- AUD on Covid-19 |
- Upcoming Webinars & Workshops |
- Campus 360 Virtual Tours |
- AUD Intranet |
- AUD Sustainability Initiatives
- Academic Program Inquiry
- General Inquiry
Department of Architecture
We are committed to producing innovative intellectuals that can creatively solve problems associated with the built environment.
Planning your Visit to Campus?
Book an Appointment
- Dean's Message
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Master of Urban Design and Digital Environments
- Minor in Architecture
- Autodesk Certified Professional
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
- Minor in Interior Design
- Accreditation and Associations
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication
- Minor in Visual Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies (B.A.I.S.)
- Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA)
- Certificate in Middle Eastern Studies
- MAIA Latest News
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B. A. in Psy.)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Biology Latest News
- Center for English Proficiency
- Arts & Sciences Core
- School of Arts & Sciences Minors
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- MMU International Progression Program
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (E.M.B.A.)
- Master of Arts In Intellectual Property and Innovation Management (MA. IPIM)
- AUD / CIMA Agreement
- IAA Certificate in Marketing Communications
- Department of Finance, Economics, and Accounting
- Department of Management and Marketing
- Department of Decision Sciences and General Business
- SB Newsletters
- AUD - IBM Center of Excellence for Smarter Logistics
- EMBA Building
- Dean’s Message
- Bachelor of Communication and Information Studies
- Master of Arts In Leadership and Innovation in Contemporary Media
- Master of Education
- Teaching and learning with iPads in classrooms
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Construction Management
- Minor in Environmental Engineering
- Minor in Structural Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Minor in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Intensive English Language Program
Welcome to the Department of Architecture at AUD, where we strongly believe our student success lies in the delivery of effective and practical programs that focus on three main areas; education, practice and certification.
Preparing highly qualified graduates for effective employment is at the core of everything we do. Our courses cover the fundamental topics and skills in architecture, including, but not limited to, history, theory, building technologies and visualization. Furthermore, we encourage that all aspects of learning are put into practice in our fully equipped design studio, and through industry collaborations and internships.
Further to being a member of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture, we provide opportunities for students to become certified in digital software as AUD is a Centriport Authorized Certification Center.
- PhD in Architecture
TOP 10 PHD IN ARCHITECTURE CLASSES IN DUBAI, ABU DHABI, SHARJAH - UAE
List of available Ph.D. degrees in Architecture in Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi.
Coursetakers.ae is a propriety technology that helps students find courses and compare course prices from Training providers in the UAE, by just submitting their inquiry through the website,
Important Legal Notice: Coursetakers.ae participates in Affiliate Programs with Udemy, Coursera and Codecourse. Coursetakers.ae is compensated for referring users to these companies.
- Courses in USA
- Courses in UK
- Courses in India
- Courses in South Africa
- Upload Your Courses
- How It Works
- Corporate Training
- Delivery and Refund Policy
Get in touch with all the institutes
- Find Programs
- United Arab Emirates University
- Synergy University - Dubai
- Curtin University Dubai
- Rochester Institute of Technology - Dubai
- Khalifa University
- Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research
- Ajman University
- AL Ain University Al Ain Campus
- Al Ain University Abu Dhabi campus
- Ajman University Fujairah Campus
- Heriot-Watt University (Dubai Campus)
- The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management
- MODUL University Dubai
- Amity University (Dubai Campus)
- American University of Sharjah
- Higher Colleges of Technology (Ruwais Women's Campus)
- Higher Colleges of Technology (Al Ain Women’s Campus)
- Higher Colleges of Technology (Madinat Zayed Women’s Campuses)
- Higher Colleges of Technology (Abu Dhabi Women’s Campus)
- Higher Colleges of Technology (Fujairah Women’s Campus)
- Higher Colleges of Technology (Dubai Men’s Campus)
- Higher Colleges of Technology (Sharjah Women’s Campus)
- Higher Colleges of Technology (Ras Al Khaimah Women's Campus)
- American University of Ras Al Khaimah
- New York University Abu Dhabi
- Université Paris-Sorbonne Abou Dhabi (Abu Dhabi)
- American University in Dubai
- Gulf Medical University
- Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences Dubai
- Canadian University of Dubai
- Middlesex University Dubai
- The British University in Dubai
- American University in the Emirates
- Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Government
- Dubai Institute of Design and Innovation
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management
- Institute of Management Technology Dubai
- Al Ghurair University (AGU)
- Murdoch University Dubai
- Emirates Institute for Banking and Financial Studies
- Study in United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- COVID 19 Update for studying in the United Arab Emirates
- Cost of Living
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) Visa Requirements
- University List
- Application Requirements
- Step-by-step Admission Process
- Documents students should carry to the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Jobs for Students
- Student Life
- Lifestyle and Culture
- Student Healthcare and Medical Insurance in United Arab Emirates
- Scholarships in United Arab Emirates
- Car Rental in United Arab Emirates
- List of High Schools in United Arab Emirates
- United Arab Emirates University Ranking
- My Applications
PhD in Architecture and Sustainable Built Environment The British University in Dubai Dubai
Program details, minimum cost of living, requirements.
About The British University in Dubai:
About united arab emirates:.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is fast becoming a study abroad country for students from around the world. The country is home to the critically acclaimed universities in the middle east. It is a popular study destination, thanks to cosmopolitan cities, top-class universities and modern facilities.
About the city:
Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates known for luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture and a lively nightlife scene. Burj Khalifa, an 830m-tall tower, dominates the skyscraper-filled skyline. At its foot lies Dubai Fountain, with jets and lights choreographed to music. On artificial islands just offshore is Atlantis, The Palm, a resort with water and marine-animal parks.
- [email protected]
Master of Architecture
The Master of Architecture is a graduate program at the Islamic Azad University (IAU)-UAE Branch that focuses on studying the architectural profession and practising researches. This program extends Bachelor of Architecture Engineering. The program will equip the graduate students with fundamental disciplinary knowledge and skills on architectural design, environmental design, socio-cultural approaches, construction, and practising research in architecture in the Iranian context and the global society.
This degree program aims to develop comprehensive knowledge and skills of architectural design and construction and apply conceptualisation, analysis, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills to ideate and change society. Graduates will achieve advanced adaption skills to the local and international context.
This course prepares the graduates with the skills they require to
- Understand the body of architectural knowledge and skills in the local and international context
- Develop their design skills and knowledge
- Develop their construction management abilities
- Practice research projects in architectural and socio-cultural context
Program Learning Objectives (PLO)
By the end of the program, graduates are expected to be empowered of:
Design Theories, Methods and Skills
PLO1: Discussing the main theories and methods in architectural design disciplines.
PLO2: Developing the architectural design practice and skills.
Theory and Knowledge
PLO3: Discussing original texts, essays and documents in architectural theory and history.
PLO4: Developing socio-cultural and historical-contextual studies in architecture.
PLO5: Developing professional knowledge and skills in design and construction.
PLO6: Exploring professional possibilities for applying the expertise in productive employment.
PLO7: Identifying the research problems conducted by other scholars in a particular area of Architecture.
PLO8: Realising the quantitative and qualitative research methods employed in the systematic spatial study of the built environment.
PLO9: Conducting a testing-out research project (small or medium size) in the field and/or subfield of architecture.
Program Career outcomes:
Posterior to graduating with Masters of Architecture, architects will have the opportunity to work worldwide on different projects. Graduates will benefit from the opportunity to work in private sectors and public sectors at projects such as, but not limited to, housing projects, firm designs, municipalities. More jobs students can land are consultants, building surveyors, building film sets, landscape architects, structural engineering, urban planning/design, and teaching in universities.
- Research Methodology in Architecture
The course “Research Methodology in Architecture” advances a framework, process, and compositional approach for designing a qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research proposal. The ascendency of qualitative research, the emergence of mixed methods approaches, and the continuing use of the traditional forms of quantitative designs among the graduate degree students have created a need for this course’s unique comparison of the three approaches to inquiry. This comparison begins with a preliminary consideration of the research paradigm, a literature review, and an assessment of the use of theory in research approaches. The course then addresses the elements of the research process: writing an introduction, stating a purpose for the study, identifying research questions and hypotheses, and advancing methods and procedures for data collection and analysis.
- Architectural Programming and Design Methods
The course “Architectural Programming and Design Methods” includes two parts, i.e. architectural programming and design theories, processes and methods. This course develops theoretical studies and procedural skills in pre-design, design and production.
- Architectural Design I
The “Architectural Design I” course extends the courses “Architectural Design I, II, III, IV and V” at the Bachelor of Architectural Engineering program. This course includes briefing, programming and planning, design methods and form development process, and the analytical-synthetically approaches in design.
- Iranian Architecture Philosophy (and Wisdom)
The course “Iranian Architecture Philosophy (and Wisdom)” discusses the philosophy and wisdom in Iranian architecture to clarify and develop philosophies and thinking processes in shaping architectural objects while shaping different spatial perception types.
- Architectural Design II
The course “Architectural Design II” discusses the theoretical bases in the architectural design process, design creativity and architectural aesthetics.
Architectural Design II extends the course “Architectural Design I” at the Master of Architecture program.
- Human Beings and Environment
The course “Human Beings and Environment” is designed for the Master of Architecture students at the IAU-UAE branch. This course discusses the relationship between Mans and natural and artificial environments theoretically and practically. This course emphasises the adaptive built environment and global changes to the ecosystem.
- Architectural Rights and Regulations
The course “Architectural Rights and Regulations” is designed for the Master of Architecture students at the IAU-UAE branch. This course discusses the laws, rules, and regulations related to architectural practice and professions and different types of national building codes, regulations, and rules interdisciplinary and beyond.
- Architectural Design III
The course “Architectural Design III” is designed for the Master of Architecture students at the IAU-UAE branch. This course discusses the functional and technical design elements and integrated design using structural, mechanical and electrical components. It extends the course “Architectural Design II” at the Master of Architecture program.
- Construction Procedure
The course “Construction Procedure” is designed for the Master of Architecture students at the IAU-UAE branch. This course discusses the technical, technological construction factors, themes and procedures in architecture. This course develops students’ construction management skills and abilities.
- Final Design Project and Dissertation
The course “Final Design Project and Dissertation” is designed for the Master of Architecture students at the IAU-UAE branch. This course sums up all knowledge, design skills, research skills and construction abilities by a mid or large scale design project and a research dissertation.
General Elective Courses
Contemporary Architectural Theory Origins
The course “Contemporary Architectural Theory Origins” is designed for the Master of Architecture students at the IAU-UAE branch. This course includes theoretical studies in contemporary architecture and research on their origins and roots. Moreover, this course develops a theoretical framework for design projects. Contemporary Architectural Theory Origins extends the course “Architectural Theory (Basics)” at the Bachelor of Architectural Engineering program.
 Core means those courses that are compulsory for the purposes of the qualification’s major/specialisation.
 General Elective means the list of courses from which students may make any selection up to the total number of required credit hours or points. IAU-UAE Students are required to select at least 2 credits among the general elective courses
Fees & Scholarships
All students will need to meet the minimum English Language Requirements, university general entry requirements, and course-specific requirements such as pre-requisite subjects.
English Language Requirements
This degree requires a minimum of an/a
- IELTS (Academic) of 5.5, with no Writing and Speaking band less than 5.5, or
- PTE Academic score of 45, with no score lower than 40, or
- TOEFL (iBT) of 53, with no individual band less than 50
For students who do not meet the English Language Requirement through citizenship or prior studies in English in an approved country, an approved English language test completed within the last two years must be provided.
General Entry Requirements
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in architecture to be admitted to the Master of Architecture program. If the applicant holds an undergraduate degree in other programs, or disciplines other than Architecture, they need to complete some foundation courses in the first semester of their studies.
Course Specific Requirements
This course does not have any course-specific requirements.
Table of Contents
- Skip to content
- Accessibility help
BA (Hons) Architecture
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
The B.A(Hons) Architecture programme at the Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus was launched in 2015. Since then, the programme has rapidly grown to a community of more than 100 students, creating a unique niche within the vibrant design community of Dubai and the UAE. Strategically placed within the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society (EGIS), the programme draws expertise from multiple disciplines associated with the built environment.
The programme aims to educate students in addressing current challenges faced worldwide, including climate change, resource depletion, sustainability and energy efficiency. Students will work on authoring projects to create a positive impact through diverse design practices and innovative solutions that resonate with the industry during their undergraduate studies.
Graduates from the B.A Architecture(Hons) programme will be:
- Creative Critical Thinkers with a research-informed, process-driven design enabling adaptability and innovative architecture.
- Advocates of Contextually Driven Architecture, contributing towards building a regionally and culturally sustainable future.
- Adept with Contemporary Challenges and Advanced Technologies, keeping them current and design forward.
- Confident in the subject area and embrace a Collaborative and Multi-disciplinary Design Approach.
- Industry linked, including national and international practitioners and relevant professional bodies.
The B.A(Hons) Architecture course curriculum aligns with the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) graduate criteria, providing students with a well-rounded and internationally recognized curriculum. The core spine of the curriculum is the architectural design courses taught across the four years of undergraduate studies. In the larger context of UAE and Dubai, each independent studio led by year leads undertakes the design of various building typologies at varying scales and levels of complexity. The synergy of courses with supporting dedicated studio facilities offers architecture students a rich architectural education experience at our state of art Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus at Knowledge Park. The core design studios are supported by additional streams of courses in Histories and Theories, Environment and Technology, Professional Practice and Design Representation.
The BA (Hons) Architecture programme at Heriot-Watt University Dubai is accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). RIBA is an international professional body for architects based in the United Kingdom. In addition to promoting and making architecture accessible to everyone, RIBA has undertaken the development of various international architectural programmes. The RIBA Part 1 accreditation gives Heriot-Watt University, Dubai students the opportunity to join RIBA Part 2 Masters programmes in the UK and internationally. The programme accreditation reinforces our vision of contextually driven architecture that addresses global challenges.
Read more about the UAE Federal Accreditation .
We have research-active faculty leading the programme. Ongoing research themes include the phenomenological experience of space, redefining public spaces and social infrastructure, intelligent facades and net-zero buildings, and smart and sustainable cities. The research themes are integrated into the curriculum through core design studios and architecture dissertations. Some of the key programme research initiatives are:
- Architectural Dissertation: The dissertation module introduced in the fourth year of the undergraduate programme encourages students to develop and position their research interest in architecture through research and academic writing. More information about the student dissertation, including topics undertaken for the past two years, can be found here.
- ORA House: In 2018, a multi-disciplinary team of staff and students from Heriot-Watt University participated in the first-ever Solar Decathlon Middle East (SDME) competition organized by the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) in partnership with the US Department of Energy. The house received commendations for innovation in 'Architecture' and 'Engineering and Construction' and did well in the 'Sustainability' contest. Upon the success of the ORA house, Heriot Watt's Team ESTEEM recently participated in the second SDME contest held in 2021. More information about the contest and the house here.
- Center of Excellence in Smart Construction: Our architecture programme is part of the Heriot-Watt University's Centre of Excellence in Smart Construction (CESC). CESC is a global hub for innovation, industry-led research and solutions development. Students have a great opportunity to connect with current research and industry partners through CESC's frequent conferences and panel discussions. More information on CESC and its initiatives can be found here.
Meet the faculty
- Dr. Harpreet Seth
- Shameel Muhammed
The D6 architecture programme has several platforms that the team uses to engage with the community. Community interaction is essential to the ethos of the programme:
- D6 Architecture Micro Website : The D6 Architecture micro-website is an extensive active repository of key student projects and achievements of the D6 programme. The website also publishes details of upcoming workshops and public lecture events being hosted by the programme.
- CMYK: CMYK is the D6 Architecture's annual end of year show. The exhibition celebrates the programme's achievement in the past year. CMYK is about students' creativity, conversations, journey and experience.
- D6 Open Series: Every year, the D6 Architecture team invites renowned regional and international architects, designers and academicians to share their current projects and research. The Open Series is a public platform that brings the design community, regional and international partners, and collaborators to a common knowledge exchange platform.
Why study Architecture at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- The BA (Hons) Architecture programme is accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). The programme is the first and only four-year RIBA – Part One undergraduate programme in the UAE. RIBA has commended our programme for programme leadership and engagement.
- RIBA Part One accreditation gives Heriot-Watt University, Dubai students the opportunity to join RIBA Part Two Masters programmes in the UK and internationally.
- Heriot-Watt University has a wealth of specialist expertise in the built environment and is internationally recognized as one of only four Centres of excellence in sustainable building design.
- The course covers both technical and theoretical aspects, providing an excellent foundation for future practice or study at the postgraduate level.
- The combination of lectures and studio delivery encourages excellent self-motivation and the development of transferable skills that are valuable across the built environment industry.
- Our programme is designed to help shape the built environment for the 21st century, not only in terms of architecture but also to support a sustainable, energy-efficient and green society.
- Excellent linkup with regional and international architecture practice.
- Excellent facilities at our new digital campus, with dedicated design studios for each cohort of the architecture programme.
I highly recommend the Architecture programme at Heriot-Watt University, Dubai especially for its high adherence to the RIBA’s course delivery, teaching methodology and academic outcomes. Joseph Leander, BA (Hons) Architecture
- Career opportunities
Fees and funding.
Students studying for the BA (Hons)course are introduced to foundational knowledge and skills that influence the production of architecture. Initial short design projects in the first year introduce students to drawing and making projects. A suite of lectures and workshops introduces critical thinking in key subject areas such as Construction Technology, Shaping Tomorrow Together and History of the Built Environment. These enrich students' knowledge of architecture and help them conceptualize space and realize design proposals using drawings and models. Students undertake the conceptional design development using the medium of fine arts in their first semester. In the second semester, small-scale architectonic explorations in residential architecture are explored. In addition to the core design studio, students are introduced to courses in Histories and Theory, Construction and Environment.
Year two builds on the foundational knowledge of design and architectural vocabulary introduced in the first year. Critical thinking, reasoning, research-informed design, structures and materials are themes explored within the development process in the design studio. Students are introduced to digital packages as design and representation tools. Extensive digital prototyping is used for design exploration and to understand the relationship between digital and analogue processes. Taught courses expand knowledge in Construction and Histories and Theories, Environmental studies, and Building Services Technology.
Year Three advances knowledge, critical thinking and design skills working in various complex local-regional urban and social settings. Core design projects consist of medium-scale public buildings and design intervention within the public realm. The design projects undertaken have the urban and landscape context that ranges from the dense traditional neighbourhoods to the more contemporary fragmented parts of the city. Taught courses in Histories and Theories, Energy and Environment, and Professional Practice further bridge between theory and practice in the design studio.
Year 4 is designed to consolidate the previous three years of learning with complex and critical challenges in design, technology, and writing. The year also aids students' transitions into the industry. Students complete a capstone design project where they develop a detailed and rigorous design project linked over two semesters allowing the student to develop a comprehensive body of work that can meet RIBA Criteria and the RIBA Graduate Attributes for Part One. In developing these projects, students are required to conceive in parallel and integrate technology in their design, demonstrating their knowledge of environmental design, structural innovation, constructional and material choices, and legislative requirements. Students in Year 4 also develop a History and Theory-based dissertation, take a course in Innovation in Construction Practice, and participate in a Collaborative Design Project with Architectural Engineers and Civil Engineers where they work in multi-disciplinary teams.
Graduates from the Architecture BA(Hons) programme can expect to find jobs as architectural assistants in multinational architecture and engineering companies, government organisations and small to medium-sized private sector firms (architecture, urban design and interior design).
The BA (Hons) Architecture degree offered by Heriot-Watt provides an excellent first step in an architectural education that can lead towards becoming a professionally qualified Architect with further studies, examinations and experience.
*Students who wish to join the UK Register of architects (a pre-requisite of becoming a Chartered Architect in the UK with the RIBA) should consult the Architects Registration Board’s website for further information about its routes to registration.
Our entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level - CCC (or AABB at AS-Level)
- CBSE/Other Indian Boards - 65%.
- American High School Diploma/SABIS - 70% + SAT I - 1000 (500 English and 500 Math)
- Tawjihiyya - 80% or Elite/Advance - 75% + EmSAT (English 1400 and Math 1200)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme - 24 points (3 HL and 3 SL).
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma - MMM
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) - Grades of 5 in every subject + IELTS 6.0
- French Baccalaureate - 13/20 + IELTS 6.0
- Lebanese Baccalaureate - 80% or 13/20 + IELTS 6.0
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Engineering/Design) with a CCCC.
- Compulsory subjects to include English.
Second year entry
Consideration is subject to:
- A design portfolio
- An interview with the programme director
- The completion of Year 1 of a design programme in which the learning outcomes and progression are similar to Heriot-Watt University, Dubai. Applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
We also welcome Year 2 and Year 3 students from other universities with architectural educational qualifications, provided they meet our evaluation process.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to [email protected]
English language requirements
As our degrees are taught and assessed in English, applicants must be able to prove their level of English language ability. To know more, please refer to our English language requirements .
- AED 76091 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
To know about the fees for this programme, please send an email to [email protected]
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts .
Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies
with 2 concentrations: 1. Building Information Modeling 2. Sustainability
The Architecture Department at CUD provides an exciting learning environment in the heart of Dubai, the design capital of the Middle East. Our strong connection to the local and global industry provides our students with a vast playing field to prepare themselves for careers with enormous potential and possibilities.
The Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies is a pre-professional degree program that provides you with a broad understanding of architecture, specializing in the technology of building information modelling (BIM) and sustainable design. It will develop your knowledge of pre-professional architectural technology and introduce you to the operating environment of architectural practice.
We offer an interactive trendy program delivered in a state-of-the-art studio and lab setting by faculty experienced in both BIM and sustainability. The Department of Architecture offers an industry-aligned program focusing on transdisciplinary learning, intertwining sciences, digital communication, humanities, and arts to build a well-equipped graduate profile that is responsive to contemporary architectural design thinking.
Throughout the program you will form a good understanding and proven ability in the fundamentals of architectural design, enhance your abilities in graphic, digital modelling, and oral communications and develop knowledge of building systems, appropriate technology and materials, as well as an appreciation of and sensitivity towards sustainability and the environment.
The 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies is a pre-professional degree and is different to a degree in Architecture. Any graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies program will not qualify for a professional license as Architects. Students enrolled in the 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architecture Studies degree who are interested in becoming professional Architects in the UAE must either;
• Supplement their Bachelor of Science in Architecture Studies degree with an additional two (2) year Master’s degree in Architecture.
• Transfer after successfully completing the 3rd year of their current program to the 5-year Bachelor of Architecture program, which equates to a total of 5 years of study.
This 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies degree has been designed specifically for those students who would like to pursue their professional career in Canada. As such, those Students interested in becoming professional Architects in Canada; after graduating from this 4-year program, should then transfer to Canada to complete a Master’s degree in Architecture and satisfy any professional requirements set by the relevant Canadian authorities.
Graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies will be equipped with:
- Creative and analytical skills.
- An understanding of the economic, social, constructional, and legal environments in which the practice of Architecture operates.
- Knowledge of pre-professional architectural and ethical values.
- A good understanding and proven ability in the fundamentals of architectural design.
- An enhanced ability in digital modeling, graphic and oral communication.
- A good knowledge of building systems, appropriate technology, and materials, and an appreciation of and sensitivity toward a sustainable environment.
Currently, graduates from the 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies program will be equipped to pursue career opportunities such as:
- BIM Manager
- BIM Information Manager
- BIM/Sustainability Coordinator
- BIM Modeler
- Teaching Assistant in BIM
- Sustainability Appraiser/Assessor
- Building Industry Coordinator
- BIM Technologist
- BIM/CAD Technician
- Award: BSc (Hons)
- Fees and funding: Information on course fees and scholarships
- How to apply: We welcome applications from students with a wide range of qualifications and experience
Studying Architecture allows you to pursue a career in an exciting, creative and fast-paced industry that hugely influences the world.
In this course, you’ll discover how to bring your visions and designs to life, with successful graduates progressing into rewarding careers which have the potential to improve and enhance the lives of countless people. With the knowledge gained as part of this degree, you can witness your work become tangible creations serving the communities around you.
You will learn about the history of architecture and design, completing technical, practical and professional exercises relating to ethical architecture in the commercial world. You’ll have opportunities to undertake design projects in various spatial, social and topographical settings, from the smallest of residences and objects to complex megacities and events. Graduates pursue successful careers in non-professional pathways using their skills in creative design, strategic thinking, leadership and organisation.
Be part of a community working together to change the construction industry from within so that we can be the changemakers the world needs to address the global climate emergency.
The programme has been designed with reference to the RIBA and ARB criteria. The curriculum provides students with the analytical and practical skills and knowledge required to attain the RIBA Part 1 level (the first step towards formal charters as an architect). However, DMU’s BA Architecture in Dubai does not yet offer Part 1 Exemption because it is working towards Validation by the RIBA. This application to RIBA will take place in the fourth year after the first cohort has completed their degree - for the RIBA to consider then awarding retrospective approval to the course and its students’ degrees (the usual process for new programmes).
Please note : This Dubai Campus BSc Architecture course has the same curriculum and studio culture as DMU’s UK Architecture course - accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Architects Registration Board (ARB). ARB does not accredit courses outside the UK. Applicants should therefore have confidence that the degree will prepare them for the RIBA Part 1 level – and their future careers.
DMU UK’s Leicester School of Architecture (LSA) has a 125-year history of nurturing the next generation of architects with a future-facing curriculum focusing on the ‘craft of making’.Create work with real impact in the community by working on live design projects in the city and the region.
Architecture at DMU UK is in the top 15 for ‘Graduate Prospects in the UK, according to The Complete University Guide 2022. Graduates have gone on to work for some of the best architectural practices in the UK and worldwide, including Heatherwick Studio, Make Architects and Shigeru Ban Architects.
DMU Dubai students can now benefit from the Industry Advisory Board, which comprises leading experts and professionals at the enterprise level. The board provides valuable insights and guidance to ensure the curriculum remains relevant and current with industry trends and demands.
Benefit from Education 2030, where a simplified ‘block learning’ timetable means you will study one subject at a time and have more time to engage with your learning, receive faster feedback and enjoy a better study-life balance.
- Entry criteria
- English language
Additionally, students with the following qualifications may be considered as having met the English language requirements:
We want to ensure you have the best learning experience possible and a supportive and nurturing learning community. That’s why we’re introducing a new block model for delivering the majority of our courses, known as Education 2030. This means a more simplified timetable where you will study one subject at a time instead of several at once. You will have more time to engage with your learning and get to know the teaching team and course mates. You will receive faster feedback through more regular assessment, and have a better study-life balance to enjoy other important aspects of university life.
- Architectural Communication 1
- Building Performance and Technology 1
- Architectural History and Philosophy
- Architectural Communication 2
- Building Performance and Technology 2
- Building Performance and Technology 3
- Architectural Theories
- Urban Studies
- Dissertation: Cultural and Contextual Studies
- Technology and Environmental Studies
- Practice, Profession and Ethics
Note: All modules are indicative and based on the current academic session. Course information is correct at the time of publication and is subject to review. Exact modules may, therefore, vary for your intake in order to keep content current. If there are changes to your course we will, where reasonable, take steps to inform you as appropriate.
Note: All modules are indicative and based on the current academic session. Course information is correct at the time of publication and is subject to review. Exact modules may, therefore, vary for your intake in order to keep content current. If there are changes to your course we will, where reasonable, take steps to inform you as appropriate.
Teaching and assessments
BSc Architecture at DMU Dubai emphasises learning through modelling and making, both manually and digitally, making it an important feature of the course. We encourage and support you to become a productive student by focusing on the design studio as your key learning environment.
In the design studio you will:
- Work and collaborate with peers and tutors in drawing, digital drawing and fabrication, model making, discussion and debate
- Meet regularly with design tutors for small group learning, individual advice and guidance, assessment and feedback
- Engage in instructional/guidance lectures and workshops to develop key manual and digital techniques
- Have design work reviewed by guest architects and critics.
- A programme of lectures, seminars, tutorials and workshops support your learning in the four key strands of the curriculum:
- Architectural design – project-based learning and assessment
- Architectural communication – project-based learning and assessment around key skill sets including CAD, BIM, digital modelling and fabrication
- Technology and environment – project-based learning and assessment combined with testing your knowledge of key principles
- History and theories of architecture – assessment based on online tests and short written assignments, culminating in a written dissertation, or equivalent, in the final year
- In the final year there is an additional focus on:
- Professional practice and ethics – project-based learning and assessment
Teaching contact hours
You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, group work and self-directed study. Assessment is through coursework (presentations, essays and reports) Your precise timetable will depend on the optional modules you choose to take, however, in your first year you will normally attend around 20 hours of timetabled taught sessions (lectures and tutorials) each week, and we expect you to undertake at least 21 further hours of independent study to complete project work and research.
Many of our graduates follow the conventional route to qualification and registration as an Architect. Others may use their degree to launch careers in related fields such as architectural conservation, urban design, research, planning and project management, or go into other fields such as journalism, heritage and history, film, web design, lifestyle design, game design, event design and digital animation, strategic management and political advocacy.
Meet your programme leader
- Duration: 3 years | Admissions Sept
AED 71,610 (Sept 2024 intake)
- Accounting and Finance
- Interior Design
- Cyber Security
- Mechanical Engineering
- Fashion Communication and Styling
- Business Management
- Biomedical Science
- Computer Science
De Montfort University Dubai Dubai International Academic City Post Box: 294345 Dubai, UAE
- Study at DMU
- Student Life
- Undergraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Programmes
- Academic Calendar
- Modern Slavery Act statements
© Copyright DMU Dubai 2023
© Copyright DMU Dubai 2022 Design by Tomsher
- Distance Education
- Fee Structure
- PH.D. Admission
- Apply Franchise
PH.D. (ARCHITECTURE) Admission 2024, Syllabus, Eligibility, Duration
Ph.d. (architecture) admission 2024, course fees structure, career prospects and jobs scope | salary & payscale for ph.d. (architecture) holders | course duration | ph.d. (architecture) specializations admission process | entrance exams for (ph.d. (architecture)), doctor of philosophy in architecture admission | doctor of philosophy in architecture course fees structure | doctor of philosophy in architecture career prospects and jobs scope | salary & payscale for doctor of philosophy in architecture degree holders | doctor of philosophy in architecture course duration | doctor of philosophy in architecture specializations | doctor of philosophy in architecture admission process | entrance exams for (doctor of philosophy in architecture).
- Courses in India
- Doctor of Philosophy Courses
Doctor of philosophy in architecture, doctor of philosophy.
PhD Architecture,Highlights, Entrance Exam, admission, Eligibility, Duration, Selection Criteria, How to Apply, Application Form, Application Process, fee, Syllabus,Salary and Jobs,career opportunities,Top Collages in India
A PhD in Architecture is an advanced degree program that offers students an opportunity to undertake original research in a specific area of architecture. This degree program focuses on developing advanced skills and knowledge in architectural research, design theory, sustainability, and technology. It typically prepares students for careers in academia, research, and professional practice.
The program is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the principles, concepts, and theories of architecture, as well as advanced research methods and techniques. It is a highly specialized degree that requires significant dedication and commitment, and it generally takes three to five years to complete.
Students enrolled in a PhD in Architecture program may take courses in areas such as architectural theory and criticism, design methodology, sustainability and environmental design, architectural history, and technology. Additionally, they will undertake original research, produce a dissertation, and defend it in front of a panel of experts.
Graduates of a PhD in Architecture program can pursue a range of careers in academia, research, and professional practice. Some may work as professors or researchers in universities, while others may work in architectural firms, government agencies, or non-profit organizations. Graduates may also contribute to the development of innovative architectural designs and technologies and advance the field through original research and publication.
Overall, a PhD in Architecture is an excellent opportunity for individuals who want to advance their knowledge and skills in the field of architecture and pursue a career in research or academia.
Some of the key highlights of a PhD in Architecture program include:
Specialized Focus: A PhD in Architecture is a highly specialized degree program that allows students to focus on a specific area of interest within the field. This can include topics such as sustainability, urban design, historic preservation, or architectural theory.
Research-Based: A PhD in Architecture is a research-based degree program that emphasizes original research and contributions to the field of architecture. Students will undertake extensive research and produce a dissertation that makes a significant contribution to the field.
Interdisciplinary: A PhD in Architecture program often includes an interdisciplinary approach, with courses and research opportunities in related fields such as engineering, environmental studies, or social sciences. This can provide students with a broader perspective and new insights into their research.
Faculty Expertise: PhD in Architecture programs are often taught by experienced and respected faculty members who are experts in their field. This provides students with access to valuable mentorship and guidance throughout their research.
Career Opportunities: Graduates of a PhD in Architecture program are well-positioned for careers in academia, research, and professional practice. They may work as professors, researchers, or consultants in universities, architectural firms, or government agencies.
Personal and Professional Growth: Pursuing a PhD in Architecture requires a significant commitment of time and effort, but it can also be a personally and professionally rewarding experience. It allows students to deepen their knowledge and skills in their area of interest and contribute to the advancement of the field.
PhD Architecture Entrance Exam:
The entrance exam for a PhD in Architecture program will vary depending on the institution and program. Some institutions may require students to take a standardized exam, such as the GRE or TOEFL, while others may have their own entrance exam.
PhD Architecture Admission:
To be admitted into a PhD in Architecture program, students typically need to meet certain eligibility requirements, such as holding a master's degree in architecture or a related field, and demonstrating a strong academic record and research potential. Admission requirements may also include letters of recommendation, a research proposal, and a personal statement.
PhD Architecture Eligibility:
To be eligible for a PhD in Architecture program, students typically need to have a master's degree in architecture or a related field, such as architectural history or urban design. Some programs may also accept students with a bachelor's degree in architecture if they have extensive professional experience in the field. Additionally, students may need to meet certain GPA and language proficiency requirements.
PhD Architecture Duration:
The duration of a PhD in Architecture program varies depending on the institution and program. Typically, it takes three to five years to complete the program, including coursework, research, and dissertation writing.
PhD Architecture Selection Criteria:
The selection criteria for a PhD in Architecture program vary depending on the institution and program. Typically, selection is based on a combination of academic qualifications, research potential, and fit with the program's research areas and faculty expertise. Letters of recommendation, research proposals, and personal statements are also important factors in the selection process.
PhD Architecture How to Apply:
To apply for a PhD in Architecture program, students typically need to submit an application form, along with supporting documents such as transcripts, letters of recommendation, research proposals, and personal statements. Applications can typically be submitted online through the institution's website. Some programs may also require an application fee.
PhD Architecture Application Form and Process:
To apply for a PhD in Architecture program in India, students need to check the application process and requirements of each individual college or university. The application form can be obtained online or in person from the institution. Students need to fill in the application form with accurate information and submit it along with the required documents such as transcripts, research proposals, and letters of recommendation. The application process may also include an interview or entrance exam.
PhD Architecture Fee:
The application fee for a PhD in Architecture program in India can vary depending on the institution. It typically ranges from INR 500 to INR 2000.
PhD Architecture Syllabus:
The syllabus for a PhD in Architecture program in India will vary depending on the institution and program. However, it typically includes advanced coursework in architectural theory, research methods, sustainability, technology, and design. Students will also undertake original research, produce a dissertation, and defend it in front of a panel of experts.
PhD Architecture Salary and Jobs:
Graduates of a PhD in Architecture program in India can pursue a range of careers in academia, research, and professional practice. Some may work as professors or researchers in universities, while others may work in architectural firms, government agencies, or non-profit organizations. Graduates may also contribute to the development of innovative architectural designs and technologies and advance the field through original research and publication. The salary for PhD holders in Architecture can vary widely based on their position, experience, and location. However, in general, they can expect to earn higher salaries than those with only a bachelor's or master's degree.
PhD Architecture Career Opportunities:
Graduates of a PhD in Architecture program in India can pursue careers in a variety of fields such as academia, research, professional practice, and government agencies. They may work as professors, researchers, consultants, or designers in universities, architectural firms, government agencies, or non-profit organizations. They may also work as policymakers or contribute to the development of innovative architectural designs and technologies.
PhD Architecture Top Colleges in India:
Some of the top colleges in India for a PhD in Architecture program include:
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
CEPT University, Ahmedabad
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani
Manipal University, Manipal.
Ph.D. (Architecture) is a 3-year duration doctoral level course. Ph.D. in Architecture course centered on the historical and theoretical aspects of the field. In which candidates gain the knowledge into the social and political field of the study. The course provide helps to know about the different aspects related to construction through practical study. Architecture is the science of manufactureing and designing buildings, sets which meet the norms and regulations of the state as well as make the lives of people residing comfortably. The course syllabus is divide in six semesters of six month each. This program skills candidates to generate independent designs and construct eco-friendly buildings. Candidates can make their career in Architecture fields through this program. It provide on part time basis by various college.
Ph.D. (Architecture) Admission Process:
Admission to the Ph.D. program shall be based on the students marks obtained in the entrance test conducted by the respective department or school of the particular university or institute. Those candidates who have complete GATE/NET/SET/ M.Phil/JRF Examination in the pertinent subject of the apex bodies as CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ICMR/DBT will be exempted from the Entrance Test. While giving the exemption, the Departmental Committee of the institute may consider research work/earlier Ph.D./experience done by the student. If a student already holds a Doctors degree in a relevant subject from a UGC Approved University or Institute, he/she may be exempted from entrance exam and pre Ph.D. coursework. After clearing the both steps the student will be eligible to pay course fee or registration fee. Only the predetermined number of candidates may be admitted to Ph.D. programme.
Ph.D. (Architecture) Job Position:
- Planning and Development Surveyor
- Production Designer
- Building Surveyor
- Landscape Architect
- Architectural Researcher
- Architectural Consultant
Documents Required For PH.D. (ARCHITECTURE) Admission
- Migration Certificate (No objection certificate from the University last attended)
- Passing/Degree certificate of the last qualifying degree examination
- Mark-list of the last qualifying degree examination
- Character certificate (from the head of the Institute from which the student has obtained his qualifying degree.
- Documentary proof for date of birth
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
- Research Proposal *
- No objection certificate from the employer (if employed)
NOTE:- Students are requested to note that their application will not be considered for admission if the above certificates are not enclosed with their application.
PH.D. (ARCHITECTURE): Course Highlights
Given below are few of the important highlights of the program.
PH.D. (ARCHITECTURE): Syllabus
Syllabus of Doctor of Philosophy as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
Colleges offering PH.D. (ARCHITECTURE) in India
Mentioned below are some states in India that offer the program.
Top Colleges 2024
Department of Clinical Psychology, School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal University - DCPSAHSMU
Dr. Ysr Architecture and Fine Arts University - YAFAU
Karanataka State Open University - KSOU
Patna University - PU
Acharaya Nagarjuna University - ANU
Palamuru University - PU
Capital University - CU
Woxsen University - WU
CEPT University - CU
Martin Luther Christian University - MLCU
Ashoka University - AU
Bilaspur university - bu.
Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences - DMIMS
Amity University - AU
Indrashil University - IU
Kuvempu University - KU
The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University - ICFAIU
Dr. punjabrao deshmukh krishi vidyapeeth - pdkv.
Dr. Shyama Prasad University - SPU
Sam higginbottom institute of agriculture, technology & sciences - shiats, national institute of technology arunachal pradesh - nitap.
Ambedkar University Delhi - AUD
Xavier university - XU
Shri Venkateshwara University - SVU
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University - DSU
Sant Baba Bhag Singh University - SBBSU
Integral University - IU
Sri Padmavati Mahila Vishwavidyalayam - SPMV
Assam Agricultural University - AAU
O.P. Jindal University - OJU
Maharaja Chhatrasal Bundelkhand Vishwavidyalaya - MCBV
Apeejay Stya University - ASU
Institute of Advanced Research - IAR
University of Patanjali - UP
Patliputra University - PU
CMR University - CU
Assam University - AU
Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University - KSDSU
Mahakaushal University - MU
Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur - IIT
Berhampur University - BU
TERI School of Advanced studies - TSAS
Mahatma Gandhi Central University - MGCU
Suresh Gyan Vihar University - SGVU
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology - KIIT
Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth - DYPV
Sri Sri University - SSU
Uttaranchal University - UU
PDM University - PU
PH.D. Thesis Writing Assistance/Paper Publication Services
- UGC Care List Journal Publication Services
- Scopus Journal Publication
- Proposal / Synopsis Writing
- Topic Suggestion
- Ph.D. Thesis Writing
- Dissertation Writing
- Research Paper Writing
- Paper Publication with ISSN Number
- Conference / Seminars
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Data Collection / Analysis
- Plagiarism Correction
- Plagiarism Report TURNITIN / URKUND
- Book Publication
- Ph.D. Thesis Concert into Book
- All Research Work
- Complete Research Work
- Indexed Journals - Scopus
- UGC Care Journal
- Research Review Journal
- Terms & Conditions |
- Contact Us |
- Visitor: 308179394
How University Dunia helps you in
- Bachelor's Degrees
Architecture and Design
If you want to be the next Architect, Interior Designer, or Fashion Designer, then a degree in Architecture and Design is the right way for you.
Choose your degree below.
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of design (fashion design).
Bachelor of Interior Design