- The A.V. Club
- The Takeout
- The Inventory
🌎 Gun control split
Good morning, Quartz readers!
Here’s what you need to know
The US Supreme Court issued two controversial decisions… A 6-3 vote ruled Americans don’t need a license to carry guns in public, while another limited Miranda rights enforcement.
…as the US Senate passed a gun control bill. The gun safety legislation , likely to pass the House, would be the first to come out of Congress in three decades.
America’s largest banks can withstand a recession . The US Federal Reserve’s stress test showed the country’s financial institutions are meeting regulators’ capital requirements.
The US Department of Education will cancel $6 billion in student loans. The decision will provide debt relief for roughly 200,000 defrauded borrowers and settle a years-long lawsuit.
Netflix confirmed ads are coming. A drop in new subscriptions prompted the streaming platform to cut jobs and seek new sources of revenue.
Yelp will shut three of its US offices. Chief executive Jeremy Stoppelman stated : “The future of work at Yelp is remote.”
Protests rocked Ecuador for an 11th day. Demonstrations over rising fuel and living costs have already claimed the lives of three people.
Brazil’s indigenous agency staff demanded better protection. The government workers joined nationwide protests sparked by the killings of their colleague Bruno Pereira and British journalist Dom Phillips.
What to watch for
China’s “618” shopping festival was not really a festival at all, with muted sales signaling bleak times ahead for the world’s largest consumer market.
E-commerce giant JingDong saw its slowest sales growth ever for the 618 event, which runs from June 1 to 18. Year-over-year gains fell to 10.3%, far lower than last year’s 28%. And in an inauspicious prelude, Li Jiaqi, one of China’s biggest e-commerce influencers, suddenly disappeared after a livestream showed a symbol linked to the Tiananmen protests.
With China’s economy still recovering from zero-covid curbs and a tech crackdown that’s just showing signs of easing , it’s hard to say whether other sales extravaganzas around the globe will face the same fate. But Amazon already saw its sky-high pandemic sales fall back to Earth during last year’s Prime Day—and that was without the record-high inflation that’ll cloud this year’s July 12-13 event.
JetBlue is desperate to buy Spirit
Tale as old as time, tune as old as song—an attractive object, in this case Spirit Airlines, is being courted by two rivals. JetBlue is bigger and brawnier, but Frontier, honestly, is still a beast. This is business, not love, after all, and both airlines would get a whole lot out of a tie-up with Spirit.
Negotiations are ongoing, but JetBlue is the more desperate suitor. The four biggest carriers—American, Southwest, Delta, and United—control two thirds of the market. After that, there’s a stark drop-off in market share among the regional and budget airlines. Buying Spirit would land JetBlue in the upper echelon (or at least, close to it), but if Frontier wins, JetBlue would have to watch as it soared right over its head. As such, it’s taking desperate measures to push the deal through.
Ready to dive deeper?
Quartz members get access to two more emails, the Weekend Brief and the Forecast, which this week will tackle two big questions.
- Did the US just waste an entire decade of low interest rates? The Weekend Brief will consider how the decision to forego investment left the US vulnerable to supply chain problems.
- Is globalization dying? The simple answer is no, but the Forecast will look at how geopolitical concerns, inequality, and political backlash are changing it.
✦ Get both in your inbox (and 40% off!) by signing up for a membership today.
Quartz’s most popular
🤨 How much would Biden’s gas tax holiday save drivers?
🤖 Amazon has an autonomous robot that won’t quit like its human workforce
👸🏾 Even Beyoncé is burned out
👎 Nobody wants to pay for ultra-fast food delivery…
😮💨 …and nobody is shocked that this Kenyan food delivery startup failed in a year
🥾 Airbnb is giving homeowners $100,000 to build wacky rentals
The days of £20 and £50 paper banknotes are numbered. Their polymer counterparts will be the only accepted legal tender in less than 100 days.
An NFT event hired a Snoop Dogg impersonator for the hype. The “Doop Snogg” name tag kind of gave it away.
Jupiter’s growth came at the expense of baby planets. A new study supports the hypothesis that the giant gas planet owes its size to the absorption of large rocks that had planet potential.
An experimental gene therapy caused patients’ hair color to change. Doctors think it’s a sign the treatment is working .
In Colombia, brown rats are pollinators. As the rodents feast on the feijoa plant’s petals, they scrub up pollen and carry it to the next plant they visit.
Our best wishes for a productive day. Send any news, comments, Doop Snogg tracks, and experimental hair dyes to [email protected]. Reader support makes Quartz available to all— become a member . Today’s Daily Brief was brought to you by Julia Malleck, Sofia Lotto Persio, Morgan Haefner, and Susan Howson.
📬 Sign up for the Daily Brief
Our free, fast, and fun briefing on the global economy, delivered every weekday morning.
Gun Control Essay: Important Topics, Examples, and More
Gun Control Definition
Gun control refers to the regulation of firearms to reduce the risk of harm caused by their misuse. It is an important issue that has garnered much attention in recent years due to the increasing number of gun-related incidents, including mass shootings and homicides. Writing an essay about gun control is important because it allows one to explore the various aspects of this complex and controversial topic, including the impact of gun laws on public safety, the constitutional implications of gun control, and the social and cultural factors that contribute to gun violence.
In writing an essay on gun control, conducting thorough research, considering multiple perspectives, and developing a well-informed argument is important. This may involve analyzing existing gun control policies and their effectiveness, exploring the attitudes and beliefs of different groups towards firearms, and examining the historical and cultural context of gun ownership and use. Through this process, one can develop a nuanced understanding of the issue and propose effective solutions to address the problem of gun violence.
Further information on writing essays on gun control can be found in various sources, including academic journals, policy reports, and news articles. In the following paragraphs, our nursing essay writing services will provide tips and resources to help you write an effective and informative guns essay. Contact our custom writer and get your writing request satisfied in a short term.
Gun Control Essay Types
There are various types of essays about gun control, each with its own unique focus and approach. From analyzing the effectiveness of existing gun laws to exploring the cultural and historical context of firearms in society, the possibilities for exploring this topic are virtually endless.
Let's look at the following types and examples from our essay writing service USA :
- Argumentative Essay : This essay clearly argues for or against gun control laws. The writer must use evidence to support their position and refute opposing arguments.
- Descriptive Essay: A descriptive essay on gun control aims to provide a detailed topic analysis. The writer must describe the history and evolution of gun laws, the different types of firearms, and their impact on society.
- Cause and Effect Essay: This type of essay focuses on why gun control laws are necessary, the impact of gun violence on society, and the consequences of not having strict gun control laws.
- Compare and Contrast Essay: In this type of essay, the writer compares and contrasts different countries' gun laws and their effectiveness. They can also compare and contrast different types of guns and their impact on society.
- Expository Essay: This type of essay focuses on presenting facts and data on the topic of gun control. The writer must explain the different types of gun laws, their implementation, and their impact on society.
- Persuasive Essay: The writer of a persuasive essay aims to persuade the reader to support their position on gun control. They use a combination of facts, opinions, and emotional appeals to convince the reader.
- Narrative Essay: A narrative essay on gun control tells a story about an individual's experience with gun violence. It can be a personal story or a fictional one, but it should provide insight into the human impact of gun violence.
In the following paragraphs, we will provide an overview of the most common types of gun control essays and some tips and resources to help you write them effectively. Whether you are a student, a researcher, or simply someone interested in learning more about this important issue, these essays can provide valuable insight and perspective on the complex and often controversial topic of gun control.
Persuasive Essay on Gun Control
A persuasive essay on gun control is designed to convince the reader to support a specific stance on gun control policies. To write an effective persuasive essay, the writer must use a combination of facts, statistics, and emotional appeals to sway the reader's opinion. Here are some tips from our expert custom writer to help you write a persuasive essay on gun control:
- Research : Conduct thorough research on gun control policies, including their history, effectiveness, and societal impact. Use credible sources to back up your argument.
- Develop a thesis statement: In your gun control essay introduction, the thesis statement should clearly state your position on gun control and provide a roadmap for your paper.
- Use emotional appeals: Use emotional appeals to connect with your reader. For example, you could describe the impact of gun violence on families and communities.
- Address opposing viewpoints: Address opposing viewpoints and provide counterarguments to strengthen your position.
- Use statistics: Use statistics to back up your argument. For example, you could use statistics to show the correlation between gun control laws and reduced gun violence.
- Use rhetorical devices: Use rhetorical devices, such as metaphors and analogies, to help the reader understand complex concepts.
Persuasive gun control essay examples include:
- The Second Amendment does not guarantee an individual's right to own any firearm.
- Stricter gun control laws are necessary to reduce gun violence in the United States.
- The proliferation of guns in society leads to more violence and higher crime rates.
- Gun control laws should be designed to protect public safety while respecting individual rights.
Argumentative Essay on Gun Control
A gun control argumentative essay is designed to present a clear argument for or against gun control policies. To write an effective argumentative essay, the writer must present a well-supported argument and refute opposing arguments. Here are some tips to help you write an argumentative essay on gun control:
- Choose a clear stance: Choose a clear stance on gun control policies and develop a thesis statement that reflects your position.
- Research : Conduct extensive research on gun control policies and use credible sources to back up your argument.
- Refute opposing arguments: Anticipate opposing arguments and provide counterarguments to strengthen your position.
- Use evidence: Use evidence to back up your argument. For example, you could use data to show the correlation between gun control laws and reduced gun violence.
- Use logical reasoning: Use logical reasoning to explain why your argument is valid.
Examples of argumentative essay topics on gun control include:
- Gun control laws infringe upon individuals' right to bear arms and protect themselves.
- Gun control laws are ineffective and do not prevent gun violence.
If you'd rather have a professional write you a flawless paper, you can always contact us and buy argumentative essay .
Do You Want to Ease Your Academic Burden?
Order a rhetorical analysis essay from our expert writers today and experience the power of top-notch academic writing.
How to Choose a Good Gun Control Topic: Tips and Examples
Choosing a good gun control topic can be challenging, but with some careful consideration, you can select an interesting and relevant topic. Here are seven tips for choosing a good gun control topic with examples:
- Consider current events: Choose a topic that is current and relevant. For example, the impact of the pandemic on gun control policies.
- Narrow your focus: Choose a specific aspect of gun control to focus on, such as the impact of gun control laws on crime rates.
- Consider your audience: Consider who your audience is and what they are interested in. For example, a topic that appeals to gun enthusiasts might be the ethics of owning firearms.
- Research : Conduct extensive research on gun control policies and current events. For example, the impact of the Second Amendment on gun control laws.
- Choose a controversial topic: Choose a controversial topic that will generate discussion. For example, the impact of the NRA on gun control policies.
- Choose a topic that interests you: You can choose an opinion article on gun control that you are passionate about and interested in. For example, the impact of mass shootings on public opinion of gun control.
- Consider different perspectives: Consider different perspectives on gun control and choose a topic that allows you to explore multiple viewpoints. For example, the effectiveness of background checks in preventing gun violence.
You can also buy an essay online cheap from our professional writers. Knowing that you are getting high-quality, customized work will give you the peace of mind and confidence you need to succeed!
Pro-Gun Control Essay Topics
Here are pro-gun control essay topics that can serve as a starting point for your research and writing, helping you to craft a strong and persuasive argument.
- Stricter gun control laws are necessary to reduce gun violence in America.
- The Second Amendment was written for a different time and should be updated to reflect modern society.
- Gun control and gun safety laws can prevent mass shootings and other forms of gun violence.
- Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.
- Universal background checks should be mandatory for all gun purchases.
- The availability of assault weapons should be severely restricted.
- Concealed carry permits should be harder to obtain and require more rigorous training.
- The gun lobby has too much influence on government policy.
- The mental health of gun owners should be considered when purchasing firearms.
- Gun violence has a significant economic impact on communities and the nation as a whole.
- There is a strong correlation between high gun ownership rates and higher gun violence rates.
- Gun control policies can help prevent suicides and accidental shootings.
- Gun control policies should be designed to protect public safety while respecting individual rights.
- More research is needed on the impact of gun control policies on gun violence.
- The impact of gun violence on children and young people is a significant public health issue.
- Gun control policies should be designed to reduce the illegal gun trade and access to firearms by criminals.
- The right to own firearms should not override the right to public safety.
- The government has a responsibility to protect its citizens from gun violence.
- Gun control policies are compatible with the Second Amendment.
- International examples of successful gun control policies can be applied in America.
Anti-Gun Control Essay Topics
These topics against gun control essay can help you develop strong and persuasive arguments based on individual rights and the importance of personal freedom.
- Gun control laws infringe on the Second Amendment and individual rights.
- Stricter gun laws will not prevent criminals from obtaining firearms.
- Gun control laws are unnecessary and will only burden law-abiding citizens.
- Owning a gun is a fundamental right and essential for self-defense.
- Gun-free zones create a false sense of security and leave people vulnerable.
- A Gun control law will not stop mass school shootings, as these are often premeditated and planned.
- The government cannot be trusted to enforce gun control laws fairly and justly.
- Gun control laws unfairly target law-abiding gun owners and punish them for the actions of a few.
- Gun ownership is a part of American culture and heritage and should not be restricted.
- Gun control laws will not stop criminals from using firearms to commit crimes.
- Gun control laws often ignore the root causes of gun violence, such as mental illness and poverty.
- Gun control laws will not stop terrorists from using firearms to carry out attacks.
- Gun control laws will only create a black market for firearms, making it easier for criminals to obtain them.
- Gun control laws will not stop domestic violence, as abusers will find other ways to harm their victims.
- Gun control laws will not stop drug cartels and organized crime from trafficking firearms.
- Gun control laws will not stop gang violence and turf wars.
- Gun control laws are an infringement on personal freedom and individual responsibility.
- Gun control laws are often rooted in emotion rather than reason and evidence.
- Gun control laws ignore the important role that firearms play in hunting and sport shooting.
- More gun control laws will only give the government more power and control over its citizens.
Whether you have been assigned to write a gun control research paper or essay, the tips provided above should help you grasp the general idea of how to cope with this task. Now, to give you an even better understanding of the task and set you on the right track, here are a few excellent examples of well-written papers on this topic:
Don’t forget that you always have a reliable essay writing service USA by your side to which you can entrust writing a brilliant essay for you!
In conclusion, writing a sample rhetorical analysis essay requires careful analysis and effective use of persuasive techniques. Whether you are a high school student or a college student, mastering the art of rhetorical analysis can help you become a more effective communicator and critical thinker. With practice and perseverance, anyone can become a skilled writer and excel in their academic pursuits.
And if you're overwhelmed or unsure about writing your next AP lang rhetorical analysis essay, don't worry - we're here to help! Our friendly and experienced research paper writers are ready to guide you through the process, providing expert advice and support every step of the way. So why not take the stress out of writing and let us help you succeed? Buy essay today and take the first step toward academic excellence!
Looking to Take Your Academic Performance to the Next Level?
Say goodbye to stress, endless research, and sleepless nights - and hello to a brighter academic future. Place your order now and watch your grades soar!
Summer Deal! Top-rated Essay Writers Online! Get 50% OFF On Your First Essay Order!
Your 50% Off + Real Help Await!
Skip the Bots, Talk to Us
Have us text you Estimated wait time: about 2 minutes
Have us call you Estimated wait time: about 5 minutes
Chat with support Estimated wait time: about 3 minutes
Email us The current response time is 6 hours
Have us text you
Estimated wait time: about 2 minutes
We will contact you shortly!
Have us call you
Estimated wait time: about 5 minutes
The current response time is 6 hours
Please reach out to us at:
Argumentative Essay Writing
Argumentative Essay About Gun Control
Crafting an Unbeatable Argumentative Essay About Gun Control
Published on: Feb 28, 2023
Last updated on: Jul 21, 2023
People also read
Argumentative Essay - A Complete Writing Guide
Learn How to Write an Argumentative Essay Outline
Best Argumentative Essay Examples for Your Help
Basic Types of Argument and How to Use Them?
Take Your Pick – 200+ Argumentative Essay Topics
Essential Tips and Examples for Writing an Engaging Argumentative Essay about Abortion
Crafting a Winning Argumentative Essay on Social Media
Craft a Winning Argumentative Essay about Mental Health
Strategies for Writing a Winning Argumentative Essay about Technology
Win the Debate - Writing An Effective Argumentative Essay About Sports
Make Your Case: A Guide to Writing an Argumentative Essay on Climate Change
Ready, Set, Argue: Craft a Convincing Argumentative Essay About Wearing Mask
Crafting a Powerful Argumentative Essay about Global Warming: A Step-by-Step Guide
Share this article
Are you in the middle of an argumentative essay about gun control?
If so, you're in luck!
Crafting a compelling argument for or against any topic can seem daunting. The good news is, with some practice and helpful tips, it's easy to create an essay that will engage your readers.
In this blog post, we'll cover different approaches to constructing effective arguments on gun control. Along with that, we will explore some strategies you can use no matter what side of the debate you're taking.
By the end of this blog, you'll feel confident in crafting an argument that is well-supported and powerful.
So let's get started!
On This Page On This Page
What is an Argumentative Essay?
An argumentative essay is an article written to convince readers of a particular point of view. It typically uses logic and evidence to prove the position taken.
The goal is to provide sufficient information and analysis so that readers can understand the subject matter.
To do this, you'll need to use reliable sources and consider different points of view.
Purpose of Writing an Argumentative Essay About Gun Control
The purpose of writing an argumentative essay about gun control is to explore the complexities of the issue.
By researching both sides, you can gain a better understanding of the nuances of the debate. This will ultimately lead to a stronger opinion-based argument.
No matter what position you take, your argument should be based on facts, not emotions.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
How to Write an Argumentative Essay About Gun Control?
When crafting an argumentative essay about gun control, it's important to consider the following steps:
Do Your Research
The first step to writing an argumentative essay is to do thorough research on both sides of the gun control debate.
This means researching pro-gun control sources and anti-gun control sources as well.
To ensure you have reliable information, look for articles from credible news outlets and academic journals.
Pick an Appropriate Title
Choosing a title for your essay is an important step as it will help you focus your argument.
For example, if you are writing in support of gun control, your title could be something like:
"The Benefits of Gun Control: Why We Need Stricter Regulations."
Make an Outline for Your Argument
Once you've chosen a title, the next step is to outline your argument. An effective argument should have three parts: an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
In your introduction, provide some background information on gun control and state your opinion. Here is a sample outline for an argumentative essay about gun control.
Check out this amazing blog on argumentative essay outline to craft perfect outlines.
Here is a thesis statement sample for an argumentative essay about gun control. Check it out to get a better understanding of the topic.
Write a Brief Introduction
Your introduction is the first thing readers will see, so it's important to make a good impression.
Start off by providing some background information on the issue and giving your opinion on gun control. You should also explain why you think your opinion is valid and how your argument will be structured.
Write Body Paragraphs With Evidence
The body paragraphs are where you'll provide evidence for your argument. Each paragraph should focus on one point and include evidence to support it.
For example, a body paragraph could explain the risks associated with owning firearms, such as accidental shootings.
You should also include counterarguments so that your essay is well-rounded.
Conclude Your Essay
Your conclusion should summarize your main points and the evidence you used to support them. You can also use your conclusion to suggest potential solutions or steps forward for the issue.
Finally, end your essay with a call to action that encourages readers to take action on gun control.
What Are Some Arguments For Gun Control
These are a few popular arguments for gun control in the United States. Check them out to learn more about the topic and its complexity.
1. Gun control can reduce the number of firearms in circulation. It makes it more difficult for dangerous individuals to possess weapons.
2. Research has found that there is a correlation between gun availability and suicide rates. So, fewer guns may lead to fewer suicides.
Check out this informative video!
3. Increased gun control could prevent mass shootings by limiting access to semi-automatic weapons.
4. Gun control laws can help ensure that all firearms owners are properly trained and educated on safety.
5. Gun control could reduce the number of accidental shootings.
Examples Of Argumentative Essays About Gun Control
Gun control is a controversial subject in the United States of America.
In the wake of so many tragic mass shootings, the conversation tends to pull in two directions:
Those who believe gun laws should be less strict and those pushing for more restrictions.
Below are some examples of argumentative essays on gun control.
argumentative essay against gun control
argumentative essay about gun control on pro gun control
Persuasive essay about gun control
Persuasive essay examples gun control
Is greater gun control a good idea argumentative essay
Check our extensive blog on argumentative essay examples to ace your next essay!
Argumentative Essay Topics About Gun Control
Here are a few topics about gun control. Check these out to get inspired for your next essay.
- Should there be more restrictions on the current process of purchasing a gun?
- Is the assault weapons ban effective in reducing gun violence?
- How does mental health play a role in firearm regulations?
- What are some current laws that support or restrict gun ownership?
- Are stricter background checks needed for gun purchases?
- Should more guns be allowed in public places such as schools and churches?
- Is the current system of gun control effective enough to protect citizens?
- What are the implications of allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons?
- Is there any evidence that suggests increased gun ownership reduces crime?
- What can be done to reduce gun deaths and injuries in America?
Check our comprehensive blog on argumentative essay topics to get more topic ideas!
Although gun control is a highly debated topic, there are many ways to approach writing an argumentative essay on the subject.
By utilizing tips and examples discussed in this blog post, you can write a compelling argumentative essay about gun control.
If youâre looking for help writing an argumentative essay, our AI essay writer at CollegeEssay.org would be happy to assist.
Our argumentative essay writer can help you with different topics and can provide you with tips, tricks, and resources.
So what are you waiting for? Contact our essay writing service today!
Get in touch with our argumentative essay writing service and let us help you write the perfect argumentative essay about gun control.
Cathy A. (Marketing, Thesis)
For more than five years now, Cathy has been one of our most hardworking authors on the platform. With a Masters degree in mass communication, she knows the ins and outs of professional writing. Clients often leave her glowing reviews for being an amazing writer who takes her work very seriously.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That’s our Job!
Join our mailing list for discount & offers
- Cookies Policy
- Refunds & Cancellations
- Our Guarantees
- Affiliate Program
- Referral Program
- AI Essay Writer
Disclaimer: Our website content is sometimes created using AI but is reviewed and verified by our experienced team of editors. All client orders are completed by our team of highly qualified human writers. The essays and papers provided by us are not to be used for submission but rather as learning models only.
Email Address Already Exists!
Please Enter Valid Email!
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Pro Gun Control Essay
Ronald P Hesselgrave
This paper proposes a re-framing of the gun debate from a completely "pro-life" perspective.
European Scientific Journal
Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®
Ronald Lindsey , Zbigniew Gugala
The Journal of American Culture
Dr Dev R Maitra
The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution ("the right of the people to keep and bear arms") has deeply affected political and social attitudes towards firearms in the United States. The organising principle of this paper is to discern whether the principal reason for widespread gun ownership in America is constitutional, cultural or governmental. Through critical readings of several influential works of gun ownership in the United States (e.g. John Lott, "More Guns Less Crime, "The Bias Against Guns"; James Jacobs, "Can Gun Control Work?") this paper attempts to analyse the constitutional arguments around gun ownership, as well as the legislative dimension of the gun control/ownership discourse.
The right to bear arms has always been one of the most controversial Constitutional amendments. Did the Founding Fathers mean that anyone could own any firearm they see fit? Did they want each state to maintain its own militia as a physical manifestation of states' rights? Did they know that the bad guys don't listen to laws and will get guns anyway? Though gun violence has become a seemingly commonplace part of the American news, the government has taken only a few steps in either direction of the gun control debate and hasn't deterred the violence.
Law & Contemp. Probs.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023