Home » Blog » Dissertation » Topics » Law » 99 Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas
99 Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas
By Adam Dec 5, 2023 in Law , Topics | No Comments
In this first of our series of law dissertation topics lists, we focus on giving you currently interesting topics related to four areas of law research: criminal law, business law, employment law, and EU law. We also tell you how to go about picking out a successful law dissertation title.
Law, often called legal studies or jurisprudence, forms the bedrock of societies worldwide, shaping norms, upholding justice, and safeguarding the rights and responsibilities of individuals and institutions. Synonyms such as legal studies and jurisprudence underscore the breadth and significance of this field, encompassing everything from criminal justice and human rights to international law and environmental regulations. For students embarking on a scholarly journey at the undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral levels, law dissertation topics offer a vast landscape of possibilities, each a gateway to unraveling the complexities of legal systems, principles, and policies. Whether you’re captivated by the intricacies of constitutional law, the ethical challenges of corporate governance, the difficulties of intellectual property rights, or the dynamics of international relations, the realm of law provides an array of captivating subjects to explore.
In this blog post, we’ll guide aspiring legal scholars through an extensive array of law dissertation topics, each offering a chance to contribute to the ongoing discourse about the evolving and multifaceted world of law. As the synonyms suggest, the study of law is vital and dynamic, touching every aspect of society and human interaction. Your dissertation journey in this field promises intellectual growth, practical relevance, and an opportunity to shape the future of legal thought and practice.
Download Law Dissertation Sample
Law Dissertation Topics of Different Fields:
This post on Law topics is a mixture of topics from different fields of Law. By keeping the need for topics in a particular field of Law, we have drafted posts on each field separately. Following is the list of posts on different fields of law to find the research topics in the specific law field.
- Agriculture Law
- Banking Law
- Business Law
- Competition Law
- Construction Law
- Contract Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Human Rights Law
- International Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Immigration Law
- Maritime Law
- Medical Law
- Property Law
List of Law Dissertation Topics:
The topics given in this list are examples. If you want to use any of these, make sure you make improvements in them to turn them into titles that are closer to your area of interest and seem original. If you copy these titles as they are, you’ll be running the risk of coming across other dissertations with the exact same research question, and that can’t be a good thing.
Abuse at the workplace and what is being done about it?
Tracing the historical components of common law.
Law of omissions liability and its evolution: A literature review.
Terrorism and human rights: How can security measures be balanced with civil liberties?
Understanding the relationship between employment laws and criminal offenses in the UK.
How important is it for SME managers to be cognizant of local business laws? An investigation.
Are current antitrust laws adequate to address monopolistic practices in the tech industry?
Establishing a relationship between criminal law and domestic violence.
Application of employment laws and factors for dismissal in the UK.
The role of international courts in resolving territorial disputes: A case-based analysis.
The legal implications of genetic testing in employment: Privacy and discrimination concerns.
International humanitarian law: Does it adequately address non-state armed groups?
Legal implications of artificial intelligence in healthcare: Balancing innovation and patient rights.
The importance of burden of proof in a Court of Law.
Exploring the legal dimensions of environmental migration: Protecting climate refugees.
An evaluation of the requirements for causation in different situations.
Artificial intelligence in legal practice: Implications for the legal profession’s future.
International laws in relation to loot boxes- an extended essay.
Maritime piracy and international law: Strategies for combating modern piracy.
Understanding international business transactions and implications for national laws.
To what extent does family law protect the rights and interests of children in custody disputes?
The employment contract and its unique features in the English banking sector.
Legal aspects of refugee protection: Assessing the efficacy of international agreements.
Benefits to international business contracts: A comparison of English sales law and the CISG.
Valuation of ethics by bankers in business law?
Developing an understanding for employment protection legislation in the UK.
Influence of unions on employment contracts: A critical study of the Britain.
A poison called Brexit: Critical analysis of the UK’s separation from the EU.
Corporate liability for environmental damage: Strengthening legal accountability.
Environmental justice and minority communities: Does the law offer adequate protection?
Data privacy regulations in the digital age: Are they effective in safeguarding individual rights?
An exploration of the important ethical considerations in Business law in the UK.
Environmental compliance in international trade: Ensuring sustainable practices.
Legal aspects of cultural heritage preservation: Protecting artifacts in conflict zones.
Legal challenges in protecting cultural heritage in post-conflict reconstruction.
The right to education for refugees: Legal challenges and access barriers.
Economic sanctions and international law: Do they achieve their intended objectives?
Legal aspects of copyright in the digital age: Balancing protection and access.
Mental health and employment laws across Europe- generating a rationalised understanding.
Climate change adaptation and legal obligations: Evaluating the Paris Agreement.
Examining the role of intellectual property laws in fostering innovation and creativity.
Exploring legal mechanisms for addressing police brutality: Accountability and reform.
The legal framework of indigenous land rights: A comparative study of nations.
Legal implications of cybersecurity threats on corporate governance: A comprehensive analysis?
Legal challenges in protecting endangered species: Balancing conservation and development.
An exploration of substantive laws in the EU.
Cross-border data transfers: Legal and ethical considerations in a globalized world.
Legal aspects of food safety and consumer protection: Ensuring quality and transparency.
Legal challenges in ensuring fair and equal access to healthcare services.
Legal aspects of sustainable fisheries management: Protecting marine ecosystems.
Consumer rights, cartels and the EU- an evaluation.
The legal framework of disaster response and recovery: Ensuring effective aid delivery.
What types of economic crises have influenced EU law modifications? An investigation.
Mapping the structural changes for business ethics in EU law.
A study of dismissal laws in the UK and business practices.
Legal aspects of blockchain technology: Challenges and opportunities.
Can environmental laws keep pace with the challenges of climate change? A critical evaluation.
How has digital technology impacted domestic violence?
Regulating artificial intelligence in autonomous vehicles: Who bears legal responsibility in accidents?
Gender equality laws: Are they effective in combating discrimination in the workplace?
The need for and importance of international law and procedure- a review.
How is EU law rationalizing employee rights to privacy in the digital environment?
Investor-state dispute settlement mechanisms: Do they undermine national sovereignty?
An analysis of criminal and business law in the EU context, international law and national law.
Is international law sufficient to address transboundary water conflicts?
Brexit and EU economy: How has the UK’s decision affected EU trade.
Human rights and multinational corporations: Corporate accountability under international law.
The legal framework of internet freedom: Can it protect against online censorship?
Privacy laws and biometric data: Can they safeguard personal information in the age of technology?
What does the law in the UK guide about employees’ rights to wellbeing in the workplace?
Regulating e-waste management: Legal approaches to tackling electronic waste.
A critical analysis of discrimination policies in English firms.
Global effects of the War on Terror on criminal law.
Defamation laws in the age of social media: Protecting reputations in the digital sphere.
Climate change litigation: Can courts effectively address environmental challenges?
The legal impacts of British colonial rule on local administration within the colonies.
Legal nudges and SME managers- an exploration.
The language of causation and implications for the layman.
The role of international law in combating cyberattacks: Attribution and accountability.
Burden of proof in Quarantine- is there a difference?
Corporate social responsibility and the law: Can it be enforced effectively?
Animal rights and the law: Do current regulations ensure ethical treatment of animals?
Legal challenges in regulating cryptocurrencies: A comparative analysis.
An exploration of opportunities in international laws for business corruption.
Legal challenges in combating cyberterrorism: Strategies and international cooperation.
Legal implications of genetic privacy: Balancing research and individual rights.
Freedom of the press and national security: Balancing journalistic rights and government interests.
Regulating autonomous weapons: Can international law keep up with technological advancements?
Legal implications of genetic editing: Ethical concerns and regulatory frameworks.
The legal framework of human rights in armed conflict: Does it ensure accountability for perpetrators?
Citizenship law and the EU- clearing out ambiguities.
The right to privacy vs. national security: Striking a balance in surveillance laws.
Uniting for Division: Effects of EU formation on member states’ parliaments.
The role of international criminal law in prosecuting war crimes: A critical analysis.
Exploring the legal framework for space mining: Rights, regulations, and responsibilities.
The impact of international trade agreements on labor laws: A comparative analysis.
The right to privacy in the workplace: Balancing employee rights and employer interests.
Exploring the role of international law in addressing global cybersecurity concerns.
Exploring legal frameworks for space debris remediation and cleanup.
There you go. Use the list on law dissertation topics well and let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for our topics-related blog posts for the future or want help with dissertation writing; send us an email at [email protected] .
Paid Topic Consultation Service
You will get the topics first as per the given requirements, and then the brief which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
- 99 Cultural Studies Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas December 4, 2023 -->
- 99 Blockchain Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas December 3, 2023 -->
- 99 Biology Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas December 3, 2023 -->
- 99 Biochemistry Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas December 3, 2023 -->
- 99 Aviation Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas December 2, 2023 -->
- 99 Astronomy Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas December 2, 2023 -->
- 99 Archaeology Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas December 2, 2023 -->
- 99 Tort Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas September 7, 2023 -->
- 99 Banking Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas September 6, 2023 -->
- 99 Intellectual Property Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas September 5, 2023 -->
- 99 Immigration Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas September 5, 2023 -->
- 99 Civil Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas September 4, 2023 -->
- 99 Agriculture Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas September 4, 2023 -->
- 99 Criminal Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas September 3, 2023 -->
- 99 Cyber Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas September 3, 2023 -->
- 99 Construction Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas March 4, 2019 -->
- 99 Corporate Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas January 22, 2019 -->
- 99 Maritime Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas October 25, 2018 -->
- 99 EU Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas October 7, 2018 -->
- 99 Contract Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas October 7, 2018 -->
- 99 Family Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas February 27, 2018 -->
- 99 Medical Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas January 29, 2018 -->
- 99 Media Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas January 29, 2018 -->
- 99 Labor Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas January 27, 2018 -->
- 99 Employment Law Dissertation Topics | Research Ideas January 25, 2018 -->
- UK Office: +44 2081 447946
- US Office: +1 (253) 235 4136
Essay writers for hire, essay writing help online, write my essay, other essay services, how to place an order:.
- Select your academic level and the number of pages and pick a desired deadline
- Then press “Order Now”
- Add your instructions
- Choose writer’s category
- Make a payment
- Get your paper before the deadline
Online assignment writing service, assignment help, coursework paper writing, assignment writing services, buy assignment online, coursework writing service, research paper services, research proposal writing service, term papers writing services, research paper help, pay for research papers, academic research paper service, research papers writing services, buy a research paper, college papers for sale, annotated bibliography help, thesis services, thesis report writing services, thesis editing services, thesis writing services, phd services, phd writing services, phd proposal writing service, buy phd thesis, phd research and literature review, phd thesis editing, dissertation services, dissertation writing services, buy dissertation online, custom dissertation writing help service, dissertation proposal services, write my dissertation, dissertation editing services, dissertation literature review writing, dissertation consultation services, dissertation survey help, mba dissertation writing services, mba essay writing, mba dissertation editing, mba assignment help, mba thesis writing help, mba personal statement writing, law services, law dissertation writing services, law coursework writing services, bvc/bptc writing service – bvc/bptc opinion & drafting writing, law essay writing services, law assignment writing services, law report writing service, all subjects, university application help, college admission writing service, cover letter writing, college application help service, personal statement writing help service, resume writing help, bursary and scholarships application help, ucas application help, buy essay papers canada, buy essay papers uae, buy essay papers saudi arabia, buy essay papers new zealand, buy essay papers usa, buy essay papers uk, buy essay papers qatar, buy essay papers australia, buy essay papers ireland.
- Sample Essays
- Our Guarantee
Free Writing Tools
- AI Essay Writer
It’s so easy to contact us
Just send us an email, give us a phone call or you can visit our professional and friendly UK team for an excellent level of service delivery. An easier way is just to drop us a message on our Live ChatBox on the bottom right of the page
- +44 20 8144 7946
- +1 (253) 235 4136
- 24/7 Live Support
How to place an order
If you have any questions and want to find more about our services, kindly check our information
Best Law Dissertation Topics for University Students
- March 1, 2023
- Blogs , Essay Topics
Law dissertation topics can be complex and challenging, but they are also highly relevant to contemporary society. As a university student pursuing a law degree, you have the opportunity to explore and analyze critical legal issues that affect individuals, communities, and nations.
As you delve into this topic, you can examine the effectiveness of international law in protecting human rights in different contexts, including armed conflicts, refugee crises, and global health emergencies. You can also evaluate the role of international human rights bodies, such as the International Criminal Court and the UN Human Rights Council, in ensuring accountability and promoting justice.
This topic is not only captivating but also highly relevant to contemporary issues. With increasing globalization and the growing interconnectedness of societies, the role of international law in protecting human rights has become more critical than ever. As you explore this topic, you will gain a deeper understanding of the complexities and nuances of international law and its impact on individuals and communities worldwide.
A law dissertation is a research-based writing project that law students undertake in their final year of study. The dissertation requires students to critically analyze a specific legal topic or issue, apply legal principles, and conduct in-depth research to support their arguments. The goal is to demonstrate the student’s ability to think critically, conduct independent research, and contribute new insights to the field of law.
There are several reasons why law students should take on a dissertation. Firstly, it provides an opportunity to delve deeper into a legal topic of interest and demonstrate a mastery of the subject matter. This can be particularly useful for students who intend to pursue further studies or careers in a specific area of law. Secondly, a law dissertation can be an excellent way to showcase one’s research and writing skills to potential employers or academic institutions. Finally, it is a requirement for graduation, and successful completion demonstrates a student’s ability to undertake a significant research project independently.
In summary, a law dissertation is an essential part of a law student’s academic journey. It allows students to develop their research and critical thinking skills, demonstrates their mastery of legal principles, and contributes to the field of law. The process can be challenging, but the rewards are significant, and the skills learned can be valuable throughout a student’s career in the legal profession.
The Importance of Selecting the Best Subject
There are millions of dissertation topics, but choosing a theme for a law dissertation, in particular, can make or break a student’s success. There are some helpful hints associated with it, such as the fact that the more interesting a topic is on a personal level, the more likely it is to succeed. After all, a student will have to spend months or even years writing it, which means that if it isn’t inspiring in the least, the results will be equally so. It applies to dissertations as well as EPQ ideas for law students.
Of course, it may be difficult to find something that piques your interest, but you can always look through different law dissertation titles to find one that piques your interest. It is a vast sphere divided into many types, which are further subdivided into millions of narrower topics.
Law dissertation topics are crucial in guiding students to choose a specific research area and to produce a well-written, comprehensive dissertation. Here are the reasons why law dissertation topics are important:
Clarifies the research scope and objectives:
Selecting an appropriate law dissertation topic enables students to clarify the research scope and objectives, which are essential in producing a well-written dissertation. By having a clear focus, students can better organize their research, analyze different perspectives, and provide critical insights.
The law dissertation topic chosen should demonstrate the student’s expertise in a particular area of law. By selecting a topic that aligns with their interests and passions, students can demonstrate their knowledge and passion for the subject matter, which can be an excellent way to impress potential employers or academic institutions.
Adds value to the legal profession:
Law dissertation topics that provide new insights, challenge existing theories or propose new solutions can add value to the legal profession. By conducting thorough research, analyzing different perspectives, and providing critical insights, students can contribute to the field of law and create new avenues for further research.
Enhances critical thinking skills:
A well-written law dissertation requires students to think critically , analyze complex legal issues, and apply legal principles. By selecting a challenging topic, students can enhance their critical thinking skills, which can be invaluable in their future careers.
Demonstrates research skills:
Selecting a law dissertation topic that requires extensive research allows students to demonstrate their research skills. By conducting thorough research, analyzing different perspectives, and providing critical insights, students can showcase their ability to identify, collect, and analyze relevant data.
Check them, select what intrigues you most, and start working!
20 Great Law Dissertation Topics
Here are 20 great law dissertation topics, along with a brief explanation of each:
- The impact of artificial intelligence on the legal profession: This topic explores how the use of artificial intelligence in the legal industry is changing the way lawyers work and the ethical considerations that come with it.
- The legality of assisted suicide: This topic examines the legal and ethical implications of assisted suicide and euthanasia, including the right to die and the duty to protect life.
- The role of international criminal law in prosecuting war crimes: This topic explores the effectiveness of international criminal law in prosecuting war crimes and holding perpetrators accountable for their actions.
- The impact of Brexit on UK employment law: This topic examines the potential impact of Brexit on UK employment law and the potential consequences for workers’ rights and protections.
- The legal implications of climate change: This topic examines the legal framework for addressing climate change, including international treaties and domestic laws, and the role of courts in enforcing environmental protections.
- The legality of mandatory vaccination: This topic explores the legal and ethical implications of mandatory vaccination policies, including the tension between individual rights and public health concerns.
- The role of international trade law in promoting economic development: This topic examines the effectiveness of international trade law in promoting economic development and reducing poverty in developing countries.
- The impact of social media on privacy law: This topic explores how social media is changing the way we think about privacy and the legal implications of social media use.
- The legality of the use of force in international law: This topic examines the legal framework for the use of force in international law, including the doctrine of self-defense and the UN Charter.
- The impact of technology on intellectual property law: This topic explores how advances in technology are challenging traditional intellectual property laws and the legal implications of these changes.
- The legal and ethical implications of artificial reproductive technologies: This topic examines the legal and ethical considerations surrounding artificial reproductive technologies, including surrogacy and genetic engineering.
- The role of corporate social responsibility in international business: This topic explores the legal framework for corporate social responsibility in international business and the impact of such policies on human rights and environmental protection.
- The legality of the death penalty: This topic examines the legal and ethical implications of the death penalty, including questions of human rights and fairness in the criminal justice system.
- The impact of international human rights law on domestic legal systems: This topic explores how international human rights law is influencing domestic legal systems and the challenges of implementing international human rights norms at the national level.
- The role of international humanitarian law in protecting civilians in armed conflict: This topic examines the effectiveness of international humanitarian law in protecting civilians during armed conflict and the challenges of enforcing these protections.
- The legal implications of cybercrime: This topic explores the legal framework for addressing cybercrime and the challenges of prosecuting cybercriminals in an increasingly digital world.
- The impact of immigration law on human rights: This topic examines the intersection of immigration law and human rights, including the right to asylum and the treatment of refugees and migrants.
- The legality of drone warfare: This topic explores the legal and ethical implications of using drones for military purposes, including questions of human rights and international law.
- The role of international environmental law in addressing climate change: This topic examines the effectiveness of international environmental law in addressing climate change and the challenges of enforcing environmental protections.
- The impact of globalization on international trade law: This topic explores how globalization is changing the landscape of international trade law and the challenges of regulating global commerce.
24 Law Dissertation Examples
In general, there are ten broad categories of law. Each assumes its peculiarities and ideas. So, if you’re having trouble coming up with good topics, take a look at the list we’ve put together for you! See the list of law dissertation topics divided into ten categories below.
- What is the difference between male and female rape legislation?
- The Interaction of Deterrence and Criminal Justice
- What additions should rape regulations make to distinguish between true cases and revenge allegations?
- How can manslaughter laws be abused, and how can victims be protected from such incidents?
- In what ways can a lie detector be useful?
- In what ways can a defendant prove that a confession was coerced out of him or her?
- The origins of mistrials: why and how did this concept emerge?
- International Law’s Effectiveness in Combating Transnational Organized Crime
- The Influence of Mental Illness on Criminal Behavior
- What aspects of a crime should not be presented to a jury?
- The Effects of Incarceration on Juvenile Justice
- In 2023, the role of victim participation in criminal justice legislation, crime witness protection from retaliation risks
- How has the law regarding intentional murder evolved?
- The Role of Gender and Race in Criminal Justice
- The Death Penalty: Its History and Recent Cases
- The Death Penalty’s Influence on Criminal Behavior
- Criminal law changes in post-Brexit society.
- How has previous criminal law implementation been influenced by EU legislation?
- Bias in criminal law versus the American legal system
- Criminal case reporting in a post-Brexit society
- Pandemic violations viewed through the criminal law lens
- The Prosecutorial Discretion Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Is there a gender bias in criminology forensics?
- The Impact of Sentencing Guidelines on Crime Reduction
50 Law Dissertation Ideas
Here are 50 law dissertation ideas with factual information only:
- The impact of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child on domestic laws regarding child protection
- The role of domestic violence laws in protecting victims and preventing domestic violence
- The impact of social media on defamation laws
- The legal implications of police brutality and the use of excessive force
- The effectiveness of international humanitarian law in regulating armed conflicts
- The impact of international trade law on developing countries
- The legality of physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia
- The role of intellectual property laws in promoting innovation
- The impact of human rights laws on the treatment of refugees and migrants
- The effectiveness of international criminal law in prosecuting crimes against humanity
- The legal implications of artificial intelligence in the workplace
- The role of corporate law in regulating multinational corporations
- The impact of climate change on international environmental law
- The effectiveness of anti-discrimination laws in preventing workplace discrimination
- The legality of drone strikes in international law
- The impact of international human rights law on domestic legal systems
- The role of international maritime law in regulating maritime transport
- The effectiveness of consumer protection laws in protecting consumers from unfair business practices
- The impact of cybercrime on international criminal law
- The role of the International Criminal Court in enforcing international criminal law
- The legality of the use of force in international law
- The impact of trade agreements on intellectual property laws
- The role of labor laws in promoting workers’ rights and protections
- The effectiveness of environmental protection laws in addressing pollution and other environmental issues
- The impact of social media on privacy laws
- The role of international labor laws in promoting workers’ rights and protections
- The legality of mandatory vaccination policies
- The effectiveness of international refugee law in protecting refugees and asylum seekers
- The impact of human rights laws on the treatment of prisoners
- The role of international tax law in regulating global taxation
- The legality of the use of torture in international law
- The effectiveness of international trade law in promoting economic development in developing countries
- The impact of data protection laws on businesses and consumers
- The role of criminal law in promoting public safety and preventing crime
- The effectiveness of international labor standards in promoting workers’ rights and protections
- The impact of international human rights law on the treatment of minorities
- The role of international investment law in regulating foreign investment
- The legality of the death penalty in international law
- The effectiveness of international environmental law in regulating greenhouse gas emissions
- The impact of international human rights law on domestic criminal justice systems
- The role of international human rights law in promoting gender equality
- The legality of pre-emptive strikes in international law
- The effectiveness of international labor standards in preventing forced labor and human trafficking
- The impact of immigration laws on human rights
- The role of international environmental law in regulating the use of natural resources
- The legality of targeted killings in international law
- The effectiveness of international trade law in addressing labor standards and environmental protections
- The impact of international human rights law on the treatment of indigenous peoples
- The role of international human rights law in promoting disability rights
- The legality of cyberwarfare in international law
44 of the Most Effective Law Dissertation Topics
- Brexit’s impact on EU law
- An examination of human rights’ role in international criminal law
- The wording of this sentence is:
- A comparison of contract law in the United Kingdom and China
- An examination of indigenous peoples’ rights in international law
- Corporate social responsibility and business law
- An examination of the effectiveness of anti-money laundering legislation
- An analysis of the legal framework for the protection of whistleblowers
- An investigation into the impact of artificial intelligence on employment law
- An examination of the legal issues raised by self-driving cars.
- A comparison of criminal laws in the United States and Canada
- An investigation into the role of traditional legal systems in contemporary Africa.
- An examination of the legal issues associated with regulating the gig economy.
- A study of refugee rights in international law
- An examination of the legal framework for intellectual property rights protection
- An investigation into the impact of climate change on environmental law
- An investigation into the legal issues raised by the rise of digital currencies.
- An investigation into the role of customary law in the Pacific Islands
- An examination of the legal framework governing gene editing regulation
- A study of children’s rights in international law
- An investigation into the legal issues raised by the use of drones.
- An examination of the International Criminal Court’s role in promoting accountability for war crimes.
- An examination of the legal framework governing the protection of privacy rights.
- An examination of the effects of globalization on trade law
- A look at the legal issues raised by the sharing economy.
- A study of the international legal rights of people with disabilities
- An examination of the legal framework governing surrogacy.
- An investigation into the role of human rights in conflict resolution
- An investigation into the legal issues raised by the use of social media.
- A study of women’s rights in international law
- An analysis of the legal framework for the regulation of genetically modified organisms
- An investigation into the impact of the internet on intellectual property law
- An examination of the legal issues raised by the spread of fake news.
- An examination of the role of international law in the promotion of human rights.
- An examination of the legal framework for cyberbullying regulation.
- An investigation into the impact of technology on employment law
- An investigation into the legal issues raised by the use of data mining
- A study of minorities’ rights in international law
- An examination of the legal framework for cyberstalking regulation An examination of the impact of social media on defamation law
- An investigation into the legal issues raised by the use of virtual reality.
- An investigation into the role of human rights in the fight against terrorism
- An examination of the legal framework for dealing with online harassment.
- A study of the internet’s impact on privacy law
- An investigation into the legal issues raised by the rise of cybercrime.
There are a plethora of law dissertation topics that university students can choose from. These topics cover various areas of law, from domestic law to international law, and from human rights law to corporate law. Selecting an appropriate topic is crucial to the success of the dissertation, as it will determine the scope of the research and the level of engagement required. By conducting thorough research, analyzing different perspectives, and providing critical insights, students can produce high-quality law dissertations that will contribute to the field of law.
If you are a student struggling to choose a law dissertation topic or need help with your dissertation writing, Peachy Essay Writing Service can assist you. They offer professional dissertation writing services that will help you craft an outstanding law dissertation. Contact them today and get started on your journey toward success in the field of law.
Essay services, assignment services, mba services, by subjects, give your grades a boost, top academic writers ready, to help with your research proposal, connect with us.
Just ask our team to write your assignment and then sit back and relax. We’ll get it done.
Safe & Trusted
Your Peachy Essay purchase is secure and we're rated 4.5/5
All work is written to order. No plagiarism, guaranteed!
We're here to answer any questions you have about our services
Peachy Essay provides model essays for tutoring and learning purposes only. At the end of the day, it’s the students responsibility to do their own research and work. And therefore, submit their own work. We are a strong believer in academic integrity and have a “zero tolerance policy” on plagiarism. Therefore, all our works will be submitted with a FREE Turnitin plagiarism report.
© 2007 — 2023 Peachy Essay. All Rights Reserved.
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
160+ Outstanding Law Dissertation Topics for Students
If you are a university student studying law, you would know that it is both, exciting and stressful to work on dissertations because law dissertation topics or help with dissertation are not easy to select.
While students can pick a topic that interests them, good thesis topics for law, students would be the ones that offer ample scope for research and study. It is vital to keep in mind that dissertations tend to get lengthy; therefore, your topic should also be a subject you can manage to finish working on within the time you have at hand. Given below are some exciting topics that you can explore for your law school thesis.
Business Law Dissertation Topics
Business law, also known as commercial law, focuses on the legal aspects of the conduct, rights, and relations of individuals or organizations that engage in commerce, trade, and merchandising activities. Therefore, commercial law masters thesis topics have a broad scope as they revolve around important and relatable aspects guiding society and trade. Here are some exciting business law topics to write about. Take a look:
- Business laws against corruption within firms — an in-depth evaluation
- Commercial Law and its effectiveness in supporting commercial transactions.
- Copyright Infringement – Understanding the difference between online and offline law enforcement.
- Business partnerships: Threats, legal remedies, and results
- Commercial laws guiding energy projects within the country and a comparison with top countries globally.
- Online advertising – working within the framework and guidelines of Advertising Law
- US commercial laws: A review on what needs to change
- Legal framework guiding unfair advertising and marketing practices – a case study analysis
- Business wills — application, significance, and role in translations of Business Law
- Domestic vs International commercial laws of five countries
- Pre-incorporation contracts – a thorough analysis
- International commercial law programs: An assessment of their effectiveness as part of the University curriculum
- Importance of investigating a business’s application for Copyright and Trademark
- Arbitration under commercial law: In-depth analysis and evaluation of policy practice
- Evaluating anti-corruption regulations for businesses through a relevant case study
- Laws governing Corporate Social Responsibility for businesses and their evaluation
- Termination agreements — application, significance, and role in business transactions
- The Law of Contracts — Interpretations and Role in Business Transactions
- Director’s Guarantee – Its role in Business law and the Structure of Transactions
- What is the role of a Business Entity concerning Commercial Law – An analysis
- Contract Laws and an evaluation of the application of Verbal or Nonverbal Agreements
- The role of Commercial Law in establishing a business framework within the society
- The legislature and its role in the interpretation and working of contracts
- Commercial Vs RegularLease – Analysing the pros and cons for the businesses
- Commercial lease – Significance, difficulties, and importance for business owners
International Law Thesis Topics
International law is an important area of interest when it comes to thesis writing. You can focus on studying the legal aspects of economic trade, businesses during the war, global pandemics, and more. Ethics and human rights play a significant role in international matters. Here are some excellent international law research topics to explore:
- Hearings on cases in International Human Rights Court — What precedence says
- Challenges faced by parties involved in contracts related to the International Sale of Goods (CISG) when the Vienna Convention is applied.
- What do the future hold for internet legislation and digital laws
- Are International Tribunals effective in taking action against war crimes?
- An in-depth analysis of various conditions under which international intervention in trade or matters of general affairs of a country is permitted by law
- International criminal laws — an assessment of the underlying principles and need for change
- Human rights law: An international perspective on gaps that need to be addressed
- Violation of Laws and Human Rights when the US got involved in matters of Iraq – An analysis
- Enforcement of international laws in developing countries – Issues, justification, and remedies
- Military cooperation between the UK and the US to address terror — A historical perspective and future analysis
- What are the civil liberties in International law and how do they impact public safety
- Post-Brexit era — where does consumer protection stand?
- Laws ensuring the protection of civilians against unlawful communication during armed conflicts between countries
- International laws governing rescue and protection of human rights of refugees at sea
- International civil jurisdiction on transborder disputes related to the infringement of intellectual property rights — a comprehensive study
Criminal law thesis topics
The study of Criminal law comprises understanding the laws that govern the prosecution of individuals who have committed crimes as defined by law. When you select law master thesis topics based on criminal law, you can choose law enforcement topics related to drug dealing, manslaughter, kidnapping, and more. Some examples are shared below:
- Female and male rape legislations: An in-depth evaluation of critical differences
- Using lie detectors _ an assessment of their efficacy in criminal justice
- Are manslaughter laws possible to misuse — what are the remedies to protect such victims?
- A detailed analysis of crime-related factors best not presented in the court of law and why?
- Witness protection – laws, guidelines, and measures against retaliation
- Death Penalty – History, justification, and analysis
- Criminal theory – A thematic review to explore the connection between morality and crime
- Challenges in identification of the nature of crime and its distribution — an in-depth analysis based on a case study
- Is anatomy justified in lawsuits related to sexual offenses — evaluating the rights of the victim and the defendant
- Legal rights — striking a balance between the rights of the victim and the defendant during the lawsuit
- What are the implications of the war against terror — Enforcement of criminal law and its implications
- A case study analysis of the war against terror
- A case study analysis of racial prejudice in prison
- Religious laws and crimes in developing nations
- Police interrogations – Principles, legal framework, and human rights
Child in conflict with the law thesis topics
These topics are related to the study of issues and laws concerning children who conflict with the law due to committing juvenile crimes.
- Legal protection and rights of children in cases of a child in conflict with the law
- Children in conflict with the law in metro cities and the legal framework guiding the handling of such cases
- Improving the legal protection available for children in conflict with the law
- An in-depth study of the measures available to reintegrate children in conflict with the law into the society
- Laws to facilitate the rehabilitation of children in conflict with the law
- Exploitation and abuse of children in conflict with the law and remedies to prevent it
- Procedures in court for children in conflict with the law
- Violence and exploitation leading children into conflict with the law – Case study analysis
- Human rights and laws supporting children affected by illegal migration
- Analyzing children’s rights against harmful work and economic exploitation
Controversial law topics
As a college student, there will be umpteen issues that will spark debates and encourage you to take a stance either for or against. These may include constitutional law paper topics or laws on sensitive matters that have triggered global emotions. Here are some such topics to explore:
- Reviewing the need for the Gun Law
- Abortion – Pro-choice or pro-life the legal angles
- Understanding religious freedom by law and the freedom of choice to deny service based on religion
- Prescription of addictive opioids as legal painkillers — the justification and after effects
- The legal framework guiding animal research
- Vaccine administration from the perspective of legal implications, compliance and non-compliance, herd immunity, and parental duty
- Right to privacy – the conflict between individual privacy Vs public safety
- Freemarket capitalization – government regulations vs free trade
- Environment support policies, government regulations, and economic costs
- Uniform minimum wage system — controversy, legal parameters, and remedies
- White supremacy — a political ideology that affects the legal and economic framework
- Legalizing marijuana for medicinal and recreational usage
- Capital punishment and its legal justification
- The Marriage Equality Act – Rights and responsibilities in same-sex marriages
- Black lives matter — an insight into the lack of political or legal repercussions for death in custody
- Immigration restrictions and reforms – scope for improvement and change
- The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program and upholding deportation protection
- Temporary blocking of international students during the Corona Virus Pandemic – Legal implications
- Transgender rights — Remedies against discrimination and injustice caused by inequality
- Islamic Criminal law vis a vis Human Rights — an analysis.
Sports law topics
Sport is an ever-intriguing subject, and it offers some interesting legal topics for dissertation writing. Your topic can cover international sports laws, rules and regulations guiding sports, sporting bodies, their jurisdiction, and more.
- Cheerleading teams — negligence across different case studies
- Sports law implications on cases of doping in international events
- Legal aspects of international sporting events and the role of social media
- The transnational perspective of sports management – an overview
- Bosman Rulings – The EU Sports law and its international implications
- The management of club sports in the UK and related laws
- Match-fixing in football and sports laws governing the same
- Match-fixing in cricket and international sports laws governing the same
- Sportspersons marketing – Reviewing legal issues and influences
- Sports promotion aids in the UK, US, and EU — legal implications
- Legal aspects related to governance and monitoring of sports organizations
- Sports laws on lifestyle sports – a review
- National governing bodies of sports and their legal stance
- The role and impact of labor contracts concerning UK sporting bodies
- Policies and practices of the US sports law
- Visa systems for international sportspersons and problems faced by them
- Constitutional rights of student-athletes
- Sexual harassment in sports and laws against it
- Policies aiding the promotion and protection of rights of transgender athletes
- Coaches’ contract and employment laws
Hot thesis topics in employment law
Employment law offers some very interesting law topics to work on. Under this, you can write your dissertation on labor laws, worker compensation, immigration laws, minimum wages, wrongful termination, and many such research topics in law.
- How employment laws convergence with religion in the US
- UK employment laws — A before and after comparison after exiting the EU
- UK Trade Unions and their impact — challenges and successes
- A review of unfair dismissal laws in the UK
- Employment laws in the UK and US automobile industry — A comparative study
- Employment contracts in the UK manufacturing industry — A comprehensive study of job satisfaction
- Issues with application and enforcement of laws in international firms: A case study
- Agency workers — employment rights and legal status in firms
- US ‘Fire at will’ employment ability and should it be made possible in the UK.
- Social work employment — Reviewing all legal aspects through a case study
- Employee dismissal — a comparison of UK and EU laws.
- Working parents and the benefits of Flexibility Working Regulations 2002
- Gender differences in employment laws and regulations across the US and the UK.
- Analyzing the efficacy of sexual harassment laws in the workplace
- Employee mobility across EU countries — a legal overview.
- Employment laws concerning the disabled in the UK — policies, and practices
- Equality Act 2010 and the rights of disabled
- A comprehensive study of the right to fair labor practices in the UK
- Unfair Vs Wrongful — what offers greater protection under employment laws
- Zero-hour contracts — significance and ways to improve
Medical law and ethics thesis topics
Medical law focuses on the rights and responsibilities of patients and medical professionals. Some exciting areas of medical law that you can focus on include patient confidentiality, patient consent, negligence, professional malpractice, failure in diagnosing, treatment malpractices leading to injury or death, and patient defamation among other topics.
- Laws governing organ retention — pros and cons
- Organ transplantation — A comprehensive study of governing laws in the US.
- Abortion — A comprehensive study of governing laws and stages when abortion is allowed or forbidden in the UK.
- Do judges handling medical disputes need special education to ensure fact-based judgments?
- Forced sterilization — laws, implementation, and who is to be targeted?
- Laws governing medical research — a comprehensive study
- Disputes arising due to medical complications during surgeries — legal implications
- Unregistered medical intervention — Legal implications in the US
- Electronic fetal monitoring and concerning laws.
- Medical ethics in practice concerning medical law
- Assisted suicide — the legal, ethical, and medical perspectives
- Lawsuits and their effect on the commitment and dedication of medical practitioners
- Biobanks — The associated legal and ethical challenges
- Is it possible for medical practitioners to treat mental disorders without bias?
- Laws against animal cruelty during medical research — a case study
Family law thesis topics
Besides marriage, divorce, custody, compensation, and alimony, you can cover several other interesting aspects of family law in your dissertation. Given below are some examples of topics you can explore:
- UK Family Law — Changes over the past five decades.
- Human rights in countries following religious family laws
- Family lawsuits and how they are impacted by culture
- Domestic violence and its effects on men Vs women
- Deciding custody in divorce cases and the importance of the child’s desire in influencing the court’s decision
- Divorce law and how it has impacted the number of divorces
- Child neglect and its legal implications in the US
- Child justice Vs family justice: Evaluating the compatibility
- What are the factors that prevent couples from seeking a divorce?
- US family law — is it due for reforms?
- Family law and its provisions when a divorced parent wishes to move abroad with the child
- Cohabitation Law in the US and is it due for reforms
- Divorce laws — are they gender-biased or is it only a perception
- Custody rights when the child has learning disabilities — a comprehensive overview
- Do Islamic traditions impact family laws of UK-based Muslims
- UK family laws governing financial decisions in cases of dementia and forced separation
- Rights of children to have a family life in non-marital families
- Family laws governing marriage and divorce in transgender people — a comparison of US and UK
- Legal implications of non-consensual adoption in the US
- The role of grandparents in the social fabric and provisions in the Family law
The topics mentioned above are great examples of what you can write on. However, if you are still confused, are running against time, have too much on your platter, or are simply unsure how to proceed to feel free to take law thesis help from some of the best-rated writers we have on board.
Feel free to ask for a sample from the professional you shortlist, and we will be happy to assist you all the way. Get in touch with us online or call us for help with a research paper. We have a team of experienced writers who offer high-quality, original work done to perfection. Our services are available at cheap and affordable rates as we are aware that we are assisting college students. So go ahead and connect with us for quality assistance to get you good grades and a stress-free time to focus on your academic commitments.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Put a stop to deadline pressure, and have your homework done by an expert.
237 Law Dissertation Topics To Impress Your Professor
For every PhD or Masters student of law, the dissertation is the last stride. The fear it breeds in many students is because of the complexity involved in writing the dissertation or thesis. A dissertation is an academic document that shows your career expertise and research capacity.
While it is difficult to write, it is more difficult to develop dissertation topics. There are different categories of law, and you may be faced with the challenge of creating something knowledgeable to show you’re educated and fit to earn your certificate.
Dissertations must be unique, and this content is a post of undergraduate dissertation topics that will blow your professor’s mind. Go through the list and choose a topic you can afford to research and write like experts. Before you do that, how do you go about your law dissertation structure?
Law Dissertation Structure
While the structure of your research depends on what you’re writing on and the general expectations from your professor or supervisor, a structure looks like this:
The Title Page This is where you write your topic as well as your name. The Abstract This is a concise overview of everything your research is about. It must not be more than 300 words, and it should be written after you complete the project. This is because you need to integrate what you set out to do and what you found out during research and writing in your abstract. Table of Content This is a proper structure of each title and subtitles discussed in your dissertation. Introduction This is sometimes a summary of what you need to discuss in the dissertation. However, it integrates the background of the study and many other things that will be discussed below. Research Methodology This is a clarification of your intended method for research. It is an overview of how you’ll conduct the research and the form of research it will be. You may choose to use both qualitative and quantitative research method, or either of the two. Literature Review This is perhaps the most dreaded part of dissertations. Your literature review is important as it shows your understanding of previous discussions on your chosen topic. It demonstrates that you’re educated and willing to undergo thorough research to create an impeccable dissertation.You only need to review about eight to ten of the literature to provide an interesting argument on your topic. Your literature review must be profound, and it must assess almost every detail your dissertation topic is centered around. Results or Evidence This is generally the presentation of your arguments and the provision of facts to back them up. You must discuss the problem you investigated and the findings you have. You should use the chapters and the subheadings to create the best dissertation anyone in your class or graduate school could ever write. Conclusion This is the part where you draw the curtain on your ideas. At this juncture, you carefully write a concise overview of everything you’ve written to repeat everything at a glance. Recommendations This is where you suggest opinions that readers with authority can consider to improve on what you’ve discussed. If there are complexities, your recommendations are pointers to correcting them.
Now that you know these, attempt any of these interesting custom law dissertation topics for your university dissertation. However, if you have better since to do than wasting your time on a boring paper, buy dissertation from our expert helpers and feel free to perform any activities you want.
Law Dissertation Ideas
Dissertations require your profound reflection on the reality of the issues posed at you. You need to consider pre-existing debates on a concept and add your voice to the arguments. You can subject your dissertation to any of these law topics:
- Argue a new framework for gun laws in the US
- Examine the essentiality of new healthcare policies
- The source of the judicial power in the UK is much different from the US, discuss
- How does the international court infringe on the judiciary system of any country of your choice?
- Comment on any of the war crimes trials of any leader in the past
- Comment on the duty of care for children and how it could seem like a liability
- Citing three examples, what necessitates the need for reforms?
- How did the UK government reform its political structure?
- How did the US meet up with the global requirements for judiciary structure?
- What is heh legal framework of online advertisement?
- What are the laws biding privacy in social media?
- The recent trends on privacy issues citing Facebook.
- What would be the alternative if Facebook and Google don’t “exploit” user data to provide the feeds that matter most to their users?
- The legal framework for web3
- Reactions from leading authorities on the worry over Bitcoin
- How can web3 change the legal atmosphere?
- Police interrogations and the American legal system: comment
- The Indian police and human rights issues: discuss
- The Afghanistan or Taliban soldier and the place of the judiciary amid violence
- Importance of corporate social responsibility in public firms
- The provision for UNHCR and the nature of their work
- The Chinese police, in comparison with Russian police
- A legal study of isolated North Korea
- A legal examination of Switzerland
- How children rehabilitation could end the conflict
- Religious laws are against legal thoughts: discuss
- What is the place of state extremism in law?
- The Indian Constitution and the establishment of free speech
- The concerns about the American constitution
- A critical analysis of emergency provisions in the France constitution.
Criminal Law Dissertation Topics
Crime is a common thing in contemporary society. It is punishable by law, and criminal law is defined by the laws governing the punishments for all crimes. If you’d devote your dissertation to criminal law, you can choose from this best list of topics:
- The overwhelming nature of the death penalty
- Racial prejudice and consequences in Poland
- The Switz bank and the challenges with crime
- Racial crimes in India and the provisions
- Racial crimes in South Africa and the provisions for justice
- Why every country should have provisions for racial crimes
- How the police launch an investigation into a rape case
- Critically evaluate the challenges of the Russian police
- Assess the movie Money Heist, in concert with any country’s legal provisions for crime
- Analyze recent discoveries on sexual offenses act from any country of your choice
- Give a comprehensive review of the difference between a male or female victim of rape
- Evaluate the factors that can affecting the proceedings of a defendant in court
- Why is a defendant always advised not to take the stand?
- How credible can lie detectors be?
- Investigate crime and morality and the existing thin line
- The war on terror and US global policing: comment
- Assess the violence in cracking down protests in any country of your choice
- Implications of war on terrors in the UK
- An overview of human rights and Islamic provisions
- Gang and crime: difference to individual crime.
Family Law Dissertation Topics
There are major issues families face. These are what family law devotes attention to, and the issue of divorce and child custody are some of the most pressing issues. You can choose any of these good topics for your dissertation:
- Citing any country in Latin America, what are the event changes in family law?
- The persistence of domestic violence in any country of your choice
- The American government provides for victims of domestic abuse: how?
- The essence of social and legal foundations in the security of marriage
- Resolving conflict in the home without affecting kids
- How do partners account for weaknesses?
- How family laws negate contemporary laws
- The influence of divorce on the reformation of family law
- What are the parameters that ascertain who takes child custody?
- Examine the literature review on child justice
- Cite the case of a child living with a disability and the challenges parents face
- Comment on the legal framework of parenting
- Defend why physical corrections or assaults are illegal in the US
- The rising questions about the status of the US family law structure
- Child maintenance act: review any three countries provisions
- Laws relating to divorce in the UK
- The exceptions for divorce
- Child welfare: secondary or primary to family law?
- Domestic violence: compare and contrast male and female experiences
- Partnership and parenting are the same: discuss.
Medical Law Dissertation Topics
These are dissertation topics that deal with the duties and the rights of both patients and medical personnel. You can choose to demonstrate how law safeguards these individuals through any of these law topics:
- Law binding organ donors
- The world should rethink euthanasia
- Law binding IVF treatment
- Law binding abortion rights
- Why marijuana should be adopted in medical care
- Why doctors should face the consequences for failed surgeries
- Ethics in the medical profession
- Patients can be allowed to take their life
- Should incarcerated criminals be treated when sick?
- In what cases can doctors release confidential medical reports of their clients?
- Laws on egg donation should be reviewed
- Is surrogacy ethical?
- Who is responsible for complications during surgeries and why?
- What are the ethics in medicine?
- What is the meeting point for law and medicine?
- Laws guiding high mental disorders
- Lawsuits affect medical practices: comment
- Law and animal cruelty
- Law on assisted suicide
- The law on unregistered medical intervention.
Human Rights Law Dissertation Topics
You may consider focusing on the fundamental law for all humans. Human rights laws guide everyone without prejudice to any specific biases. You can then choose to elaborate on any of these good dissertation topics — law:
- Life imprisonment and how it changes people
- European Convention on Human Rights and provisions on life imprisonment
- Same-sex marriage and human rights: evaluate
- Human rights and society unity: discuss
- The complex nature of human rights and permission to abortion
- The life and death penalty and the exceptions
- What are the pointers to achieving human rights at the workplace
- How international human rights bodies can help states without human rights
- Human rights and social media
- The international bodies role in achieving human rights in Asia
- The intervention of first world countries in achieving human rights in third world countries
- The academic approach to human rights and law
- Women are more prioritized than men: comment
- Human rights are overrated: discuss
- Strong institutions and wealth are essential to achieving human rights
- Workplace bullying contradicts human rights laws: discuss
- Human right is a luxury
- Data protection policies do not work
- A special constitution on human rights should be created
- What is the place of torture in human rights law?
Employment Law Dissertation Topics
The relationship between employers and employees is examined in employment law. It also encompasses employment security, labor activities, wages, trade unions, and more. You can attempt any of these topics:
- A comprehensive overview of job security provisions
- How gender difference is a determinant of job recruitment
- The trade unions are as important as the employees
- An overview of discrimination law in any Scandinavian country
- An overview of the laws for disabled people
- The relationship between the work environment in the US and Germany
- The challenges of human rights protection at the workplace
- The chaos of employees regulations act in any country of your choice
- Citing proper case studies, evaluate the role played by trade unions
- Role, challenges, and prospects of trade unions in India
- Role and challenges of trade unions in China
- Review the human rights section of an international firm and spot errors
- Social work in conjunction with employment law: comment
- How do remote job contracts work in the US?
- Evaluate how airlines relate with their employees
- Compare and contrast the US and UK Employment laws
- Discuss employment mobility in India
- How contractor relationships with employees become learned
- The challenges in the UK after exit from Brexit
- The efficiency of human rights in pursuing and getting equal wages.
Company Law Dissertation Topics
These topics discuss incorporation benefits, assets of limited liability, capital, gaining investors, and many other laws that encircle company activities. You can choose to elaborate on any of the best custom law topics:
- Why non-executive directors are essential
- How companies promote corporate governance
- Corporate governance is essential over corporate social responsibility: discuss
- The minority is not important while making company decisions since the majority love it: discuss
- How minority shareholder rights are prioritized
- What are the best practices for corporate governance?
- The consequence of the 2008 financial crisis in the companies responsible
- How companies take responsibility for mass errors: cite three cases
- Corporate laws in African markets
- Corporate laws in Chinese markets
- How do companies protect their interest outside the home country
- How do improve corporate performance of s company through law
- The principle of corporate governance and the practical models
- The thin line between corporate governance and social responsibility
- How does corporate governance influence the line of actions in Switzerland?
- The challenges in establishing corporate governance policies
- Compare and contrast Islamic shariah and corporate governance law
- How governments influence corporate governance
- A study of the laws ensuring multinational organizations pay tax
- The challenge of underdeveloped economies in achieving true social responsibility to the public.
International Law Dissertation Topics
You may choose to express your education on the laws that guide how sovereign states relate in the international space. These are dissertation topics that express how states are treated across borders. Consider these:
- Relationship between international law and domestic law
- How does the UK address terrors?
- How does the US address terror?
- How does Russia address terror just as it’s doing with Ukraine?
- How does South Africa assess pressure or terror and react?
- How does China react and act to pressure?
- What binds any country to obey international laws?
- Brexit: what does it mean for the world?
- What is the role of the US in maintaining global order
- The challenges in enforcing international law
- Human rights issues in India
- How nationals of other countries may commit a crime and escape it
- The provision for digital crimes
- The provision safeguarding trading on cryptocurrency
- What are the attempts to protect international human rights in the face of undue pressure from marginalized persons
- What are the biggest odds for corporate social responsibility?
- What do fast-rising cities mean for international migration and human rights?
- What does terrorism mean to human rights?
- How does a nation attain credibility as a safe country to live in?
- How can rape as an international crime be acknowledged in countries where the military rules?
- The future of the Arab Israeli crisis
- Can it be rightly said that the elongation of the crisis is because of the intervention of superpowers?
- Safe travel into Jerusalem: discuss
- Safety in the international community: a facade
- Prospects for the Ukrainian and Russian crisis
- Prospects of fast-rising third world countries and commitment to international human rights
- How wars can hamper human rights
- Human rights and attainment of weapons of war, what’s more important?
- Challenges of investors in the global market
- How renewable energy is still a distant dream in the international space
Commercial Law Dissertation Topics
You can decide to write on the topics relating to legal practice in trade, commerce, sales, environmental regulations, real estate regulations, etc. Consider these active topics:
- Predatory pricing: a case study of China
- Trade policies of China
- Compare and contrast the trade policies of China and India
- Compare and contrast the trade policies of members of the EU
- Assess the conclusion of the Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods and what it means for the world
- Assess the role of international commercial companies in promoting exploitation
- The challenge of investing in real estate and the law that protects the investment
- How does a country’s trading law affect multinational companies?
- Examine how Pre-incorporation contract means and how it works
- How to meditate corporate social responsibility
- Effects of Chinese laws on MNCs
- A case study of Tesla: how did Tesla gain Mary edge in China
- Evaluate commercial law in Wales and the UK
- Commercial law, compare and contrast USA and Switzerland
- Choose two countries in Latin America and assess the relationship of MNCs there
- Africa is dumping yard for European products: discuss
- Critically assess the emergence of international law
- Investigate how sufficient a country can be without MNCs, using their case studies
- The consequences of international commercial laws in Mexico
- Evaluate corporate social responsibility in India
Intellectual Property Law Dissertation Topics
Intellectual property lawyers deal with the rights of artistic works and intangible assets. You can find your dissertation on topics like:
- How technology affects intellectual property rights
- How technology helps with the manipulation of copyright
- How protected are trademarks in Europe?
- How protected are trademarks in India?
- How protected are intellectual property rights: compare and contrast the UK and the US
- Is there a concern about trademarks in China?
- Emerging technologies and intellectual property rights
- Copyright laws: discuss
- How do painters protect their work?
- How artists stay secure even on the internet
- Compare and contrast intellectual property in China and India
- Evaluate the patterns to latent models
- How to secure ideas with intellectual property rights
- Is file-sharing against intellectual property rights?
- How rephrasing violates intellectual property rights
- Intellectual property rights in Russia
- Patent lawsuits: cite three lawsuits on patent protection
- How laws on copyright are improved
- How laws on patent protection can be improved
- EU and America: compare and contrast intellectual property laws
- How can intellectual property rights be safeguarded permanently?
- The policies of YouTube on copyright
- The policies of Spotify on copyright and how it follows it up
- The policies of Netflix on copyright and how it follows it up
- The challenges of copyrights in banned books
- The digitization of the media and copyright issues
- Intellectual property rights in the Middle East.
Professional Dissertation Writing Help
Now that you have access to the best dissertation topics law you can create a high quality dissertation for your graduate school degree. You can even wow your supervisor with a custom proposal that you don’t need to write.
If you’d like to focus on something else, you can hire a team of professional writers for your college, undergraduate, or graduate classes. We are an online assignment help service that has offered hundreds of dissertation help to students across Europe, including Ivy-League schools. Great thing is: we’re based online.
Our writers are educated, and they’ll create dissertations that will make you succeed. You will earn top marks, and you won’t have issues connecting with us because we have 24/7 customer support. We are affordable, pocket-friendly, and we have a fast response rate. We’ll write the best dissertation for your graduation when you make an order.
Get on top of your homework.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- How it works
How much will your dissertation cost?
Have an expert academic write your dissertation paper!
Get unlimited topic ideas and a dissertation plan for just £45.00
Order topics and plan
Get 1 free topic in your area of study with aim and justification
Yes I want the free topic
Law Dissertation Topics
Published by Owen Ingram at January 9th, 2023 , Revised On October 5, 2023
Law dissertations can be demanding because of the need to find relevant regulations, cases, and data to address the research problem successfully. It is of utmost importance to critically examine facts before framing the research questions .
Selection of the most appropriate legal terms and legal authorities, whether online or in print, can be challenging especially if you have not tackled a law dissertation project before.
To help you select an intriguing law dissertation topic, our expert writers have suggested some issues in various areas of law, including trust law, EU law, family law, employment and equality law, public law, tort law, intellectual property rights, commercial law, evidence, and criminal law, and human rights and immigration law.
These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team , so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
Review step by step guide on how to write your own dissertation here.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the topic, research question , aim and objectives , literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our dissertation examples to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation .
Review the full list of dissertation topics for 2022 here.
2022 Law Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: the role of international criminal laws in reducing global genocide.
Research Aim: This study aims to find the role of international criminal laws in reducing global genocide. It will be an exploratory study identifying the explicit and implicit effects of international criminal laws on the worldwide genocide. It will analyse different incidents of international genocide and find out how international criminal laws played a positive role to reduce these incidents. Lastly, it will recommend possible changes in the international criminal laws to effectively mitigate global genocide. And it will be done by comparing criminal laws of world-leading powers to reduce genocide.
Topic 2: Impact of Anti-Racism Employment Laws on Organisational Culture- A Comparative Study on the Anti-Racism Employment Laws in the US and Canada
Research Aim: This research aims to find the impact of anti-racism employment laws on the organisational culture in the US and Canada in a comparative analysis. It will identify the change in employees’ behaviour after implementing anti-racism laws. Moreover, it will find whether employees gleefully welcomed these laws or showed resistance. And how do these laws affect the organisations’ performance that strictly implemented them?
Topic 3: Globalization, international business transactions, and commercial law- A perspective from literature.
Research Aim: Students and practitioners can find the law of international business transactions as a subfield within a broader field of international commercial law to be somewhat amorphous.
This study will explain the impact of globalization on international business transactions and commercial law by establishing some necessary links between the study of transnational business law and related fields of international studies. This study also aims to address theories about foreign business regulation, such as the idea that it is free of power politics. For the collection of data existing literature will be studied. And the methodology of this research will rely on existing previous literature.
Topic 4: Investigating the impact of competition law on the businesses in the UK- Post Brexit
Research Aim: This study aims to investigate the impact of competition laws on businesses in the Post-Brexit UK. The proposed study will not only analyze the performance of the businesses with the current competition laws. But also analyze the impact of possible changes in competition laws on the businesses in the post-Brexit UK. And it will also incorporate the possible difference of changes in competition laws in deal, no-deal, hard deal, and soft deal scenarios. This way of individually analyzing the difference of competition laws due to the status of the UK’s deal with the EU will give better insights into how businesses will be affected by these laws in the post-Brexit UK.
Topic 5: A comparison between Islamic and contemporary laws against rape. Which law is the most effective in preventing this horrific crime?
Research Aim: Since several years, marital and non-marital relations in Muslim majority countries have been a source of controversy. Under Islamic law, it is strictly forbidden for a Muslim, or even non-Muslim to engage in illicit sexual relations with the opposite gender under any situation. The current study will help us understand the concepts presented in Islamic laws about rape cases. In this context, a comparative analysis of Islamic and contemporary law will be explained. It will also identify efficient and effective strategies to prevent this horrific crime.
Law Dissertation Topics 2021
Topic 1: the legal implications of the covid-19 pandemic on canadian immigration and the way forward..
Research Aim: This study will focus on how the Canadian government benefits from resources accrued from immigration, the impact of COVID-19 on Canadian Immigration, the current legislation on immigration, the effects of COVID-19 on the immigration law, the possible amendments that could help cushion the impact and the way forward.
Topic 2: Effect of COVID-19 on the United States Immigration policies; an assessment of International Legal agreements governing pandemic disease control and the way forward.
Research Aim: This research will focus on the pandemic’s effect on immigration policies in the United States. It also suggests the required steps based on the laws that regulate government acts during an outbreak of a pandemic.
Topic 3: Creating legal policies in preparedness for the global pandemic; lessons from COVID-19 on Canadian immigration policies.
Research Aim: This research will focus on how the COVID-19 pandemic hit the world and how most countries seemed unprepared. Historical background of the flu pandemic can also be made to assess how the world overcame the pandemic. And the need for the Canadian government or any other country you wish to choose can prepare for a global pandemic by creating legal policies that could help prepare ahead for such a period, such as policies on scientific research and funding.
Topic 4: The need for uniformity of competition law and policy in Gulf Cooperation Council Countries; An approach to the European Union standard.
Research Aim: This research will focus on the Gulf Cooperation Countries and their current legislation on competition law and its implications. Countries under the European Union’s competition law, the legal implications, and the need to consider such a part.
Topic 5: The need for competition law and policy enforcement; An analysis of the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries.
Research Aim: This research focuses on the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries’ competition laws and their enforceability. It analyses the benefits of enforcing the competition law and looks at the European Union uniformed laws and its benefits. It looks into the various countries, how the competition law currently works, and how it can affect each country’s economy in a better way or adequately enforced.
Topic 6: Provisions of the law on rape, the need to expand its coverage on the misuse of its provisions, and false accusations.
Research Aim: This research will focus on the law’s present provisions on rape and rape victims and the recent false accusations.
Topic 7: Summary dismissal of workers during the COVID-19 pandemic, the legal implications under the labour law, and the way forward. The case study of Nigeria
Research Aim: This research will focus on the statistics of people who were summarily dismissed during the COVID-19 pandemic based on natural occurrences, provisions of the law against summary dismissal, and its enforcement, and how this can be cushioned against future events. The need to expand the labour law to cover similar situations for the protection of workers.
Topic 8: A legal assessment of the settlement of international disputes through the peaceful process and its effectiveness
Research Aim: This research focuses on the mode of dispute settlement in the international community, assessment of international laws and treaties on peaceful settlement of conflicts among countries of member states, the methods of dispute settlements, its strengths and weaknesses, and the need to improve the current mechanisms of peaceful settlement in the international community.
Topic 9: The protection of minority shareholders and the majority shareholders' power in Companies, a critical analysis of the Nigerian Companies and Allied Matters Act provisions.
Research Aim: This research will focus on the law’s provisions on protecting minority shareholders in companies and the majority shareholders’ power. How effective are these provisions in protecting the minorities against the management of the majority shareholders and the way forward
COVID-19 Law Research Topics
Topic 1: law during the time of the coronavirus crisis.
Research Aim: This study will analyse the role of law and order during COVID-19.
Topic 2: Legal policies and issues during COVID-19
Research Aim: This study will focus on the legal policies issued during the COVID-19 across the world. Challenges faced by the public and government during the lockdown will also be addressed.
Topic 3: The role of cops during COVID-19
Research Question: This study will highlight the role of cops in combatting COVID-19 and ensuring public health safety. It’ll also focus on the risk and challenges they come across and how to overcome those challenges.
Topic 4: Justice during COVID-19
Research Aim: The entire world has been paused during the lockdown situation. This study will investigate the mode of trials, court sessions, and justice during the coronavirus pandemic.
Topic 5: Health guidelines and social distancing
Research Aim: This study will reveal the WHO’s health and safety guidelines.
Topic 6: Guidelines for transport, educational institutions, business sectors, and hospitals during the Coronavirus pandemic
Research Aim: This study will focus on reviewing the guidelines issued by the government for various public gathering places such as transport, educational institutions, business sectors, and hospitals during the Coronavirus pandemics.
Topic 1: World Bank developmental projects and greater accountability
Research Aim: Examine communities impacted by development operations under the World Bank Development project schemes using the project law model to understand the lack of participation and successful influence of these communities to improve accountability and good governance.
Topic 2: The right to bear arms: Rethinking the second amendment
Research Aim: Gun control and the right to bear arms has been an ever-evolving web discourse in the United States. The research aims at analysing how gun control laws have changed in the USA since specifically focusing on the 2nd Amendment and its original framework.
Topic 3: Rethinking the international legal framework protecting journalists in war and conflict zones.
Research Question: Is the current legal framework still appropriate for protecting journalists in today’s conflict zones? Research Aim: The primary body of law that is set out to protect journalists includes the Geneva Conventions and their additional Protocols. However, since the time they have been drafted and decades after, there have been conspicuous changes to the way warfare is conducted. It is imperative to examine this body of law in order to improve it as journalists have now become prime targets in war zones and conflict areas because of their profession.
Topic 4: A critical analysis of employment law of disabled individuals in the UK and what new policies can be integrated to increase its efficiency.
Research Aim: Employment or labour law has always been under the limelight. Many critiques and researchers have proposed different amendments to the existing law pertaining to labour and employee. The main aim of the research is to critically analyse the employment law of disabled individuals in the UK along with effective recommendations that need to be made in order to make the existing law more efficient and effective.
Topic 5: A critical evaluation of racial discrimination laws in developed countries and how it impacts the workplace environment
Research Aim: Racial discrimination has always been a controversial issue in almost every part of the World. However, many developed countries (companies) face severe racial discrimination issues that directly impact their name and brand value. Therefore, this research provides a critical evaluation of the racial discrimination laws, particularly in developed countries. Moreover, the research will be focusing on how racial discrimination laws are impacting the workplace environment.
Topic 6: A comparative analysis of legislation, policy, and guidelines of domestic abuse between UK and USA.
Research Aim: Domestic laws basically deal with and provide criminal rules for punishing individuals who have physically or emotionally harmed their own family members. It has been found out that many domestic cases of abuse are not reported to the concerned authority. Due to this reason, the main focus of the research is to conduct a comparative analysis of legislation, policy, and guidelines of domestic abuse between the UK and the USA and how effective both the countries have been to minimise domestic abuse.
Topic 7: Analyzing the negative impact of technology in protecting the intellectual property rights of corporations.
Research Aim: Intellectual property has gained significant importance after the emergence of counterfeit products coming from different parts of the world. It has been found out that many factors have motivated the sale of counterfeit products. Therefore, this research aims at analysing the negative impact of technology in protecting the intellectual property rights of products and corporations.
Topic 8: A critical assessment of the terrorism act of 2010 and its impact on Muslims living around the globe.
Research Aim: Since the incident of 9/11, the entire world has been under the pressure of terrorism activities, especially Muslims living around the world. Therefore, this research intends to critically assess the terrorism act of 2010 and its impact on Muslims living around the globe.
Trust Law Dissertation Topics
The trust law requires the settler to meet the three certainties, including the object, intention, and subject matter. As posted to a moral obligation or mere gift, confidence of choice can be best described as clarity of purpose. Some interesting dissertation topics in the field of trust law are listed below:
- To investigate the attitude of the courts to trusts supporting political agendas.
- To identify and discuss principles on which half-secret and full secret trusts are enforced? Does a literature review highlight circumstances where it is essential to consider whether such beliefs are constructive and express?
- The role and impact of trust law as asset portioning and fiduciary governance
- From law to faith: Letting go of secret trusts
- Critical analysis of the statement “Traditionally, equity and the law of trusts have been concerned with providing justice to balance out the rigour of the common law” regarding modern equity development/operation.
- Should the assumption of resulting trusts and progression be abolished in this modern age? A critical review of the literature
- A critical examination of the courts’ concern of financial reward in the context of “trustee powers of investment”
- Does the doctrine of cypress do justice to the intentions of the testator?
- The impact of the decision of Harrison v Gibson on the law of the clarity of intention?
- The approval of trustees in the Zimbabwean law of trusts
Want more? Read this.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
European Law Dissertation Topics
European law has recently attracted wide attention from the academic world, thanks to the growing influence of European Law on administrative law in EU members. It should be noted that every aspect of life in European states is significantly affected by European law, and therefore this area of research has gained tremendous popularity. Some exciting and specific research areas are given below:
- A critical review of the European anti-discrimination Law
- To investigate the economics and history of European Law.
- An investigation of the European human rights law
- Investigating the impact of “Freedom of Speech” on the German economy
- Investigating the impact of immigration laws on the German economy
- How the French parliamentary sovereignty has been affected by the European Union
- Uniform interpretation of European patent law with a unique view on the creation of a standard patent court
- The impact of European consensus in the jurisprudence of the European court of human rights
- The impact of the European convention on human rights on the international human rights law
- A critical analysis of the tensions between European trade and social policy
- To investigate the European Union’s enforcement actions and policies against member countries.
- European Laws amidst the Brexit process
Read this Article.
Family Law Dissertation Topics
A wide range of topics are covered under the field of family law and the law of children. Essentially, this area of law takes into consideration the registration of marriages, statutory rights concerning marriage, the effects of a decree, void and voidable marriages, the impact of the Human Rights Act, the legal stature of unmarried and married individuals, and the case for reform of UK family law . Other research areas include enforcing financial responsibilities in the Magistrates court, enforcing the arrears of maintenance payments, the award of maintenance, enforcing financial obligations to children or a child, financial orders for children, and the Child Support Act. An extremely intriguing area of law that has gained tremendous popularity in the modern era, some specific dissertation topics in this area of law studies are listed below:
- Investigating therapeutic and theoretical approaches to deal with spouse abuse in light of the UK government’s latest research on domestic violence
- Unmarried fathers’ access to parental responsibility – Does the current law enforce rights and responsibilities towards children?
- To study the criminal justice process involving a child witness.
- The children’s right to participation – Rhetoric or Reality? – A critical review of literature from the past two decades
- To study the position of unmarried fathers in the UK.
- Does the UK Family law need a major reform?
- A critical review of the rights of married women in real estate
- Child welfare and the role of local authorities
- To study the legal and social foundations of parenting, civil partnership, and marriage.
- To examine whether the Child Support Act has positively influenced child maintenance?
“Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
Employment Law Dissertation Topics
Employment and equality law governs the relationship between the government, trade unions, employers, and employees. Employment and equality law in the UK is a body of law that prevents bias and negative attitudes towards someone based on their ethnicity or race rather than work skills and experience. Some interesting dissertation topics in this area of law are below:
- A critical investigation of the right to fair labor practices in the United Kingdom
- To determine the job’s inherent requirements as a defence to unfair discrimination or a claim – A comparison between the United Kingdom and Canada.
- The role of the South African Labour Relations Act in providing unhappy staff sufficient protection against unfair dismissals and discrimination at the workplace
- To investigate the impact of HIV/AIDS on employees’ lives with a focus on unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- To assess ethnic discrimination in the European Union: Derogations from the ban on discrimination – Sexual harassment – Equal pay for equal value work.
- To study the international employment contract – Regulation, perception, and reality.
- To identify and discuss challenges associated with equality at work.
- A study of the legal aspects of the relationship between employer and employee
- How influential is the role of trade unions in English employment law?
- A critical review of discrimination policies in the UK
Order a Proposal
Worried about your dissertation proposal? Not sure where to start?
- Choose any deadline
- Plagiarism free
- Unlimited free amendments
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Completed to match exact requirements
Commercial Law Dissertation Topics
Commercial law, also known as business law, is the whole body of substantive jurisprudence applicable to the conduct, relations, and rights of sales, trade, merchandising, and businesses and persons associated with commerce. Important issues of law covered by commercial law include real estate, secured transactions, credit transactions, bankruptcy, banking, and contracts. An intriguing area of law within the UK, specific topics for your law dissertation are listed below:
- The impact of legislation for the regulation of investments services with EU economic area on the EU financial services market
- Handling regulatory involvement incorporates organisational structure and strategy.
- A study of convergence and complementarities concerning international corporate governance
- How drafting and diffusion of uniform norms can help to harmonise the law of international commercial arbitration?
- Convergence and adaption in corporate governance to transnational standards in India
- A critical review of the international commercial arbitration system
- Analysing the international commercial law on risk transfer
- The role of the tripartite financial system in the UK on economic development
- A comparative analysis of European contract law, international commercial contracts law, and English commercial contracts law
- Is the European contracts law meeting the needs of the commercial community?
- A critical review of anti-corruption legislation in the UK
- The problems of director accountability in the UK and the impact of soft and hard law on corporate governance
Criminal and Evidence Law Dissertation Topics
Criminal law can be defined as a system of law dealing with the punishment of criminals. Criminal evidence, on the other hand, concerns evidence/testimony presented in relation to criminal charges. Evidence can be presented in various forms in order to prove and establish crimes. A wide array of topics can be covered in this subject area. To help you narrow down your research focus, some interesting topics are suggested below:
- The politics of criminal law reform with a focus on lower-court decision making
- To understand and establish the historical relationship between human rights and Islamic criminal law
- Investigating the rights of victims in internal criminal courts
- The efficacy of the law of rape in order to prevent misuse by bogus victims and to protect rightful victims
- To assess the criminal law’s approach to Omissions
- To investigate the issues associated with the identification of the distribution, extent, and nature of the crime
- A critical review of the Bad Samaritan laws and the law of omissions liability
- How international criminal law has been significant influenced by the “war on terrors”?
- The efficacy of modern approaches to the definition of intention in International criminal law
- The efficacy of the law of corporate manslaughter
Company Law Dissertation Topics
Company law, also known as the law of business associations , is the body of law that deals with business organisations and their formation, registration, incorporation, governance, dissolution, and administration. Some suggestions for company law dissertation topics are listed below:
- Developing equity markets in growing economies and the importance of corporate law
- A critical review of English company law and its effects on member workers and creditors
- To investigate the essential aspects of corporate law.
- To study business responsibilities for human rights.
- Identifying disparities in corporate governance – Theories and Realities
- The external relations of company groups in Zambian Corporate law
- To study corporate governance practices concerning the minority stakeholders.
- Establishing and evaluating arguments for and against “stakeholder theory.”
- The importance of non-executive directors in the British corporate legal system
- Investigating the regulation of the UK public company
Hire an Expert Writer
Orders completed by our expert writers are
- Formally drafted in academic style
- Free Amendments and 100% Plagiarism Free – or your money back!
- 100% Confidential and Timely Delivery!
- Appreciated by thousands of clients. Check client reviews
Intellectual Property and Tort Law Dissertation topics
All forms of legal injury are dealt with under the subject area of tort law. Essentially, tort law helps to establish the circumstances whereby a person may be held responsible for another person’s injury caused by either accident on intentional acts. On the other hand, intellectual property covers areas of law such as copyright, patents, and trademark. Trademark dissertation topics trademarks directive, trademarks act, infringement of trademarks such as revocation, invalidity, and the use of similar marks. Some interesting dissertation ideas and topics of tort law and intellectual property are suggested below to help your law studies.
- The efficacy of intellectual property rights in the UK under influence of European Law
- The efficacy of UK copyright law concerning the needs of rights users and holders
- The impact of intellectual property right on economic development
- To investigate the right of confidence in the UK
- Does the trademark law ensure sufficient protection in England?
- The impact of European Law on intellectual property rights in the UK
- The end of the road for loss of a chance?
- To assess the success ratio of psychiatric injury claims in the UK
- Should a no-fault system be implemented into UK law or should the law of negligence apply to personal injury claims?
- A critical review of economic loss in 21 st century tort law
Human Rights and Immigration Law
The primary objective of human rights and immigration law is to ensure and protect human rights at domestic, regional, and international levels. With the world becoming a global village, human rights and immigration laws have attracted significant attention from academicians and policymakers. Some interesting law dissertation topics in this subject area are suggested below:
- To assess the efficacy of the common European Asylum system in terms of immigration detention.
- A historical analysis of Britain’s immigration and asylum policies
- A critical analysis of immigration policy in Britain since 1990
- A critical analysis of the right of the police and the public right to protest under PACE 1984
- The right of prisoners to vote under the European law of human rights
- Arguments for and against the death penalty in English Law with a focus on human rights treatise
- A critical analysis of the right to private life and family for failed asylum seekers
- The impact of UK immigration policies on the current education industry
- How beneficial the points system has really been in regards to create a cap in the British immigration system
- To study the impact of privatisation on immigration detention and related functions in the UK.
More Human Rights Law Dissertation Topics
Pandemic Law Dissertation Topics
Coronavirus, also known as the Covid-19, has become the most trending topic in the world since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic that started in China. Here are some interesting Corona Virus or Covid 19 Pandemic Law topics that you can consider for your law dissertation.
- Co-parenting in the coronavirus pandemic: A family law scholar’s advice
- How San Diego law enforcement operated amid Coronavirus pandemic
- Pandemic preparedness in the workplace and the British with disabilities act
- Why In a pandemic, rumors of martial Law fly despite reassurances
- Investigating About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19
- Resources to support workers in the UK during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic:
- A legal perspective
- Navigating the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) and employment laws in the UK going forward
- Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) and employment laws in the US going forward
- Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) and employment laws in Australia going forward
More Law Dissertation Topics
- A critical analysis of the employment law of disabled individuals in the UK and what new policies can be integrated to increase its efficiency
- A critical evaluation of racial discrimination laws in developed countries and how it impacts the workplace environment
- A comparative analysis of domestic abuse with the legislation, policy, and domestic abuse guidelines between the UK and USA.
- Analysing the negative impact of technology in protecting the intellectual property rights of corporations.
- A critical assessment of the terrorism act of 2010 and its impact on Muslims living around the Globe.
Hire an Expert Plagiriasm Checker
Uk’s best academic support services. how would you know until you try, important notes:.
As a law dissertation student looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing law dissertation theories – i.e., to add value and interest in the topic of your research.
The field of law dissertation is vast and interrelated to many other academic disciplines like civil engineering , construction , project management , engineering management , healthcare , mental health , artificial intelligence , tourism , physiotherapy , sociology , management , project management , and nursing . That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic based on your fundamental research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your case wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, and there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best law dissertation topics that fulfill your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalising your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Please look at some of our sample law dissertation topics to get an idea for your dissertation.
How to Structure your Law Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction : This chapter includes project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review : This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic to address research questions . The purpose is to highlight and discuss the selected research area’s relative weaknesses and strengths while identifying any research gaps. Break down the topic, and binding terms can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology : The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design , research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy .
- Findings and Analysis : Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion : The researcher presents his interpretation of the results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section is establishing the link between the products and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References : Make sure to complete this by your University’s requirements
- Appendices : Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is the world’s most trusted academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing , PhD Proposal Writing , Dissertation Writing , Dissertation Editing, and Improvement .
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working for us for a long time. Thus, they are well aware of the issues and the trends of the subject they specialise in.
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find law dissertation topics.
To find law dissertation topics:
- Research recent legal developments.
- Explore unresolved issues or debates.
- Analyze gaps in existing literature.
- Consider societal or technological influences.
- Consult professors and peers.
- Select a topic aligning with your passion and career aspirations.
You May Also Like
Choosing a top-notch subject for academic research, such as business intelligence dissertation topics, provides the student with a wide range of cutting-edge research ideas.
This is a list of dissertation topics related to the lives and experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning (LGBTQIA+) individuals.
Almost every discipline requires a dissertation as a prerequisite to research. Specifically, they state what the researcher hopes to accomplish with their study. Therefore, they must be as authentic as the originals.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
Splash Sol LLC
- How It Works
25,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. Take the first step today
Here’s your new year gift, one app for all your, study abroad needs, start your journey, track your progress, grow with the community and so much more.
An OTP has been sent to your registered mobile no. Please verify
Thanks for your comment !
Our team will review it before it's shown to our readers.
Dissertation Topics in Law for LLM Students
- Updated on
- May 9, 2023
The last academic challenge before the completion of your postgraduate degree is a dissertation or thesis. Many students pursuing LLM are often confused while deciding the correct topic for the dissertation as it requires a lot of research. To help you with the dissertation this blog contains ideal law dissertation topics for LLM in India. Keep reading to know more!
This Blog Includes:
How to choose the best dissertation topic, advantages of choosing a good dissertation topic, criminal law dissertation topics, international law dissertation topics, family law dissertation topics, employment law dissertation topics, international commercial law dissertation topics, law dissertation topics india, intellectual property law topics in dissertation, constitutional law topics in dissertation, sports law topics in dissertation, medical law topics in dissertation, commercial law dissertation topics, company law dissertation topics, tort law dissertation topics, eu law dissertation topics, the english legal system and constitutional and administrative law dissertation topics.
A lot of research and hard work is required to decide what is a correct and valuable topic for the dissertation or thesis. It is seen in various students that before graduation the dissertation is the last hurdle in the way. It is advised to pursue a topic after valuable research and most importantly that goes with the student’s interests.
Also Read: Dissertation Topics
There are an array of benefits when you choose a good and valuable dissertation topic. These advantages include:
- This helps you in the analysis of the topic and deep research.
- Present you with a program to enhance your investigative skills.
- In explaining your subject option, you should be prepared to show how your previous research experiences ended up with great knowledge.
- You can find a degree of education useful for postgraduate research.
Also Read: Law Entrance Exams: India & Abroad
Criminal law is the body of law regulating crime and criminal activities in India. This proves to be an important topic and is interesting as well. Some of the criminal law dissertation topics are:
- A Significant Study of Struggle against Girls in India
- Case Debate on business trial in India
- An Analysis on Terrorism and Lawlessness Against Infants in India
- A survey on Legislation against private terrorism in India
- Significant Evaluation Of Death Cost In India
- An Analysis of Juvenile Justice System and Order in India
- The appearance of the group is in the criminal law process
- The Root Elements of the Infant Mergers
- White-Collar Crime Law in India
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
Also Read: How to Write a Dissertation?
International law dissertation is another amazing topic where you can add your relevant thoughts. Some of the unique international law dissertation topics are:
- What are the significant aspects of collective civil obligations in now’s global order?
- What are the causes that cause application of foreign order at the state standard also complex?
- Figure out the very important issues encountered by establishing universal rules.
- What are the effects of accelerated market restraints on people? Can such a thing be explained?
- What are global challenges encountered by international businessmen, when installing service projects in third group societies?
- What are the effects of letting offenders continue to their native land for action?
- How seeing abuse as a foreign war case will change the position of African people?
- What are the important challenges encountered by companies that are coming in the global travel industry from the ocean.
- What universal rules regulate copy? How should this case be corrected?
- Which governmental law of the UK is sufficiently sufficient to be carried out universally?
Also Read: What is a Dissertation? Meaning, Projects, Report Work
Some of the most important and unique family law dissertation topics are:
- Separation case for father and female representatives of the group, makes it favour any particular gender or is it merely a sense
- Matrimonial Act and how it affects women who join without their permission. What is the attitude of decisions about made mergers and how can one explain it in the court of decision
- Residential part by stepmothers and offspring, how goes on the case provide everybody has their got right and place
- Youth insurance problems in the unified kingdom, which of the state shows to have very trouble with such arguments and why is it so
- Adolescent abuse-is it important to discipline your children and youths? What is the perimeter between youth abuse and correcting your children for setting their limits
- Internal disorder and its effect on the boy and female representatives personally, which of them picks up a greater claim in the mind of order and how can we get rid of that biasness
- Protection problems for separated mothers, how goes on it go and what goes on the statute have to do about the protection of the child for each mother
- How looks at the proper form thing if a man is incapable to provide and provide his house owing to lack or scarcity of means
- Long-distance communications and their fair significance cut off from the spiritual and artistic attitudes
- Minor job- what are we looking at to abolish it and how goes on our constitutional process set limits and provide that they are found
Employment law dissertation enables you to craft perfect research on your thesis or dissertation. Some of the employment law dissertation topics are:
- The link between trade and morality in the UK. An academic context.
- A study of the relationship between sports departments and their service contracts.
- The effect of variation in the business decisions of the UK after starting the EU.
- The task of infant employment regulations in the UK. How does the judiciary remain fighting developing youth employment?
- The influence of civil responsibility service in UK regulations.
- A study of the market association in the UK study of the business requirements and principles.
- A provisional review of business decisions in the station waggon part of the UK and EU. Who gets the first job benefit and rights insurance systems?
- An in-depth study of justice fees in the validities of UK legislation.
Some of the international commercial law dissertations you can choose from are:
- An assessment of the enemy-pollution bill in the UK. Its origins and effects on the state leaders.
- A strategic study of the joint cloak and how the decision can pass through it.
- The performance of UK legislation in affecting joint difficulties while preserving major human rights.
- A symposium on the differences enveloping the purview of field 33 groups do 2006 in the UK
- The effects of setting reasonable requirements for the principal’s needs. How does the organisation do well under this?
- An in-depth assessment of economic regulation programs at attending institutions in the UK.
- The effect of UNCITRAL’s performance on the unification of universal economic legislation in the UK.
Also Read: How to Write Acknowledgement for Dissertation?
Some of the Indian legal topics you can choose for your dissertation are:
- Handgun Case in India: Provision of a Different Structure
- Animal investigation: Order in India
- Wire advertising and constitutional structure
- Joint Civil Power and change
- Moral Orders and Cases in producing societies
- Men Investigations and Indian constitutional practice
- Improvement of infants and proper conflict
Some of the catchy and interesting dissertation topics that you can choose as a dissertation topic for law assignment:
- Scientific advances and present IP rule in India
- IP rules and the safety of/on Internet
- New patent statutes and digitalisation
Also Read: University of Law: Eligibility, Application, Courses & More
Here are some of the finest dissertation or thesis topics for constitutional law dissertation topics are:
- Accident plans in India: A study
- Legal exploitation and its interest: An assessment
- Application of International Cases in Indian Legal Structure
- Able expression in virtual life and Indian Custom
Also Read: Dissertation vs Thesis
A constantly fascinating subject, sports provides a large range of fields and issues to judge from to create your analysis report. It can deal with universal order, national order, carrying out parties, power, and often better.
Here are some of the finest dissertation (thesis)points on Sports law:
- Doping and Sports: National and International fair innuendo
- Legalisation of speculating in India: Law and Cons
- Handling sports organisations and their constitutional ramifications
- Transgender animals and Indian Custom
Medical law dissertation is another great topic you can choose from, some of the medical law dissertation topics are:
- Member retention: Fair experts and cons
- Miscarriage in India: A global review
- Made fertilisation: Provision of primary training to find out these matters
- Supported suicide: Fair, honest and therapeutic ethics
- Animal torture: A fair claim research
Also Read: Law Courses
Commercial Law is one such topic where a wide area of study is to be covered because it cannot be described within a single legal jurisdiction. A commercial law dissertation often involves comparisons with other countries. Listed below are some topics for Commercial Law Dissertation:
- A critical assessment of the international commercial arbitration system as a cost-effective and efficient means to administer justice in commercial disputes
- An assessment of security over personal property when it comes to the matter of possessory and non-possessory forms of security and other legal devices
- An investigation of the emergence of new manifestations of international commercial law
- A critical assessment of the passing of risk in the commercial law in England and Wales
- A critical assessment of the Future of consumer protection in England and Wales in the post-Brexit era
There is a great scope of producing an effective Company Law Dissertation as it provides you with potential sources. From the Companies Act 2006 to corporate governance, you have a lot of options to choose from. Listed below are some great Company Law Dissertation Topics:
- A critical analysis of the shareholder versus stakeholder basis of corporate governance
- Arguments for and against ‘stakeholder theory’ and to what extent are they still valid?
- Should the OECD’s Model Tax Convention on Income and on Capital 2010 be ratified into UK Law?
- To what extent has Environmental Law merged together Vicarious and Corporate Liability
- Is the English maintenance of the “internal management” model failing to bring company law in the 21st Century?
The word Tort comes from the Latin term torture which means “Wrong”. In simple terms, Tort Law is supposed to address the civil wrongs done to a person, accidentally or incidentally. The victim/injured/aggrieved party is provided with compensation for the damages.
This area of law is one of the most important aspects of law study as it demonstrates the circumstances through which an individual is held accountable for another party’s injury either done intentionally or omissions or even by accident. Listed below are some topics for a Tort Law Dissertation to make it easier for you to draft an effective dissertation:
- Importance of foreseeability and policy in establishing a duty of care
- Analysis of the rules regarding the recovery of economic losses in tortious actions
- When it comes to matters of occupiers’ liability under the Occupiers Liability Acts of 1957 and 1984 respectively, when is a trespasser, not a trespasser?
- Wrongful Restraint of a man’s Liberty: Meaning, Defense and Remedy
- Why might the duty of care afforded to children be considered to be a step too far regarding the recognition of tortious liability?
Also Read: All About PhD Thesis
EU Law is considered as an expandable area of academic interest, particularly due to the UK’s recent Brexit from the Union. There is a wide range of dissertation topics you can consider for an EU Law Dissertation, from UK’s Brexit to the superiority of EU Law. Listed below are some great dissertation topics to start with your EU Law Dissertation:
- Critical Analysis of the UK’s Separation from the EU.
- Brexit and EU economy: How the UK’s decision has affected EU trade.
- An argument: Is EU Law actually superior?
- Importance of the enforcement actions against EU Member States as part of the European law-making process.
- How has the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of 1950 contributed to the recognition of human rights internationally?
The English Legal System and Constitutional and Administrative Law may be classified into 3 key areas-
- The nature of the Constitution may be considered in areas including, but not limited to, the recognition and application of conventions and the rule of law.
- Evaluation of the roles of the legislature, executive and parliament in the context of the recognition of the separation of powers, which could include legislation’s passage through Parliament, the delegation of legislation, the relationship between Parliament, the crown and the Royal Prerogative, and the executive, legislative and judiciary’s relationship.
- Judicial Review includes the basis for intervention, such as ultra vires and illegality, procedural irregularity, irrationality, proportionality, and the nemo judex rule.
A number of areas can be covered in this dissertation as the English Legal System and Constitutional and Administrative Law is quite different from other legal systems as the role of the judge differs in an adversarial system. The major difference is in how a trial is pursued. Some topics for an English Legal System and Constitutional and Administrative Law Dissertation are as mentioned below:
- The Role of natural justice in the UK Constitution
- Are conventions still a valid part of the UK Constitution?
- Is the Royal Prerogative an essential part of the British Constitution?
- Are the current models of statutory interpretation fit for purpose, especially as the jurisprudence of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) and European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) infer a more active approach for judges?
- In what ways will the relationship between constitutional and administrative law in England and Wales be affected by Brexit?
The following are the popular law universities in the world: Harvard University Columbia University Stanford University
Here are some of the finest dissertation or thesis topics for constitutional law dissertation topics are: Accident plans in India: A study Legal exploitation and its interest: An assessment Application of International Cases in the Indian Legal Structure Able expression in virtual life and Indian Custom
The average salary of a lawyer in India is 3.5 Lakh per year.
Grab the expert assistance of Leverage Edu student counsellors to kickstart your admission and application process to study in the UK in 2023 Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute therapy consultation.
Team Leverage Edu
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Contact no. *
8 Universities with higher ROI than IITs and IIMs
Grab this one-time opportunity to download this ebook
How would you describe this article ?
Please rate this article
We would like to hear more.
Connect With Us
20,000+ students realised their study abroad dream with us. take the first step today..
Resend OTP in
Need help with?
UK, Canada, US & More
IELTS, GRE, GMAT & More
Scholarship, Loans & Forex
Which English test are you planning to take?
Which academic test are you planning to take.
Not Sure yet
When are you planning to take the exam?
Already booked my exam slot
Within 2 Months
Want to learn about the test
Which Degree do you wish to pursue?
When do you want to start studying abroad.
What is your budget to study abroad?
Home » Blog » Dissertation » Topics » Law » Law Dissertation Topics (29 Examples) For Research
Law Dissertation Topics (29 Examples) For Research
Mark Aug 19, 2021 Aug 12, 2021 Law No Comments
Coming up with a topic for a dissertation is a challenging task as it requires a lot of time. So, we have prepared a list of some highly interesting law dissertation topics. The list of law dissertation topics will help you in selecting a perfect topic for your dissertation or research project. There is no […]
Coming up with a topic for a dissertation is a challenging task as it requires a lot of time. So, we have prepared a list of some highly interesting law dissertation topics. The list of law dissertation topics will help you in selecting a perfect topic for your dissertation or research project. There is no debate on the subject that law school is tough.
Law dissertations are demanding as it requires finding relevant cases, regulations, and data. So, the project topics on law and research topics on law are listed below to help you in selecting an intriguing topic.
A list Of Law Dissertation Topics
A review of the different processes of judicial review from a strong vs weak perspective.
Analysis of the employment law of disabled individuals in the UK and identifying new policies that can be integrated to increase its efficiency.
A comparative analysis of the legislation, policy and guidelines of domestic abuse in the UK and USA.
Examining the negative effects of technology in protecting the intellectual property rights of the corporations in the UK.
Studying the role and impact of trust law as fiduciary governance.
A critical review of the European anti-discrimination law.
Investigation of the European human rights law and its impact on youngsters.
A review of the impact of freedom of speech on the UK economy.
Analysing the criminal justice process involving a child witness.
Comparing the laws related to abortion in Eastern and Western countries.
Examining the discrimination policies in the UK and how it protects the rights of people.
Studying and comparing the international employment contract – regulation, perception and reality of three countries.
To study the role of trade unions in the English Employment Law.
The criminology of the future exploring how science helps in investigating crimes.
Studying the insanity defence and finding out if it is a loophole for criminals.
Comparing the hate crimes based on its nature and laws related to it.
How can the government participate in lowering the crime rate?
Studying the similarities and difference in juvenile courts and juvenile justice.
Studying the law and regulations related to social networking sites.
How are businesses dealing with legal troubles in the UK?
Studying the Shariah Law and its implications.
A critical review of the international commercial arbitration system.
Examining the international commercial law related to risk transfer.
Studying the impact of legislation for the regulation of investment services with EU economic area on the EU Financial services market.
A review of the rights of victims in internal criminal courts.
Studying corporate governance practices related to minority stakeholders.
Investigating regulations of the UK public company.
To study the impact of UK immigration policies on the education industry.
Should the privity of contract rule be reformed to allow the third party to sue on a contract in their benefit?
Topic With Mini-Proposal (Paid Service)
Along with a topic, you will also get;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
Message Us On WhatsApp