- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
How to Create an Effective Thesis Statement in 5 Easy Steps
Creating a thesis statement can be a daunting task. It’s one of the most important sentences in your paper, and it needs to be done right. But don’t worry — with these five easy steps, you’ll be able to create an effective thesis statement in no time.
Step 1: Brainstorm Ideas
The first step is to brainstorm ideas for your paper. Think about what you want to say and write down any ideas that come to mind. This will help you narrow down your focus and make it easier to create your thesis statement.
Step 2: Research Your Topic
Once you have some ideas, it’s time to do some research on your topic. Look for sources that support your ideas and provide evidence for the points you want to make. This will help you refine your argument and make it more convincing.
Step 3: Formulate Your Argument
Now that you have done some research, it’s time to formulate your argument. Take the points you want to make and put them into one or two sentences that clearly state what your paper is about. This will be the basis of your thesis statement.
Step 4: Refine Your Thesis Statement
Once you have formulated your argument, it’s time to refine your thesis statement. Make sure that it is clear, concise, and specific. It should also be arguable so that readers can disagree with it if they choose.
Step 5: Test Your Thesis Statement
The last step is to test your thesis statement. Does it accurately reflect the points you want to make? Is it clear and concise? Does it make an arguable point? If not, go back and refine it until it meets all of these criteria.
Creating an effective thesis statement doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With these five easy steps, you can create a strong thesis statement in no time at all.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Advisories | Goldlink | Goldmail | D2L | Safety | A-Z Index
Digital Commons @ East Tennessee State University
Home > STUDENT-WORKS > PROGRAM-ETD > ECED-ETD
Early Childhood Education Theses and Dissertations
If you are a graduate student submitting your thesis or dissertation, please click here to access the submission form.
Theses/Dissertations from 2023 2023
Perceptions of Primary Caregivers About Managing Their Child’s Transition to Kindergarten: A Mixed-Methods Study , Kristy Lynn Castanon
Building Resilience: A Mixed Methods Exploration of Head Start Teachers Coping During the COVID-19 Pandemic , Ehichoya Edokhamhen
Exploration of Privilege and Preschool Teachers’ Demographics Associated with Teachers’ Self-Efficacy in Culturally Responsive Classroom Management , Katherine Madison
Examining Teachers' Referral and Placement Decisions of Hispanic Children for Gifted and Talented Programs , Guillermo I. Mendoza
Sound and Music Opportunities in Toddler Learning Environments , Sonia Akiko Yoshizawa
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
An Investigation of the Relationship Between Teachers’ Personal Epistemologies and Their Self-Efficacy About Culturally Responsive Classroom Management , Tahani Ahmed
Early Detection of Atypical Motor and Neurobehavior of Infants at Risk Secondary to Opioid Exposure: A Prospective Study , Kara Boynewicz
The Impact of an Integrated STEM Collaborative Approach on Preservice Teachers’ Pedagogical Content Knowledge and Curricular Role Identity for Teaching Science , Qiuju Tian
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Student Collaboration: Early Childhood Teachers' Roles and Perspectives , Kimberly Ballantyne
The Impact of Natural Playscapes on Toddler Play , Laura J. Pearce
Familial Regulation of Young Children's TV Viewing in Ghana , Clara Puni-Nyamesem
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Determining if Classroom Pets as part of an Empathy-Based Intervention Affect Public Elementary School Students’ Empathy , Randa Dunlap
The Relationship Between the Amount of Time Spent in the Block Center and Gender Differences in Preschool Children’s Spatial Performance , Narges Sareh
Head Start Preschool Teachers’ Perceptions of Reggio Emilia Principles Practiced Within Their Own Setting: A Case Study , Tara Terry Voit
A Study of Empathy and Teacher Self-Efficacy Among Preservice Early Childhood Educators , Amy Wilson
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Arab-American Parents’ Views on the Use of Technology, Smartphones, and Touchscreen Devices with Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers , Abidah Abutaleb
Seeing the World Differently. An Exploration of a Professional Development Model Bridging Science and Lay Cultures , Michael D. Garrett
Second-Grade Students’ Perceptions of Their Classrooms’ Physical Learning Environment , Tsitsi Nyabando
A Mixed Methods Exploration of East Tennessee Early Childhood Teachers’ Perceptions, Knowledge, Practices, and Resources of Critical Literacy , Rebekah Taylor
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
The State of Outdoor Education in Northeast Tennessee: Preschool Teacher Attitudes Toward Outdoor Education , Cathy Landy
Teachers and Their Perceptions About Adaptive Skill Training Within an Early Childhood Comprehensive Development Classroom for Students with Intellectual Disabilities , Jennifer R. Lynberg
Preschool Teachers' Perceptions of Children Prenatally Exposed to Drugs , Brandie D. Maness
Gender Differences in Spatial Language During Preschool Small Group Geometry Activities , Winona Shue
Teachers’ Response to Infants’ Nonverbal Communication and Use of Response to Facilitate a Dialogue , Stephanie Stephens
The Effects of an Observation and Interpretation Intervention (COI/PALS) on Teachers’ Productive and Nonproductive Conversations with Preschool Children , Gina Joe Wohlford
Examining Contributors to Preschoolers’ Classroom Engagement using Structural Equation Modeling , Hongxia Zhao
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Parental Perceptions of Preschool-Age Children’s Literacy Development in a Rural Appalachian Community , Kimberly Austin
Levels of Feedback Observed in Kindergarten Classrooms: Perceptions and Reality , Jacqueline Johnson
Design and Validation of a Scale for Preschoolers: Measuring Nutrition Knowledge, Beliefs, and Behaviors , Michelle E. Johnson
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
The Effects of Environmental Modifications and Visual Supports in the Home on Engagement and Challenging Behaviors in Children with Autism , Teresa L. Boggs
Teachers’ Perceptions of Intensive Professional Development on the Daily Five™ in Literacy Instruction: A Multiple Case Study Exploration , Lori A. Hamilton
Exploring Gesturing as a Natural Approach to Impact Stages of Second Language Development: A Multiple Baseline, Single Case Study of a Head Start Child , Guillermo I. Mendoza
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Determining if Custodial Grandparents of Pre-K - Third Grade Students Perceive Delivery of Information and Services Offered as Effective in Decreasing Early Chronic Absence , Kimberly S. Cassidy
Use of the Physical Classroom Environment as a Teaching and Learning Tool Including the Impact of the CCSSI in Kindergarten Through Third Grade Classrooms in Northeast Tennessee , Charity Hensley-Pipkin
Professional Learning Communities as a Professional Development Model Focusing on Instructional Practices Used to Teach Writing in Early Childhood , Jill T. Leonard
The Relationship Between an Affective Instructional Design, Children’s Attitudes Toward Mathematics, and Math Learning for Kindergarten-Age Children , Wendee B. White Mrs
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
An Exploratory Critical Study of Questioning Strategies Posed by Early Childhood Teachers During Literacy Blocks , Angela H. Baker Ms.
Developing Mastery in Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, and Morphemic Awareness: A Multiple Case Study of Preservice Early Childhood Educators , Ruth Facun-Granadozo
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
The Influences of Caregiver-Child Interactions and Temperament on Cortisol Concentrations of Toddlers in Full-Day Childcare , Helen Morris Lane
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
Project 3rd Grade Environment: Descriptive Phenomenological Study of the Physical and Learning Environment in a Transformed 3rd Grade Classroom. , Charity Gail Hensley
Theses/Dissertations from 2008 2008
Inquire Within: The Connection between Teacher Training in Inquiry Learning Methodology and Classroom Practice. , Ariel Sky Ashe
Relationships between Primary Teacher Beliefs and Practice in the Primary Classrooms of a Small Urban School in East Tennessee. , Lindsay Collins Moore
Theses/Dissertations from 2007 2007
The Effects of Movement on Literacy. , Kathy S. Luppe
Theses/Dissertations from 2006 2006
Perceived Teacher Self-Efficacy in Early Childhood Settings: Differences between Early Childhood and Elementary Education Candidates. , Bradley Carroll Billheimer
Theses/Dissertations from 2004 2004
The Use of Rotation Model Sunday School. , Heather Renee Jones
The Relationship between the Use of Developmentally Appropriate Practice and the Inclusion of Product-Producing Art Activities in Infant Programs. , April D. Moore
Theses/Dissertations from 2003 2003
The Curricular Practices of Early Childhood Teachers Working in Public Sschool Primary Grades. , Elizabeth Ely Brading
Journaling as a Tool to Improve Story Comprehension for Kindergarten Students. , Carisa L. Carr
The Effects of Adult Interaction on Toddler Behavior in the Classroom. , Sarah Webb Hackney
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Early Childhood Education Graduate Program
- Digital Scholarship Services
Sponsored by Charles C. Sherrod Library
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
- Essay Writing
- Extended Essays
- IB Internal Assessment
- Theory of Knowledge
- Literature Review
- Research Writing
- Assignment Help
- Capstone Projects
- College Application
- Online Class
- Order Assignment
Early Childhood Education Dissertation Topics: 20+ Ideas and Examples
by Antony W
February 19, 2022
Are you looking for some early childhood education dissertation topics but have no idea where to start? This guide is for you.
We understand that the best topics in this category of learning won’t come automatically during brainstorming. So some insights from can go a long way to help you identify the right topic ideas to consider for your project.
This guide is more than just a list of dissertation topics in early childhood education. It’s a guide in which we’ll go even further and look at:
- What early childhood education is
- How to choose early childhood education topics and
- Early childhood education dissertation topics
Let’s explore these subtopics even further to help you gain more insights into the topic:
What is Early Childhood Education?
Early childhood education is a teaching program that encompasses all form of formal and informal education provided to children of up to 8 years of age. Not only is this education significant to the current stage of the child. It also plays an important role of shaping them for later years in their lives.
- Informal education: Parents and caregivers are the major source of input that helps children’s early stage of development. In this case, parents are the first teachers, and it’s a crucial stage for children aged 0 to 2 years. Often, this is the point where a child develops a sense of self-awareness and attachment with parents.
- Formal education: Spanning between 2 to 8 years, formal early childhood education, which varies from state to state and from program to program, is a program that qualified teachers can provide in any relevant settings. Some of these settings include preschool, nursery schools, and kindergarten.
How to Choose Early Education Childhood Education Dissertation Topics
You never want to choose dissertation topics in early childhood education blindly. So it’s important to make sure you consider a few things before you conclude that a certain topic is worth working on.
Essentially, the topic you choose should be:
- Relevant: The topic you choose should be historic in kind and very relevant in its nature. You will have to identify research that already exist on the topic and then figure out how you can expand it.
- Specific: Does the topic have a specific scientific significance? If you can formulate the goals and objectives of the study, then the topic could be worth investigating.
- Practical: Your topic should be practical in the sense that it clearly explains who will benefit from the research and also explain the relevant area of application.
Early Childhood Education Dissertation Topics
Below are some of the examples of the early childhood education Dissertation topics that you should consider:
- Discuss a children's book about gender norms.
- How to Instill Early Leadership Skills in Children
- What are the difficulties that immigrant children face while attending classes alongside other children in mainstream classrooms?
- What are the advantages of early childhood education for children?
- Early learning provides opportunities.
- Evaluating the attributes of a good primary school teacher in early childhood education
- What is the best age to start exposing children to technology?
- Examine children's literature for patterns of prejudicial representation.
- What are the fundamental abilities of children in their early stages of development?
- Explain the various stages of structure play in early childhood.
- Explain and highlight the factors that influence teachers' levels of motivation.
- What hardships do young children face as they adapt to compulsory schooling?
- What are the roles of parents and teachers in instilling good ethics and morals in young children during early childhood education?
- What should be the primary focus of early developmental learning: academics or extracurricular activities?
- What are parents' concerns about their children attending school?
- What role does the student-teacher relationship play in ensuring that young children reach developmental milestones on time?
- The effect does seating arrangements in a classroom have on young students
- What role can teachers and parents play to combat the act of bullying among children in the young age?
- What is the value of primary education now when homeschooling is becoming more popular?
- How can the challenges of nation-building be addressed by developing a more effective curriculum for early childhood education?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of instilling nationalist ideologies in young children?
- What is the significance of recess in school and how does it affect early learning?
- Explain the barriers to learning and the opportunities for young children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- How to Ensure Young Children's Early Literacy
- Piaget's developmental stages
- What are common definitions of "good" and "bad" from the perspective of a young child; provide a thorough review.
- What are the potential advantages of a Montessori education?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of mobile classroom applications in terms of increasing parent-student interaction?
- What is the impact of mandatory school uniforms; discuss both the educational benefits and drawbacks of mandatory school uniforms.
- Physical classes vs. online classes; weigh the benefits and drawbacks!
- Effective strategies for instilling etiquette in young students
- What are the advantages of homework?
- What are the limitations and risks of encouraging young children to develop a "sense of belonging" and "personal identity"?
- Determine an age-appropriate minimum level of social responsibility in young children.
- Describe effective behavior management techniques for young children.
- How do you instill self-worth in young children?
- The advantages of taking short breaks between long periods of study for young children
- What technologies and tools can be used to enhance and improve young children's learning experiences?
- Is the use of electronic whiteboards the future of education?
- What are the best techniques for teachers to use when providing experiential learning to preschool students versus primary school students?
- Language learning techniques that work for young children
- Should we encourage the inclusion of kids with learning disabilities in regular schools?
- Should pre-school curricula be defined by standardized educational mechanisms?
- How are children portrayed in the mainstream media?
- What are the pedagogical advantages of learning via the internet?
- What exactly is the theory of authoritarian management?
- What are the rules of online learning?
- Is online learning advantageous for young children?
- What exactly is gamified learning? Discuss the benefits and drawbacks.
It’s important to understand that these topic ideas are by no means an exhaustive list. Still, they make a good starting point to identify the right topic to work on as an early childhood education student.
About the author
Antony W is a professional writer and coach at Help for Assessment. He spends countless hours every day researching and writing great content filled with expert advice on how to write engaging essays, research papers, and assignments.
Theses and Dissertations (Early Childhood Education)
- UPSpace Home
- Early Childhood Education
- UP Postgraduate
Search within this collection:
- Ecosystemic factors influencing the accessibility of Early Childhood Development services for young children with disabilities Mailwane, Joyce Nthabiseng Basanyane ( University of Pretoria , 2015-11 ) There has been a growing recognition of the importance of development in the early years of a child globally. South Africa has been no exception in this regard, as since the establishment of the democratic government in ...
- A retrospective analysis of childhood experiences in conflicted relationships Schoeman, Carli ( University of Pretoria , 2023 ) This qualitative research study aimed to understand the dynamics of the conflicted mother–daughter relationship. The literature shows that although mothers and daughters have a unique and intimate bond, their relationship ...
- Teacher’s implementation of construction play in early childhood learning environments Pienaar, Karen ( University of Pretoria , 2023 ) Historically, the concept of play has been at the centre of early childhood programmes. Early childhood educators have observed and emphasised that young children bring energy and enthusiasm to their play, which seem to ...
- Investigating teachers' conceptualisation of ADHD neurodevelopment and mathematical interventions in Grade 3 Foundation Phase classes Loots, Stefnie ( University of Pretoria , 2023 ) Teachers need to be made more knowledgeable and trained about ADHD to successfully present inclusive teaching in mathematics to ADHD-identified learners. The more knowledgeable teachers are about the neurodevelopment of ...
- Ecosystemic factors influencing the experience of fear in young children Masola, Francinah ( University of Pretoria , 2022 ) The purpose of this study was to investigate ecosystemic factors influencing the experience of fear in young children. Through qualitative method, a sample of 12 grade three learners’ drawings, 12 parents, three grade three ...
- Exploring a mother's lived-experiences of inclusion of her child with ADHD Pretorius, Carolina Maria ( University of Pretoria , 2021 ) Inclusive education as a global practice, aims, among other things, to ensure quality mainstream education for all learners, regardless of age, gender, race, language, socio-economic status, and disability. However, learners ...
- Parents and teachers’ experiences and views of risky outdoor play in early learning centres Pretorius, Lorette ( University of Pretoria , 2021 ) There is a concern that children are deprived of opportunities for responding to challenges and exploring risky situations in outdoor play. Children are not afforded the chance to be challenged by risky, yet safe situations. ...
- Experiences of young orphans who transition into extended families in Zimbabwe Chiimba, Cathrine M. ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) This study explores the experiences of young orphans who transition into extended families in Zimbabwe, focusing on the five- to ten-year-old age group. The study embraced a qualitative approach which is situated within ...
- Facilitating young children’s understanding of Ubuntu using creative drama Muller, Cornelia Magrietha (Carla) ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) In the Manifesto on Values (2001), Ubuntu is depicted as one of the ten democratic values and the Department of Education (DoE, 2001) portrays it as one of the most important values to promote citizenry. Ubuntu provides a ...
- Conceptualising the influence of sensopathic-focussed play pedagogy on the young learner Lewington, Charlotte ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) Teacher-led sensory play pedagogy, which specifically focuses on the sensopathic senses, has the potential to facilitate sensory processing in Grade R (Reception Year) children in preparing them for the transition from ...
- Strengthening group work play-based pedagogy to enhance core skills in young learners Ekeh, Martin Chukwudi ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) The researcher investigated teachers’ use of group work play-based pedagogy to enhance core skills in young learners. The reason for this investigation was rooted in the teaching methods used by most Nigerian teachers. ...
- Die verband tussen ouerskappraktyk en die aggressiewe gedrag van leerlinge in spesiale skole Cockrell, Phelia Jacoba ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) Leerlinge met matige intellektuele disfunksie (MID) is ŉ kohort leerlinge wie se hoë aggressievlakke onderrig in skole ernstig bemoeilik. Leerlinge met MID het ŉ gemiddelde intelligensiekwosiënt (IK) van 55 tot 70 en hul ...
- A training framework for Early Childhood Education Care practitioners in facilitating transition from home to school Chetty, Magesveri S. ( University of Pretoria , 2021 ) The first five years in children’s lives lay the foundation for their cognitive and social development and learning prowess over the course of their lives. In terms of global awareness, the field of Early Childhood Development ...
- Strengthening the implementation of early childhood development policies to improve quality Matjokana, Tuelo Nelly ( University of Pretoria , 2021-06 ) Early Childhood Development (ECD) is a priority in Tshwane North, South Africa. The purpose of this study was to gain an understanding of how Early Childhood Development (ECD) officials implement ECD policies appropriately ...
- The impact of lesson study on the professional development of early grade teachers Helmbold, Erika Geertruida ( University of Pretoria , 2021 ) The professional development of teachers in South Africa needs critical attention, particularly in the area of early grade mathematics. The Integrated Strategic Planning Framework for Teacher Education and Development in ...
- Moedertaal-, dubbelmedium- en tweedetaalonderrig : 'n Verkennend-vergelykende studie van driejariges se sosiale en emosionele ontwikkeling Boon, Wietske ( University of Pretoria , 2021-05 ) First- and second-language education is a much researched and universal phenomenon. Like in many other countries, South African children attend preschools from a young age. They often attend dual-medium or English preschools, ...
- Ecosystematic factors affecting comprehensive sexuality education in early grades in Zimbabwean schools Mahoso, Thaddeus ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) Child sexual abuse is rampant in Zimbabwe. This can be attributed to several Zimbabwean ecosystemic factors that contribute to the gravity of the problem. This study explored these ecosystemic factors that affect Comprehensive ...
- Grade R student teacher experience of Work Integrated Learning Jacobs, Mariaan ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) The demand for effective and competent teachers in South Africa remains a critical issue. Quality teacher education programmes are therefore essential to develop teachers who are knowledgeable, with the necessary skills, ...
- Strengthening teacher support to learners experiencing dyscalculia in Grade 3 Haarhoff, Kayla ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) Results from the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) and the Annual National Assessment (ANA) provide insight into the notion that learners’ skills and knowledge of mathematics are poor. These ...
- Using drawings to understand the causes of anger in young children Fourie, Jennifer Susan ( University of Pretoria , 2020 ) This study is set out to explore and understand the causes of anger through drawings, narrative inquiries, observations, field notes and semi-structured interviews by young learners and their teachers. The aims of the study ...
All of upspace.
- Communities & Collections
- Education theses SDG-04 (73)
- SDG-04: Quality education (73)
- Education theses SDG-10 (38)
- SDG-10: Reduced inequalities (38)
- Education theses SDG-03 (31)
- SDG-03: Good health and well-being (31)
- Unrestricted (17)
- Education theses SDG-16 (15)
- SDG-16: Peace, justice and strong institutions (14)
- ... View More
- 2020 - 2023 (19)
- 2010 - 2019 (79)
- 2000 - 2009 (1)
- 1976 - 1979 (1)
Early Childhood Education
- Specialized Databases
- News & Magazines
- Background Information
- Organizing Research & Citations This link opens in a new window
- Learn the Library Education
Content: National University & NCU student dissertations and literature reviews.
Purpose: Use for foundational research, to locate test instruments and data, and more.
Special Features: Search by advisor (chair), degree, degree level, or department. Includes a read-aloud feature.
Content: Global student dissertations and literature reviews.
Special Features: Search by advisor (chair), degree, degree level, or department. Includes a read-aloud feature
The ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database (PQDT) is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses. It is the database of record for graduate research, with over 2.3 million dissertations and theses included from around the world.
Learn how to find dissertations in the Library. See the FAQ: How can I find completed dissertations in the Library?
- A Phenomenological Study: Prekindergarten Teachers' Behavior Management Techniques and the Perceived Effectiveness of Such Techniques The purpose of this qualitative, phenomenological study was to explore the lived experiences of prekindergarten teachers concerning the effectiveness of behavior management techniques at a public school district in northeast Florida. Author: Mary Ann Kester, Northcentral University.
- A Qualitative Action Research Study of North Carolina Head Start Parent Involvement and At-Risk Preschool Early Literacy Experiences The purpose of this qualitative action research study was to explore Head Start parents’ perceptions and experiences with parent-child shared reading at home and school in early literacy learning to prepare at-risk North Carolina four-year-old literacy development. Author: Francis Jane Bennett, Northcentral University.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of an Early Childhood Professional Learning Community Initiative Study included both a survey of individual participants and focus groups with questions designed to indicate status of the Professional Learning Community (PLC) on the continuum. Author: William C. Marble III, Wilmington University.
- Family and Service Provider Perceptions of Early Childhood Intervention Program Study was designed to examine family and service provider perceptions on the factors in the Early Childhood Intervention program that families value the most, which could help generate strategies that encourage family involvement and increase the effectiveness of the program. Author: Susan Moody, Northcentral University.
- Inclusive Leadership in Early Childhood Education: Practices and Perspectives of Program Administrators The purpose of this phenomenological case study was to gain insight into the perspectives of early childhood leaders about practices that facilitate inclusion. Author: Mary Credle Jordan, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Men in Early Childhood Education: A System Analyzed Guided by Parson's framework on structural functionalism, specifically, how traditions are maintained and shared with members of society through education, this qualitative case study examined a college recruiting system and the perceptions of 4 different groups within this system. Author: Lida Lennore Anderson, Walden University.
- Perceptions of Leadership in Early Childhood Education: A Multiple Case Study Qualitative, multiple-case study was conducted in which six purposefully selected Maryland elementary school principals were interviewed and five purposefully selected assistant principals participated in a focus group discussion regarding their perspectives about the mandatory implementation of prekindergarten programs in elementary schools. Author: Jacqueline D. Gaines, Northcentral University.
- Pre-service Student-Teachers' Perceptions of Play in the Early Childhood Classroom After Research Analysis with Discussion-Case Application: A Sequential Explanatory Mixed Methods Approach Qualitative study addressed a gap in literature by examining teacher perceptions of students with executive function deficits, as well as teacher preparedness and desire to learn more about executive function. Author: Stacey L. E. Reed, Missouri Baptist University.
- Relationship Between Early Childhood Education and Student Success The purpose of the study was to determine whether differences exist in performance on high-stakes accountability tests in third grade and high school among seniors who attended preschool and those who did not attend preschool. Author: Fina F. Gayden-Hence, The University of Southern Mississippi.
- Teaching and Working in Linguistically Diverse Early Childhood Education Programs: Three Studies in Head Start Looks at how Head Start programs support the language and literacy development of ELL children and how Head Start teachers can be better developed to provide this support. Author: Jennifer Wallace Jacoby, Harvard University.
- << Previous: Background Information
- Next: Videos >>
- Last Updated: Nov 20, 2023 8:49 PM
- URL: https://resources.nu.edu/earlychildhood
Home > Education > Early Childhood and Elementary Education > ECE_DISS
Early Childhood and Elementary Education Dissertations
Dissertations from 2023 2023.
URLiteracy: Analyzing the K-2 Georgia Standards of Excellence in Computer Science and English Language Arts , Lauren Coleman
Quiet as it's Kept: A Critical Case Study of Race Talk in Preservice Teachers' Read Alouds , Carina Windom
Assessing Early Writing In Preschool: Reliability And Validity Of A Refined Coding System , Xiao Zhang
Dissertations from 2022 2022
When They See Us in the Pages: The Representation of Black and Brown Males in Children’s Literature , Quintin R. Bostic II
Roots and Wings: A Case Study of African American English Language Awareness in an Urban Preservice Teacher Education Program , Nicole Denise Dukes
Let’s Talk About Math: Exploring How Elementary Teachers Plan And Implement Mathematical Discourse In The Classroom , Anne Robertson Green
Factors Predicting The Self-efficacy Of Instructional Coaches Of Mathematics In Urban Elementary Schools , Ayana Oden
Dissertations from 2021 2021
A Document Analysis of the Presence and Relationships Between Schwab’s Four Commonplaces in a Literacy Curriculum that's Adopted in High-Needs Schools , Cletis Allen
How White Racial Identity Changes in Time and Context for One Teacher (Educator) , Melissa Schellenberg
Cognitive Dissonance and Special Education Teachers: Examining Instructional Decisions in a High-stakes Testing Era , Alyse H. Showers
Beyond Bandwidth: An Examination of Making Learning Accessible for All Students , Christal Walker
Dissertations from 2020 2020
Teacher's Narratives: Navigating Culturally Responsive Teaching in Upper Elementary Mathematics Classrooms , LaToya Byrd
How It Lives in Me Is the Work: A Mother and Daughter’s Critical Collaborative Inquiry Navigating and Deconstructing White Fragility , Margaret Dantzler
Bringing Clarity to the Construct: A Content Analysis of Dispositions for Urban Teaching and Learning , Sarah Mia Obiwo
Art Talk/Creative Talk Time (C.T.T): A Framework for Using Student-Teacher Conversation as an Instructional Tool , Erica M. Pendleton
Elementary Science: A Critical Race Perspective of Exemplary African American Teachers , Mario Pickens
Centering Black Women's Ways of Knowing: A Review of Critical Literacies Research and a Black Feminist Analysis of Black Women Educators’ Extraordinary Literacies , Francheska Denise Starks
Dissertations from 2019 2019
The Manfestation of the African-Centered Educational Philosophy in the Pedagogical Practices of an Elementary Education Science Teacher , Akua Appiagyei
Monotheist but not Monolithic: Middle Eastern Muslim Identity and Intersectionality in Middle Eastern Picture Books , Mehmet Gultekin
A Different Story of Beliefs: Preparing Elementary Mathematics Specialists (as-Subjects) and Reconceptualizing Teacher Beliefs(-Entangled) , Kayla Myers
Dissertations from 2018 2018
A Qualitative Examination of Teacher-Student Relationships in the Elementary Grades: Teacher and Student Perspectives , Ryan Daniel Fremeau
A Critical Discourse Analysis of Middle-Class African American Parents' Racial Socialization Parenting Behavior with Their 3 and 4-year-old Sons , Stacey French-Lee
An Examination of Pre-K Co-Teacher’s’ Perceptions and Self-Efficacy in their Present Co-teaching Experiences , Nicola A. Gayle
Exploring First Graders' Mathematical Explanations , Nicole Gearing
Elementary Teacher Candidates’ Lived Experiences Of edTPA Mathematics Assessment Task , Tiffany Jacobs
Teacher-Child Relationships and Parental Support: Association with Academic Achievement among Preschoolers , Chaehyun Lim
COGNITIVE DISSONANCE AND TEACHERS: WHEN BELIEFS AND MANDATES COLLIDE , Julie McFaddin
Elementary School Teachers' Integration Of Digital Literacy During Collaborative Planning Sessions In a Project-Based School , Zehra Ozturk
Dissertations from 2017 2017
Digitally Sound? Teachers’ Use of Digital Literacies in Predominantly African American Classrooms in a Low SES Urban School Setting , Ruby Champion
Examining Elementary Mathematics Teachers' Knowledge and Implementation of High Leverage Teaching Practices , Cliff Chestnutt
Exploring the Influence of the Singapore Modeling Method on Prospective Elementary Teachers in a University Mathematics Course , Geoff F. Clement
Handling the Past: Using a Specialized Curriculum to Facilitate Narration of Racial Identities , Andrea D. Kiel
Special Education Teacher Retention in Small Schools , Siri Marie Olson
Theoretical Understandings and Empirical Approaches to the Measurement of Children's Early Composing , Margaret Quinn
Opened Eyes, Opened Minds: The Story of a Collaborative Inquiry into Electronic Book Use in the Primary Reading Classroom , Lisa Stone
Dissertations from 2016 2016
Investigating Elementary School Teachers' Interactions Relating to Newcomer Emergent Bilingual Students , Amelia A. Cain
Changing Perceptions: Six Third Grade Teachers’ Experiences Integrating Economics With Book Clubs , Sandra Cronin
Outdoor Play Behaviors of Pre-Kindergarten Students: Investigating Sociometric Scores, Familiarity, Gender, and Play Entry Strategies , Leslie McAlpin
Perceptions and Practice: An Investigation of Urban Teachers' Perceived and Observed Teaching Dispositions , Carla Bernard Miller
Dissertations from 2015 2015
"Move the Decimal Point and Divide": An Exploration of Students' Introduction to Division with Decimals , Sharon Hooper
Creating Space For New Teacher Voices: Examining Mentoring From the Perspective of New Teacher Residents , Cassandra Matthews
Dissertations from 2014 2014
A Case of a Situative Model for Professional Learning , April K. DeGennaro
A Mixed-Methods Examination of Inservice Elementary School Teachers' Mathematics Mentoring Experiences in a Mathematics Master's Degree Program , Hardray Dumas
A Du Boisian Approach: How Does Double Consciousness Manifest in the Experiences of Black Males in an Urban Teacher Preparation Program , Brandon Lewis
Teachers' Perceptions of Accent on Formative Reading Assessments , Meghan Pendergast
Dissertations from 2013 2013
To Give and To Receive: Examining Feedback in Three Coaching Dyads From the Perspective of a University Coach and Teach For America Corps Members , Monica M. Alicea
Literacy Instruction in the Wake of Common Core State Standards , Jennifer Barrett-Mynes
Dissertations from 2012 2012
Investigation of In-Service Teachers' Use of Video during a Critical Friends Group , Karen A. Czaplicki
Crossing Boundaries: Exploring Black Middle And Upper Class Preservice Teachers’ Perceptions Of Teaching And Learning In High Poverty Urban Schools , Andrea D. Lewis
Dissertations from 2011 2011
Allow the Music to Speak: A Portraiture Case Study of Pre-service Teachers' Experiences in a Music-Integrated Literacy Methods Course , Christi Moore
Dissertations from 2010 2010
The Relationship between Language and Reading in Bilingual English-Arabic Children , Lama K. Farran
A Dichotomy Examined: Beginning Teach for America Educators Navigate Culturally Relevant Teaching and a Scripted Literacy Program in their Urban Classrooms , Kara M. Kavanagh
Student Participation in Mathematics Discourse in a Standards-based Middle Grades Classroom , Brian S. Lack
A Case Study Examination of Culturally Relevant Pedagogical Practices for English- Language Learners in a Pre-Kindergarten Classroom Setting , Lisa Anne Matthews
Dissertations from 2009 2009
Finding Their Way: A Critical Ethnography of Five African American Women Educators' Early Experiences to Develop Into Culturally Relevant Pedagogues , Rachel B. Dunbar
In and Out of the Matrix: Three Elementary Pre-Service Teachers' Reflective Journeys toward Culturally Relevant Pedagogy , Tonia Renee Durden
Linking Theory to Practice: Understanding How Two Reading Recovery Teachers' Reflections Inform their Teaching Practices , Lydia Criss Mays
Dissertations from 2008 2008
Elementary Teachers' Experiences with Technology Professional Development and Classroom Technology Integration: Influences of Elements of Diffusion and Support , Frances LeAnna Bryant
Keep Your Eyes on Ms. Clark: Two Mexican Immigrant Children Make the Transition to Kindergarten , Mark B. Cobb
Outcomes of Standards-based Portfolios for Elementary Teacher Candidates , Christina C. McIntyre
Dissertations from 2007 2007
Development of Interest in Science and Interest in Teaching Elementary Science: Influence of Informal, School, and Inquiry Methods Course Experiences , Mizrap Bulunuz
Understanding of Earth and Space Science Concepts: Strategies for Concept Building in Elementary Teacher Preparation , Nermin Bulunuz
Dissertations from 2006 2006
Effect of a Wildlife Conservation Camp Experience in China on Student Knowledge of Animals, Care, Propensity for Environmental Stewardship, and Compassionate Behavior Toward Animals , Sarah Marie Bexell
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Submit ETD (Thesis/Dissertation)
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education Department
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
LearnTechLib - The Learning & Technology Library
- Popular Articles
- Conference Papers
- Publishing Partners
- Usage Statisics
- Technical Support
- License Agreement
- Digital Library
Dissertations for Early Childhood Education
Abel, kathryn d., analysis of collaborative e-mail use on the language acquisition of pre-school children aged 4 and 5, adams, marietta smith, gender differences in the complexity of virtual lego block designs of kindergarten students, allen, sarah rebekah, word learning from videos: evidence from 2-year-olds, alman, lourdes fraga, the effects of a computer-mediated intervention on “at-risk” preschool students' receptive vocabulary and computer literacy skills, anderson, tina couch, implementation of computer-based instruction in preschool programs for children with disabilities, arikan, arzu, an interpretivist approach to understanding technology policy in education: sociocultural differences between official tales of technology and local practices of early childhood educators, ashmore, lara houlihan, web site usability and the theory of multiple intelligences, bagiati, aikaterini, early engineering: a developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children, barker, bradley scott, a comparison research model for adult distributed training, barnes, susan kubic, using computer-based testing with young children, beale, nancy ann, effects of utilizing educational tv shows and conversational recasting on language skills of preschoolers with specific language impairments, bewick, cynthia jeanne, the adoption of computers as an instructional tool by michigan head start teachers, bolkhovitinov, nadine a., effect of a photo story intervention on the vocalizations and verbalizations of preschool students with developmental delays, bradberry-guest, kelly, effects of computer-based intervention on higher order thinking skills and implications for response to intervention (rti), bryant, frances leanna, elementary teachers' experiences with technology professional development and classroom technology integration: influences of elements of diffusion and support, calderon, zulma, computer support learning: the experimental findings and analysis of making cents, candreva, cecilia, digital storytelling in kindergarten: merging literacy, technology, and multimodality, caplovitz, allison gilman, the effects of using an electronic talking book on the emergent literacy skills of preschool children, carlough, john charles, reading instruction of first-grade students within a whole learning reading program using cd-rom versus traditional print storybooks, caswell, cameron l., what am i feeling using television to effectively teach emotion knowledge to preschoolers, sign in or register, sign in using email & password.
Don't have a username/password? Sign up!
Sign in with Facebook
Sign in with Google
Save to Collections
Choose collection(s) to save to:
- General Default Rename to:
ODU Digital Commons
Home > Education > Communication Disorders & Special Education > EARLYCHILDHOOD_ETDS
Theses and Dissertations in Early Childhood Education
Theses/dissertations from 2015 2015.
Dissertation: The Effects of Incorporating Interactive Questioning During Shared Electronic Book Reading on Preschoolers' Comprehension , Lynda Gail Salmon
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Dissertation: An Examination of Teachers' Writing Self-Efficacy, First-Grade Students' Attitudes and Self-Efficacy in Writing, and Students' Writing Behaviors , Julie Bridget Mary Dashiell
Dissertation: Recruiting, Engaging, and Retaining Low Income Parents in Community Parenting Programs: A Phenomenological Study , Jane Elyce Fuqua Glasgow
Dissertation: Using Interactive Reading Techniques with Word World to Enhance Emergent Literacy , James B. Godfrey
Dissertation: The Relationship of Mobility, Child Characteristics and School Characteristics to the Academic Achievement of Third Grade Students in a Predominantly Latino District , John Christopher Hicks
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Dissertation: How Counselors Are Trained to Work with Bisexual Clients in CACREP-Accredited Programs , Laurie Anne Bonjo
Dissertation: The Effect of Public Pre-Kindergarten Attendance on First Grade Reading and Social Achievement: A District Level Analysis , Michael James Haslip
Dissertation: Quality Profiles in Early Childhood: An Example From Virginia's Quality Rating Improvement System , Kathryn M. Squibb
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
Dissertation: Kindergarten Teachers' Classroom Management Beliefs and Practices and Their Implications on Students' Social and Academic Outcomes , Lauren D. Florin
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
Dissertation: A Hierarchical Examination of the Immigrant Achievement Gap: The Additional Explanatory Power of Nationality and Educational Selectivity Over Traditional Explorations of Race and Socioeconomic Status , Kathryn A. Simms
Theses/Dissertations from 2009 2009
Dissertation: The Impact of The 101s: A Guide to Positive Discipline Teacher Training on Teacher Interaction Practices, Teacher-Child Relationship Quality, School Adjustment, and Academic Outcomes in Kindergarten Classrooms in Bangkok, Thailand , Panadda Thanasetkorn
Dissertation: The Impact of The 101s: A Guide to Positive Discipline Parent Training: A Case Study of Kindergarteners and Their Parents in Bangkok, Thailand , Piyavalee Thanasetkorn
Theses/Dissertations from 2008 2008
Dissertation: The Impact of the 101s: A Guide to Positive Discipline Training on Teacher Interaction Practices, Attitudes, and Prosocial Skill Outcomes in Preschool Classrooms , Marie Louise Talayco Masterson
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Author Guidelines
- Department of Communication Disorders & Special Education
- Other Digital Collections
- ODU Libraries
- Old Dominion University
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Theses and Dissertations (Department of Early Childhood Education)
- UnisaIR Home
- College of Education
- Department of Early Childhood Education
- By Issue Date
Search within this collection:
The copyright of all items in this collection belongs to the University of South Africa.
- Early childhood teachers’ pedagogical assessment leadership practices and skills in Ghana Asare, Kotor ( 2022-12-08 ) An effective pedagogical leader requires a variety of knowledge and skills for assessment leadership. This study aimed to determine how Ghanaian early childhood teachers perceive pedagogical and assessment leadership and ...
- Effect of large class size and teacher-learner ratio on classroom management in early childhood educational centres in Ghana Kissi-Abrokwah, Bernard ( 2021-11 ) The purpose of this study was to investigate how large class size and teacher-to-learner ratio affect classroom management in early childhood educational centres (ECECs) in Ghana. Using the concurrent triangulation mixed ...
- An exploration of health-related lifestyle behaviours of foundation phase learners : a socioecological perspective Manyaka, Mmapeu ( 2022-01 ) Young children’s health-related lifestyle behaviours are a growing concern worldwide. Various studies have confirmed that lifestyle behaviours among children in low- to middle-income countries are on the increase, resulting ...
- Factors affecting the spiritual development of young children in Christian faith based pre-schools in the Oyo State of Nigeria Odesola, Foluke Omobonike ( 2021-04 ) Many Christian faith-based preschools in the Oyo State of Nigeria are realising that spiritual development is an essential part of young children’s natural growth and should be given due attention. Accordingly, activities ...
- Exploring Grade R teaching and learning in rural schools Makeleni, Theorin Nomvuyiso ( 2018-07 ) The purpose of this qualitative study was to investigate some of the challenges facing Grade R teaching and learning in rural schools and how these challenges influence effective teaching and learning in classroom practice. ...
- The practices of inclusive education in Grade R, Nylstroom circuit, Limpopo Sambo, Tinyiko Florence ( 2018-01 ) The Early Childhood Development (ECD) policy of White Paper 5 protects the development right of children and to learn at an early age. In line with this, the Inclusive Education (IE) policy of White Paper 6 (2001) ...
- The effect of second language storybook reading and interactive vocabulary instruction on the vocabulary acquisition of Grade 1 learners Van den Berg, Lenore ( 2018-01 ) The study sets out to add to the research base on vocabulary acquisition by assessing the effect of integrating explicit, interactive vocabulary instruction with storybook reading on Grade 1 vocabulary acquisition. ...
- An overview of productive vocabulary levels amongst ESL learners and teachers in Gauteng township schools Moyo, Flora ( 2018-02 ) The study measures the productive vocabulary size of Grade 6 English Second Language learners and teachers in 16 township schools in Gauteng Province. Data from learners (n-881) and teachers (n-19) were collected by testing ...
- An investigation of the challenges affecting reading in the foundation phase in rural areas of Bolobedu, Limpopo province Mafokwane, Moore Fridah ( 2017 ) This study aims to investigate the challenges affecting reading in the foundation phase and to explore the different approaches that teachers use to address them. The research is qualitative in nature and used a case study ...
- An investigation on the role of grade R teachers in creating a conducive environment for learning numeracy at Vhuronga Vhembe District in South Africa Mulaudzi, Ntshengedzeni Olga ( 2017-06 ) South Africa‟s recent participation in the national, regional and international studies revealed that the South African learners perform poorly in mathematics when compared with other same-level learners in other participating ...
- Exploring the teaching of Grade 1–3 English spelling using the Sound Reading System : a case of a Namibian primary school Jansen, Jessica Mary-Ann ( 2017-01 ) Exploring the teaching of Grade 1 – 3 English spelling using the Sound Reading System: A case of a Namibian primary school Spelling is crucial for literacy development in children and therefore needs to be taught effectively ...
- Investigating the needs and challenges of underachieving Grade R learners in a Mitchell’s Plain primary school Filander, Beranese ( 2015-10 ) Many learners enter Grade 1 underprepared, because they have not had the chance to develop the necessary skills, values or attitudes expected of learners in this year. This results in academic backlogs and school ...
- Experience of grade four teachers with regard to reading competence in two schools at Hlangananisouth circuit in Vhembe District Vukeya, I. ( 2014-11-15 ) The aim of the study was to find out about the perception of grade four teachers with regard to reading competence of the learners. The ability to read is an important skill in today`s modern world where so much information ...
- Investigating Grade one teacher perceptions of reception year learner readiness Mahan, Sibongile Johannah ( 2015-02 ) The purpose of this study was to establish the perception of Grade One teachers regarding the school readiness of Reception Year learners in relation to the new national Curriculum Assessment and Policy Statement (CAPS). ...
- Assisting teachers to support mildly intellectually disabled learners in the foundation phase in accordance with the policy of inclusion Sethosa, Mosima Francisca ( 2001-06 ) Mildly intellectually disabled (MID) learners, in South Africa, experience a great deal of discrimination. For the Black MID learner, the situation has been the worst in that even at a time when their white counterparts received ...
- Reading difficulties experienced by learners in the foundation phase in inclusive schools in Makapanstad Hlalethwa, Bella Dudula ( 2013-11 ) Literature indicates that there is a national outcry about learners who read below the required levels and that poor matriculation results are, in part, due to the low levels of learners’ reading skills. The focus of this ...
- The quality of early childhood development programmes in Harare primary schools in Zimbabwe Chikutuma, Tendai ( 2013-11 ) The study sought to establish the quality of Early Childhood Development (ECD) programmes. It was therefore important that the researcher investigates whether the ECD programmes were meeting the expectations of the quality ...
- Teacher challenges in the teaching of mathematics at foundation phase Machaba, Maphetla Magdeline ( 2013-09 ) This investigation emanates from the realization that Grade 3 children at schools in disadvantaged areas perform poorly in basic mathematics computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. The aim ...
- The experiences of foundation phase teachers in implementing the curriculum Makeleni, Theorin Nomvuyiso ( 2013-02 ) The purpose of this study is to explore what knowledge and experiences teachers hold about curriculum implementation and how their knowledge and experiences influence teaching and learning practices. This study is qualitative ...
- Methods used for reading instruction at primary schools in the Bojanala districts of North West Province Phajane, Masello Hellen ( 2012-09 ) A plethora of studies in South Africa have examined the reading success of Grade 3 in the Foundation Phase in African Schools, but have investigated teachers’ perspectives on the methods used for reading instruction in ...
All of unisair.
- Communities & Collections
- Makeleni, Theorin Nomvuyiso (2)
- Asare, Kotor (1)
- Chikutuma, Tendai (1)
- Filander, Beranese (1)
- Foluke Omobonike Odesola (1)
- Govindasamy, Sharon (1)
- Hlalethwa, Bella Dudula (1)
- Jansen, Jessica Mary-Ann (1)
- Kissi-Abrokwah, Bernard (1)
- Lenyai, Ellen Miopone (1)
- ... View More
- Teachers (6)
- Foundation phase (5)
- Foundation Phase (4)
- Grade R (4)
- Inclusive education (4)
- Support (3)
- Barriers to learning (2)
- Curriculum (2)
- Early Childhood Development (2)
- Early childhood development (2)
- 2020 - 2022 (4)
- 2010 - 2019 (18)
- 2001 - 2009 (4)
- View Usage Statistics