- VC’s Message
- Governing Bodies
- Organization Structure
- Regional Centers
- VTU Extension Centre
- Finance Section
- Vision ,Mission and Mandate
- List of Doctor of science Award
- E-Learning Centre
- Student Welfare office
- National Service Scheme
- CENTRALISED PLACEMENT CELL
- Autonomy Cell
- Universal Human Values cell
- Guest House
- ICT Circular & Notification
- VTU Bosch Rexroth Training Centre
- Circulars & Notifications
- VTU LIC 2023-24
- Temporary Affiliation
- Permanent Affiliation
- Autonomous Affiliation
- Online Application
- B.E / B.Tech Regulations Honours
- Minor Degree
- Bachelors of Vocation (B.Voc)
- NPTEL Online Courses
- Change of College
- Change of Branch
- List of BOS
- UG Scheme & Syllabus
- PG Scheme & Syllabus
- Online NPTEL Course for PG Programs
- Model Question Paper
- Study Materials
- Blow-Up Syllabus
- BOARD OF STUDIES PROCEEDINGS
- JOINT BOARD OF STUDIES PROCEEDINGS
- BOS and JBOS meeting Notices
- Bonafide Student
- Eligibility for UG and PG Courses
- Equivalence of UG Courses
- AICTE Feedback
- UG & PG Registration & Other Fee
- Affiliated Colleges
- Autonomous Colleges
- Research Centers
- VTU PG Departments
- VTU Extension Centers
- Academic Calendar
- Research @ VTU
- Research Grants
- Online Admission
- Fee Structure
- Ph.D/M.Sc Formats
- Permission for Video Conference formats
- Ph.D Syllabus
- Multimodal Biometrics Database
- VISA Face and Iris Multimodal Biometrics Database
- Examination Guidelines
- Exam application
- Documents Issued
- Exam Circulars & Notifications
- CGPA STANDARD FORMULA
- Examination Time Table
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Science
- Civil Enginering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
- VTU PG Centres Programme
- Constituent Colleges
- Online Degree
- Global Campus
- Exam Circulars
- Circulars & Notification
- Research Regulation-Ph.d
- Research Regulation-MSc
- Grievance Redressal System
- Scholarships and Fellowships
- VTU Journal
- Contact / Information
- Examination Enquiry
VTU Phd Notification 2023
Table of Contents
1. VTU Phd Notification July 2023 Phd Revaluation
2. VTU Provisional PhD/ MS (Research) Registration 2023
3. VTU Phd Notification 2023 VTU PhD Fee Structure
4. VTU Phd Notification 2023 PhD Revaluation
Updated 2nd Nov 2023
VTU Phd Notification July 2023-Phd Revaluation
As per the latest Phd Circular, the research scholars may apply for photocopy of answer scripts and special revaluation of the Phd Course work examination conducted in July 2023 by paying the precribed fees.
Below is the last date for submission of revaluation and photocopy of answer scripts application:
How to Apply for PhD Revaluation 2023?
1. Apply through the URL https://prexam.vtu.ac.in
2. Ensure that you apply through registered research centers only.
VTU Phd Circular
Updated 16th May 2023
VTU Provisional PhD/ MS (Research) Registration 2023
You can download the VTU Provisional PhD/ MS (Research) Registration order copy from the below link from 15th May 2023 onwards.
Also, if you have not completed the document verification for any reason, VTU has given an opportunity to you to do the document verification before 22nd May 2023 by paying a penalty of Rs 1000 online to the University.
Updated 17th Mar 2023
VTU Phd Notification 2023-VTU PhD Fee Structure
As per the latest VTU Phd Notification 2023 below is the fee structure for the academic year 2022-23 for Phd and MS Research students
Fee structure for 2022-23
Updated 30th Mar 2023
VTU Phd Notification 2023 - PhD Revaluation
As per the latest Phd Circular, the research scholars may apply for photocopy of answer scripts and special revaluation of the Phd Course work examination conducted in Dec 2022 by paying the precribed fees.
Below is the last date for submission of revaluation application:
How to Apply for PhD Revaluation?
VTU Phd Notification
Updated 21st August 2021
VTU Phd Notification 2021
If you desire to qualify for admission to Research programs then apply for VTU PhD. University Departments under AICTE Doctoral Fellowship scheme (VTU-ADF-2021).
VTU Phd 2021 Applications are invited for Full-Time Programs for the award of PhD (Full Time), in the following faculties:
1.Faculty of Civil Engineering Sciences
2.Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Sciences
3.Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Sciences
4.Faculty of Computer and Information Sciences
5.Faculty of Technology
Eligibility Criteria to apply for ADF
- You must have secured a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of 10 (or minimum 70% marks) or equivalent at both Bachelors and Masters.
- OR a minimum of 70% (69.5% and above) for General/ OBC candidates whereas for SC/ST/Physically challenged, a minimum of 65% (64.5% and above) must be secured.
- For SC/ ST/ PH candidates, the CGPA requirement will be 7.0 on the scale of 10 (or 70% marks) or equivalent
- In addition to the above, the candidate should have qualified GATE/ NET during the last 5 years.
- You must be less than 30 years of age as of 8th September 2021
Ten such Fellowships will be available under this AICTE Doctoral fellowship (ADF) Program for the academic year 2021-22.
VTU AICTE Doctoral Fellowship (ADF) Application Fees
You must pay the fees online through https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect
How to Apply for VTU AICTE Doctoral Fellowship (ADF)
1.Visit the website https://jnanashodha.vtu.ac.in/ADF/
Click on "Click here to Register"
2. Registration page appears. Enter your details and click on submit.
3.On successful registration you will receive your registration id. You will also receive an email to your registered email id. Click on the activation link in the email.
4.Once you click on the activation link given in the email, an OTP is sent to your registered mobile. Enter the OTP in the below screen.
5.Now, login with your credentials
and click on New Application.
In the Personal Details tab, enter all details such as Father/ Husband name, gender, nationality, date of birth, category, permanent address and correspondence address and click on save.
In the Academic Details tab, enter details of UG, PG and other programmes such as degree details, degree type, result and passing year and click on save.
In the Examination Details tab, enter details of faculty applied for ADF and academic year and click on save.
Broad trust areas page displays as below.
9.Qualification Criteria Details
In the Qualification Criteria Details tab, Select the NET Exam or GATE Exam, whichever is applicable to you.
(i)if you selected the NET exam then select the NET year and also enter NET seat number and click on save.
(ii)if you selected the GATE exam then enter the GATE seat no, GATE year, GATE Score, Whether taken any admission with GATE Score and click on save.
In Upload Details tab, upload the required documents such as Candidate Photo, Candidate Signature, UG Degree Certificate, PG Degree Certificate, Candidate Aadhaar, Candidate NET Certificate bearing in mind the file size mentioned.
In the Declaration tab, read the declaration statement carefully and click on submit.
12.When you submit the final application, following message displays.
13.On successful submission below message displays.
i)To pay the fees go the SBI State Bank Collect Portal . First, click on checkbox and then click Proceed.
ii)Select the category as "A-Fees Ph.D/MSC-ENGG-STUDENTS 2016-17 ONWARDS" from the dropdown.
iii) Now, fill all the required details of the form. Fields marked with Asterisk (*) are mandatory.
(iii)Fill the form and pay the application fees by clicking on submit.
Then go to VTU AICTE Doctoral Fellowship (ADF) portal and in Fee Payment Details tab enter the fee payment details such as DUReference No, Fee Paid, Payment date and click on save.
15.Preview of application
Check the preview and click on Final Submit to submit the form.
When you click on final submit, below message displays.
17.Hardcopy of Application
The application is required to be filled online and a signed printout of the same be sent to the following address on or before 14th September 2021, along with the payment details and hard copies of the enclosures submitted online.
Visvesvaraya Technological University,
"Jnana Sangama" Belagavi-590018,
The envelope should be super scribed as "Application for VTU-ADF-2021".
Updated 23rd Mar 2021
VTU Phd Notification 2021 issued today with regard to course-work pertaining to Ph.D and MSc.by Research. Research Scholars of 2018 , 2019 and Re-Registration batches must submit the requests for change of coursework (subjects) before the last date. The last date for submitting requests for change of coursework (Subjects) is 5th April 2021. The University will not consider any requests received after this date. VTU will announce the Schedule of Examinations for the same shortly.
Download Phd Notification dated 23rd March 2021
VTU Phd Notification 2020 updated on 24th Nov 2020
A recent VTU PhD Notification/ Circular issued standard operating procedures (SOPs) for conduct of coursework examinations of Ph.D & MSc by Research
The chief superintendents of examination centers are requested to adhere to the standard operating procedures notified hereunder.
1.To ensure the safety and health of all stakeholders while conducting examinations.
2.The basic principles of social distancing must be observed at all times and locations.
3.Provide a safe and stress free environment for students to attend examinations in this difficult time of COVID-19 pandemic.
Guidelines for Principals of Colleges
1.All Examination Centres shall strictly abide by the instructions, guidelines and orders issued by UGC, Central and State Governments concerning the opening of educational institutions and safety and health.
2.All Examination Centres shall unfailingly safeguard the interest of all stakeholders and give highest priority to health and safety of all the concerned by following the protocols for preventive measu res.
3.Every exam functionary must wear face mask and hand gloves at all times. Fresh face mask and hand gloves must be used by exam functionaries and other staff.
4.Sanitizer bottles should be arranged at the entry gate, examination rooms, staff/control rooms etc. and should be regularly replenished.
5.Liquid hand wash bottles should be provided at all wash rooms and should be regularly replenished.
Sanitisation of Premises (See Annexure 1)
1.All washrooms should be cleaned and disinfected.
2.All door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons, etc. should be disinfected.
3.Wheelchairs, if present at the examination centres, should be disinfected.
Sanitisation Procedures at the End of Each Day
1.Used face masks and hand gloves should disposed only in a pedal push covered bin placed at the Examination Centre and outside the examination room/hall and not in open bins.
2.Used face masks and hand gloves discarded at the examination centres or outside the examination centre in trash bin bags at suitable place and must be safely disposed of as per standard guidelines issued by health authority (See Reference 1).
Guidelines for Seating Arrangement and Sanitisation of Exam Halls
1.To ensure physical distancing, institutions should have adequate number of rooms and capacity to meet the proper seating arrangement for examination. Minimum distance between two students should be 2 metres.
2.Only one student must be seated per bench and positioning of benches must ensure the minimum distance of 2 metres between students.
3.The number of students per room/hall must be restricted to ensure this minimum physical distance between students.
4.Entire examination centre floors and walls, doors, gates, should be sprayed with disinfectant.
5.Candidate Seating Area should be thoroughly sanitized (desk and chair) after every session.
6.One hand sanitiser bottle must be provided in the charge of the Room Supervisor of each Exam Hall and it must be continuously replenished as required.
7.Make separate arrangements for the students with COVID +ve and follow all precautionary measures.
8.COVID +ve students must come by wearing PPE kit and invigilator must be provided with PPE kit.
Guidelines for Examination Functionaries
1.The Invigilators, while on duty, should be continuously wearing face mask and hand gloves.
2.The students should be asked to sanitize their hands after signing the Attendance Sheet.
3.Students having symptoms of fever, cough and cold should be made to sit in a separate room.
Guidelines for Students
1. Students must report to college 1 hour 30 minutes before start of examination in order to facilitate thermo gun check, hand sanitisation and maintaining physical distancing.
Download Official VTU PhD Circular on PhD Exam SOPs
VTU Phd Notification 2020 updated on 21st Nov 2020
The Vice-Chancellor along with the Ph.D Committee held a special meeting on 6th Oct 2020. Decision with regard to the research scholars admitted during the years 2012 to 2016 was taken in the special meeting.
Research Scholars who have been admitted during the years 2012 to 2016 and who are yet to complete their Comprehensive Viva-Voce/ Course work must apply for Re-Registration subject to the following conditions:
1.The Research scholars are exempted from the Entrance Test(ETR).
2.Candidates must Re-register on or before 31-12-2020 with the prescribed fees and need to follow Ph.D./M.Sc.( Engg) Research Regulation 2017. i.e Comprehensive Viva-Voce onwards.
3. Candidates who have cleared all the prescribed course work earlier, and permitted to re-register, must apply for Comprehensive viva-voce. Minimum Lock-in-period for submission of the Thesis for these candidates would be Three Years and Maximum of Four Years from the date of Re Registration and also these Candidates have to submit the Final Synopsis without changing the area of Research Topic.
4.Candidate, who have not passed in all the prescribed course wok earlier, must pass the remaining courses as per their respective regulation within two consecutive attempts before gaining the eligibility for Pre-Ph.D. Comprehensive viva-voce. Minimum Lock-in-period for submission of the Thesis would be of Four Years and a maximum of Four and half years from the date of Re registration and also these Candidates have to submit the Final Synopsis without changing the area of Research Topic.
Download Official VTU Phd Notification 2020 onn 21st Nov 2020
VTU PhD Research Viva Voce 2020 to Go Digital
Updated 14th May 2020
Permission to conduct Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D./MSc.(Engg.) by research Viva examinations via Video conference
It is hereby informed to all the concerned that, the requests for permission to conduct Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D./MSc.(Engg.) by research Viva examinations by video conference should be submitted alongside the received of Final Viva conduction email.
With mutual consent of examiners, the viva should be scheduled with prior permission from the Registrar Evaluation. The research supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all members involved in the examination are informed, sufficiently well in advance, of the details of video-conferencing examination.The appropriate arrangements towards remote viva examinations should be made to maintain the integrity, confidentiality and validity of the examination process.
Upon the completion of remote viva examination, Institute/ research centre to submit the video conference report, including video record in CD form and signed viva report by the Examiners to Registrar (Evaluation). Note: Refer VTU website( https://vtu.ac.in/en/category/exam-circulars-notifications/ ) for Permission Form and Video Conference Report formats.
Below are the downloadable forms to request permission to use video conferencing for PhD Viva
Download form Permission to use Video Conferencing for Pre-PhD Comprehensive Viva Examination
Download form Permission to use Video Conferencing for PhD/ Msc Engg by Research Final Viva- Voce
Download VTU Official PhD Circular on 14th May 2020
VTU PhD Research Viva Voce 2020 to Go Digital.In view of the COVID-19 pandemic and Lockdown, VTU has taken measures to conduct the Viva-Voce digitally for Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D./M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research.The Viva Voce examination would be conducted through video conference using suitable digital platform.And there is good news for the students whose maximum period for submission of Dissertation/ Thesis is expired/ expiring / yet to submit their Dissertation/ Thesis.VTU extends the period to submit the dissertation/Thesis by 6 months for Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D./M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research students.
Guidelines to conduct Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D./M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research Viva-voce examinations, in view of COVID-19 Pandemic and subsequent Lockdown
It is hereby brought to the notice of all the concerned that the Guidelines for conduct of Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D./M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research Viva-voce examination for research scholars, have been prepared by VTU, on the basis of UGC guidelines on Examinations and Academic Calendar, in view of the COVID-19 Pandemic and subsequent Lockdown, which reads as under:
VTU PhD Research Viva Voce Going Digital
1. The Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D./M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research Viva-voce examination could be conducted through Video Conference using suitable digital platform or mutually convenient technology, subject to prior written approval of the Registrar(Evaluation) of VTU, in compliance with the existing norms of the University, until further orders. While conducting the Viva-Voce Examination through Video Conferencing using electronic means, it may be ensured that it will be open to be attended by members of the Research Advisory Committee/Doctoral Committee, all faculty members of the department, research scholars and other interested experts/ researchers, besides the Research Supervisor and Expert(s)/Examiner(s), as applicable. It is also imperative on the part of the Institutions/Research Centres to submit the record of the same, including the report signed by Expert(s)/ Examiner(s) appointed for conducting the said Viva-voce .
VTU Extends Dissertation/ Thesis Submission Period
2. The M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research or Ph.D. students, whose maximum period for submission of M.Sc. Engineering by research./ Ph.D. Dissertation/ Thesis prescribed under relevant rules/ Regulations/ ordinances of the university is expired/ expiring during the COVID-19 pandemic period, will be allowed to submit their Dissertation/ Thesis, including completion of pending formalities, within six months from the date of expiry of regular prescribed period. The extension of six months may also be considered for those students who are yet to submit their Dissertation/ Thesis. The Principals of engineering colleges under VTU are hereby informed to bring this to the notice of all the concerned.
Download VTU Official Notification on 14th May 2020
Updated 12th Feb 2020
VTU Comprehensive Viva- Voce for Ph.D
Pursuant to the resolution of the Executive Council Resolution No.5 of the 50th meeting dated: 07-02-2020 and proceedings of the Seventh meeting of Ph.D Admission Committee dated 02nd January 2020, it is hereby notified that; The Research scholars who registered for Ph.D. during 2015 batch and completed their course work are permitted to apply and complete their Comprehensive Viva-Voce on or before 28th February 2020 .
Therefore, such candidates with Ph.D registration during 2015 are permitted to Complete Comprehensive Viva-Voce on or before 28-02-2020 without fail.
These candidates are required to pay a fine of Rs.10,000/-(Ten Thousand Only) in addition to normal prescribed fees.
Further, there will be no extension of period in this regard, and such communications by the research scholars will not be considered. The contents of this notification may be brought to the notice of all the concerned.
Last Date to apply and complete Comprehensive Viva-Voce is 28th February 2020
Download VTU Official Notification on 12th Feb 2020
Format for comprehensive viva voce examination.
(One copy to be submitted along with permission letter and rest should be given to Doctoral Committee members at time of Viva Voce)
a. Introduction: (1page)
b. Literature survey: (4 to 5 pages)
d. Objectives of the work (1 to 2 pages):
e. Work Carried out so far:
f. Results and Discussions (4 to 5 pages):
g. Further Work to be carried out
h. Number of Papers/Publications out of the research work (presented/submitted), (if any): (Affix the list of papers/publications)
Download Format for Comprehensive Viva Voce Examination
Updated 19th Dec 2019
Revised notification regarding comprehensive viva-voce for Phd was issued by Visvesvaraya Technological University(VTU). Pursuant to the resolution of the Executive Council Resolution No.2.4.3 of the 142nd meeting dated: 27-10-2018 and proceedings of the special meeting of Ph.D Admission Committee dated 25th October 2019. It is hereby notified that;
- The Research scholars who registered for Ph.D. during 2012, 2013,and 2014 and completed their course work were permitted to apply and complete their Comprehensive Viva-Voce on or before 31st December 2018. Research scholars of above batches are not be allowed to undergo comprehensive Viva- Voce exam after this date i.e. 31st December 2018.
- The research scholars who have completed their Comprehensive Viva-Voce on or before 31st December 2018 are permitted to submit their final synopsis/thesis before 31st December 2021 without fail. Further, there will be no extension of period that will be granted in this regard, and such communications by the research scholars will not be considered.
- The previous notification regarding the Comprehensive Viva-Voce examination for Ph.D 2012, 2013, and 2014 batches - The Notification No VTU/BGM/Ph.D/2017-18/7443.dated : 20/11/2018 immediately stands cancelled. Therefore, here onwards this revised notification order will be in effect and implemented for the above mentioned 2012, 2013, and 2014 batch research scholars.
The contents of this notification may be brought to the notice of all the concerned and will be in effect from the date of this notification.
Download vtu official notification on 19th dec 2019, vtu phd fees.
Candidates must make online payment through the payment gateway https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect
VTU PhD Application Schedule
Vtu fellowship under adf.
The candidate who desire to join for Full time Ph.D Programme VTU PG Centers (Belagavi, Mysuru, Kalaburagi, Muddenahalli), University Departments in the identified thrust areas of the ADF scheme will be provided with Fellowship of Rs 31,000/- pm for first two years followed by Rs.35,000/ for third years with HRA (GUIDELINES FOR AICTE DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP (ADF)2020-21)
Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected and further correspondence on such cases will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Download Official VTU PhD Notification 2020-21
- VTU last year question papers
- VTU E Learning
- VTU Time Table New
- Model Question Papers New
- VTU Syllabus New
- VTU Results
- VTU Question Bank
- VTU Revaluation Results
- SGPA to Percentage
- VTU NON-CBCS Results New
- SSP Scholarship 2023 New
- Cloud Computing vtu question papers New
- Machine Learning Syllabus New
- 18CS71-AiML VTU Question Papers New
- Machine Learning VTU Question Papers New
- Web Technology Syllabus New
- VTU change of college Procedure New
- VTU MTech Syllabus New
- VTU MBA Results New
- VTU Notes New
- VTU PhD TimeTable New
- VTU Academic Calendar 2023 Odd Sem
- VTU Updates New
- Infosys Recruitment 2022 New
- Cyber Security Syllabus New
- MBA in USA for Engineering Students New
VTU Part Time Ph.D Admission 2024 Application Form, Notification, Entrance Exam Result ,Dates, Eligibility
Vtu part time ph.d course duration 3 year, selection process, eligibility pg 55% marks criteria, entrance exam 2024 registration process syllabus pattern application form fee, course work, thesis & synopsis submission details, vtu part time registration process, vtu part time registration fee details, vtu part time applications form download, vtu part time course duration 3 year, vtu part time eligibility pg 55% marks criteria, vtu part time entrance exam 2024 syllabus and pattern, vtu part time course work, thesis & synopsis submission procedure, vtu part time selection process, trusted by students worldwide, available phd courses.
- Distance Education
- Study Abroad
- Home PhD in VTU
Here you will find PhD in VTU Admission 2022-23 Notification, Entrance Test, Eligibility Criteria and Applying Procedure. Visvesvaraya Technological University is the largest technological university with 194 colleges a total of 28 disciplines in undergraduate courses and 71 disciplines in postgraduate courses. Visvesvaraya Technical university offers full time and part time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Science programs in engineering research disciplines.
- Select 1 2 3 4 5
Most Searched Queries
- Universities in Maharashtra
- Top Medical Colleges in Rayalaseema
- Top MBA Colleges in South India
- Odisha JEE MBA Result
- CMAT Colleges in India
- Engineering Admission in UP
- Radio Jockey Courses in India
- Top CBSE Schools in Hadapsar
- Top BCA Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Kendriya Vidyalayas in Chhattisgarh
- Advertise With Us
- Terms & Conditions