are likely to undermine the growth of social media platforms.
- How Social Media Affects the Home Environment?
Explore how social media creates conflict between teens and their parents and siblings.
2. Problem and Solution Essay Topics on Environmental Pollution
- Air Pollution and Public Health
Discuss how air pollution leads to health complications.
- What Leads to Water Pollution?
Address water pollution as a problem and explore underlying causes.
- The Politics of Global Warming
Address how failed policies have contributed to global warming.
- The Human Element in Environmental Pollution
Discuss how deforestation affects the natural environment.
- Industries as Lead Agents in Air, Land, and Water Pollution
Discuss the harm that manufacturing plants cause to the natural environment.
- The Case for Environmental Protection and Conservation
Discuss the harm that deforestation and oil exploration causes to the natural environment.
- The Economic and Social Benefits of Conserving the Environment
Discuss the economic and social costs of environmental pollution.
- The Health Costs of Environmental Pollution
Explore how policies that promote the exploitation of mineral resources lead to health complications.
- Youth and the Environment
Address activities that youth engage in that endanger the natural ecosystem.
- The Danger of Particulate Matter
Discuss industries as the primary sources of particulate matter.
3. Problem and Solution Essay Themes on Substance Use and Abuse
- The Benefits of Group Therapy for Drug Addicts
Discuss drug addiction as a problem and how group therapy is essential as an intervention.
- What Leads to Drug Addiction?
Identify unemployment as a leading cause of drug use and abuse in low-income communities.
- The Social Environment and the Drug Problem
Explore how urbanization has led to a drug problem.
- Effectiveness of Government Policies in the Fight Against Opioid Abuse
Address the problem of opioid abuse and explain how the government’s policies are helping to reverse the trend.
- The Essence Group Therapy as Substance Use and Abuse Intervention
Explore the problem of hard drugs and how group therapy helps addicts recover from addiction.
- The Health Implications of Substance Use and Abuse
Discuss how addiction to drugs undermines one’s health.
- Should Marijuana Be Legalized?
Highlight the health effects of marijuana use to argue against its legalization. Use health effects as a problem associated with the drug.
- The Case for Medical Marijuana
Highlight pain as the basis for marijuana legalization for medical purposes. In this case, pain that results from health complications would be the problem that requires a solution.
- The Case for Recreational Marijuana
Claim that, despite the illegality of marijuana consumption, evidence shows that many people are buying the drug on the black market. As such, this illegal trade would be the problem whose solution would be the legalization of the drug for recreational purposes.
- Causes of Substance Use Disorders
Here, the writer can link the trend of substance abuse disorders to dysfunctional families to claim that family therapy is an effective intervention for the problem. In this case, the trend of substance abuse would be the problem, and one of its leading causes would be the breakdown of the family unit.
4. Problem and Solution Essay Topics on Endangered Species
- The Importance of Conserving Endangered Species
- The Value of the Natural Ecosystem in Protecting Endangered Species
- The Protection of Endangered Species: The Role of the Government
- The Protection of Endangered Species: The Importance of Game Reserves and National Game Parks
- Endangered Species and Global Tourism
- Endangered Species and Climate Change
- Human Encroachment as a Threat to Endangered Species
- The Importance of Raising Awareness About Endangered Species
- The Protection of Endangered Species: The Role of the Community
- Endangered Species: Policy Failure or Natural Phenomenon?
5. Problem and Solution Assignment on Obesity
- The Health Effects of Obesity
- Causes of Childhood Obesity
- Obesity and the Food Culture
- Obesity and the Fast-Food Craze
- Obesity and Self-Esteem
- Obesity and Sedentary Lifestyle
- Obesity and the Social Environment
- The Problem of Obesity in America
- Obesity and Parenting
- Obesity in Adolescence
6. Problem and Solution Prompts on Mental Health
- The Reality of Anxiety and Depression in American Youth
- Factors Responsible for Mental Disorders
- The Strength and Weaknesses of the US Mental Health Care System
- Mental Health and US Veterans
- The Importance of Family in the Fight Against Severe Depression
- Mental Health and the Race Factor
- The Evolution of Mental Health Disorders
- Effective Interventions Against Mental Health Disorders
- The Importance of Psychiatric Institutions
- Social Workers and Community Mental Health Care
7. Problem and Solution Essay Topics on Criminal Justice Systems
- The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Criminal Justice System
- Is the US Criminal Justice System Fair?
- Racial Disparity in the US Prison System
- The Problem of Prison Overpopulation in the US
- The Role of the Criminal Justice System in Addressing Runaway Crime
- The Burden of the Criminal Justice System on the Government
- Is the Role of the Criminal Justice System to Rehabilitate or Punish?
- Is Incarceration the Solution to Juvenile Delinquency?
- The Case for Diversionary Programs as an Alternative to Incarceration
- Recidivism: Causes and Solutions
8. Samples of Problem and Solution Ideas on Higher Education
- Higher Education as a Path Towards Economic and Social Mobility
- The Pros and Cons of a University Education
- Does the Lack of a College Degree Reduce One’s Economic Prospects?
- Higher Education in the Era of Multiculturalism
- The Case for Virtual Learning in Higher Education
- Do Student Loans Lead to High College Enrolment?
- The Importance of Student Loans
- The Importance of College Fraternities for International College Students
- The Value of a College Degree
- Higher Education and the Labor Market
9. Examples of Problem and Solution Themes on Homelessness
- The Problem of Homelessness in Major World Cities
- Homelessness as a Problem of the Government
- Homelessness as a Problem in the Community
- Homelessness and Poor Government Policies
- Homelessness as Evidence of Economic Inequality
- The Link Between Homelessness and Mental Health
- Factors Underlying the Increasing Number of Homeless People in America
- The solution to the Homelessness Problem
- Is Homelessness a Result of Policy Failure or Inadequate Houses?
- Is Affordable Housing the Solution to the Problem of Homelessness?
10. Problem and Solution Ideas on Globalization
- Is Globalization to Blame for Increased Cases of Corporate Fraud?
- Globalization and Growth of Multinational Corporations
- Globalization and International Trade
- Is There a Link Between Globalization and Child Labor?
- The Pros and Cons of Globalization
- Should Governments Worry About Borderless Trade?
- The Case for Internationalizing a Business Enterprise
- Globalization and Foreign Policy
- Is Globalization to Blame for Today’s Consumerism Culture?
- What is the Economic Benefit of Globalization for the Developing Countries?
Constructing Problem and Solution Essay Topics: Step-by-Step Guide
In academic writing , students follow an essay structure when organizing different aspects of texts, including the introduction, body, and conclusion sections. For example, it is standard for students to use a thesis statement in the introduction part to provide the main argument of their texts. When constructing a problem and solution essay, students create topics that guide the focus of their writing. Unlike in other articles, topics in problem and solution essays are properly constructed in the introduction section. In other words, while students may use a short topic as the title of their text, the full construction of the theme is in the introduction part. As noted in the previous section on examples of problem and solution essay topics, authors clarify the purpose of their writing in the introduction section.
Skeleton of Problem and Solution Essay Topics
In a problem and solution essay, students analyze a problem and propose a solution. Basically, problems that they choose to analyze should indicate some challenges, but such issues should be possible to resolve. In turn, a skeleton of a problem and solution essay topic has the following characteristics:
- A description of a problem that requires a solution.
- A thesis statement that defines a problem and offers a real solution
- Identification of several possible solutions.
- Evidence in a form of specific facts, details, examples, and reasons in favor of a particular solution.
- An analytical tone.
Altering Problem and Solution Essay Topics for Different Purposes
By considering a skeleton of a problem and solution essay topic, students must emphasize the basic characteristics in the introduction part of their essays. In essence, authors address three issues when constructing a topic in a problem and solution essay. For example, these elements are a problem, a cause, and a solution. In this case, everything else that scholars write, including the thesis, evidence, and analysis, revolves around these three issues. Therefore, when writing different problem and solution essays, all students need to do is alter the approach that they take in constructing a topic. Concerning a problem, they have to look at real issues and situations about what they intend to write. Regarding a cause, writers have to look at real reasons for a problem, and, about a solution, they have to look at what has been done or has not been done to address this problem.
Template for a Problem and Solution Essay Topic
Like all standard types of essays , a problem and solution essay has a template or structure. Basically, the key features of this template are five sections that enable writers to address each element of a skeleton highlighted above. For example, these sections include the introduction, problem, solution, and conclusion parts. Thus, a simple essay outline for problem and solution essay topics should appear as follows:
Content in Each of the Sections
As indicated, all sections of a problem and solution essay give writers a structure that addresses the skeleton’s key features. In summary, the introduction part outlines the writer’s objective captured in the thesis statement. Then, the problem part describes the problem that authors address in their texts. As indicated, students discuss issues and situations about what they intend to write. Here, scholars can use paragraphs to outline some causes of a problem. Further on, the solution part describes what authors perceive to be a solution to a problem. Also, they can use different paragraphs to argue for different solutions. In turn, the conclusion part must cover a summary of a problem and a solution outlined in the introduction section and discussed in body paragraphs.
I. Introduction Paragraph
Like a standard essay, the introduction of a problem and solution essay should give readers an idea about the writer’s mission. As indicated previously, students can not capture all the topic’s skeleton features in the paper’s title. As such, the introduction part is where authors address important aspects, concluding with the thesis statement. In turn, thesis statements must identify problems, their causes, and valid solutions.
II. Problem Section
As part of the main text (body), a problem section is where students delve into a problem and its cause(s). Here, writers use an analytical tone to highlight researched issues that pertain to this problem. Also, a common approach for authors is to offer background information or context of a problem. In turn, such an approach enables scholars to go into detail about situations, such as failures of government policies, which underpin the existence of an issue.
III. Solution Part
The solution section is part of the main text. Here, students overview the main problem to provide a context for the actual solution. In essence, the overview involves reiterating the critical message of the thesis statement. After that, authors highlight what they see as the solution to the problem. Also, if several issues underpin the problem’s existence, writers need to use different paragraphs to recommend appropriate solutions.
IV. Conclusion Paragraph
The conclusion section is the part of an academic text that enables students to conclude their writing. Here, authors restate the thesis statement. In turn, this action involves highlighting the key features of the skeleton of the problem and solution essay topic. Besides restating the thesis, writers offer their personal concluding thoughts about the problem, its cause(s), and recommended solution(s). As a result, such opinions may include advocating for policy reform, legislation, or research.
Summing Up on Problem and Solution Essay Topics
Writing a problem and solution essay is an academic exercise that allows students to use research and analytical skills. Basically, the main goal of such an article is to highlight a problem and how to resolve it. In this case, writers need to use an analytical tone in addressing this issue. Here, students research a specific problem to discover its causes, and, then, relying on research findings, they propose a real solution. In essence, these activities underscore the importance of constructing problem and solution essay topics. Hence, students need to master the following tips:
- highlight a problem that needs a resolution;
- construct a thesis statement to define a problem, its causes, and a solution;
- identify several possible solutions if a problem has several underlying causes;
- use evidence in a form of specific facts, details, examples, and reasons to recommend a particular solution.
- follow an analytical tone to investigate a problem and its causes and recommend a solution.
Main 5 Parts of an Essay: Easy Guidelines for Writers
How to Write a Visual Analysis Essay: Format, Outline, and Example
How to Write a Dialectic Essay With Explanations and Examples
Free Compare and Contrast Essay Topics: 80+ Themes in 2023
ASA Format: Easy Guide for Your Essay or Paper With Examples
Personal Essay Topics: Free Examples of 170 Themes in 2023
How to Write a Thematic Essay With Explanations and Examples
How to Write a Profile Essay With Tips and Examples
Free Psychology Research Topics: 125+ Themes for Your Papers in 2023
How to Write a Social Media Essay With Tips and Examples
Problem Solution Essay
Problem-Solution Essay - Writing Guide, Topics, & Sample
10 min read
Published on: Dec 7, 2019
Last updated on: Jan 25, 2023
On This Page On This Page
Are you looking for help to write and submit a great problem-solution essay? Unfortunately, many students confuse these essays with argumentative and persuasive essays and fail to write an engaging and convincing essay.
These essays are different from the other kinds of essays and have their own conventions and style. A detailed essay writing guide will help you know about each essay’s different kinds and writing processes.
The problem-solution essay is one of the most difficult types to get right. It's not just about explaining your point but also providing convincing arguments and evidence for it.
You can learn all about this type with us because we cover every important detail in this blog. So you know how exactly to write it effectively.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job
What is a Problem-Solution Essay?
A problem-solution essay is a kind of persuasive writing. It presents a problem, describes it in detail, and proposes a solution for it. A great essay must be convincing and have strong evidence and arguments to prove that the given solution is the best.
This essay differs from both argumentative and persuasive essays as it does not focus on arguments only. Instead, it is somewhat like a cause and effect essay as it discusses different causes as problems and their effects as consequences.
Like it, a problem-solution essay focuses on describing the problem and its consequences also. As a writer, it is your job to investigate the problem in-depth and develop a fruitful solution.
Usually, these are short essays and are parts of subject exams and IELTS exams. The essay could give a single solution or present multiple solutions to solve the discussed problem.
Basic Elements of a Problem-Solution Essay
A problem-solution essay has the following features or elements.
The complete description of these features is as follows.
Since this kind of essay is written to propose a solution to a problem, it is important to discuss and explain the problem first. The problem should be well-defined and detailed and should be written to educate the reader about its existence.
Sometimes the readers do not know what the writer is talking about and miss the mark completely. To avoid any such situation, assume that your readers know nothing about it and explain it in detail.
After the writer has explained the problem, the writer presents the solution to the problem. When choosing the problem, make sure that it could solve through reasonable and doable solutions.
It should not be too broad or too narrow. Instead, choose the problem that you know you could tackle and offer reasonable solutions for.
The main argument should be strong enough to convince the readers about the solution that the writer has proposed. Moreover, it should be reasonable and could be implemented in real life.
Besides, the writer should make sure that they add strong evidence to prove that their proposed solution is better than others and offers greater benefits.
There is a difference between arguing and presenting a solution. As a writer, you must know the difference between these two and make sure that your essay stays within the defined conventions. Writing a problem-solution type of essay is like having an argument without actually arguing.
To answer the possible problem solution essay questions and concerns that may come in the readers’ minds, discuss the expected and possible objections. Doing this will show the reader that you have explored every possible solution and possibility before proposing the solution.
Before finalizing the essay, go through it and make sure that you have added all of these elements.
Problem Solution Essay Structure
The structure of this essay is usually the same as the structure of any other essay. Generally, it has three paragraphs that state and explain three problems and their solutions in detail. Below is the sample problem-solution essay structure.
- Paraphrase and add the main question or topic of the essay.
- State the problems that you will discuss in the essay.
Main Body Paragraphs
Paragraph 1 - Problem or the Cause
- Topic Sentence - Mention the first problem or the main cause.
- Explanation - Explain the problem in detail.
- Example - Add an example to explain further.
Paragraph 2 - Solution to the First Problem
- Topic Sentence - Mention the solution to the first problem.
- Explanation - Explain the solution in detail.
- Example - Add an example to highlight it.
The other two problems and solutions will be added in the same pattern.
- Restate the thesis statement briefly.
- Repeat the main points.
- Mention how the presented solutions will help in controlling the problem.
- Do not add any new ideas here.
How to Write a Problem-Solution Essay?
A good and commendable problem-solution essay proposes a reasonable and easy-to-implement solution to the discussed problem. Make sure that your essay stays focused and close to the main topic.
You must avoid adding any vague details and stick to the main essay topic only. Below are the steps to write a good and impressive problem-solution essay.
- Choose the Problem-Solution Essay Topic
This could be anything. To begin with, think of the issues and problems that bother you. These issues could be anything, and you may be a part of some groups that are already facing some issues. Make a list of the issues or problems these groups or your community are facing.
It is not important how big or small a problem is, but it must be significant enough to affect the people.
- Think about an Easy to Implement Solution
For a solution to be great, it should be easy to understand and implement. Good and fully functional solutions could be implemented easily, solve the problem effectively, and are cost-effective.
Finding a solution could be tough. Think about all the possible solutions and write them down. Below are some common ways to solve a problem.
- Add something like money, new equipment, or resources
- Get rid of things that are causing the problem
- Educate the community about a problem like drugs or illiteracy
- Use advertising to motivate the community about a cause
- Revise old laws or introduce new ones to tackle the situation
- Change the method of doing something
Besides, you can add other solutions or options also.
- Create a Problem Solution Essay Outline
An outline is an important part of any writing process. It helps in maintaining the focus and sticking to the main essay topic only. Many times, a student loses focus and has to work on the essay all over again.
With a well-made outline, they can avoid it and stay focused throughout the entire writing process.
When outlining, divide the researched details into paragraphs. Make an order in which you will add and discuss those details and stick to it.
- Write a Strong Essay Introduction
The introduction is important, and without a strong and engaging introduction, you cannot write a good and ‘A-worthy’ essay. Describe the problem, its impact, and the reason it needs the solution.
In case of a new or uncommon problem, explain it in detail, and if it is a common problem, then explain its consequences. No matter what, you will have to convince the readers about the importance of the problem.
- Add a Brief and Clear Thesis Statement
The thesis statement is added at the end of the introduction. It should be clear and inform the readers about the main topic and theme of the essay. It should be brief, and instead of giving away all the details, it should entice the readers to read the essay.
Here are some tips for writing an engaging and convincing thesis statement.
- Add the solution to the problem in a single sentence and clearly.
- It is added after the description of the problem.
- In case the thesis statement is overly simple, discuss the solutions that did not work earlier before proposing your solution.
For a strong thesis statement, keep it brief and focused on the main theme or topic.
- Write the Body Paragraphs
This is the central part of an essay and takes up the major part of the work. Usually, an essay includes three paragraphs. In the case of a problem-solution essay, the three paragraphs will include three problems and their solutions.
When working on each solution, take care of the following things.
- Explain each problem in detail.
- Propose the solution and explain it properly.
- Explain how the solution will be useful to solve the problem.
- Give evidence about how your solution is the best; some ways of doing it are using expert opinions, statistics, previous studies, and some examples.
When presenting the solution, make sure that your solution is;
- Useful for solving the problem
- Cost-effective and easy to implement
- Able to withstand the objections
- Better than other solutions and options
When discussing the solution, you must discuss the possible objections against it and ways to counter them. Give arguments and evidence in your support and make your arguments and solution convincing.
- End the Essay with an Excellent Conclusion
The conclusion is the last part of an essay, but it is as important as an introduction. Unfortunately, many students mistakenly think that since it is the last part, it is less important. It is wrong, and they often fail to earn a good grade because the ending is lousy and careless.
Here are some tips for writing a strong and excellent conclusion for your problem-solution essay.
- Explain to the readers what should happen.
- Discuss the possibilities of improvement if your proposed solution is adopted.
- Tell them how the solution will work.
- If possible, add real-life examples to emphasize your proposed solution.
- Add convincing and substantial statistics, facts, and testimonials to add weightage to your solution.
A good conclusion will not open new arguments but will provide closure to the entire essay. So make sure that you keep it brief, use it to tie the knots, and give the final word about the pros of your solution.
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Problem-Solution Essay Example
We know that writing this kind of essay could be a challenge. Below is a sample essay to help you understand better.
Problem Solution Essay Example College | PDF Example
List of Problem-Solution Essay Topics
When choosing a topic for your problem-solution essay, it is better to go with a topic that you are passionate about. Usually, the students choose social issues and things that happen around them. Below, we have given some helpful essay topic ideas which you use to write your essay.
- Tobacco should be banned to control lung cancer. Discuss.
- Obesity is caused by genetically modified and processed food. Discuss the solution.
- Movie scripts should be censored to control violence in youth. Discuss.
- How to eliminate racism and gender discrimination?
- Government should propose some policies to deal with illegal immigration. Discuss.
- How can we use social media to improve awareness?
- Propose some ways to keep your friends and family safe.
- College students in the United States are overburdened with homework.
- How to improve the quality of education in high school?
- Providing equal opportunities to under-privileged children is important. Discuss.
These are some good problem-solution topics that you can tweak to use as your own. Other than essays, you can also use such topics for your research paper. Since a research paper is based on original research work, these topics will make a great paper topic.
All of these topics are unique, and you can use them to practice for your test.
Still need help? Talk to one of the representatives here at MyPerfectWords.com. We are a top essay writer service that specializes in writing all kinds of essays and papers. Just place the order and get your essay within the set deadline.
So hire our online writing service now to get the best value.
Nova A. (Literature, Marketing)
Nova Allison is a Digital Content Strategist with over eight years of experience. Nova has also worked as a technical and scientific writer. She is majorly involved in developing and reviewing online content plans that engage and resonate with audiences. Nova has a passion for writing that engages and informs her readers.
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
- Essay Database >
- Essay Examples >
- Essays Topics >
- Essay on Workplace
Sample Essay On Problem Definition
Type of paper: Essay
Topic: Workplace , Employment , Employee , Employer , Job , Competition , Tuition , Offer
ORDER PAPER LIKE THIS
GDRC (n.d) argues that problem solving process involves six steps that include problem definition, problem analysis, generating possible solutions, analyzing the solution(s), choosing the best solution(s) and planning the next course of action. I will adopt the six steps in order to resolve my problem.
My problem is to decide the best alternative of growing my income. I enrolled for a Bachelor’s degree with a view of increasing my chance of a promotion. Now that I am writing my final exam, I have received an offer from a competitor that leaves me in a dilemma. I am facing a dilemma of choosing between either staying with my current employer where I have worked for the past 11 years and hope I will get a promotion once I complete my Bachelor’s degree, or take up a new job offer from a competitor that comes with a salary increase of $15,000 per year.
There are pros and cons to each option. If I stay at the current job, I will be able to complete my Bachelor’s degree, get my tuition reimbursed. I have incurred a significant amount on my tuition expenses and I was motivated by the fact that my employer will reimburse the money once I complete the Bachelor’s degree. In addition, I am optimistic that completing my Bachelor’s degree will increase my chances of being promoted. On the downside, I am not certain as to when I will receive my promotion. On the other hand, the new job offer has attractive benefits such as a $15,000 increase in annual salary, car allowance, and relocating allowance. On the downside, the new job is out of state and even though the company is providing relocation expense, I will be leaving many of my friends behind. All the supervisors in the new company have master’s degree and this means I will have to complete my bachelors and then continue with my masters, and since the new company does not offer tuition reimbursement, it means I will have to cover the tuition expenses from my pocket. I must therefore balance between the tuition expenses against the rise in my income.
Generating possible solutions
I have two possible solutions to solving my problem that include:
Approaching my current employer for a raise in my income
Take up the offer from the competitor and relocate Analyzing the solutions If I approach my current employer for a raise, they are not likely to match the salary increase the new company has promised. Most likely, my employer will take between one and two years before they consider me for a promotion. By this time, I suppose that in my other job I will be eligible for further promotion and my income may have risen much higher from what the current raise of $15,000 per year that the competitor has already offered. I will also be midway my Masters. I am not certain about how much raise I will receive from my current employer once I get the promotion but I would estimate a salary raise of $10,000 per year. A raise of $10,000 after two years does not seem attractive when compared to the raise of $15,000 the competitor is offering. In addition, there is uncertainty as to when I will get the promotion, and the amount of raise that will come with the promotion. On the other hand, taking the new job from the competitor will mean that I have to relocate. In addition, I will have to enroll for a master’s degree to be at par with my peers. When I relocate, I will incur significant travel expenses when I am visiting family and friends. Enrolling for masters will definitely take a toll on my finances and Masters will definitely cost more than the annual salary raise of $15,000. However, the tuition expenses are one off expenses and once I am done with my masters, I will be able to command even higher salaries. Commuting and tuition expenses will offset part of the $15,000 per year salary increase. However, the new job is likely to present me with further growth opportunities. The new job will give me a new experience of working out of state and expand my professional network. An expanded professional network will provide me with more opportunities for career growth and influence.
Selecting the best solution
After weighing the pros and cons of either staying with my current employer or taking up a new job offer from the competitors, I have decided to take up the competitors offer. The new position will increase my income by $15,000 and even though I will incur significant commuting and tuition expenses, I believe, my income will grow faster than my expenses. I will aim at minimizing my commuting allowances by reducing the number of times I visit and making use of technological applications such as Skype, Whatsapp and other medium of communication to ensure I only commute for essential travel such as during major holidays and celebrations. The tuition expenses on my masters represent a one off cost instead of a recurrent cost, and once I am able to cover my tuition expenses I need not worry about their recurrence. The job will also provide me with an opportunity of expanding my professional network. At this point in my career, I am looking to expand my professional network and build my reputation in the industry. I believe a job out of the sate provides me with a perfect opportunity to make new contacts in a different state, something that I will not be able to do if I choose to stay with my current employer. I will remain in touch with my current contacts as I build new ones.
Planning the next course of action
Now that I have decided to accept the offer made by the competitor, I will first inform my family members of my decision to relocate before giving a formal acceptance to the competitor and tendering my resignation to my employer. Once I obtain the blessings of my family, I will verbally discuss with my supervisor of my intention to resign in the next one day. The verbal discussion will be a precursor to my resignation letter that I will write when my supervisor has released me from my obligations. I will give my current employer two-weeks notice during which time I will collaborate with my replacement to teach them all that is expected of them in the role I play. Once I am through serving my two-week notice, I will request my new employer to grant a two-week leave in order to arrange for my relocation. In the two-week duration, I intend to spend between three and five days relocating and the rest of the time I will spend on learning the new town. This will ensure that I have sufficient time to prepare myself so that I am able to hit the ground running once I report to my new job. Using the proposed six-step approach to problem solving helps me to be able to critically evaluate my problem of increasing my income and resolving which is the best alternative of growing my income between either staying with my current employer or accepting the competitors offer. I believe I have reached at a rational decision after critically examining all the pros and cons of each alternative.
The Problem Solving Process. (n.d.). Retrieved March 05, 2016, from http://www.gdrc.org/decision/problem-solve.html
Cite this page
Share with friends using:
Finished papers: 1020
This paper is created by writer with
If you want your paper to be:
Well-researched, fact-checked, and accurate
Original, fresh, based on current data
Eloquently written and immaculately formatted
275 words = 1 page double-spaced
Can't find a free sample that matches your requirements?
Subscribe to WowEssays Premium and get access to over 1 MILLION high-quality downloadable samples
GET ACCESS NOW
Password recovery email has been sent to [email protected]
Use your new password to log in
You are not register!
Short on a deadline?
Don't waste time. Get help with 11% off using code - GETWOWED
No, thanks! I'm fine with missing my deadline
- +44 20 8144 7946
- +1 (253) 235 4136
Custom essays, order essay services, essay writing help online, write my essay, essay writers for hire, academic essay writing, best essay writing services, essay writing services uk, english essay writing services, other essay services, how to place an order:.
- Select your academic level and the number of pages and pick a desired deadline
- Then press “Order Now”
- Add your instructions
- Choose writer’s category
- Make a payment
- Get your paper before the deadline
Online assignment writing service, assignment help, coursework paper writing, assignment writing services, buy assignment online, coursework writing service, research paper services, research proposal writing service, term papers writing services, research paper help, pay for research papers, academic research paper service, research papers writing services, buy a research paper, college papers for sale, annotated bibliography help, thesis services, thesis report writing services, thesis editing services, thesis writing services, phd services, phd writing services, phd proposal writing service, buy phd thesis, phd research and literature review, phd thesis editing, dissertation services, dissertation writing services, buy dissertation online, custom dissertation writing help service, dissertation proposal services, write my dissertation, dissertation editing services, dissertation literature review writing, dissertation consultation services, dissertation survey help, mba dissertation writing services, mba essay writing, mba dissertation editing, mba assignment help, mba thesis writing help, mba personal statement writing, law services, law dissertation writing services, law coursework writing services, bvc/bptc writing service – bvc/bptc opinion & drafting writing, law essay writing services, law assignment writing services, law report writing service, all subjects, university application help, college admission writing service, cover letter writing, college application help service, personal statement writing help service, resume writing help, bursary and scholarships application help, ucas application help, buy essay papers canada, buy essay papers uae, buy essay papers saudi arabia, buy essay papers new zealand, buy essay papers usa, buy essay papers uk, buy essay papers qatar, buy essay papers australia, buy essay papers ireland.
- Sample Essays
- Our Guarantee
Free Writing Tools
It’s so easy to contact us.
Just send us an email, give us a phone call or you can visit our professional and friendly UK team for an excellent level of service delivery. An easier way is just to drop us a message on our Live ChatBox on the bottom right of the page
- 24/7 Live Support
If you have any questions and want to find more about our services, kindly check our information
Unique Problem Solution Essay Topics
- February 25, 2023
- Blogs , Essay Topics , General
Are you looking to improve your writing skills this year? If so, consider exploring problem solution essay topics. These types of essays not only offer a chance to perfect your writing abilities but also allow for the expression of ideas that can have a tangible impact on society.
Problem solution essay topics are used to find issues, challenges, or problems in our society and offer realistic ways to solve them. These essays can be quite complicated to write, but they offer an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in the world. In fact, problem-solving essay topics can go beyond the academic scope and have a significant community impact.
There are numerous problem solution essay ideas to choose from, making it crucial to select a topic that can be worded persuasively and address important social challenges. As a result, in this article, we have created a list of examples of problem solution essay topics, along with ideas that can help readers make a difference in their community.
For instance, some of the topics include solutions to reducing plastic waste, addressing climate change, improving mental health access, and combating fake news. By picking these kinds of topics, readers can make a big difference in their communities and beyond.
Problem solution essay topics are a great way to improve your writing skills and make a real difference in the world. By choosing a topic that deals with a social problem, writers can make powerful essays that get people to act and bring about change.
51 Problem Solution Essay Ideas
- Reducing plastic waste – this topic can explore solutions to the environmental impact of plastic waste.
- Addressing climate change – this topic can explore practical solutions for mitigating the effects of climate change.
- Improving mental health access – this topic can look at ways to make mental health services more accessible to people.
- Combating fake news – this topic can examine strategies to counter the spread of misinformation and disinformation.
- Reducing income inequality – this topic can examine solutions to the growing gap between the rich and the poor.
- Improving public transportation – this topic can explore ways to improve access to affordable and reliable public transportation.
- Addressing the opioid epidemic – this topic can examine ways to reduce opioid addiction and overdose rates.
- Reducing food waste – this topic can explore practical solutions to reduce the amount of food waste in households and businesses.
- Improving education outcomes – this topic can examine strategies to improve student achievement and reduce achievement gaps.
- Addressing homelessness – this topic can explore solutions to reduce homelessness rates and improve access to housing.
- Reducing air pollution – this topic can examine ways to reduce the harmful effects of air pollution on public health.
- Improving workplace diversity – this topic can explore strategies to increase diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Addressing police brutality – this topic can examine ways to reduce police violence against civilians and improve police-community relations.
- Reducing prescription drug costs – this topic can explore solutions to reduce the cost of prescription drugs and improve access to medication.
- Improving cybersecurity – this topic can examine strategies to improve online security and protect against cyber attacks.
- Addressing racial inequality – this topic can explore solutions to reduce racial disparities in access to education, healthcare, and economic opportunities.
- Reducing gun violence – this topic can examine ways to reduce gun violence rates and improve public safety.
- Improving renewable energy sources – this topic can explore ways to increase the use of renewable energy sources to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
- Addressing gender inequality – this topic can examine solutions to reduce gender disparities in access to education, healthcare, and economic opportunities.
- Reducing alcohol abuse – this topic can explore ways to reduce rates of alcohol abuse and addiction.
- Improving access to clean water – this topic can examine solutions to improve access to safe and clean drinking water.
- Addressing income stagnation – this topic can explore ways to increase wages and improve economic opportunities for workers.
- Reducing cyberbullying – this topic can examine ways to reduce the harmful effects of online bullying.
- Improving healthcare access – this topic can explore solutions to improve access to healthcare services and reduce healthcare disparities.
- Addressing discrimination in the workplace – this topic can examine strategies to reduce discrimination based on race, gender, age, or other factors.
- Reducing obesity rates – this topic can explore ways to reduce obesity rates and improve public health.
- Improving mental health awareness – this topic can examine strategies to increase awareness and reduce stigma surrounding mental health issues.
- Addressing eldercare – this topic can explore solutions to improve care for the elderly and reduce elder abuse.
- Reducing domestic violence – this topic can examine ways to reduce domestic violence rates and improve support for victims.
- Improving road safety – this topic can explore solutions to reduce traffic accidents and improve road safety.
- Addressing animal cruelty – this topic can examine ways to reduce animal cruelty and improve animal welfare.
- Reducing teenage pregnancy rates – this topic can explore ways to reduce teenage pregnancy rates and improve access to sex education and birth control.
- Improving voting access – this topic can examine strategies to improve access to voting and reduce voter suppression.
- continue from improving voting access – this topic can
- explore solutions to increase voter turnout and engagement in elections.
- Addressing income inequality in sports – this topic can examine ways to reduce the pay gap between male and female athletes.
- Reducing cybercrime – this topic can explore solutions to reduce the risk of cybercrime and improve online security.
- Improving rural healthcare access – this topic can examine strategies to improve access to healthcare services in rural areas.
- Addressing police accountability – this topic can explore ways to increase police accountability and transparency in the justice system.
- Reducing college tuition costs – this topic can examine solutions to reduce the high cost of college education and student loan debt.
- Improving public park access – this topic can explore ways to improve access to public parks and green spaces in urban areas.
- Addressing workplace harassment – this topic can examine strategies to reduce harassment in the workplace and improve support for victims.
- Reducing child poverty – this topic can explore solutions to reduce child poverty rates and improve economic opportunities for families.
- Improving renewable energy infrastructure – this topic can examine ways to improve infrastructure to support renewable energy sources.
- Addressing food insecurity – this topic can explore solutions to reduce food insecurity rates and improve access to healthy food.
- Reducing racial profiling – this topic can examine ways to reduce racial profiling by law enforcement and improve police-community relations.
- Improving disaster response – this topic can explore strategies to improve disaster response efforts and reduce the impact of natural disasters.
- Addressing the digital divide – this topic can examine solutions to reduce the gap in access to technology and digital resources.
- Reducing child abuse – this topic can explore ways to reduce child abuse rates and improve support for victims.
- Improving access to affordable housing – this topic can examine strategies to improve access to affordable housing and reduce homelessness rates.
- Addressing environmental racism – this topic can explore ways to reduce the disproportionate impact of environmental issues on marginalized communities.
Choosing Problem Solution Essay Topics
Choosing a problem-solution topic can be a challenging task, but with the right approach, it can be simplified. Here are some steps to follow when selecting a problem-solution topic:
Step 1: Identify an issue or problem that you are passionate about
The first step is to identify a problem or issue that you care about. This could be a social issue, a personal problem, or an issue in your community. It is essential to choose a topic that you are passionate about because that will make it easier for you to research and write about it.
Step 2: Research the issue or problem
Once you have identified a problem or issue, it is time to research it. Look for reliable sources of information, such as academic journals, government reports, and news articles, to get a deeper understanding of the issue. Find out what is causing the problem, who is affected by it, and how it affects society as a whole.
Step 3: Consider potential solutions
After researching the problem or issue , it’s time to consider potential solutions. Look for successful programs or policies that have been implemented to address similar issues. Think about how possible each solution is, including the resources needed, the people who would be affected, and any potential problems.
Step 4: Choose a solution that aligns with your values
Once you have identified potential solutions, it’s time to choose one that aligns with your values. Think about how the solution will affect society and whether or not it fits with your own beliefs and values.
Step 5: Write a problem solution essay
Once you have chosen a solution, it’s time to write a problem-solution essay. Begin by introducing the problem, including its causes and impact on society. Then, present your chosen solution and explain how it will address the problem. Lastly, talk about the problems and problem spots that might come up during the implementation of the solution and suggest ways to get around them.
Choosing a problem-solution topic requires careful consideration and research. By following the steps above, you can find a topic that you’re interested in and make a well-researched case for the solution you’ve chosen.
20 Examples of Problem Solution Essay Topics
- Obesity in Children: Talk about what causes children to be overweight and offer ways to stop or lessen it.
- Cyberbullying: Talk about how cyberbullying affects people and suggest ways to stop or lessen it.
- Homelessness: Look at what causes people to be homeless and offer ways to help them get off the streets.
- Climate change: Talk about what causes and effects it has, and offer ways to stop or lessen its effects.
- Gun control: look at how gun laws are now in the US and suggest ways to stop gun violence.
- Drug addiction: examine the causes and effects of drug addiction and suggest ways to stop it or treat it.
- Police brutality: Talk about how police brutality affects society and offer ways to stop it.
- Affordable housing: analyze the current state of affordable housing and present solutions to provide safe and affordable housing for all.
- Mental health: Talk about how mental health affects people and offer ways to improve care for mental health.
- Domestic violence: Talk about how domestic violence affects people and give ways to stop or lessen it.
- Human trafficking: analyze the causes and impacts of human trafficking and present solutions to prevent or reduce it.
- Educational inequality: discuss the impact of educational inequality on society and present solutions to provide equal educational opportunities for all.
- Poverty: analyze the causes and impacts of poverty and present solutions to reduce poverty rates.
- Healthcare access: discuss the impact of healthcare access on individuals and present solutions to improve access to healthcare.
- Environmental pollution: Talk about the effects of pollution on society and offer ways to stop or lessen pollution.
- Immigration: analyze the current state of immigration policies and present solutions to improve the immigration system.
- Gender Inequality: Discuss the impact of gender inequality on society and present solutions to promote gender equality.
- Access to clean water: Discuss the impact of a lack of access to clean water and present solutions to improve access to clean water.
- Road safety: analyze the causes of road accidents and present solutions to prevent or reduce accidents.
- Access to Technology: Discuss the impact of a lack of access to technology on society and present solutions to improve access to technology.
20 Problem Solution Speech Topics
- Mental health stigma: Discuss the impact of stigma surrounding mental health and present solutions to reduce stigma.
- Overcrowded prisons: Analyze the causes of overcrowded prisons and present solutions to reduce prison populations.
- Police reform: Discuss the need for police reform and present solutions to improve policing practices.
- Internet privacy: Analyze the current state of internet privacy and present solutions to protect individual privacy online.
- Food waste: Discuss the impact of food waste on the environment and present solutions to reduce food waste.
- Elder care: Discuss the impact of the aging population on elder care and present solutions to improve care for seniors.
- Sexual assault on college campuses: Analyze the causes of sexual assault on college campuses and present solutions to prevent or reduce it.
- Mental health in schools: Discuss the impact of mental health on students and present solutions to improve mental health resources in schools.
- Gun violence: Analyze the causes of gun violence and present solutions to reduce gun violence rates.
- Online harassment: Discuss the impact of online harassment on individuals and present solutions to prevent or reduce it.
- Healthcare affordability: Analyze the current state of healthcare affordability and present solutions to improve access to affordable healthcare.
- Energy conservation: Discuss the impact of energy consumption on the environment and present solutions to conserve energy.
- Domestic abuse: Analyze the causes and impact of domestic abuse and present solutions to prevent or reduce it.
- Animal cruelty: Discuss the impact of animal cruelty on animals and present solutions to prevent animal cruelty.
- Access to education: Analyze the current state of education access and present solutions to provide equal educational opportunities for all.
- Cybersecurity: Discuss the impact of cyber attacks and present solutions to improve cybersecurity measures.
- Childcare: Discuss the impact of lack of access to affordable childcare and present solutions to improve access to quality childcare.
- Immigration reform: Analyze the current state of immigration policies and present solutions to improve the immigration system.
- Homelessness: Discuss the causes and impact of homelessness and present solutions to provide safe and affordable housing for all.
- Teenage pregnancy: Analyze the causes and impact of teenage pregnancy and present solutions to prevent or reduce teenage pregnancy rates.
10 Problem Solution Topics for Psychology Essays
Psychology provides numerous excellent topics for problem-solution essays. Write about one of the following concepts involving how people think and interact with one another:
- Eating disorders affect millions of people worldwide, posing a unique challenge for mental health professionals and society as a whole. What can society do to help prevent the development of eating disorders?
- Some advertisements and propaganda exploit people’s fear to persuade them to act in a certain way or buy a product. How can consumers improve their critical thinking skills and become less susceptible to this type of messaging?
- Many teenagers suffer from depression. What can parents and teachers do to help?
- Memories are highly subjective and can change as a result of new information or the influence of another person. What are some ways to tell if a memory is true?
- Some parents of special-needs children struggle to find assistance for their children. Many disorders, however, respond to early intervention. How can society assist parents in obtaining assistance for their children who require it?
- Despite their best efforts, many students continue to face bullying at school and online. What can the rest of society do to help?
- Senior citizens in many countries face the mental health issue of isolation and loneliness. What are some strategies for getting seniors the social contact they may require?
- Boys and girls are exposed to stereotypical gender roles as they grow up through toys, praise, expectations, and other means. How can we change these stereotypes?
- Some parents put a lot of pressure on their children to succeed in school and in life. When unexpected challenges arise or the children fail to meet the parents’ expectations, it can be emotionally devastating for everyone. What is the best way to prevent this from happening?
- Birth order can influence how parents treat their children as well as how children perceive themselves. What are some ways that people can become more aware of how birth order affects development?
Problem-solution topics can be a powerful tool for educating, engaging, and encouraging individuals to take action towards making a difference in society. From addressing mental health stigma and gun violence to making education and health care more accessible and affordable, these topics offer a wide range of ways to solve some of the most important problems of our time.
Peachy Essay Writing Services can help you write or give a speech about a problem and how to solve it in the best way possible. It is a team of experienced writers that can help you craft a well-researched and well-written essay that will grab your readers’ attention and encourage them to take action. So why wait? Contact Peachy Essay Writing Services today and let them help you make a difference!
Essay services, assignment services, mba services, by subjects, give your grades a boost, top academic writers ready, to help with your research proposal, connect with us.
Just ask our team to "write my essay" and then sit back and relax. We'll get it done.
Safe & Trusted
Your Peachy Essay purchase is secure and we're rated 4.5/5
All work is written to order. No plagiarism, guaranteed!
We're here to answer any questions you have about our services
Peachy Essay provides model essays for tutoring and learning purposes only. At the end of the day, it’s the students responsibility to do their own research and work. And therefore, submit their own work. We are a strong believer in academic integrity and have a “zero tolerance policy” on plagiarism. Therefore, all our works will be submitted with a FREE Turnitin plagiarism report.
© 2007 — 2022 Peachy Essay. All Rights Reserved.
Free IELTS lessons signup
- Academic practice
- General practice
- Task 1 Academic
- Task 1 General
- Task 2 (essay)
IELTS Writing: problem and solution essay
In this lesson you’ll learn how to answer problems/solutions questions in IELTS Writing . This type of questions gives you an issue and asks you to describe some common problems associated with it and propose some possible solutions.
- See problem-solution question sample
- Learn how to generate ideas
- Learn band 9 answering strategies
- See full band 9 answer
This is an example of problem-solution question in IELTS Writing:
Despite a large number of gyms, a sedentary lifestyle is gaining popularity in the contemporary world.
What problems are associated with this?
What solutions can you suggest?
How to answer the question?
Before starting to write your answer, you should think of 1-2 problems and 1-2 solutions, so you know what to write about. In our case:
Problems associated with sedentary lifestyle :
- problems with backbone (osteoporosis, scoliosis)
- promote walking and cycling as safe and attractive alternatives to motorized transport
- promote visiting gyms and doing exercises
Now, after we’ve generated some ideas for our essay, it’s time to use them in our writing .
Remember : it’s not enough to simply state these facts, you should also extend the ideas in your writing.
Band 9 answer structure
Although there are many possible ways to structure your essay, we’ll use this band 9 answer structure that has been approved by many IELTS examiners:
Band-9 essay structure:
- Body paragraph 1 - problems
- Body paragraph 2 - effects
Let’s take a look at each of these sections in detail:
Introduction Write your introduction in two sentences:
- Sentence 1 - paraphrase the statement (you can use ‘nowadays/today/these days’ to start):
These days a sedentary lifestyle is becoming more and more popular despite a big number of sport facilities.
- Sentence 2 - say what you’ll write about in your essay:
This essay will discuss the main problems associated with this epidemic and propose some possible solutions to avoid them.
Body paragraph 1- problems
- Sentence 1 - summarise the main problems of inactive lifestyle:
The main problems caused by inactive lifestyle are obesity and various spine disorders.
- Sentences 2-3 - state and explain the first problem (you can also give an example). It’s very important to expand your opinion! Imagine that your examiner doesn’t know this subject at all and you have to explain everything in detail:
A growing number of body research shows that long periods of physical inactivity raise a risk of becoming overweight. This is because people burn fewer calories and easily gain weight.
- Sentences 4-5 - describe the second problem (as usual, expand your opinion). You can give an example and use linking words ‘ moreover’ , ’ what’s more’ or ‘ also ’ to start:
What’s more, a lot of studies show that so-called ‘sitting disease’ often results in posture and backbone problems. Due to constant sitting, person loses muscle tissue and curves spine, developing numerous spinal diseases. For example, it has been proven that about 80% of people experience backache at least once a week.
Body paragraph 2 - solutions
- Sentence 1 - briefly state the main solutions:
In my opinion, the best solution to this problem is promoting active lifestyle.
- Sentences 2-3 - write the first solution and explain it:
Firstly, millions of people stay less active because they use cars instead of walking. Therefore, an effective way to make people more active is to advertise walking and cycling as safe and attractive alternatives to motorized transport.
Moreover, inactive lifestyle is gaining popularity because nowadays a lot of people prefer passive rest to workouts in the gym. And the best way to avoid the hazards of unhealthy living is to obtain a regular dose of physical activity. Thus, promoting gyms and regular exercising would increase the level of activity.
Write your conclusion in 2 sentences by summing up the problems and solutions you’ve written in your body paragraphs:
In conclusion, leading a sedentary lifestyle causes a lot of health problems, including obesity and spinal diseases. The most effective solution is to increase the level of fitness among the society by advertising physical activity.
Band 9 answer sample
These days a sedentary lifestyle is becoming more and more popular despite a big number of sport facilities. This essay will discuss the main problems associated with this epidemic and propose some possible solutions to avoid them.
The main problems caused by inactive lifestyle are obesity and various spine disorders. A growing number of body research shows that long periods of physical inactivity raise a risk of becoming overweight. This is because people burn fewer calories and easily gain weight. What’s more, a lot of studies show that so-called ‘sitting disease’ often results in posture and backbone problems. Due to constant sitting, person loses muscle tissue and curves spine, developing numerous spinal diseases. For example, it has been proven that about 80% of people experience backache at least once a week.
In my opinion, the best solution to these problems is promoting active lifestyle. Firstly, millions of people stay less active because they use cars instead of walking. Therefore, an effective way to make people more active is to advertise walking and cycling as safe and attractive alternatives to motorized transport. Moreover, inactive lifestyle is gaining popularity because nowadays a lot of people prefer passive rest to workouts in the gym. And the best way to avoid the hazards of unhealthy living is to obtain a regular dose of physical activity. Thus, promoting gyms and regular exercising would increase the level of activity.
- IELTS Scores
- Life Skills Test
- Find a Test Centre
- General Training
- Academic Word List
- Topic Vocabulary
- Phrasal Verbs
- Academic Reading
- All eBooks & Courses
- Task 2 Lessons & Tips
- Problem Solution Essays
IELTS Problem Solution Essays
Problem solution essays are a type of essay question sometimes given to you in the test.
In this type of essay you need to discuss the problems with regards to a particular topic and then suggest possible solutions to these problems.
One of the first things you want to make sure that you are able to do is identfy one of these questions when it arises.
Here are some examples of this type of question.
Problem Solution Essay Questions:
Overpopulation of urban areas has led to numerous problems.
Identify one or two serious ones and suggest ways that governments and individuals can tackle these problems.
Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basis and a large number of children play computer games.
What are the negative impacts of playing computer games and what can be done to minimize the bad effects?
The internet has transformed the way information is shared and consumed, but it has also created problems that did not exist before.
What are the most serious problems associated with the internet and what solutions can you suggest?
In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing.
What problems will this cause for individuals and society?
Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of ageing populations.
An important note. Some essays ask for reasons and solutions, not problems and solutions. Writing about a reason (or cause) is not the same as writing about a problem.
Check these model essays to see the difference.
IELTS Problem Solution Essay Example
In order to understand these types of problem solution essays further and how to organize your writing, we'll look at a problem solution example essay:
The enormous growth in the use of the internet over the last decade has led to radical changes to the way that people consume and share information. Although serious problems have arisen as a result of this, there are solutions.
One of the first problems of the internet is the ease with which children can access potentially dangerous sites. For example, pornography sites are easily accessible to them because they can register with a site and claim to be an adult. There is no doubt that this affects their thoughts and development, which is a negative impact for the children and for society. Another major problem is the growth of online fraud and hacking. These days, there are constant news stories about government and company websites that have been hacked, resulting in sensitive information falling into the hands of criminals.
It is important that action is taken to combat these problems. Governments should ensure that adequate legislation and controls are in place that will prevent young people from accessing dangerous sites, such as requiring more than simply confirming that you are an adult to view a site. Parents also have a part to play. They need to closely monitor the activities of their children and restrict their access to certain sites, which can now be done through various computer programs. Companies must also improve their onsite IT security systems to make fraud and hacking much more difficult by undertaking thorough reviews of their current systems for weaknesses.
To conclude, the internet is an amazing technological innovation that has transformed people’s lives, but not without negative impacts. However, with the right action by individuals, governments and businesses, it can be made a safe place for everyone.
Writing about Problems
From the problem solution essay, look at the problems paragraph, and answer the following questions (then click on the link below to see the answers):
- How many problems are discussed?
- What are they?
- What expressions are used to introduce the problems?
- How are the problems illustrated further?
- What results are discussed for each problem?
Show / hide answers
1) How many problems are discussed?
2) What are they?
children can access potentially dangerous sites growth of online fraud and hacking
3) What expressions are used to introduce the problems?
One of the first problems of the internet is... Another major problem is...
4) How are the problems illustrated further?
For example, pornography sites are easily accessible to them because they can register with a site and claim to be an adult. These days, there are constant news stories about government and company websites that have been hacked.
5) What results are discussed for each problem?
There is no doubt that this affects their thoughts and development, which is a negative impact for the children and for society.
...resulting in sensitive information falling into the hands of criminals.
Your answers to these questions should tell you a lot about how to plan and organize a problem paragraph.
You only need two or three problems as remember you do not have much time and you need to explain the problems.
When you brainstorm your ideas for problem solution essays, think about (a) what the problem is (b) how you will explain it (c) and what the effect is . Your paragraph will then follow this pattern.
Here is an example of the brainstorming for this paragraph:
Problem 1: children can access potentially dangerous sites
- Explanation / Example: Pornography sites
- Result: Affects thought & development - negative for children & society
Problem 2: growth of online fraud and hacking
- Explanation / Example: Evident from the constant news stories
- Result: Criminals get sensitive information
Here they are illustrated in the paragraph, with the introductory expressions underlined:
One of the first problems of the internet is the ease with which children can access potentially dangerous sites . For example, pornography sites are easily accessible to them because they can register with a site and claim to be an adult . There is no doubt that this affects their thoughts and development, which is a negative impact for the children and for society . Another major problem is the growth of online fraud and hacking . These days, there are constant news stories about government and company websites that have been hacked , resulting in sensitive information falling into the hands of criminals.
Writing about Solutions
Answer the following questions about the solutions paragraph:
- How many solutions are given?
- What three different groups of people does the writer say are responsble for these solutions?
- How would the solutions be implemented?
- What three modal verb structures are used to make the suggestions?
1) How many solutions are given?
adequate legislation and controls monitor the activities of children / restrict access improve company IT security systems
3) What three different groups of people does the writer say are responsble for these solutions?
Governments Parents Companies
Stricter criteria for accessing sites Using computer programs Reviewing current IT systems for weaknesses
5) What three modal verb structures are used to make the suggestions?
should need to must
Your answers to these questions provide you with some key tips on writing a solutions paragraph. Some of these points are now explained further.
a) The people involved
When you come to brainstorm your solutions, think of the key 'actors' who are involved. It is usually governments and individuals in some way or another.
There may be another group specifically realted to the topic. For example, in this case it is companies and parents. If you are discussing crime it could be the police. If it is violence on TV it could be TV and film producers.
You can then brainstorm your ideas under each 'group' and organize them in the same way.
b) Developing your solutions
Also, try to make sure your solutions are not too simplistic. It's all too easy to make sweeping generalizations about what people can do. For example, look at this idea:
The government should introduce stricter laws.
It it common to see such statements in IELTS problem solution essays with no further explantion. Give more detail about how or why this would work. For example:
Governments should ensure that adequate legislation and controls are in place that will prevent young people from accessing dangerous sites, such as requiring more than simply confirming that you are an adult to view a site.
Some specific detail has now been given on how this solution could work.
b) Modal Verbs
Modal verbs can be used to make suggestions in problem solution essays. These are usually found in solutions paragraphs.
Check out this grammar lesson if you are unsure how to use modal verbs .
Here again is a plan for the problem solution essay for the solutions paragraph:
Solution 1: Governments
- Idea: Adequate legislation and controls for young people
- How: More complex website access criteria
Solution 2: Parents
- Idea: Monitor children and restrict access
- How: Use a computer program
Solution 3: Companies
- Idea: Improve IT security systems
- How: Review current systems in place
Here is the paragraph again. Note how it follows the plan and the clear topic sentence that tells the reader the essay is moving on to discuss solutions (modals verbs are underlined):
It is important that action is taken to combat these problems. Governments should ensure that adequate legislation and controls are in place that will prevent young people from accessing dangerous sites , such as requiring more than simply confirming that you are an adult to view a site . Parents also have a part to play. They need to closely monitor the activities of their children and restrict their access to certain sites , which can now be done through various computer programs. Companies must also improve their onsite IT security systems to make fraud and hacking much more difficult by undertaking thorough reviews of their current systems for weaknesses.
<<< Previous Lesson
Next Lesson >>>
- All Lessons
Band 7+ eBooks
"I think these eBooks are FANTASTIC!!! I know that's not academic language, but it's the truth!"
Linda, from Italy, Scored Band 7.5
View the eBooks
Before you go...don't miss getting the score you need! Check out the IELTS buddy Band 7+ eBooks
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
- Band Score Calculator
- Writing Feedback
- Teacher Resources
- Free Downloads
- Recent Essay Exam Questions
- Books for IELTS Prep
- Useful Links
IELTS Reading Mock Test Academic
Feb 20, 23 07:46 AM
IELTS Bar Chart: Modes of Transport in a European City
Feb 16, 23 03:44 AM
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample Answers
Feb 14, 23 09:10 AM
IELTS Writing IELTS Speaking IELTS Listening IELTS Reading All Lessons Vocabulary Academic Task 1 Academic Task 2 Practice Tests
Connect with us
Copyright © 2022- IELTSbuddy All Rights Reserved
IELTS is a registered trademark of University of Cambridge, the British Council, and IDP Education Australia. This site and its owners are not affiliated, approved or endorsed by the University of Cambridge ESOL, the British Council, and IDP Education Australia.
Problem Solution Essay Example From an Expert Writer
In adult life, you constantly need to solve various problems — career, family, money, and others. Therefore, it’s better to boost your problem solving skills now, when you are still studying. Such skills will definitely ease your life. One of the stages of settling the issue is analyzing it thoroughly. Every now and then teachers ask their students to complete a problem solution essay. If this is the case, you might need additional information besides the teacher’s instructions. On this page, you will be able to find the example of the mentioned type of essay. It was created by an experienced writer from EssayShark.com.
How to Reduce Prejudice?
Reducing prejudice in a society should begin as individuals develop personal objectives and goals toward the issue. An individual may be successful in challenging their prejudicial behavior through various methods such as developing more ethical and moral actions. Society can become more conscious about prejudice through recognition of discriminating prejudicial viewpoints, actions to change these perceptions, and increasing exposure to a stereotyped group or individual.
The initial step which is an important part in reducing prejudice is the willingness of an individual to educate themselves about stereotypes and prejudicial behaviors existing in society. By challenging their social norms through more awareness and education, an individual may change existing viewpoints positively. By first recognizing and acknowledging that prejudicial behaviors exist, an individual can then take initiative to further educate themselves on the issue and ultimately reduce their prejudicial beliefs they may have towards others through various methods. Taking a course on ethnic diversity or equality, for example, can be a form of education. According to findings, “education reduces prejudice, regardless of what particular courses you take” (Sidanius et al. 36 ). Gaining more knowledge and insight about a specific issue can aid in helping an individual challenge existing beliefs. Another step that can be taken to reduce an individual’s prejudicial perception is through more exposure and interaction with those they consider different from themselves or the norm. According to a cognitive analysis carried out by researches about the effects of intergroup contact, as we interact with individuals of a group, we may focus more on the individual than the group to which they are associated within the social norms. This allows individuals to examine the idea “that our global and undifferentiated group stereotypes are actually not that informative” (Rothbart and John 41). Socializing and communicating with diverse groups of people, a person may reach the conclusion that their personal perspective of a person is different from the stereotypical associations they are accustomed to after getting to know them better. Exposure can therefore aid in diminishing stereotypical perceptions that people may have by challenging their existing viewpoints.
Making connections and engaging in social interactions is a part of human nature. As individuals, grouping others based on predisposed ideas and stereotypes may only escalate the issue of prejudice existing in society. This matter may increase the destructive influences placed on specific individuals. Challenging prejudicial ideas through recognition, knowledge, and willingness to communicate and develop relationships may aid in reducing existing prejudicial beliefs and ideas.
Rothbart, Myron, and Oliver P. John. “Social Categorization and Behavioral Episodes: A Cognitive Analysis of the Effects of Intergroup Contact.” Journal of Social Issues, vol. 41, no. 3, 1985, pp. 81–104. Sidanius, Jim, et al. “Social Dominance Orientation, Gender, and Increasing Educational Exposure.” Journal of Applied Social Psychology, vol. 36, no. 7, 2006, pp. 1640–1653. Stangor, Charles. Principles of Social Psychology – 1st International Edition. B.C. Open Textbook Project, 26 Sept. 2014.
Our service has gathered many expert writers who are knowledgeable in different spheres. All of them have graduated from higher educational affiliations and attained a certain level of proficiency. The samples that are published on our website are at your service. You can easily use them as you wish. However, we should warn you that plagiarism is a violation of academic rules, so be careful. Also, you should know that you can ask our writers to complete a specific sample within your requirements. If you would like to contact our writers directly, you should fill the order form. They can help you to complete a problem solution essay of any length. Apply to us right after reading the sample. We are available 24/7!
- Article review samples
- Bibliography samples
- Biography samples
- Book review samples
- Business paper samples
- Case study samples
- Coursework samples
- Critical thinking samples
- Dissertation samples
- Essay samples
- Lab report samples
- Movie review samples
- Poem analysis samples
- Presentation samples
- Research paper samples
- Research proposal samples
- Speech samples
- Summary samples
- Thesis samples
IELTS Problem Solution Essays – Identification and Tips for Solution
Updated On Dec 06, 2022
- 1.1 Tips for Solution Essays
- 1.2.1 Why do you need an essay structure?
- 1.2.2 STRUCTURE OF THE PROBLEM SOLUTION ESSAY
- 1.2.3 Step-by-step analysis of the problem solution essay
- 1.2.4 How to write an introduction for the above essay?
- 1.3.1 So the introduction is framed :
- 1.3.2 Main body paragraph 2 :
- 1.3.3 Conclusion:
- 1.3.4 Conclusion will look like this:
- 1.3.5 So the completed essay will look like this :
- 2.1 Migration:
- 2.2 Here are the 10 Problem Solution Essay topics IELTS examples:
An essay is meant to evaluate the quality of the writer’s critical thinking as well as your writing skills for academic purposes. English essay rules are more conventional than one might realize, and in many ways, they can be as easy to follow as counting up to five.
The Writing module of the IELTS Academic consists of two tasks, the second of which requires candidates to write an essay in response to the point of view, argument, or problem. One of the various types of essays that can be asked in the IELTS Academic writing task is a problem solution essay.
The problem solution essay in IELTS requires candidates to talk about a certain problem or its causes and suggest possible solutions to the same. The problem-solution essay topics for IELTS can be taken from various sources and are based on real-life situations and issues. It is important to be familiar with the problem solution essay topics for IELTS in order to perform well in writing task 2 .
Identifying IELTS Problem Solution Essays
Each essay type requires a unique structure to be followed. As a first step, we need to identify the type of the essay. Mostly, problem solution essays will be worded as follows:
- One major problem faced by large cities is traffic congestion. What do you think the causes are? What solutions can you suggest ?
- The number of endangered species has increased significantly in this century and we find more mass extinctions in this period than in any other period of time. State some reasons for this and provide possible solutions .
- Overpopulation of urban areas has led to numerous problems . Identify one or two serious ones and suggest ways that the community can tackle these problems.
Mostly, you’ll be asked to write about both the problem, or cause, and the solution to the issue. The first half of the questions state the problem or cause, the second half requires you to find the solutions.
Tips for Solution Essays
Some tips to follow while practicing or writing a Solution essay
- Read and understand the instructions given in the question (sometimes the question might ask to write about the cause of the issue as well).
- Follow the word count (no less than 250 words)
- Plan the problems and solution you wish to write about, before starting to write.
- Start the essay with an introduction paragraph and conclude it with a conclusion paragraph, with the body paragraph between the two.
- If you’re asked to write about both, cause and the solution, then you can write the cause in one body paragraph and the solution in the next body paragraph.
How to plan and write a problem solution essay IELTS?
Firstly, you have to understand the difference between a problem and a cause. It is illustrated in the following example
Problem – Tsunamis occur due to large earthquakes on the seafloor.
Cause – People dump a lot of plastic wastes and other non-biodegradable items which leads to global warming which in turn causes disturbance in the seas.
The ‘cause’ is the reason for the ‘problem’.
Why do you need an essay structure?
- Most common mistakes people make is either writing about the problem in detail and forgetting about the solution or vice-versa. Their essays would not be balanced which will lead to poor scores.
- Another common mistake is giving a generalised opinion on the topic. You are expected to be specific.
So you need a structure to follow which is given below :
STRUCTURE OF THE PROBLEM SOLUTION ESSAY
Step-by-step analysis of the problem solution essay.
Here’s the question we’re going to be answering :
How to write an introduction for the above essay?
- Read the question thoroughly
- Note down the ideas that come to your mind naturally
Locate the topic keywords : They will be contained in the statement part of the question. Eg: Global warming is emerging as a great threat to human survival in the 21st Century. So the question is about Global warming.
Other general keywords: They help you to narrow down the question . Eg: sea levels are continuing to rise at alarming rates. Though there are many effects related to global warming, the rise in sea level is specifically mentioned in the question.
Look for instruction words: Eg: What problems are associated with this and suggest some solutions. So this is a problem and solution essay.
Choose one of the problems and discuss it in detail. Here’s an example:
Problem: Dumping of industrial wastes into the nearby water bodies.
Solution: They must be treated, purified and recycled.
- Wastewater treatment
- Biodegradable products
- Water bodies such as lakes, rivers etc
Paraphrasing the question: Rise in seawater level is one of the serious threats posed on the environment due to global warming.
Outlining the problem and solution: The main reason for this is the letting out of industrial wastes in nearby water bodies and a reliable solution is wastewater treatment.
So the introduction is framed :
The main paragraphs must be organised as follows:
Main body paragraph 1: Letting out of industrial wastes in nearby water bodies
Main body paragraph 2: Industrial wastewater treatment
Main body paragraph 1 :
Central idea: Industries are increasing in number.
Explanation: There are no strict rules in place regarding the environment. So industries let out their wastes into the nearby water bodies such as lakes, rivers, etc which affects the respective eco-system and thereby leading to more serious issues.
Example: As installing a wastewater treatment plant is an additional burden and is costly, it is easier to let the waste water into the nearby water bodies as nobody questions this.
The completed main body paragraph 1 will look like this :
Main body paragraph 2 :
Central idea: Installing Industrial waste water treatment plants could be beneficial to the environment.
Explanation: Industrial wastewater treatment illustrates the processes used for treating wastewater that is produced by industries into a by-product. The treated industrial wastewater may be reused or released to a sanitary sewer.
Examples: There are proven records for reducing water pollution after wastewater treatment.
The completed main body paragraph 2 will look like this :
You need to sum up all that you have said in the previous paragraphs. Use words like In summary, to summarise, to conclude, or as a conclusion, etc. You can give recommendations if any.
Conclusion will look like this:
So the completed essay will look like this :, problem solution essay ielts topics:.
- An increasing number of professionals, such as doctors and teachers, are leaving their own poorer countries to work in developed countries. What problems does this cause? What solutions can you suggest to deal with this situation?
Here are the 10 Problem Solution Essay topics IELTS examples :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Essay Topics
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I write cause and solution in the same paragraph?
How to write a solution paragraph?
What is the difference between a Problem solution essay and a cause solution essay?
How do you analyze a problem solution essay?
How to identify a problem solution essay?
Practice IELTS Writing Task 2 based on Essay types
Soon after graduating with a Master’s in Literature from Southern Arkansas University, she joined an institute as an English language trainer. She has had innumerous student interactions and has produced a couple of research papers on English language teaching. She soon found that non-native speakers struggled to meet the English language requirements set by foreign universities. It was when she decided to jump ship into IELTS training. From then on, she has been mentoring IELTS aspirants. She joined IELTSMaterial about a year ago, and her contributions have been exceptional. Her essay ideas and vocabulary have taken many students to a band 9.
Explore other Problem Solution Essays
Post your Comments
Posted on Jul 8, 2021
I hope the sample questions will help me ace the exam!!! Thank you for the resources.
IELTSMaterial Master Program
1:1 Live Training with Band 9 Teachers
4.9 ( 3452 Reviews )
Pride Hulkul 6th floor no 116 Lalbagh Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560027
- +91 8929053019
- [email protected]
H-4-6, 1st Floor , Model Town II. Block Z2, near Mc Donalds, Delhi - 110009
2nd floor, Unit No 202, Gera Serenity, Wanowrie, Pune 411001
The Executive Zone 766 Annai Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600002
38, GN/5, GN Block, Sector V, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
Reliance Humsafar,Door No.8-2-618/2/201,Road No.11,Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500034
BPTP Centra one, Golf Course Extension Road Baharampur Naya, Sector 61, Ghata, 122102
Kaledonia, RedBrick Offices Ltd, 1st Floor, A Wing Main Door, Cabin No.11, Sahar Road, Opp. DMART, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400069
24/7 writing help on your phone
To install StudyMoose App tap and then “Add to Home Screen”
The Solution to Vaping Problem
Save to my list
Remove from my list
In many schools, vaping is definitely a problem. The worst place that this happens in though is in high schools. This is a huge problem in many schools and it effects the kids from doing what they should be doing.
Many kids think its a “cool” thing to do, but this only makes the effect of it worst. The problem is students that do vape end up being sometimes anxious, irritated easily, and sometimes angry outburst. According to Dr. Scott Gottlieb in The Troubling Popularity of Vaping, “The nicotine in these products can rewire an adolescent’s brain, leading to years of addiction”.
Also from The Trouble Popularity of Vaping, But the flavors, including mango, mint , also make e-cigarettes appealing to kids”. This is also proving that many stores that have this product are also maybe trying to target kids with all these different flavors. Some solutions can be raise smoking legal age or make sure the person who buys it does not give it to some kid they have or found.
Proficient in: Addiction
“ Ok, let me say I’m extremely satisfy with the result while it was a last minute thing. I really enjoy the effort put in. ”
School students vaping has gotten out of control. According to recent studies in The Popularity of Vaping, “A 2017 study found that 19 percent of 12th graders had vaped nicotine in the previous year”. Many teachers would catch students vaping around restrooms or even in class. What is even worse is that some of the students don’t even get caught. Other students would see people vaping around the schools but just keep walking because some of the kids think its a “normal” thing to do.
You won’t be charged yet!
There are many examples of this in so many different schools. Some of the students that don’t smoke though do not know that they are getting affected too with second hand smoke.
There are consequences but some schools barely make them serious. Even though vaping is different from just using cigarettes it can still cause harm the young person that is vaping. Its serious because since there are already so many student addicted to vaping this could spread around making even more students addicted. It is terrible since companies that have something to do with vaping targeting middle and high school kids. Vaping can make many students become addicted since there in nicotine in it which can be very addictive to young people. Many students can end up with bleeding gums and/or breathing problems. While if you vape in school they punishments are different. In school sometimes they will contact the parents making sure they knew their son/daughter was doing this. Sometimes schools will give detentions or suspension.
There are many solutions to help with kids that do vape in school and those who vape on a daily basis. Like raising the legal age, making parents sign something that says that they will not let anyone younger that the legal age to vape. They should probably have to show their ID to the person they are getting it from which they probably already do. The percentage of students vaping in school would go down if these actually happened. Less students would be addicted in the future. Less students will have problems with their health in the future. This shows that the owners are serious and showing that who ever buys this stuff then they are within the legal age and they promise not to do anything illegal. Yet surprisingly many people might not like this. The people that disagree with me could do many things that could make this worst.
Too many students vape in school which can not only affect the school but themselves too and there are many ways people can help stop this. If people don’t do anything about this then this could cause many students more into the future health problems. I still don’t understand why teenagers think that vaping is “cool” yet some know that this could cause some serious health problems.
The Solution to Vaping Problem. (2021, Apr 20). Retrieved from http://studymoose.com/the-solution-to-vaping-problem-essay
"The Solution to Vaping Problem." StudyMoose , 20 Apr 2021, http://studymoose.com/the-solution-to-vaping-problem-essay
StudyMoose. (2021). The Solution to Vaping Problem . [Online]. Available at: http://studymoose.com/the-solution-to-vaping-problem-essay [Accessed: 28 Feb. 2023]
"The Solution to Vaping Problem." StudyMoose, Apr 20, 2021. Accessed February 28, 2023. http://studymoose.com/the-solution-to-vaping-problem-essay
"The Solution to Vaping Problem," StudyMoose , 20-Apr-2021. [Online]. Available: http://studymoose.com/the-solution-to-vaping-problem-essay. [Accessed: 28-Feb-2023]
StudyMoose. (2021). The Solution to Vaping Problem . [Online]. Available at: http://studymoose.com/the-solution-to-vaping-problem-essay [Accessed: 28-Feb-2023]
- Teen Vaping And Its Consequences Pages: 4 (906 words)
- Juuling and Teenagers: Why Vaping is a Dangerous Trend Pages: 3 (898 words)
- Effect of Vaping and Smoking on Health Pages: 4 (960 words)
- Vaping Increase Amount of Smoking Students at School Pages: 2 (420 words)
- The Pros And the Cons Vaping Devices, also Called E-cigarettes Pages: 5 (1448 words)
- Concerns about Youth Vaping Pages: 5 (1412 words)
- Why Vaping is Superior to Cigarette Smoking Pages: 4 (1002 words)
- Informatics Solution Proposal: Problem Identification Pages: 5 (1225 words)
- Are electronic gadgets the problem or the solution? Pages: 3 (655 words)
- Problem-Solution Essay Pages: 3 (835 words)
👋 Hi! I’m your smart assistant Amy!
Don’t know where to start? Type your requirements and I’ll connect you to an academic expert within 3 minutes.
Short on time?
Essay Service Examples Economics Economic Problem
Definition Essay on Economic Problem
- Topics: Economic Problem
- Words: 1210
- This essay sample was donated by a student to help the academic community. Papers provided by EduBirdie writers usually outdo students' samples.
First of all, before talking about the economic problem and what follows it will be better to start with what is the economy as such. So, economics is a term we hear everywhere and is present in all human societies. It is a discipline that studies the description and also analyzes the production, the exchanges, and the consumption of the goods and services of a society. It simply means that economics is a science that analyzes and describes how people living in society provide themselves with what they need in order to survive. Since the dawn of time, we know that different human societies are made up of people having the same custom, culture, and almost similar behaviors and are also constituted of different social classes. All human societies are distinguished from each other according to their geographical location and also their history. Among these societies, however, are the rich and the poor. From where emerges the universal problem which is the economic problem. This is a hidden reality that all human societies have in common.
The economic problem according to Heilbroner is “the way we manage the unlimited needs of all members of society by providing them with material welfare, with limited resources available” (Robert L Heilbroner, 2011). He argues that individuals in poor nations (underdeveloped countries) have some economic independence although they are in poverty. This is because individuals in poor nations are self-sufficient and provide the necessities for their own survival. Individuals living in poor nations are self-reliant because they do everything themselves, they do not depend on another person to do the work for them and their survival depends on their own ability. These individuals are born, raised, and have lived all their lives in that environment so they are used to this mode of life and they don’t have any problem to continue living so. On the other hand, individuals from wealthy nations, lack independence in the sense that they rely on other people for their survival. These individuals use people who have certain skills to do the work that they cannot do themselves. So, with this separation of labor, and the dependence of the individuals of the rich nations on others, there is an advantage for the individuals of the rich nations but if the people doing their work in their place can no longer be able to do it. Individuals from wealthy nations will be clueless because they are just not prepared to do this kind of work and they do know not how to do it.
Therefore, by economic problem, we mean the way in which society distributes materials and resolve them through production and distribution. In terms of production and distribution, these are the two main tasks found in any society. The first task, which is production, consists in guaranteeing a sufficient production of goods and services for one’s personal survival, and the second, which is distribution, consists in distributing the results of its production to generate even more production. However, it is difficult for societies to fulfill these two tasks, firstly to the unlimited need of individuals and secondly for the limited amount of available resources. The society also faces production and distribution difficulties due to a lack of good remuneration to push workers to do a good job or sometimes due to the fact that production is not fully distributed. So, they have to find people to do the job effectively and make sure that people produce the goods and services that society needs. We note then that these two distinct tasks are closely related. To ensure the continuous supply of material, society must ensure that its production is distributed in order to maintain continuous production and the desire to continue working.
- Proper editing and formatting
- Free revision, title page, and bibliography
- Flexible prices and money-back guarantee
These two tasks are at the head of the economic problem that we find everywhere. Therefore, to stabilize this economic problem and accomplish these tasks, we distinguish three solutions that are: by tradition, by command, and finally by the market. For centuries, various societies have used these three solutions to accomplish tasks and solve the economic problem. The first one: is tradition is the oldest technique and the main stabilizing force of societies. It consists in making sons follow the same career as their fathers. This succession allows the transfer of skills from generation to generation and also ensures society has enough working force to perform the tasks required for production and also solve the distribution problem. Heilbroner argues that even in societies that do not necessarily use tradition, custom plays an important role in solving the economic problem. Because of the customs, people have a specific type of work they want to do.
Then we have the second method which is by command. It is a method that started back several centuries and consists of a leader in charge of the economy, who dictates on the tasks to be performed. So, the leader is the one who decides everything, the different people who perform different tasks to provide the goods and services that society needs. This solution is very effective to solve economic problems, especially in difficult times. This solution can have a positive impact and a negative impact in the sense that there is a possibility of improving or reducing the economic efficiency of society. Finally, we have the third method which is the market. This method allows society to secure its own supply without having much recourse to tradition and command. That is, this method allows the economy to regulate itself through the mechanism of supply and demand.
Heilbroner came up with the conclusion that economics is not a physical and technical problem with nature, nor a problem of scarcity and a problem just for individuals but is a human problem. This is because members of society have unlimited needs because they always want more and more. Indeed, society also has non-fixed desires that change all the time. We also note that the performance varies according to the human skills and also according to the energy with the production and the distribution are carried out.
When we hear the word economy, we all tend to think that it is related to the wealth of individuals or nations and that its main purpose is to maximize wealth. But in reality, the main objective of the economy is not to maximize wealth but rather, to provide the goods and services that society needs and also to solve the economic problem by archive production and distribution tasks. As far as human nature is concerned, we are used to thinking that human beings are powerless as an economic individuals, but contrary we understand that they are the ones who have control because they are the ones who constitute a demand for goods and services, and it also because of them and how they decide to perform the work that the production and distribution result varies. Finally, in the case of the history of human beings, we tend to believe that people in developing countries live better and have economic independence, whereas it is quite the opposite. These people rely on other people to do their work; therefore, they lack autonomy. This is why I believe that the people of underdeveloped countries live better in the sense that they have a certain economic independence.
Our writers will provide you with an essay sample written from scratch: any topic, any deadline, any instructions.
Cite this Page
Get your paper done in as fast as 3 hours, 24/7.
Related essay Topics
Popular categories, most popular essays.
- Economic Problem
According to the Syrian Network for Human Rights 206,923 civilians have been killed during the span of Syria’s civil war. It is estimated by the SNHR that 57% of these deaths are due to aerial bombardment. Those that are lucky enough to live through the air raids experience many after-effects, the largest one being P.T.S.D. If they so happen to be injured during the bombings they would be forced to try and make it to one of few makeshift hospitals...
Poverty is a situation wherein human beings aren’t able to afford basic needs. Its definition is short and sweet, but its implications are vast and complex. President Kennedy’s inaugural remarks remind us that “The challenge of global poverty is not new.” Historically, poverty has been an epidemic, killing thousands of people year after year. Over the past several decades, however, there have been very impressive improvements in some parts of the developing world. The United States has witnessed a flourishing...
- World War 1
The Brusilov Offensive, which lasted from June to September 1916, was the straw that broke the camel’s back for Russia. The war was lost when Russia signed the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk following the 1917 revolutions. This essay will argue that the ‘June Advance’ was not necessarily a military failure since it inflicted enormous losses on the Central Powers; however, when the Russian Imperial army also suffered heavy casualties, the campaign became a disastrous moral failure. Nevertheless, this was only one...
“What is poverty?” by Jo Goodwin Parker may be a denotative interpretation of poverty. UN agency the poor area unit and the way the society’s stereotype is injustice. Parker with success describes the poor people’s issues and also the purpose of read that society has for those who sleep in poorness. Apparently, in Seventies the socio-economic condition people was awful and also the indisputable fact that Parker wrote the essay in 1971 may be altogether relatable to the socio-economic conditions...
Economy is a region of the creation, dispersion, or exchanging, and utilization of products and enterprises by various specialists. Comprehended in its broadest sense, ‘The economy is characterized as a social space that stresses the practices, talks, and material articulations related with the generation, utilize, and administration of resources. Economic operators can be people, organizations, associations, or governments. Monetary exchanges happen when two gatherings consent to the esteem or cost of the executed great or administration, generally communicated in specific...
An economic problem or challenge occurs when a country fails to meet the needs or wants of its population with the scarce resources it has. It could be said that when an economy fails to meets its micro and macro-economic goals it creates an economic problem for them. Since 2007 the world has seen a setback economically and even the most stable countries have faced challenges in their economy. While developing countries are spending more on rectifying issues with poverty...
Recession means when the economy of a country falls, and some undesirable situations also occurred due to recession. These causes down fall in employment rate, fall in wages rate, and fall in retail price. Recession may be occurred for two months four months but not more than one year. If it does then these are the not good sign for that country and for global economy also. In 2007 global financial crises occurred this also a recession. It started from...
On May 26, 2015, Bernie Sanders, one of the runner ups for presidential candidacy, holds his “kickoff” event in his hometown Burlington,Vermont. On that day, Sanders discusses the overall being of the American people and the economic problem that hovers over the nation today. The problem is the economic inequality among social classes in America, in which is making the middle class of this country disappear and shrink for the last forty years. In his attempt to run for presidential...
The CPI calculation in the inflation rate is considered as a combination of many goods, which are accumulated within the year. The same products are used in the following year and the next, which means that in the calculation of the inflation rates. The amount of goods and services used in the calculation remains the same with a slight change. On the other hand, the GDP deflator is calculated as a factor of flexible goods and services in the country....
- Get original paper written according to your instructions
- Save time for what matters most
Fair Use Policy
EduBirdie considers academic integrity to be the essential part of the learning process and does not support any violation of the academic standards. Should you have any questions regarding our Fair Use Policy or become aware of any violations, please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
We are here 24/7 to write your paper in as fast as 3 hours.
The Problem of Organizational Toxicity
Organizational toxicity is a combination of dysfunctional behaviours among leaders that causes them to conduct unhealthy organizational practices. Organizational toxicity is driven by disempowering practices, individuals with a mentality of personal entitlement, and resistance to change. Additionally, the increasing challenge of financing care is a significant cause of organizational toxicity in a healthcare system. Influential organizational leaders are tasked with identifying such behaviours and devising strategies that can minimize their effects. In addition, leaders must identify this toxicity early because as it continues, it can slowly but surely lead to a loss of creativity and, ultimately, lower productivity. Porter-O’Grady and Malloch (2017) present ten sources of organizational toxicity that can enable readers to understand the dynamics of the issue and thus formulate strategies to curb it. This essay will review the ten sources and discuss how leaders can handle them to make an organization healthy.
The first toxin found in most organizations is vertical authority structure. An organization’s design, authority, and decision-making can significantly contribute to organizational toxicity. For instance, a vertical organizational structure can reinforce negative behaviours since such structures cause leaders to believe that they are fighting an enemy out there that needs to be controlled. However, depending on an organization’s strategy, size and age, leaders can incorporate healthy behaviours in the organization, such as reducing excessive control over individuals. Nevertheless, leaders can change to other authority structures, such as the horizontal structure that allows employees to be part of decision-making processes. Ultimately, organizations can incorporate both structures since it would benefit their business goals. The second source is inequitable reward and recognition practices. Inequitable pay is a toxin in many organizations, and compensation practices can be termed toxic when unfair and inconsistent reward strategies. To make the organization healthy, leaders can frequently conduct performance reviews to establish a distinction that will ensure fair reward practices for excellently performing employees. Additionally, leaders can standardize their employees’ salaries to ensure equal pay among all employees.
The third source of organizational toxicity is the abuse of power which often occurs at the middle-level management level. According to Porter-O’Grady and Malloch (2017), expert nurses are often selected to lead, whether they have leadership experience. As a result, they end up with title and power in their hands, which they misuse and run into trouble sooner than later. This toxicity primarily occurs when hiring or appointing inexperienced leaders because they are good at their jobs. Chen (2018) outlines that, specifically in medical leadership, organizations must use practical appointment standards that ensure the health institution attracts competent leaders. The fourth source of organizational toxicity is the failure to manage unmotivated employees. It can be overwhelming and draining for leaders to work with unmotivated employees. The big challenge is not to identify the undermotivated employees but to continue working with them despite their minimal work effort. Nevertheless, leaders can take corrective action towards individuals who are not working to their full potential to make an organization healthy. Leow and Leow (2022) suggest that among the most effective strategies is to talk to unmotivated employees to understand the issue from their perspective so that a leader can address their concerns and improve their motivation. This ” talk ” aims to identify the triggers that contribute to an employee’s lack of motivation and connection from work.
The fifth toxin is leaders who are frequently inconsistent and dishonest in word and action. It isn’t delightful when employees are willing to respect and follow, but their leaders do not act per their values and beliefs. Leaders can significantly contribute to unhealthy organizations by passing ambiguous or contradictory messages to their juniors, causing confusion and misunderstandings among employees. Porter-O’Grady and Malloch (2017) outline that leaders often lie when explaining decisions to downsize employees. Nevertheless, leaders can enhance more honest leadership by focusing on the positive outcome of their communication in the workplace. This will effectively create honesty among team members and cultivate a culture of openness in the organization. The sixth source of organizational toxicity is a lack of respect for the workforce. According to Porter-O’Grady and Malloch (2017), leaders of healthcare organizations are known for viewing staff members as the cost of conducting business. Most leaders are known to objectify their employees, failing to consider them well enough. This results in an unhappy, powerless, and dependent workforce, resulting in an unhealthy organization in the long run. Leaders should respect their employees to increase their motivation, maintain individual discipline and cultivate a healthy organizational culture (Elkhwesky et al., 2019). Therefore, leaders can demonstrate that they value employees and prioritize their growth to gain employees’ respect.
The seventh toxin is tolerance of antisocial behaviours in the workplace. These behaviours include bullying, dishonesty, and sexual harassment. The social context of an organization significantly determines how employees think and feel about specific aspects of their jobs. Managers should take a more flexible approach towards antisocial behaviours and take it upon themselves to discourage antisocial behaviours within the workplace while guiding naturally antisocial individuals. The eighth toxin is toxic mentoring. While mentoring is supposed to guide others, some leaders believe that mentoring is an ill-conceived practice that obstructs the necessary adaptations to changes in the work environment. According to Porter-O’Grady and Malloch, toxic mentoring can come about when aspiring leaders seek to please experienced leaders who are idealized, meaning they do not require to be mentored. The experienced leader can talk the aspiring leader through the advantages and impact of healthy mentoring. On the other hand, mentees should be sure they do not end up in a bad mentoring situation.
The ninth source of organizational toxicity is an imbalance between work and personal life. With the advent of the internet, the balance between work and personal life has collapsed for many since technology has opened new opportunities and experiences. Although technology has tremendous positive impacts, overindulging is causing people to lack time for their personal life which is dangerous in reporting high fatigue levels. Organizations that have computerized working systems can regulate the amount of time an employee can spend on their electronic devices to strike a balance between work and personal life. The final toxin is reactive advocacy gone awry. According to Porter-O’Grady and Malloch (2017), advocacy leadership in health care is proactive, and its purpose is to have barriers in the workplace. On the other hand, reactive advocacy consists of ambiguous values and leaders cannot take action to alleviate unhealthy situations. According to Pryor (2020), advocacy leadership is essential in helping leaders compel individuals towards action by bringing them together. Hence, to have a healthy organization, leaders should strive to achieve advocacy by demonstrating its impact through their leadership. In summary, these ten sources of organizational toxicity help leaders discover the line of weaknesses in their leadership, so they may know where to improve.
Chen, T. Y. (2018). Medical leadership: An important and required competency for medical students. Tzu-chi medical journal , 30 (2), 66.
Elkhwesky, Z., Salem, I. E., & Barakat, M. (2019). Diversity management in hotels: The moderating role of empowerment and capability development. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights .
Leow, K., & Leow, S. (2022). The Role of Social Support in Dealing With the Different Types of Stressors: Social Support in the Workplace. In Handbook of Research on the Complexities and Strategies of Occupational Stress (pp. 92-107). IGI Global.
Pryor, J. T. (2020). QUEER ADVOCACY LEADERSHIP: A Queer Leadership Model for Higher Education. Journal of Leadership Education , 19 (1).
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
People management: elon musk’s leadership, marketing communications campaign plan for fresh alive juice brand, essential corporate governance practices for a large private company aimed at transiting to asx listed entity, job satisfaction in saudi aramco, feed-in-tariffs for renewable energy, entrepreneurship in music industry, popular essay topics.
- American Dream
- Artificial Intelligence
- Black Lives Matter
- Bullying Essay
- Career Goals Essay
- Causes of the Civil War
- Child Abusing
- Civil Rights Movement
- Community Service
- Cultural Identity
- Cyber Bullying
- Death Penalty
- Depression Essay
- Domestic Violence
- Freedom of Speech
- Global Warming
- Gun Control
- Human Trafficking
- I Believe Essay
- Importance of Education
- Israel and Palestine Conflict
- Leadership Essay
- Legalizing Marijuanas
- Mental Health
- National Honor Society
- Police Brutality
- Pollution Essay
- Racism Essay
- Romeo and Juliet
- Same Sex Marriages
- Social Media
- The Great Gatsby
- The Yellow Wallpaper
- Time Management
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Violent Video Games
- What Makes You Unique
- Why I Want to Be a Nurse
- Send us an e-mail
Topics are divided into: 1. Social Issues 2. Relationships 3. Sports 4. College Life 5. Education 6. Family Life 7. Driving and Transportation Remember you can adapt these general ideas to fit your own school, town, or situation. Step By Step Writing Guide
49 Problem Solution Essay Topics with Sample Essays Topics Topic Examples Alex Ponomarenko Aug 29, 2021 TABLE OF CONTENTS College Life Issues Family and Social Life Complications Education Issues Sports Topics Driving and Public Transportation Issues Health Topic Complications Animals and Plants Topics Sample Problem Solution Essay
Some sample environment problem solution essays that you attempt are: How can we encourage more countries to work on climate change and take it more seriously? What can everyday people do to help cleanse the waterways from pollution? How can we encourage farming communities to convert to wind or solar farming?
A problem solution essay is a type of persuasive essay. It's a piece of writing that presents a particular problem and provides different options for solving it. It is commonly used for subject exams or IELTS writing tasks. Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page 308 certified professionals on site Learn More
And now, here are the 50 problem and solution essay topics 2022 you have been waiting for: Problem Solution Speech Topics How to tackle police brutality in America. The best solutions that prevent suicides (the permanent solution to a temporary problem). How can we stop mass shootings? The solution to the illegal immigration problem.
Here are five problem-solution essay topics that touch on social problems. 1. Problem: Undocumented immigrants Solution #1: Should the US government step up its deportation of undocumented immigrants, or should it offer asylum for those currently living in the country?
Some of the problem solution essay IELTS topics questions for your practice are as given below: Theme 1 - Cities Nowadays, it is getting difficult for people to enjoy their lives in cities. Why do you think this is? What can the government do to make life in cities more enjoyable?
Problem solution essay topics are of particular interest as they are used to heading problem-solution essays. This type of essay deals with identifying an existent issue, challenge or problem in our society and tangible ways to fix them.
essay examples Table of content 1. What are problem Solution essays? 2. Where do you need them? 3. How to write a problem solution essay in 4 easy steps 4. Step 1. Define the problem, stakeholders, and consequences 5. Step 2. Explore the preconditions 6. Step 3. Gather the materials 7. Step 4: Plan Your Writing 8.
Problem Solution Essays Examples Essay examples Essay topics Writing Tips Questions & answers Choose your topic: All Education Environment Government & Politics Nursing & Health Social Issues Postpartum Depression and Anxiety Disorders in Women 1783 words | 4 Pages Pregnancy is a process of bringing a new life into the world.
Problem Solution Essay Examples SARA Model Of Problem Resolution The situation at Riverside High School requires a method that is conducive to the overall solution of the graffiti being present at such a highly regarded high school.
Hone your problem-solving skills on these sociology topics. Income Inequality Burglary in Your Neighborhood Child Abuse Crime in the Community Keeping Kids Safe From Violence in Schools Consumption and Food Safety Sexual Assault on Campuses Accumulated National Student Debt Incel Subculture and Mass Shootings
Answer: A problem-solution essay example can be prepared using the following steps: I. Study the topic and try to gather the necessary information. II. Identify the problems within the topic and discuss their impact. III. Figure out the possible solutions to the problem and provide evidence to support them.
Nursing Process Authors Name Institutional Affiliation Nursing Process Chapter 15 Critical Thinking Steps Critical thinking is done in three steps. Step one is recognizing that an issue exists, for example a patient problem. Step two is analyzing information concerning the issue, for instance, the clinical data about a patient, and step three ...
Problem and Solution Essay Topics on Criminal Justice Systems The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Criminal Justice System Is the US Criminal Justice System Fair? Racial Disparity in the US Prison System The Problem of Prison Overpopulation in the US The Role of the Criminal Justice System in Addressing Runaway Crime
Sample problem solution essays are the kind that requires you to discuss an issue, address it effectively, and convince the reader to care about it deeply, so they are invested in finding a cure. Only then will they agree with your thoughts. A problem solution essay is much about persuasion and clear reasoning than anything else.
Below is the sample problem-solution essay structure. Introduction Paraphrase and add the main question or topic of the essay. State the problems that you will discuss in the essay. Main Body Paragraphs Paragraph 1 - Problem or the Cause Topic Sentence - Mention the first problem or the main cause. Explanation - Explain the problem in detail.
Problem Solving. GDRC (n.d) argues that problem solving process involves six steps that include problem definition, problem analysis, generating possible solutions, analyzing the solution (s), choosing the best solution (s) and planning the next course of action. I will adopt the six steps in order to resolve my problem.
In this article, we have created a list of examples of problem solution essay topics, along with ideas that can help readers make a difference in the community.
Body paragraph 2 - solutions. Sentence 1 - briefly state the main solutions: In my opinion, the best solution to this problem is promoting active lifestyle. Sentences 2-3 - write the first solution and explain it: Firstly, millions of people stay less active because they use cars instead of walking.
Here again is a plan for the problem solution essay for the solutions paragraph: Solution 1: Governments Idea: Adequate legislation and controls for young people How: More complex website access criteria Solution 2: Parents Idea: Monitor children and restrict access How: Use a computer program Solution 3: Companies Idea: Improve IT security systems
Every now and then teachers ask their students to complete a problem solution essay. If this is the case, you might need additional information besides the teacher's instructions. On this page, you will be able to find the example of the mentioned type of essay. It was created by an experienced writer from EssayShark.com.
The problem solution essay in IELTS requires candidates to talk about a certain problem or its causes and suggest possible solutions to the same. The problem-solution essay topics for IELTS can be taken from various sources and are based on real-life situations and issues. It is important to be familiar with the problem solution essay topics ...
Many kids think its a "cool" thing to do, but this only makes the effect of it worst. The problem is students that do vape end up being sometimes anxious, irritated easily, and sometimes angry outburst. According to Dr. Scott Gottlieb in The Troubling Popularity of Vaping, "The nicotine in these products can rewire an adolescent's brain ...
The economic problem according to Heilbroner is "the way we manage the unlimited needs of all members of society by providing them with material welfare, with limited resources available" (Robert L Heilbroner, 2011). He argues that individuals in poor nations (underdeveloped countries) have some economic independence although they are in ...
This essay will review the ten sources and discuss how leaders can handle them to make an organization healthy. The first toxin found in most organizations is vertical authority structure. An organization's design, authority, and decision-making can significantly contribute to organizational toxicity.