Terrorism Essay for Students and Teacher
500+ Words Essay on Terrorism Essay
Terrorism is an act, which aims to create fear among ordinary people by illegal means. It is a threat to humanity. It includes person or group spreading violence, riots, burglaries, rapes, kidnappings, fighting, bombings, etc. Terrorism is an act of cowardice. Also, terrorism has nothing to do with religion. A terrorist is only a terrorist, not a Hindu or a Muslim.
Types of Terrorism
Terrorism is of two kinds, one is political terrorism which creates panic on a large scale and another one is criminal terrorism which deals in kidnapping to take ransom money. Political terrorism is much more crucial than criminal terrorism because it is done by well-trained persons. It thus becomes difficult for law enforcing agencies to arrest them in time.
Terrorism spread at the national level as well as at international level. Regional terrorism is the most violent among all. Because the terrorists think that dying as a terrorist is sacred and holy, and thus they are willing to do anything. All these terrorist groups are made with different purposes.
Causes of Terrorism
There are some main causes of terrorism development or production of large quantities of machine guns, atomic bombs, hydrogen bombs, nuclear weapons, missiles, etc. rapid population growth, Politics, Social, Economic problems, dissatisfaction of people with the country’s system, lack of education, corruption, racism, economic inequality, linguistic differences, all these are the major elements of terrorism, and terrorism flourishes after them. People use terrorism as a weapon to prove and justify their point of view. The riots among Hindus and Muslims are the most famous but there is a difference between caste and terrorism.
The Effects Of Terrorism
Terrorism spreads fear in people, people living in the country feel insecure because of terrorism. Due to terrorist attacks, millions of goods are destroyed, the lives of thousands of innocent people are lost, animals are also killed. Disbelief in humanity raises after seeing a terrorist activity, this gives birth to another terrorist. There exist different types of terrorism in different parts of the country and abroad.
Today, terrorism is not only the problem of India, but in our neighboring country also, and governments across the world are making a lot of effort to deal with it. Attack on world trade center on September 11, 2001, is considered the largest terrorist attack in the world. Osama bin Laden attacked the tallest building in the world’s most powerful country, causing millions of casualties and death of thousands of people.
Get the huge list of more than 500 Essay Topics and Ideas
Terrorist Attacks in India
India has suffered several terrorist attacks which created fear among the public and caused huge destruction. Here are some of the major terrorist attacks that hit India in the last few years: 1991 – Punjab Killings, 1993 – Bombay Bomb Blasts, RSS Bombing in Chennai, 2000 – Church Bombing, Red Fort Terrorist Attack,2001- Indian Parliament Attack, 2002 – Mumbai Bus Bombing, Attack on Akshardham Temple, 2003 – Mumbai Bombing, 2004 – Dhemaji School Bombing in Assam,2005 – Delhi Bombings, Indian Institute of Science Shooting, 2006 – Varanasi Bombings, Mumbai Train Bombings, Malegaon Bombings, 2007 – Samjhauta Express Bombings, Mecca Masjid Bombing, Hyderabad Bombing, Ajmer Dargah Bombing, 2008 – Jaipur Bombings, Bangalore Serial Blasts, Ahmedabad Bombings, Delhi Bombings, Mumbai Attacks, 2010 – Pune Bombing, Varanasi Bombing.
The recent ones include 2011 – Mumbai Bombing, Delhi Bombing, 2012 – Pune Bombing, 2013 – Hyderabad Blasts, Srinagar Attack, Bodh Gaya Bombings, Patna Bombings, 2014 – Chhattisgarh Attack, Jharkhand Blast, Chennai Train Bombing, Assam Violence, Church Street Bomb Blast, Bangalore, 2015 – Jammu Attack, Gurdaspur Attack, Pathankot Attack, 2016 – Uri Attack, Baramulla Attack, 2017 – Bhopal Ujjain Passenger Train Bombing, Amarnath Yatra Attack, 2018 Sukma Attack, 2019- Pulwama attack.
Agencies fighting Terrorism in India
Many police, intelligence and military organizations in India have formed special agencies to fight terrorism in the country. Major agencies which fight against terrorism in India are Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Terrorism has become a global threat which needs to be controlled from the initial level. Terrorism cannot be controlled by the law enforcing agencies alone. The people in the world will also have to unite in order to face this growing threat of terrorism.
- Travelling Essay
- Picnic Essay
- Our Country Essay
- My Parents Essay
- Essay on Favourite Personality
- Essay on Memorable Day of My Life
- Essay on Knowledge is Power
- Essay on Gurpurab
- Essay on My Favourite Season
- Essay on Types of Sports
Which class are you in?
Download the App
Terrorism Essay in English [100, 150, 200-250, 300 Words]
Terrorism Essay in English: Terrorism is the use of indiscriminate violence for political ends. In this article, you are going to learn how to write an essay on Terrorism. Here we’ve provided 4 short and long essays (100, 150, 200-250, and 300 words). These essays will be helpful for the students from class 1 to class 12. So, let’s begin.
Table of Contents
Terrorism Essay: 100 Words
Terrorism is the result of widespread discontentment that has gone deeper into the minds of the poor and exploited class of people. Being instigated by some power-hungry politicians, these people take up arms against the establishment to voice their protest. When the language of protest violence and cause takes the shape of immense damages to mankind, it becomes terrorism.
Poor, ordinary people remain helpless at the hands of terrorists who want to exercise their authority against the government. Explosions and other terrorist attacks make the country unsafe and take away the peace of common people. The government has taken many steps to curb terrorist attacks, yet the menace of terrorism is still rocking the foundation of a stable country like India.
Essay on Terrorism: 150 Words
Terrorism is the use of violence to attain one’s political ends. Every day there are reports of sensational and shocking terrorist activities. A worldwide phenomenon, today it has struck terror in the hearts of the people. Terrorism includes kidnapping of eminent personalities, bombing of civilian territories, blowing of buses, trains, aeroplanes and killing innocent people all with a view to spreading fear among the masses. It is a kind of proxy war against the existing elected government.
The evils of terrorism are obvious and the world has become very familiar with its acts. It is a crime against humanity Terrorism must be curbed with a heavy hand. A group of senseless people cannot be allowed to hold the country to ransom. Law and order enforcement agencies should be made more effective to combat the terror campaign and prevent the creation of fear. The root causes should be analyzed to eradicate terrorism. If that is done people all over the world can live in peace and prosperity.
Also Read: Essay on Republic Day
Terrorism Essay in English: 200-250 Words
Terrorism becomes now a days a great problem all over the world. It is also a great threat to mankind. It is the use of terror or violence. A certain group of people adopt it as tactics for a purpose. This group is said to be the terrorists. The purpose is a gain, Most gains are political. Sometimes there may be a personal gain. The criminals operate violence to fulfill their wishes or demands. They have various modes of operation.
Sometimes it is in the form of kidnapping or hijacking. Sometimes it is a kind of blasting bombs in a crowded train or bus. In some cases, they release their hostage on a big ransom. At times their terms and conditions are hard to accept and impossible to fulfil. On most occasions, a dateline is fixed. If they are refused or dishonoured, they turn hostile. The criminals kill their captives. It is a matter of great regret that some countries harbour the militants.
Terrorism creates social unrest. It intends to damage the national progress. Even a government falls victim to their wishes. Such a group hijacked an Indian Boeing from Nepal on the 24th December, 1999. They released it when India freed their leader Masood Azhar from the jail. The militants skyjacked American planes and crashed them into World Trade Centre. It was destroyed completely. The massacres in our Parliament and the American Embassy are the glaring examples in the recent times. We can combat and perish it from the face of the earth. But we must keep it in mind: United we stand, divided we fall.
Also Read: Essay on Independence Day
Terrorism in India Essay: 300 Words
Communal disharmony is one of the causes of terrorism in India. People here are belonging to the different ethnic groups. Prejudiced, some of them show their commitment to their own minority. And this kind of conservative attitude is the genesis of terrorism in India.
Since 1947 India and Pakistan are regarded as two different free countries, although they were undivided India during the reign of the British colonialists. The British left India by conferring freedom on both India and Pakistan, but the relationship remained unfriendly. Although it is not right to say that Pakistan directly gave shelter to the terrorists, there is little doubt that the terrorists have to some extent nourished by Pakistan.
The terrorists threatened the peace in Jammu and Kashmir. Even the terrorists often attacked India between these two countries by way of causing explosions in large cities like Mumbai, Delhi, and Hyderabad. Some Tamil terrorists have also been constantly threatening the peace of India. The most crucial problem that India has now been facing is the activities of the Maoists in West Bengal.
Indians are now uneasy because of the price hike, corruptions in a large scale, and the problem of unemployment. At this time terrorist activities are obligatory to the progress of the nation. All of the political leaders and the Government should be aware of the fact that communal disharmony causes this terrorism. Thus, the liberalism of Indians and proper development of the country, and above all, good administration are very necessary to stop this evil of terrorism.
If it continues, the nation will soon lose its integrity and become the most disgraceful country in the world. Unfortunately, political leaders do politics for the sake of politics only, not for the sake of the making of their country. Every Indian should be conscious of the curse of terrorism and should do well in order to restore the peace of India.
Read More: 1. Essay on Mobile Phone 2. Essay on Television 3. Wonder of Science Essay in English 4. Essay on Newspaper in English 5. Essay on Teachers Day 6. Blood Donation Essay in English
Apj abdul kalam essay in english | 100, 200, 300, 500 words, blood donation essay in english | 150, 200, 300 words, my mother essay in english 10 lines [5 sets], essay on mother teresa in english for students [300 words], leave a comment cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- View All Management Exams
Colleges & Courses
- MBA College Admissions
- MBA Colleges in India
- Top MBA Colleges in India
- Top Online MBA Colleges in India
- CAT Registration 2023
- BBA Colleges in India
- CAT Percentile Predictor 2023
- CAT 2023 College Predictor
- XAT College Predictor 2024
- CMAT College Predictor 2024
- SNAP College Predictor 2023
- MAT College Predictor 2023
- NMAT College Predictor
- CAT 2023 Admit Card
- CAT 2023 Syllabus
- CAT Previous Year Question Papers
- Download Helpful Ebooks
- List of Popular Branches
- QnA - Get answers to your doubts
- IIM Shortlist
- IIM Fees Structure
- JEE Main 2024
- JEE Advanced 2024
- BITSAT 2024
- View All Engineering Exams
- Colleges Accepting B.Tech Applications
- Top Engineering Colleges in India
- Engineering Colleges in India
- Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Engineering Colleges Accepting JEE Main
- Top Engineering Colleges in Hyderabad
- Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra
- JEE Main College Predictor
- JEE Main Rank Predictor
- MHT CET College Predictor
- AP EAMCET College Predictor
- TS EAMCET College Predictor
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Advanced College Predictor
- View All College Predictors
- JEE Main Question Paper
- JEE Main Mock Test
- GATE Mock Test
- JEE Main Syllabus
- Download E-Books and Sample Papers
- Compare Colleges
- B.Tech College Applications
- BITSAT Question Paper
- AIIMS Nursing
- Top Medical Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges in India accepting NEET Score
- Medical Colleges accepting NEET
- List of Medical Colleges in India
- Medical Colleges In Karnataka
- Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Medical Colleges in India Accepting NEET PG
- NEET College Predictor
- NEET PG College Predictor
- NEET MDS College Predictor
- DNB CET College Predictor
- DNB PDCET College Predictor
- NEET Counselling
- NEET Result
- NEET Cut off
- NEET Online Preparation
- Download Helpful E-books
- LSAT India 2024
- Colleges Accepting Admissions
- Top Law Colleges in India
- Law College Accepting CLAT Score
- List of Law Colleges in India
- Top Law Colleges in Delhi
- Top Law Collages in Indore
- Top Law Colleges in Chandigarh
- Top Law Collages in Lucknow
Predictors & E-Books
- CLAT College Predictor
- MHCET Law ( 5 Year L.L.B) College Predictor
- AILET College Predictor
- Sample Papers
- Compare Law Collages
- Careers360 Youtube Channel
- CLAT Admit Card 2023
- AILET Admit Card 2023
- SLAT Application Form 2023
- CLAT 2023 Exam Live
- NID DAT 2024
- UPES DAT 2023
- Animation Courses in India
- Animation Courses in Bangalore
- Animation Courses in Mumbai
- Animation Courses in Pune
- Animation Courses in Chennai
- Animation Courses in Hyderabad
- Design Colleges in India
- Fashion Design Colleges in Bangalore
- Fashion Design Colleges in Mumbai
- Fashion Design Colleges in Pune
- Fashion Design Colleges in Delhi
- Fashion Design Colleges in Hyderabad
- Fashion Design Colleges in India
- Top Design Colleges in India
- Free Sample Papers
- Free Design E-books
- List of Branches
- Careers360 Youtube channel
- NIFT College Predictor
- IPU CET BJMC
- JMI Mass Communication Entrance Exam
- IIMC Entrance Exam
- Media & Journalism colleges in Delhi
- Media & Journalism colleges in Bangalore
- Media & Journalism colleges in Mumbai
- List of Media & Journalism Colleges in India
- Free Ebooks
- CA Intermediate
- CA Foundation
- CS Executive
- CS Professional
- Difference between CA and CS
- Difference between CA and CMA
- CA Full form
- CMA Full form
- CS Full form
- CA Salary In India
Top Courses & Careers
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Company Secretary
- Cost Accountant
- Charted Accountant
- Credit Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Top Commerce Colleges in India
- Top Government Commerce Colleges in India
- Top Private Commerce Colleges in India
- Top M.Com Colleges in Mumbai
- Top B.Com Colleges in India
- IT Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- IT Colleges in Uttar Pradesh
- MCA Colleges in India
- BCA Colleges in India
- Information Technology Courses
- Programming Courses
- Web Development Courses
- Data Analytics Courses
- Big Data Analytics Courses
- RUHS Pharmacy Admission Test
- Top Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Pharmacy Colleges in Pune
- Pharmacy Colleges in Mumbai
- Colleges Accepting GPAT Score
- Pharmacy Colleges in Lucknow
- List of Pharmacy Colleges in Nagpur
- GPAT Result
- GPAT 2024 Admit Card
- GPAT Question Papers
- NCHMCT JEE 2024
- Mah BHMCT CET
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Delhi
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Hyderabad
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Top Hotel Management Colleges in Maharashtra
- B.Sc Hotel Management
- Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Top Diploma Colleges in Maharashtra
- UPSC IAS 2024
- SSC CGL 2023
- IBPS RRB 2023
- Previous Year Sample Papers
- Free Competition E-books
- Sarkari Result
- QnA- Get your doubts answered
- UPSC Previous Year Sample Papers
- CTET Previous Year Sample Papers
- SBI Clerk Previous Year Sample Papers
- NDA Previous Year Sample Papers
- NDA Application Form 2024
- UPSC IAS Application Form 2024
- CDS Application Form 2024
- SSC MTS Result 2023
- IBPS PO Result 2023
- SSC Stenographer Result 2023
- UPTET Notification 2023
- SSC JE Result 2023
- SSC CHSL 2023
- UP PCS 2023
- UGC NET 2023
- RRB NTPC 2023
- IBPS PO 2023
- IBPS Clerk 2023
- IBPS SO 2023
- CBSE Class 10th
- CBSE Class 12th
- UP Board 10th
- UP Board 12th
- Bihar Board 10th
- Bihar Board 12th
- Top Schools in India
- Top Schools in Delhi
- Top Schools in Mumbai
- Top Schools in Chennai
- Top Schools in Hyderabad
- Top Schools in Kolkata
- Government Schools in India
- CBSE Schools in India
Products & Resources
- JEE Main Knockout April
- NCERT Notes
- NCERT Syllabus
- NCERT Books
- RD Sharma Solutions
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2024-25
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 11
- NCERT solutions for Class 10
- NCERT solutions for Class 9
- NCERT solutions for Class 8
- NCERT Solutions for Class 7
- Top University in USA
- Top University in Canada
- Top University in Ireland
- Top Universities in UK
- Top Universities in Australia
- Best MBA Colleges in Abroad
- Business Management Studies Colleges
- Study in USA
- Study in UK
- Study in Canada
- Study in Australia
- Study in Ireland
- Study in Germany
- Study in Singapore
- Study in Europe
- Student Visa Canada
- Student Visa UK
- Student Visa USA
- Student Visa Australia
- Student Visa Germany
- Student Visa New Zealand
- Student Visa Ireland
- CUET PG 2024
- IGNOU Admission 2024
- DU Admission
- UP B.Ed JEE
- DDU Entrance Exam
- IIT JAM 2024
- ICAR AIEEA Exam
- Universities in India 2023
- Top Universities in India 2023
- Top Colleges in India
- Top Universities in Uttar Pradesh 2023
- Top Universities in Bihar 2023
- Top Universities in Madhya Pradesh 2023
- Top Universities in Tamil Nadu 2023
- Central Universities in India
- IGNOU Date Sheet
- CUET Mock Test 2024
- CUET Application Form 2024
- CUET PG Application Form 2024
- CUET Participating Universities 2024
- CUET Previous Year Question Paper
- E-Books and Sample Papers
- CUET Exam Pattern 2024
- CUET Exam Date 2024
- CUET Syllabus 2024
- IIT JAM Application Form 2024
- IGNOU Result 2023
- CUET PG Courses 2024
- Knockout JEE Main 2024
- Test Series JEE Main 2024
- JEE Main 2024 Rank Booster
- Knockout NEET 2024
- Test Series NEET 2024
- Rank Booster NEET 2024
- JEE Main One Month Course
- NEET One Month Course
- IBSAT Free Mock Tests
- IIT JEE Foundation Course
- Knockout BITSAT 2024
- Career Guidance Tool
- IT & Software Certification Courses
- Engineering and Architecture Certification Courses
- Programming And Development Certification Courses
- Business and Management Certification Courses
- Marketing Certification Courses
- Health and Fitness Certification Courses
- Design Certification Courses
- Digital Marketing Certification Courses
- Cyber Security Certification Courses
- Artificial Intelligence Certification Courses
- Business Analytics Certification Courses
- Data Science Certification Courses
- Cloud Computing Certification Courses
- Machine Learning Certification Courses
- View All Certification Courses
- UG Degree Courses
- PG Degree Courses
- Short Term Courses
- Free Courses
- Online Degrees and Diplomas
- Compare Courses
- Coursera Courses
- Udemy Courses
- Edx Courses
- Swayam Courses
- upGrad Courses
- Simplilearn Courses
- Great Learning Courses
Access premium articles, webinars, resources to make the best decisions for career, course, exams, scholarships, study abroad and much more with
Plan, Prepare & Make the Best Career Choices
Essay on Terrorism
India has a lengthy history of terrorism. It is a cowardly act by terrorist organisations that want to sabotage the nation's tranquillity. It seeks to instil fear among the population. They seek to maintain a permanent climate of dread among the populace to prevent the nation from prospering. Here are a few sample essays on Terrorism .
100 Words Essay on Terrorism
Terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political and personal aims. It is a global phenomenon that has affected countries worldwide, causing harm to innocent civilians, damaging economies, and destabilizing governments. The causes of terrorism are complex and can include religious extremism, political oppression, and economic inequality.
Terrorist groups use a variety of tactics, including bombings, kidnappings, and hijackings, to achieve their goals. They often target symbols of government and military power, as well as civilians in crowded public spaces. The impact of terrorism on society is devastating, leading to loss of life, injury, and psychological trauma.
Combating terrorism requires a multifaceted approach, including intelligence gathering, law enforcement, and military action. Additionally, addressing underlying issues such as poverty and political marginalization is crucial in preventing the radicalization of individuals and the emergence of terrorist groups.
200 Words Essay on Terrorism
Terrorism is a complex and ever-evolving threat that affects countries and communities around the world. It involves the use of violence and intimidation to achieve political or ideological goals. The causes of terrorism can vary, but often include religious extremism, political oppression, and economic inequality.
To truly understand the impact of terrorism, it's important to consider not only the physical harm caused by terrorist attacks but also the emotional and psychological toll it takes on individuals and communities. The loss of life and injury caused to innocent civilians is devastating and can leave families and communities reeling for years to come. In addition, terrorism can cause physical damage to infrastructure and buildings, as well as economic disruption, leading to decreased tourism and investment.
To effectively combat terrorism, it's important to take a holistic approach that addresses not only the immediate threat of terrorist attacks but also the underlying issues that can lead to radicalization and the emergence of terrorist groups. This can include addressing poverty and economic inequality, promoting political and religious tolerance, and providing support and resources to individuals and communities at risk of radicalization.
It's also important to remember that the fight against terrorism is not just the responsibility of governments and law enforcement agencies, but also of individuals and communities. By promoting understanding and compassion, and by standing up against hate and extremism, we can all play a role in preventing terrorism and creating a more peaceful world.
500 Words Essay on Terrorism
According to a United Nations Security Council report from November 2004, terrorism is any act that is "intended to result in the death or serious bodily harm of civilians or non-combatants to intimidate the population or to compel the government or an international organisation to do or abstain from doing any act."
The Origins of Terrorism
The development or production of massive numbers of machine guns, atomic bombs, hydrogen bombs, nuclear weapons, missiles, and other weapons fuels terrorism. Rapid population growth, political, social, and economic problems, widespread discontent with the political system, a lack of education, racism, economic inequality, and linguistic discrepancies are all important contributors to the emergence of terrorism. Sometimes one uses terrorism to take a position and stick with it.
The Effects Of Terrorism
People become afraid of terrorism and feel unsafe in their nation. Terrorist attacks result in the destruction of millions of items, the death of thousands of innocent people, and the slaughter of animals. After seeing a terrorist incident, people become less inclined to believe in humanity, which breeds more terrorists.
Different forms of terrorism can be found both domestically and overseas. Today, governments worldwide are working hard to combat terrorism, which is an issue in India and our neighbouring nations. The 9/11 World Trade Centre attack is considered the worst terrorist act ever. Osama bin Laden attacked the tallest building in the world’s most powerful country, causing millions of casualties and the death of thousands of people.
The major incidents of the terrorist attack in India are—
12 March 1993 - A series of 13 bombs go off, killing 257
14 March 2003 - A bomb goes off in a train in Mulund, killing 10
29 October 2005 Delhi bombings
2005 Ram Janmabhoomi attack in Ayodhya
2006 Varanasi bombings
11 July 2006 - A series of seven bombs go off in trains, killing
26 November 2008 to 29 November 2008 - A series of coordinated attacks killed at least 170.
According to this data, India has experienced an upsurge in terrorist activity since 1980. India has fought four wars against terrorism , losing more than 6000 persons in total. Already, we have lost around 70000 citizens. Furthermore, we lost over 9000 security staff. In this country, about 6 lakh individuals have undergone.
Agencies In India Fighting Terrorism
There are numerous organisations working to rid our nation of terrorism. These organizations operate continuously, from the municipal to the national levels. To stop local terrorist activity, police forces have various divisions.
The police departments have a specialized intelligence and anti-terrorism division that is in charge of eliminating Naxalites and other terrorist organizations. The military is in charge of bombing terrorist targets outside of our country. These departments engage in counterinsurgency and other similar operations to dismantle various terrorist organisations.
There are numerous organisations that work to prevent terrorism. Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) , National Investigation Agency (NIA) , and Research and Analysis Wing are a few of the top organizations (RAW) . These are some of the main organizations working to rid India of terrorism.
Explore Career Options (By Industry)
- Information Technology
Bio Medical Engineer
The field of biomedical engineering opens up a universe of expert chances. An Individual in the biomedical engineering career path work in the field of engineering as well as medicine, in order to find out solutions to common problems of the two fields. The biomedical engineering job opportunities are to collaborate with doctors and researchers to develop medical systems, equipment, or devices that can solve clinical problems. Here we will be discussing jobs after biomedical engineering, how to get a job in biomedical engineering, biomedical engineering scope, and salary.
Database professionals use software to store and organise data such as financial information, and customer shipping records. Individuals who opt for a career as data administrators ensure that data is available for users and secured from unauthorised sales. DB administrators may work in various types of industries. It may involve computer systems design, service firms, insurance companies, banks and hospitals.
The role of geotechnical engineer starts with reviewing the projects needed to define the required material properties. The work responsibilities are followed by a site investigation of rock, soil, fault distribution and bedrock properties on and below an area of interest. The investigation is aimed to improve the ground engineering design and determine their engineering properties that include how they will interact with, on or in a proposed construction.
The role of geotechnical engineer in mining includes designing and determining the type of foundations, earthworks, and or pavement subgrades required for the intended man-made structures to be made. Geotechnical engineering jobs are involved in earthen and concrete dam construction projects, working under a range of normal and extreme loading conditions.
How fascinating it is to represent the whole world on just a piece of paper or a sphere. With the help of maps, we are able to represent the real world on a much smaller scale. Individuals who opt for a career as a cartographer are those who make maps. But, cartography is not just limited to maps, it is about a mixture of art , science , and technology. As a cartographer, not only you will create maps but use various geodetic surveys and remote sensing systems to measure, analyse, and create different maps for political, cultural or educational purposes.
GIS officer work on various GIS software to conduct a study and gather spatial and non-spatial information. GIS experts update the GIS data and maintain it. The databases include aerial or satellite imagery, latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates, and manually digitized images of maps. In a career as GIS expert, one is responsible for creating online and mobile maps.
A career as ethical hacker involves various challenges and provides lucrative opportunities in the digital era where every giant business and startup owns its cyberspace on the world wide web. Individuals in the ethical hacker career path try to find the vulnerabilities in the cyber system to get its authority. If he or she succeeds in it then he or she gets its illegal authority. Individuals in the ethical hacker career path then steal information or delete the file that could affect the business, functioning, or services of the organization.
If you are intrigued by the programming world and are interested in developing communications networks then a career as database architect may be a good option for you. Data architect roles and responsibilities include building design models for data communication networks. Wide Area Networks (WANs), local area networks (LANs), and intranets are included in the database networks. It is expected that database architects will have in-depth knowledge of a company's business to develop a network to fulfil the requirements of the organisation. Stay tuned as we look at the larger picture and give you more information on what is db architecture, why you should pursue database architecture, what to expect from such a degree and what your job opportunities will be after graduation. Here, we will be discussing how to become a data architect. Students can visit NIT Trichy , IIT Kharagpur , JMI New Delhi .
The invention of the database has given fresh breath to the people involved in the data analytics career path. Analysis refers to splitting up a whole into its individual components for individual analysis. Data analysis is a method through which raw data are processed and transformed into information that would be beneficial for user strategic thinking.
Data are collected and examined to respond to questions, evaluate hypotheses or contradict theories. It is a tool for analyzing, transforming, modeling, and arranging data with useful knowledge, to assist in decision-making and methods, encompassing various strategies, and is used in different fields of business, research, and social science.
Bank Probationary Officer (PO)
A career as Bank Probationary Officer (PO) is seen as a promising career opportunity and a white-collar career. Each year aspirants take the Bank PO exam . This career provides plenty of career development and opportunities for a successful banking future. If you have more questions about a career as Bank Probationary Officer (PO), what is probationary officer or how to become a Bank Probationary Officer (PO) then you can read the article and clear all your doubts.
A career as a Finance Executive requires one to be responsible for monitoring an organisation's income, investments and expenses to create and evaluate financial reports. His or her role involves performing audits, invoices, and budget preparations. He or she manages accounting activities, bank reconciliations, and payable and receivable accounts.
An Investment Banking career involves the invention and generation of capital for other organizations, governments, and other entities. Individuals who opt for a career as Investment Bankers are the head of a team dedicated to raising capital by issuing bonds. Investment bankers are termed as the experts who have their fingers on the pulse of the current financial and investing climate. Students can pursue various Investment Banker courses, such as Banking and Insurance , and Economics to opt for an Investment Banking career path.
Bank Branch Manager
Bank Branch Managers work in a specific section of banking related to the invention and generation of capital for other organisations, governments, and other entities. Bank Branch Managers work for the organisations and underwrite new debts and equity securities for all type of companies, aid in the sale of securities, as well as help to facilitate mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, and broker trades for both institutions and private investors.
Treasury analyst career path is often regarded as certified treasury specialist in some business situations, is a finance expert who specifically manages a company or organisation's long-term and short-term financial targets. Treasurer synonym could be a financial officer, which is one of the reputed positions in the corporate world. In a large company, the corporate treasury jobs hold power over the financial decision-making of the total investment and development strategy of the organisation.
A Product Manager is a professional responsible for product planning and marketing. He or she manages the product throughout the Product Life Cycle, gathering and prioritising the product. A product manager job description includes defining the product vision and working closely with team members of other departments to deliver winning products.
An underwriter is a person who assesses and evaluates the risk of insurance in his or her field like mortgage, loan, health policy, investment, and so on and so forth. The underwriter career path does involve risks as analysing the risks means finding out if there is a way for the insurance underwriter jobs to recover the money from its clients. If the risk turns out to be too much for the company then in the future it is an underwriter who will be held accountable for it. Therefore, one must carry out his or her job with a lot of attention and diligence.
A career as Transportation Planner requires technical application of science and technology in engineering, particularly the concepts, equipment and technologies involved in the production of products and services. In fields like land use, infrastructure review, ecological standards and street design, he or she considers issues of health, environment and performance. A Transportation Planner assigns resources for implementing and designing programmes. He or she is responsible for assessing needs, preparing plans and forecasts and compliance with regulations.
Individuals in the architecture career are the building designers who plan the whole construction keeping the safety and requirements of the people. Individuals in architect career in India provides professional services for new constructions, alterations, renovations and several other activities. Individuals in architectural careers in India visit site locations to visualize their projects and prepare scaled drawings to submit to a client or employer as a design. Individuals in architecture careers also estimate build costs, materials needed, and the projected time frame to complete a build.
Having a landscape architecture career, you are involved in site analysis, site inventory, land planning, planting design, grading, stormwater management, suitable design, and construction specification. Frederick Law Olmsted, the designer of Central Park in New York introduced the title “landscape architect”. The Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA) proclaims that "Landscape Architects research, plan, design and advise on the stewardship, conservation and sustainability of development of the environment and spaces, both within and beyond the built environment". Therefore, individuals who opt for a career as a landscape architect are those who are educated and experienced in landscape architecture. Students need to pursue various landscape architecture degrees, such as M.Des , M.Plan to become landscape architects. If you have more questions regarding a career as a landscape architect or how to become a landscape architect then you can read the article to get your doubts cleared.
An expert in plumbing is aware of building regulations and safety standards and works to make sure these standards are upheld. Testing pipes for leakage using air pressure and other gauges, and also the ability to construct new pipe systems by cutting, fitting, measuring and threading pipes are some of the other more involved aspects of plumbing. Individuals in the plumber career path are self-employed or work for a small business employing less than ten people, though some might find working for larger entities or the government more desirable.
Individuals who opt for a career as construction managers have a senior-level management role offered in construction firms. Responsibilities in the construction management career path are assigning tasks to workers, inspecting their work, and coordinating with other professionals including architects, subcontractors, and building services engineers.
Carpenters are typically construction workers. They stay involved in performing many types of construction activities. It includes cutting, fitting and assembling wood. Carpenters may help in building constructions, bridges, big ships and boats. Here, in the article, we will discuss carpenter career path, carpenter salary, how to become a carpenter, carpenter job outlook.
An individual who opts for a career as a welder is a professional tradesman who is skilled in creating a fusion between two metal pieces to join it together with the use of a manual or fully automatic welding machine in their welder career path. It is joined by intense heat and gas released between the metal pieces through the welding machine to permanently fix it.
Individuals who opt for a career as an environmental engineer are construction professionals who utilise the skills and knowledge of biology, soil science, chemistry and the concept of engineering to design and develop projects that serve as solutions to various environmental problems.
Orthotist and Prosthetist
Orthotists and Prosthetists are professionals who provide aid to patients with disabilities. They fix them to artificial limbs (prosthetics) and help them to regain stability. There are times when people lose their limbs in an accident. In some other occasions, they are born without a limb or orthopaedic impairment. Orthotists and prosthetists play a crucial role in their lives with fixing them to assistive devices and provide mobility.
A veterinary doctor is a medical professional with a degree in veterinary science. The veterinary science qualification is the minimum requirement to become a veterinary doctor. There are numerous veterinary science courses offered by various institutes. He or she is employed at zoos to ensure they are provided with good health facilities and medical care to improve their life expectancy.
A career in pathology in India is filled with several responsibilities as it is a medical branch and affects human lives. The demand for pathologists has been increasing over the past few years as people are getting more aware of different diseases. Not only that, but an increase in population and lifestyle changes have also contributed to the increase in a pathologist’s demand. The pathology careers provide an extremely huge number of opportunities and if you want to be a part of the medical field you can consider being a pathologist. If you want to know more about a career in pathology in India then continue reading this article.
Gynaecology can be defined as the study of the female body. The job outlook for gynaecology is excellent since there is evergreen demand for one because of their responsibility of dealing with not only women’s health but also fertility and pregnancy issues. Although most women prefer to have a women obstetrician gynaecologist as their doctor, men also explore a career as a gynaecologist and there are ample amounts of male doctors in the field who are gynaecologists and aid women during delivery and childbirth.
People might think that a radiation therapist only spends most of his/her time in a radiation operation unit but that’s not the case. In reality, a radiation therapist’s job is not as easy as it seems. The job of radiation therapist requires him/her to be attentive, hardworking, and dedicated to his/her work hours. A radiation therapist is on his/her feet for a long duration and might be required to lift or turn disabled patients. Because a career as a radiation therapist involves working with radiation and radioactive material, a radiation therapist is required to follow the safety procedures in order to make sure that he/she is not exposed to a potentially harmful amount of radiation.
A recreational worker is a professional who designs and leads activities to provide assistance to people to adopt a healthy lifestyle. He or she instructs physical exercises and games to have fun and improve fitness. A recreational worker may work in summer camps, fitness and recreational sports centres, nature parks, nursing care facilities, and other settings. He or she may lead crafts, sports, music, games, drama and other activities.
An oncologist is a specialised doctor responsible for providing medical care to patients diagnosed with cancer. He or she uses several therapies to control the cancer and its effect on the human body such as chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy and biopsy. An oncologist designs a treatment plan based on a pathology report after diagnosing the type of cancer and where it is spreading inside the body.
When it comes to an operation theatre, there are several tasks that are to be carried out before as well as after the operation or surgery has taken place. Such tasks are not possible without surgical tech and surgical tech tools. A single surgeon cannot do it all alone. It’s like for a footballer he needs his team’s support to score a goal the same goes for a surgeon. It is here, when a surgical technologist comes into the picture. It is the job of a surgical technologist to prepare the operation theatre with all the required equipment before the surgery. Not only that, once an operation is done it is the job of the surgical technologist to clean all the equipment. One has to fulfil the minimum requirements of surgical tech qualifications.
Also Read: Career as Nurse
For an individual who opts for a career as an actor, the primary responsibility is to completely speak to the character he or she is playing and to persuade the crowd that the character is genuine by connecting with them and bringing them into the story. This applies to significant roles and littler parts, as all roles join to make an effective creation. Here in this article, we will discuss how to become an actor in India, actor exams, actor salary in India, and actor jobs.
Individuals who opt for a career as acrobats create and direct original routines for themselves, in addition to developing interpretations of existing routines. The work of circus acrobats can be seen in a variety of performance settings, including circus, reality shows, sports events like the Olympics, movies and commercials. Individuals who opt for a career as acrobats must be prepared to face rejections and intermittent periods of work. The creativity of acrobats may extend to other aspects of the performance. For example, acrobats in the circus may work with gym trainers, celebrities or collaborate with other professionals to enhance such performance elements as costume and or maybe at the teaching end of the career.
Video Game Designer
Career as a video game designer is filled with excitement as well as responsibilities. A video game designer is someone who is involved in the process of creating a game from day one. He or she is responsible for fulfilling duties like designing the character of the game, the several levels involved, plot, art and similar other elements. Individuals who opt for a career as a video game designer may also write the codes for the game using different programming languages. Depending on the video game designer job description and experience they may also have to lead a team and do the early testing of the game in order to suggest changes and find loopholes.
The career as a Talent Agent is filled with responsibilities. A Talent Agent is someone who is involved in the pre-production process of the film. It is a very busy job for a Talent Agent but as and when an individual gains experience and progresses in the career he or she can have people assisting him or her in work. Depending on one’s responsibilities, number of clients and experience he or she may also have to lead a team and work with juniors under him or her in a talent agency. In order to know more about the job of a talent agent continue reading the article.
If you want to know more about talent agent meaning, how to become a Talent Agent, or Talent Agent job description then continue reading this article.
Radio Jockey is an exciting, promising career and a great challenge for music lovers. If you are really interested in a career as radio jockey, then it is very important for an RJ to have an automatic, fun, and friendly personality. If you want to get a job done in this field, a strong command of the language and a good voice are always good things. Apart from this, in order to be a good radio jockey, you will also listen to good radio jockeys so that you can understand their style and later make your own by practicing.
A career as radio jockey has a lot to offer to deserving candidates. If you want to know more about a career as radio jockey, and how to become a radio jockey then continue reading the article.
An individual who is pursuing a career as a producer is responsible for managing the business aspects of production. They are involved in each aspect of production from its inception to deception. Famous movie producers review the script, recommend changes and visualise the story.
They are responsible for overseeing the finance involved in the project and distributing the film for broadcasting on various platforms. A career as a producer is quite fulfilling as well as exhaustive in terms of playing different roles in order for a production to be successful. Famous movie producers are responsible for hiring creative and technical personnel on contract basis.
Fashion bloggers use multiple social media platforms to recommend or share ideas related to fashion. A fashion blogger is a person who writes about fashion, publishes pictures of outfits, jewellery, accessories. Fashion blogger works as a model, journalist, and a stylist in the fashion industry. In current fashion times, these bloggers have crossed into becoming a star in fashion magazines, commercials, or campaigns.
Photography is considered both a science and an art, an artistic means of expression in which the camera replaces the pen. In a career as a photographer, an individual is hired to capture the moments of public and private events, such as press conferences or weddings, or may also work inside a studio, where people go to get their picture clicked. Photography is divided into many streams each generating numerous career opportunities in photography. With the boom in advertising, media, and the fashion industry, photography has emerged as a lucrative and thrilling career option for many Indian youths.
In a career as a copywriter, one has to consult with the client and understand the brief well. A career as a copywriter has a lot to offer to deserving candidates. Several new mediums of advertising are opening therefore making it a lucrative career choice. Students can pursue various copywriter courses such as Journalism , Advertising , Marketing Management . Here, we have discussed how to become a freelance copywriter, copywriter career path, how to become a copywriter in India, and copywriting career outlook.
Careers in journalism are filled with excitement as well as responsibilities. One cannot afford to miss out on the details. As it is the small details that provide insights into a story. Depending on those insights a journalist goes about writing a news article. A journalism career can be stressful at times but if you are someone who is passionate about it then it is the right choice for you. If you want to know more about the media field and journalist career then continue reading this article.
For publishing books, newspapers, magazines and digital material, editorial and commercial strategies are set by publishers. Individuals in publishing career paths make choices about the markets their businesses will reach and the type of content that their audience will be served. Individuals in book publisher careers collaborate with editorial staff, designers, authors, and freelance contributors who develop and manage the creation of content.
In a career as a vlogger, one generally works for himself or herself. However, once an individual has gained viewership there are several brands and companies that approach them for paid collaboration. It is one of those fields where an individual can earn well while following his or her passion. Ever since internet cost got reduced the viewership for these types of content has increased on a large scale. Therefore, the career as vlogger has a lot to offer. If you want to know more about the career as vlogger, how to become a vlogger, so on and so forth then continue reading the article. Students can visit Jamia Millia Islamia , Asian College of Journalism , Indian Institute of Mass Communication to pursue journalism degrees.
Individuals in the editor career path is an unsung hero of the news industry who polishes the language of the news stories provided by stringers, reporters, copywriters and content writers and also news agencies. Individuals who opt for a career as an editor make it more persuasive, concise and clear for readers. In this article, we will discuss the details of the editor's career path such as how to become an editor in India, editor salary in India and editor skills and qualities.
Public Relation Executive
Public relation officer qualifications should enable him or her to handle various activities like developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating communications strategy in order to support the communication objectives and maximize positive exposure in local, national, and international markets. The day-to-day tasks in the career as a public relations officer can vary depending on the industry, active PR campaigns, PR team size, and other factors. However, the job of PR officer often includes, writing press releases to announce company-related news, creating fact sheets and media kits about the company to send to media teams for brand-building and several other activities. In the career a public relations officer, individuals are also responsible for tracking and measuring their PR efforts.
Brand management is a function of marketing that uses techniques to increase the recognised value of a product line or brand over time. Effective brand management enables the price of products to go up and builds loyal customers through positive brand associations and images or a strong awareness of the brand. As the name suggests, the career as a brand manager refers to the management of the brand’s image by creating a lasting impression among consumers and improving product sales and market share.
Advertising managers consult with the financial department to plan a marketing strategy schedule and cost estimates. We often see advertisements that attract us a lot, not every advertisement is just to promote a business but some of them provide a social message as well. There was an advertisement for a washing machine brand that implies a story that even a man can do household activities. And of course, how could we even forget those jingles which we often sing while working?
Production Manager Job Description: A Production Manager is responsible for ensuring smooth running of manufacturing processes in an efficient manner. He or she plans and organises production schedules. The role of Production Manager involves estimation, negotiation on budget and timescales with the clients and managers.
Resource Links for Online MBA
Online MBA Colleges
Online MBA Syllabus
Online MBA Admission
A QA Lead is incharge of the QA Team. The role of QA Lead comes with the responsibility of assessing services and products in order to determine that they meet the quality standards. He or she develops, implements and manages test plans.
A Team Leader is a professional responsible for guiding, monitoring and leading the entire group. He or she is responsible for motivating team members by providing a pleasant work environment to them and inspiring positive communication. A Team Leader contributes to the achievement of the organisation’s goals. He or she improves the confidence, product knowledge and communication skills of the team members and empowers them.
A career as a merchandiser requires one to promote specific products and services of one or different brands, to increase the in-house sales of the store. Merchandising job focuses on enticing the customers to enter the store and hence increasing their chances of buying a product. Although the buyer is the one who selects the lines, it all depends on the merchandiser on how much money a buyer will spend, how many lines will be purchased, and what will be the quantity of those lines. In a career as merchandiser, one is required to closely work with the display staff in order to decide in what way a product would be displayed so that sales can be maximised. In small brands or local retail stores, a merchandiser is responsible for both merchandising and buying.
Quality Systems Manager
A Quality Systems Manager is a professional responsible for developing strategies, processes, policies, standards and systems concerning the company as well as operations of its supply chain. It includes auditing to ensure compliance. It could also be carried out by a third party.
Individuals who opt for a career as a production planner are professionals who are responsible for ensuring goods manufactured by the employing company are cost-effective and meets quality specifications including ensuring the availability of ready to distribute stock in a timely fashion manner.
The procurement Manager is also known as Purchasing Manager . The role of Procurement Manager is to source products and services for a company. Procurement Managers are involved in developing a purchasing strategy, including the company's budget and the supplies and as well as the vendors who can provide goods and services to the company. His or her ultimate goal is to bring the right products or services at the right time with cost-effectiveness.
ITSM Manager is a professional responsible for heading the ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) or (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) processes. He or she ensures that operation management provides appropriate resource levels for problem resolutions. The ITSM Manager oversees the level of prioritisation for the problems, critical incidents, planned as well as proactive tasks.
Information Security Manager
Individuals in the information security manager career path involves in overseeing and controlling all aspects of computer security. The IT security manager job description includes planning and carrying out security measures to protect the business data and information from corruption, theft, unauthorised access, and deliberate attack
Careers in computer programming primarily refer to the systematic act of writing code and moreover include wider computer science areas. The word 'programmer' or 'coder' has entered into practice with the growing number of newly self-taught tech enthusiasts. Computer programming careers involve the use of designs created by software developers and engineers and transforming them into commands that can be implemented by computers. These commands result in regular usage of social media sites, word-processing applications and browsers.
Computer System Analyst
Individuals in the computer systems analyst career path study the hardware and applications that are part of an organization's computer systems, as well as how they are used. They collaborate closely with managers and end-users to identify system specifications and business priorities, as well as to assess the efficiency of computer systems and create techniques to boost IT efficiency. Individuals who opt for a career as a computer system analyst support the implementation, modification, and debugging of new systems after they have been installed.
A Test Manager is a professional responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling test activities. He or she develops test processes and strategies to analyse and determine test methods and tools for test activities. The test manager jobs involve documenting tests that have been carried out, analysing and evaluating software quality to determine further recommended procedures.
An IS Analyst is responsible for monitoring computer networks for security issues. He or she investigates security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents. The role of IS Analyst involves installing security measures and operating software to protect systems and information infrastructure.
A site administrator is a person who provides administrative support to other employees in a team. Career as Site Administrator requires help in implementing office procedures. His or her role involves regularly filing and maintaining documentation. In addition to being able to provide administrative support, a site administrator also has to ensure that the work environment is in compliance with company policies and regulations.
Applications for Admissions are open.
NEET 2024 Most scoring concepts
Just Study 32% of the NEET syllabus and Score upto 100% marks
ETS ® TOEFL ®
Thinking of Studying Abroad? Think the TOEFL® test & make your dreams come true
JEE Main high scoring chapters and topics
As per latest 2024 syllabus. Study 40% syllabus and score upto 100% marks in JEE
NEET previous year papers with solutions
Solve NEET previous years question papers & check your preparedness
JEE Main Important Mathematics Formulas
As per latest 2024 syllabus. Maths formulas, equations, & theorems of class 11 & 12th chapters
JEE Main Important Physics formulas
As per latest 2024 syllabus. Physics formulas, equations, & laws of class 11 & 12th chapters
Everything about Education
Latest updates, Exclusive Content, Webinars and more.
Download Careers360 App's
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile
We Appeared in
513 Terrorism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples
⁉️ how to write a terrorism essay: do’s and don’ts, 🏆 best terrorism topic ideas & essay examples, 🥇 most interesting terrorism topics to write about, ⚡ shocking terrorism essay topics, 📌 simple & easy terrorism essay titles, 👍 good essay topics on terrorism, 💡 interesting topics to write about terrorism, ❓ terrorism essay questions, 💯 free terrorism essay topic generator.
Current-day problems, from global warming to human rights, continue to be a topical subject, urging students to address acute issues.
However, this relatability means that you, as an essay writer, may find yourself faced with conflicting facts and circumstances, which your inherent bias may affect.
Thus, a terrorism essay becomes not merely an academic endeavor, but an attempt to immerse yourself in contemporary issues with a multitude of opinions.
- Research and outline your subject beforehand. This process will not only save your time but also help you structure your thoughts and arguments coherently.
- Use tools, such as topic sentences and brainstorming techniques, in the prewriting phase of your paper. Doing so will help you understand how you would like to develop your central theme.
- Start compiling a bibliography early on. When many different viewpoints exist, creating a structured argument in favor of a particular approach may require a wide array of supporting book and journal titles.
- Give a historical overview of your issue. For example, if you are writing about global terrorism, then it is apparent that a worldwide network of violent radicals did not come into existence overnight. Acknowledge and explain the origins of your assigned issue.
- Read other’s sample essays. This action will help you gain a better understanding of what works and what does not in terrorism essay topics.
- Use terrorism essay quotations. Since this is a contemporary issue, then there are bound to be many people involved in activities to counter terrorism, survivors of attacks, and general onlookers. Utilize their perspectives and memories to give your essay a unique touch.
- Remain respectful throughout your paper. Recognize the gravity of your essay and understand the privilege you have when writing about ideas that you may not have experienced.
- Write your essay with no references. Despite watching TV coverages, listening to critics, and reading tabloids, none of us are experts on war or terrorism. Always cite the sources of your information to uphold the integrity of your work.
- Plagiarize from the work of others. While you may read essays written by your peers or those that are available online, directly copying from them is an academic offense.
- Go off point. If you are writing about the history of Al Qaeda, do not disintegrate your work into a how to stop terrorism essay. However, you may give some points in your conclusion on how the overall situation may be amended.
- Write controversial terrorism essay titles. While your title should be catchy and grab your readers’ attention, you should not resort to cheap tactics to make your headings memorable by shock value. Remember that your audience may perceive this tactic as making light of your subject, thus destroying your hard-earned credibility.
- Try to advocate for a pro-terrorist approach. While it is a sound idea to subvert some essay topics, this is not the case in such papers and your work should always be against terrorism.
- Integrate examples from unreliable sources. While readers are often less informed than the essay’s writer is, the opposite may also occur. Therefore, always check the facts, which you include in your work, to avoid embarrassment.
- Draw out your essay to stress the seriousness of the subject. Use your instructor’s specified word count as a measure for how much you should write. Your readers will not appreciate a long-winded paper, as they are hoping instead to get a quick and concise introduction to an important problem.
Want to get more inspiration on terrorism essay topics? Head over to IvyPanda!
- Terrorists and the Left and Right: Definitions & Examples It is also necessary to distinguish two types of terrorism: from the left and from the right. However, the number of deaths caused by both terroristic attacks from the left and from the right is […]
- Homeland Security: Collecting Information about Terrorism These people are very reliable because they are on the ground where terror activities take place and they are most likely to be aware of the schedule of terror gangs.
- The Concept of Terrorism For instance, assassination refers to the political murder of a renowned public figure such as the head of state. The Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades, a Palestinian Militant group is reported to have launched a massive […]
- September 11: Terror Attack and Huge Casualties As the police and the emergency staff trying to help those at the World Trade Center, the South tower, collapsed and tumbled down killing hundreds of the police and emergency personnel.
- Terror and Terrorism The point is that the meaning of terror is not the same of terrorism, so, it is necessary to find out the difference that lies between terror and terrorism, analyze the reasons of terrorism, and […]
- Intelligence Reform and Terrorist Prevention Act The intelligence community has over time been revealed to lag and lose impetus when managing intelligence which led to the introduction of the recommendations of the 9/11 commission of 2002 as well as the Intelligence […]
- Consequence Management After the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks On November 25, 2002, the United States Department of Homeland Security was formed with the aim of guarding the territory of the United States from terrorist attacks and take appropriate action in case there is […]
- Counter-Terrorism Plans Development The United States has been of late a target of terrorists and thus measures have been taken and will continue being taken in order to find ways of controlling terrorism completely.
- The Problems of Terrorism in Modern World This knowledge will be vital in adjusting accordingly to terrorism threats, and taking decisions that reduce the risk of attacks from terrorists.
- Analyzing the Concept of Terrorism It is worth noting that a clear definition of terrorism is mostly subjective and is rarely objective due to the fact that it is an act of political violence.
- The Terrorist Attacks in the United States The new act would see the reorganization of the Department of Defense to protect the US from any terrorist attacks while at the same time reducing the vulnerability of the country to these attacks The […]
- The War on Terrorism The paper mainly reflects on some of the pros and cons of war on terrorism and its effect on humanity and human rights.
- Is Terrorism Ever Justified? They abuse their individual has the right to express himself and to pursue areas of interest without the need to consult the government as long as all activities are within the bounds of the law.
- The Fight Against Terrorism by Christian and Islam Leaders It is remarkable that during the summit in Cologne, Pope urged the Muslim leaders to intensify the war shunning terrorism. Confirmation from the Turkish Islam Union, that studying religion and customs is critical in the […]
- The Al-Qaida Terrorist Group’s Recent Happenings In the recent past, the activities of Al-Qaida terrorist group have commonly been highlighted regularly causing its activities to be in the list of focus among various the mass media especially in the TV and […]
- Stereotyping Comparison: All Italians Are in a Mob, All Jamaicans Smoke Weed, All Muslims Are Terrorists The premise of the argument on this stereotyping that Muslims are terrorists is that people accept this claim without challenging it.
- Terrorism: The War on Iraq The war against Iraq by the US has come under a lot of criticism because of the effects it has subjected to the Iraqis and US citizens.
- Agro-Terrorism: The Lessons to Learn Monke argues that, agriculture is more susceptible to acts of terrorism because terrorists prefer using plants and animals as they have diverse pathogens as compared to human beings, it is hard to protect expansive farms, […]
- Presidential Powers and the War on Terror The September11, 2001 attacks on the United States put the powers of the president on a spot-check and led to a generalized debate on what the president could and could not do even in the […]
- Why Terrorism is a Contested Concept The views of the entire concept of terrorism are equally contested with one wing viewing terrorism as an act of cowardice while the other arm views terrorism as an act of coercion directed to the […]
- Moral Convictions of Terrorists Acts of violence, oppression, and betrayal that was done to people in the past can trigger acts of violence. In such a case, the state is perceived as the enemy of the people.
- Bush Doctrine, Explanation of the Administration and War on Terror This was so after the events of 9/11, which President Bush translated as threat to the security of America and stability of the world.
- Eco-Defense and Kinds of Ecological Terrorism Two basic practices of tree spiking exist; spiking the tree at the bottom of the tree trunk, and spiking the tree way above the trunk, as high as one can reach.
- Domestic Terrorism in the Post 9/11 Era However, according to the FBI news, no act of terrorism can be compared to the terrorism attacks of 9/11, which cost thousands of lives and a negative impact on the United States economy.
- Preparing for Incidents of Terrorism at the Local Level The 9/11 bombings and the bombings conducted on the pentagon and the World Trade Centre have left even the most powerful nation; the United States of America, in much fear and with much consideration of […]
- Benefits of Preparing for Emergencies and Terrorism Preparations will ensure that the relevant authorities are able to provide effective care in an emergency and therefore reduce the negative impacts of a disaster.
- Civil Liberties, Habeas Corpus and the War on Terror In the light of the war against terrorism, the question tests the morality of the institutionalization of this act by the regime of Bush.
- Habeas Corpus and the War on Terror The protection of the American citizens against the State’s detention is the vital role of the writ of the habeas corpus.
- “What is the Definition of Terrorism? And why is the White House Afraid of Using the Term?” by Timothy Kelly Hence, the purpose of Kelly’s document is to show how Obama’s government refrains from using the term “terrorism” and possible reasons that promote this behaviour. Similar to the views of Kelly, it is clear that […]
- Impact of terrorism on Italian economy After the death of the then Prime Minister, the government engaged in a war to capture the leaders and silence the organization.
- Cause and effect of terrorism There are several effects of terrorism that are destructive in the nature. The effects are destruction of properties, loss of lives and decline in the economy of a country.
- Terrorism in Political Protest In many instances, the aims of terrorists are similar to those of political groups whose views have to be dominant over those of their opponents.
- Terrorism, Its Groups and Categories Most of the terrorist attacks happening nowadays are even being supported by the military forces of the countries involved which make the attacks even more coercive since the military that should protect the people is […]
- America’s War on Terrorism The resilient and unending war against the terrorists has made the US citizens to have free movement without fear of recurrent attacks.
- Terrorism: Can terrorism ever be justified? However, it needs to be pointed out that the general action of terrorism is morally wrong, especially when considered to be a war.
- Terrorism: The United States’ Involvement The attacks on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center in 2001 that resulted in the deaths of dozens of Americans and destruction of property worth millions of dollars courtesy of the Al Qaeda revealed […]
- Terrorist Groups in Turkey A terror group’s mission forms the basis of its goals and objectives, which over the years become predictable due to their repeated nature.
- The Media and Terrorism From this perspective, it is important to control the usage of the media by terroristic organizations and to provide the required policies.
- The US Anti-terrorism Efforts are Failing The ease with which terrorists managed to sneak through all the security surveillance during the event and planted bombs on the finish line and among crowds successfully highlights the sorry state of anti-terror efforts in […]
- The Kurdish Conflict in the Middle East This word has so many definitions but according to the government of the United States, it refers to threats of the people, manipulation of the state policy by force or fear, or trying to alter […]
- The Psychological Explanation of Terrorism Therefore, most psychologists argue that in the quest to underpin the possible causes of terrorist activities, there is the need to discriminate between the motivations for joining, being retained, and disserting terrorist factions.
- International Terrorism: the Operations of the Hezbollah This paper looks into the operations of the Hezbollah and investigates the involvement of Iran in the operations of Hezbollah while at the same time evaluating the threat that Hezbollah poses to Israel and the […]
- The Definition of Terrorism The definition from the VP’s task force and individual scholars concurs with that of the FBI, further explaining that terrorism targets to change the victim’s behavior.
- Torture During the Algerian War and Its Relevance on the War on Terror The French experience during the Algerian war proves that the use of torture, though regrettable, is important to defeat successfully terrorist organizations around the world.
- Terrorist Acts Prevention and Aftermaths Minimization The Department of Defense states that terrorism is “the calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of […]
- “Arabic Islamic Culture” and Terrorism: Inherent Concepts or Not? I cannot agree to the idea that Arab Islamic culture and terrorists are really connected to each other; it is falsely to think that any representative of Arab Islamic culture has to be a terrorist […]
- Religious and Secular Terrorism: Analyzing Differences and Points of Intersection As a whole, it is possible to state that the essence of violence and aggression is different in cases of religious and secular terrorism.
- Leila Khaled: Freedom Fighter or Terrorist? This essay elaborates her intentions with the support of academic sources and her movie in order to demonstrate her cause of action as a freedom fighter for her country and not a terrorist as perceived.
- What New Demands on Policing Have Resulted From the International ‘War on Terror’? The control dominated system In this system of policing, the main role of the police is maintaining order in a situation where the populace does not identify the state as well as its mediators namely […]
- Law Enforcement and Terrorism This is whereby the leaders of the federal as well as the local enforcement agencies cooperate to reinforce the existing partnerships.
- Foreign Policy: United States and Fight with Terrorism Though some individuals in the US government are promising the diplomatic relations between the two countries will not be affected, the truth is that the US perception towards the nation and its ability to fight […]
- The Spectacle of Terror This does not mean to say that the media is always wrong, in fact, most of the time it serves a reliable source of information for the general public on matters that the people did […]
- Handling of Bio-terrorist Threats The army should be steadfast in mobilizing information from the public on key security issues which will help in countering bio-terrorism Communication between the citizens and army causes not just common individuals be conscious of […]
- Concept of Terrorism Phenomenon in Modern World It is important to note that the number of people’s death in terroristic attacks is decreasing. However, to estimate the negative effects of this phenomenon it is important to define what terrorism is.
- Civil Liberties, Habeas Corpus and War on Terror The congress and the president have the capacity to lift the right to habeas corpus. The challenge that the government encounters is the prosecution of the alleged combatants in civilian court.
- Post September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks Despite the fact that there were several Muslims in America who were victims of the attacks, Muslims in America are still being discriminated as a result of that incidence.
- How Readily Terrorists Can Acquire Nuclear Weapons A nuclear weapon can lead to widespread destruction in the heart of a city, causing the demise of hundreds of thousands of innocent individuals and making others to suffer from radiation sickness and cancer in […]
- The U.S. Government Strategies Against the Terrorist Threats Currently, because of the prevalence of terrorist acts that has made the condition of this world to be unsteady, more leaders of the world are increasingly paying more attention to countering terrorism.
- Jemaah Islamiyah Terrorist Group This paper is an in-depth analysis of the Jemaah Islamiyah terrorist group by looking at its establishment and the threats it poses to the United States of America.
- Orientalist Constructions of Muslim Bodies and the Rhetoric of the «War on Terror» In addition, the paper will analyze the contribution and impact of the Muslim religion on the war on terror and the effect this will have on the whole world.
- U.S. War in Afghanistan: Pro and Contra Although the US war in Afghanistan has lasted a decade already and is still continues as we speak, the United States of America together with its allies should still persist because the Afghan government needs […]
- Terrorism Before and After the September 11 Attacks In light of the change in our perception of terrorisms as a result of the events of September 11 and the raising impact of religious fanatics who are quoted many a times declaring death and […]
- NYPD Counterterrorism Program To reinforce these claims, this paper has engaged in a detailed discussion as to the strengths of the NYPD program and how it can be used together with the federal departments to form a powerful […]
- Hypothetical Scenario of a Terrorist Attack An assassination attempt on the life of the US president can also be the terrorist group’s message to the rest of the world that they can kill anyone they wish to, in live television. This […]
- How the U.S. Can Combat the Terrorist Threat in Africa? Some of the issues the article looks at are: increasing kidnapping cases for ransoms that fund terrorism; the AQIM and Al Qaeda relationship; emergence of Al Shabab in the horn of Africa, the transitional federation […]
- Terrorism as a Communication Strategy When there is a terrorist action, the final decision to air the goings-on is in the hands of a media house.
- Terrorist Cells and Groups Within the Northern Region of Africa Some of the issues the article looks at are: increasing kidnapping cases for ransoms that fund terrorism; the AQIM and Al Qaeda relationship; emergence of Al Shabab in the horn of Africa, the transitional federation […]
- Industrial Terrorism in Modern World It is against this background that “a worst vase release” was determined by the Environmental Protection Agency in 1996 and established the fact that over 100 of the identified chemical facilities had the potential of […]
- Terrorism: Searching for a Definition The United States generally defines terrorism as “…the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce in furtherance of political or social objectives”. In addition, the definitions fail to […]
- The Real Cause of Terrorism in Palestine According to Hamas one of the major Palestinian militant groups operating in the area Israel is a threat to their way of life and making them economically weak so that their survival depended on the […]
- United States War on Terror Policy In line with this, one of the merits that is common in the policies that have been adopted so far is the centralized legal authority that has endeavored to make the new rules and regulations […]
- Terrorism, poverty and financial instability Terrorist activities are perpetrated to compel the affected parties to comply with the demands of the terrorists. Some of the conflicts in the developing countries caused by the instability and poverty in the third world […]
- Eliminating Terrorism at the Domestic Level Background The war on terrorism has been integrated in the US national security policy following the numerous attacks that have been experienced in the US over the past decades.
- The Effect of Terrorism on Human Rights: The Clash between the human rights advocates and victims of terrorism Human Rights organizations have the responsibility to ensure that the governments and other counter terrorism officials respect the human rights and the law in their fight against terrorism.
- Cyber Security Threat Posed by a Terrorist Group These among other features of the internet have been identified to form the basis of the cyber terrorism attacks. A comprehensive international collaboration among investigators and prosecution teams in cases of cyber attacks have also […]
- Terrorists’ Usage of Chemical or Biological Agents Similar to the rest of the world, terror organizations have access to the enormous amount of technical information readily available in the World Wide Web, and this has increased their capability of developing weapons of […]
- Weapons of Mass Destruction: The Terrorist Threat The types of this agent that terrorists can use include 3-quinuclidinylbenzilate, Phencyclidine, and LSD In order to achieve the intended goal of use of chemical weapons, terrorists must ensure that they are effectively delivered or […]
- ‘The Effect of Enforcement on Merchant Compliance with the Minimum Legal Drinking Age Law’ by Richard Scribner and ‘Button Down Terror-A Metamorphosis of Hate Movement’ by Barbra Perry In the process, several hate groups have been formed in the United States that aim at regaining the white supremacy that the country had before the civil movement of the 1960s and ensure that the […]
- Anti Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism The accomplishment of the specified goal will require the cooperation between the state government and the representatives of the UAE organizations, as well as the coordination of the latter’s actions with the ones of the […]
- Salafist Takfiri Terrorism The absence of an international law defining the possible responses to this kind of aggression allowed the federal government to interpret the act of terrorism as war.
- International Terrorism: The Challenge to Global Security International terrorism has contributed to the unpopularity of the US in many countries all over the world and the subsequent inclination of terrorists to attack US targets.
- Impacts of the ‘War on Terror’ on Human Rights To the rest of the population, Jihad evokes conflict and war and it is the defining factor for making Islam to have the least reception in the minds of such opponents.
- United States Domestic Terrorism It is impossible to trace the genesis of United States terrorist extremism to a specific exact date, though one can narrow it to the period when the country was fighting for its freedom from the […]
- Hezbollah: A Terrorist Organisation? The Muslim world is interestingly torn right in the middle regarding the activities of Hezbollah, with prominent Muslim nations such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan coming out strongly to condemn the group while other […]
- Local, State, and Federal Partnerships: Terrorism On the whole, these documents are critical for the effective work of governmental and non-governmental organizations at the time of emergency.
- Terrorism in Israel and Palestine Origin of the Conflict in the Land of Israel Role of the British Government The defeat of the Ottoman Empire in the First World War led to the establishment of British rule in Palestine.
- Terrorism in international relations A lot of efforts have been diverted at exploring terrorism as a result of the rate of insecurity in the international system that comes from terrorism and the fear of terrorism.
- Economic Concerns in the Aftermath of Terrorism Terrorism is one of the major challenges threatening the existence of societies in different parts of the world. Sandler and Enders assert that exports are affected adversely by terrorism due to increment in the cost […]
- “Monsters, Inc.” and the War on Terror The problem of fear in the American society can be discussed as the multidimensional concept which is directly associated with the developed idea of the War on Terror because fear is the main force to […]
- History of Cyber Terrorism Terrorism on the cyberspace is one of the biggest challenges that came with the invention of the internet. The nature of the environment used in internet communication and socialization makes it hard for people to […]
- American Exceptionalism in Constructing and Conceptualizing a Terrorist The term ‘American Exceptionalism’ refers to a belief that the United States of America occupies a special position in the human history and on the global stage due to a number of characteristics unique to […]
- US Exceptionalism in Constructing and Conceptualizing a Terrorist America’s perception on the personality of a terrorist and terrorism The question on who a terrorist is and who a terrorist is not remains an important topic of debate in the modern world.
- Terrorism and Jihadist Movement According to Kepel “the terrorism that has occurred from union of Islamic radicalism and violent jihad has led to powerful debate over whether the West and the Islamic world are engaged in a fight between […]
- Does Poverty Lead to Terrorism? While there are conflicting arguments regarding the factors that influence terrorism, scholars agree on the need to evaluate evidence on the causes of terrorism and develop concrete strategies and approaches to tackle a vice that […]
- Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons to Rogue States and International Terrorists The success of deterrence to curb any act of terrorism rests on the ability of a nation to deploy the power to hurt or harm other nations as a motivating factor for the target nation […]
- Lessons From the Mumbai Terrorist Attacks The counterterrorism forces that were working in Mumbai occurred to be not able to prevent the attack as they did not find the source of threat and stop it in advance.
- Torture as a Counter-terrorism Tool in 21st Century For a long time, it was a consensus that in the quest to safeguard the rights of its humans, the actions of governments, and in this case the security apparatus, must not violate the same […]
- Terrorism, Counter-Terrorism, and Intelligence The difference between ‘Covert Action’ and ‘Clandestine Operations’ Each of these actions entails a planned, coordinated, and well-executed operation that seeks to conceal the identity of the sponsors or nature of the operation. Intelligence’s seeks […]
- Financial Markets After Terrorist Assault and The Enron Financial Outrage This paper highlights the purpose of capital market and the difference between capital money securities and money market securities in terms of characteristics.
- Human and Technical Intelligence in Countering Terrorism The application of technical intelligence for the public good has to prioritise on several factors including human welfare in assisting the authorities in detecting and combating terrorism.
- Al-Qaeda as a Terrorist Organization Al Qaeda is considered to be one of the largest international terrorism groups in the world. However, the administrative and operational structure of the Al Qaeda group still remains a mystery to many.
- Counter-Terrorism and the Patriot Act The drafting and implementation of the Patriot Act has been one of the most successful strategies in combating terrorism due to the underlying reasons that the United States is now more aware and prepared to […]
- Understanding the Failure of the Global War on Terrorism and Suggestions for Future Strategies The influence of this group led to the increased use of detention facilities inside and outside the US and the passage of laws such as The Patriot Act that took place to facilitate the hunt […]
- Defense Imperatives: “Thwarting Terrorism & Bringing Terrorists to Justice” The events of 9/11 abruptly shattered the expectations of invulnerability previously held by the U.S.and boldly underlined the fact that terrorism is deeply entrenched in the society, thus the need to come up with various […]
- Terrorism Handling in Our Life Terrorism can be defeated if many people in the society can trust the authorities in their work. In this regard, terrorists find support from sympathizers, who might not want to be part of the terrorists, […]
- Rumsfeld’s Memo & the War on Global Terrorism To win the war on global terrorism, the secretary also expressed the need for DOD to design new techniques to organize, train, and equip military personnel, the need to develop metrics to show if the […]
- Terrorism as a Serious Threat Given this definition of terrorism, it is important to investigate the perception of this threat. This is one of the processes responsible for exaggerating the terrorism issue.
- The Primary Causes of Terrorist Political Violence In a clash between the religious beliefs and those of the state or a foreign power, the religious beliefs are likely to triumph and garner the support of the majority.
- Terrorism and the Global Economies Terrorism has affected the global economies because the emergence of globalization created the unity of different countries. In reference to the data from the 2005MIPT Terrorism Knowledge Database, which has more than 20,000 incidents of […]
- War on Terrorism: How to Cope with the Global Threat? In spite of the fact the war on terrorism is the priority of not only the US administration but also of the global community, the approaches to win the war should be chosen according to […]
- The Impacts of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 on the National Intelligence Community 3 The IRTPA stipulates the duties of the director of national intelligence and also describe the code of conduct for the director.
- The Advanced Community Planning in Response to the Potential Threat of Terrorism Advanced community planning requires the inclusion of the community in question as a party to the problem and possibly the solutions.
- What is the Best Way for Fighting Terrorism According to Mortenson? As the global security continues to worsen because of terrorists’ threat to the world, there has been a plethora of methods to counter the looming perpetration of grievous terrorism.
- Jonathan Moreno: Bioethics After the Terror Based on the above facts, Jonathan Moreno in the article Bioethics after the Terror analyses the possible implications of bioethics that could result in tension in the field that has never witnessed major changes in […]
- Bio-Terrorism Preparedness and Response In this regard, the use of biological elements cannot be effective in combating the enemies of any given state. During the First World War the use of biological weapons was adversely preferred because almost every […]
- Terrorism: Post-9/11 Maritime Security Initiatives in the USA The degree of fatality and devastation prompted the industry players and the state to look for new strategies of moderating the inherent risks in the whole maritime transport system.
- Terrorism: the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant The article claims that the British parliament unanimously voted to launch air strikes in Iraq in an attempt to paralyze some of the work of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant in Iraq.
- Different Methods Against Terrorism: Israel and Palestine The main allies of the Palestinians are mainly the Arab league countries, which include Iran, Syria, Jordan and other Middle East Arab countries; while the main ally of the Israeli is the United States of […]
- Bioterrorism: Biological Agents as Weapons Therefore, the mode of transmission, the rate of transmission, the frequency with which the outbreak is witnessed as well as the geographical location of the areas of outbreak are some factors that the health researchers […]
- Use of Torture Against Terror Suspects Levin states that the public too, would agree to the use of torture against terror suspects, especially if the victim is a child. It is evident that the use of torture against terror suspects can […]
- Terrorism: Aspects, Approaches and Implications The target of the malicious acts must ambush unexpectedly and the attack has nothing to do with the intentions of a whole state.
- International Counter Terrorism’ Elements A Memorandum from the director of the Central Intelligence Agency provide a more detailed account of the location where hostages are being held, the number of kidnappers, kidnappers’ armory and Jamaican government approval for U.
- Homeland Security: Basque ETA Terrorist Organization The merging of Ekin and EGI in the early 1950s marked the initial stages for the establishment of ETA. Another goal of ETA is to inculcate a strong spirit of nationalism among the Basque people.
- Hospitals Security Upgrade: Terrorist or Criminal Actions Therefore, to upgrade security, each of them will need to be upgraded and synchronized to work in harmony with the others.
- Osama Bin Laden’s Role in Terror He is said to have been a shy child, admired the father, and would later be the inheritor of the family wealth.
- Halal Food and Terrorist Organizations in Australia First of all, it can help us to obtain new and reliable information connected with the issue, as using the Internet it is possible to find the newest articles on the topic of halal food […]
- Ethnic, Racial and Religious Profiling in Terrorism The practical evaluation of such US attacks as 9/11 and Pearl Harbor reveals that public opinion about the legality of ethnic profiling is a controversial issue.
- Current Hurdles in Combating Terrorism It is also important to note that a larger group of the terrorists in the world today is from the Middle East and Islam related nations.
- Terrorist Organizations: Al-Qaeda and ETA In contrast to the Al-Qaida group, ETA is a smaller organization with regard to the scope of activities and location of operations.
- Fighting Terrorism: “Iraqi Freedom” and “Enduring Freedom” One is bound to be encouraged by the fact that the general and both his immediate and distant families had dedicated their services to the military of the USA and had achieved great heights in […]
- The Westgate Terror Attack in Kenya The attack was the most chilling in the region since the 1998 attack on the American embassies in the region. In creating a room for the reader to understand the intensity of the attack, the […]
- Violence and Terror Definition Comparison This explains why the present world is filled with “powerless” individuals and states: ‘violence is the only thing left for them.’ In Culture of Terror-Space of Death essay, Taussig writes about the different acts of […]
- First Responders to Terrorist Attack However, the first people on the site of an incident are the witnesses and the victims of the attack. The article does not provide an in-depth background of the topic, and no attempt is made […]
- Terrorism and Its Organisations: Al Qaeda and ISIL The work centres around the idea of the earliness of proclamation of the US victory in the war with the world terrorism.
- Countering Terrorism: the US Intelligence Community The roles played by the IC in countering terrorism threats include espionage, collection and analysis of foreign intelligence, gathering of civilian intelligence, and planning of military operations.
- Conventions on Terrorism in the 21st Century Actions that endanger the safety of persons or properties on board an aircraft are considered an act of terror according to this treaty.
- Contemporary Terrorism: the American Army Special Forces This unit is among the 8 units of the Navy SEALs and it is also known as the ‘rainbow’. The unit is normally under the Joint Special Operations Command and under the command of the […]
- Terrorism in the Middle East The aim of this study is to provide an in-depth analysis of terrorism in the Middle East. The study on terrorism will also help in understanding the effects of this crime on countries in the […]
- Coping with Terrorism in the USA In addition, uniting the citizens to support the fight against terrorism is likely to improve the effectiveness of the efforts made by the government to improve security.
- Human Trafficking as a Terrorist Activity The biggest problem that is worth mentioning is that it is believed that the number of such activities is growing at an incredibly fast rate, and it is important to take necessary measures to limit […]
- Terrorist and Government Propaganda in Media The aim of terrorists, especially those concerned with religious extremism, is to attract the attention of the state and other members of the public.
- China in 1950-53: “Paternalist Terror” by J. Strauss It is quite obvious that these events attract a great deal of attention of various scientists and researchers who want to understand the main peculiarities of the given processed and analyze them for people to […]
- Paternalist Terror in China in 1950-1953 But the multiple cases of the Chinese civilian citizens’ rights violations demonstrate that the realization of the Campaign to Suppress Counterrevolutionaries and a few other campaigns by the Chinese Communist Party led to the expansion […]
- Propaganda: Terrorist, Government, State, Non-State Extremists pass their terrorist propaganda to the youth through the power of the media and the internet. Ideally, propaganda that is produced by the state aims at influencing the opinions and attitudes of its people […]
- Homeland Security Changes: Adjusting to Terrorism It is along this train of thought that when it comes to administrative changes for the Department of Homeland Security, it is advisable that greater transparency in their operations is needed in the form of […]
- Stereotyping Terrorists and Mental Sanity The difference between a suicide bomber and an insane serial killer is the fact that the first one is motivated by a set of very strong beliefs, while the other one is killing for the […]
- Modern Terrorism and Globalization After the events of 9/11, when the United States actively joined the war on terrorism the off state groups received a great opportunity to learn and improve, besides, as it is seen in the video […]
- Digital Media Usage to Recruit and Promote Terrorism The purpose of this paper is to provide an elaborate report on the use of digital media to recruit and promote the global issue of terrorism that seems to reinvent itself even in the face […]
- How Does Modern Terrorism Operate? Leaderless movements such as Earth Liberation Front and the Army of God have individual moral views as the main source of their ideology and root causes.
- Terrorism and Torture: History and Arguments Of course, it would be wrong to deny the existence of prisons in the Middle Ages; however, the purpose of these prisons was a tad different from the prisons of the XXI century: “During the […]
- East African Community Counter-Terrorism Vision In the context of the East African Community Counter-terrorism Unit, the leaders should come up with ideas that can help the region crush all the terrorist groups in the region.
- What Are the Global Impact of Terrorism in Business Domain? The growth of global economic system has widened the scope of opportunities for ISIS to converge, collaborate and emerge. This incident has prompted the United Nation Security Council to ban all trade in artifacts from […]
- Cyber Security’s and Counter Terrorism’ Intersection Realization of national interests is the concern of many states in the current international and security is the main challenge that each government is trying to cope up with given the fact terrorists are ever […]
- Terrorism: the Evolution of ISIS ISIS has declared the northern Syria region of Aleppo extending to the Diyala region in eastern Iraqas the region of caliphate.
- Female Terrorism: Causes and Features The practice of terrorism has been associated with masculinity with the sexual roles being offered to females, which has greatly reinforced the subordination, quelling, weakness, and degradation of women.
- Terrorism: Power of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Power As estimated by the UN report on the operations of ISIS in the Middle East, the group runs on a budget of more than three million dollars annually.
- US Intelligence to Prevent Terrorist Attacks Prevention of terroristic attacks is essential, and the focus on home-grown terrorism is essential as the increase of extremism in American society can have a detrimental impact on the development of the nation.
- War on Terror in Central Asia and the Caucasus Thus, the objective of this paper is to review the major arguments related to the different perspectives of estimating the political situation in Central Asia and the Caucasus in relation to the War on Terror.
- Terrorist Groups: Critical Discourse Analysis While the CDA analysis aids in the understanding of the relationship existing between discourses and ideologies, it is equally necessary to go beyond the narratives of syntax and lexical solutions to the ISIS menace.
- Saudi Arabian Lone Wolf Terrorism in 2011-2016 Unlike in the past where terrorist acted as a group to achieve specific demands, most acts of terror conducted in contemporary times are instituted by a single individual, the ‘lone wolf’, who could be your […]
- War on Terror in Saudi Arabia and Arab Gulf States
- Islamic State Global Terror Threat Countermeasures
- Terrorism and US Activities in the Middle East
- Egyptian Tourism Industry and Terrorism Effects
- War on Terror: Critical Terrorism Studies’ Views
- Terrorism or Hate Crime: Similarities and Differences
- Distressed Terrorism: Politics, Religion and Ideology
- Terror Attacks and Intelligence Community in the US
- Al-Qaeda Emergence, Ideology, and New Terrorism
- Violent Extremism and Suicide Terrorist Attacks
- Terrorism Definitions and Controversies
- Psychological Profiling in Terrorism Prevention
- Terrorism Prevention on the International Level
- Terror in “The Dumb Waiter” Play by Harold Pinter
- Intelligence, Civil Law, and Terrorism Investigations
- Bioterrorism Attacks and Nursing Countermeasures
- Aum Shinrikyo Terrorist Group’s Activity
- Terrorism Preventive Measures in the United States
- Terrorism, Hate Crimes and Racial Profiling
- Preventing Terrorism: Strategies and Challenges
- Local Operational Planning for Potential Terrorist Threats
- Death Penalty for Murder by Terrorism
- American War on Terror and Operational Strategies
- Islamic and Christian Religion and Terrorism
- Ideology and Terrorism: Rights from Wrongs?
- “To Any Would-Be Terrorists” by Naomi Shihab Nye
- Immigration Services Against Crime and Terrorism
- Vietnam War vs. War on Terror in the Middle East
- Internet Crimes and Digital Terrorism Prevention
- Terrorism, Human Trafficking, and International Response
- State-Sponsored and Non-State Terrorism
- Domestic Terrorism in the United States of America
- Factors That Motivate to Terrorism
- The Rise of Terrorist Organisations in Post-Invasion Iraq
- Domestic Terrorism and Homegrown Extremism in America
- Cultural Miscommunication and Hostility against Muslims
- Cyberterrorism as the Greatest Risk for the US
- The UAE Against Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing
- Terrorist Participation and Its Motives
- Hazard Vulnerability Analysis and Terrorism
- War on Drugs and Terror and American Promise
- Poverty as a Factor of Terrorist Recruitment
- Terrorist Attack: Contemporary Social or Cultural Issues
- Terrorism Impact on Tourism Industry After 2015
- Can Terrorism Only Be Defeated by Military Means?
- Islamic Terrorism in Ridley Scott’s “Body of Lies”
- Terrorism Definitions by the Global Community
- War on Terror and Its Victory Meaning
- Organized Terrorism Against Government Leaders
- “Faces of State Terrorism” by Laura Westra
- Terrorism, Social Activism and Political Violence
- The Hezbollah Terrorist Organization
- Terrorist Organization Hezbollah: Tactics and Strategies
- Counter Terrorism and Public Awareness Plan
- Terror in the Mind of God by Mark Juergensmeyer
- Terrorism as Spectacle: Extremist Propaganda
- Terrorism Studies and Framing Concept
- Female Gender Role in “The Terrorist” Film
- “Terror and Democracy at the Age of Stalin” by Goldman
- Workers During “The Great Terror” by R. Conquest
- The Great Terror in the Factories, 1935–1938
- Terrorist Organization: Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA)
- Suicide Terrorism and Its Psychological Factors
- The Functioning of Terrorist Groups
- International Law: Extradition of Terrorists
- Terrorism and Security Dilemma After 9/11
- Terrorism and National Security
- Comprehensive Terrorist-Related Screening Procedures
- Fraud, Money Laundering, and Terrorism Financing
- How Counselors Assist Survivors of Terrorism
- A Terrorist Attack on Atlanta, Georgia
- Terrorist Ideologies: Selecting a Target
- Anti-Terrorist New York City Police Department Shield
- The United States and Terrorism
- Cyberterrorism as a Global Concern
- Crimean Crisis and Russian State Terrorism
- Terrorism: Countering and Responding to the Treat
- Terrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Bioterrorism and Health Care Delivery
- The War on Terror Cannot be Won
- “Terrorism and Economic Security” by Robert L. Hutchings
- Trends in Global Terrorism. Conflict Resolution and Iraq
- Terrorism: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
- American Governmnet Against the Threat of Terrorism
- Global Terrorism and State Security Measures
- United States & EU Efforts to Fight Terrorism
- The War on Terrorism in the United States
- Counter Terrorism measures in the UK
- Terrorism and the Affects on American way of Living
- Early Response to Weapons of Mass Destruction Terrorism
- War on Terror. 42-Day Detention: An Equitable Solution?
- Current Issues in Iraq and Terrorism
- War on Terrorism: Role of Law Enforcement
- Recent Developments in the History of Terrorism
- Effects of the September 11, 2001 Terror Attacks on Sino-American Relations
- How Terrorist Have Financial and Recruitment Growth Since 1980
- “Terrorism in Latin America” by Mark Sullivan
- Sociology of Terror: Sociological Analysis
- Terrorism and Security Issues Review
- How the US is Dealing with Terrorism?
- Death Sentence to Muslim Terrorists: Should We Murder People Who Had Done the Same Before?
- Adjusting to Terrorism in Modern World
- Is the Geneva Convention Applicable to War on Terror?
- Media and the War on Global Terrorism
- War on Terror & Violation of Constitutional Rights
- The Interrelation Between Terrorism and Technology
- Eradicated Terrorism in the World
- Pakistan’s Double Game in the War on Terror
- Money Laundering and Terrorist Finance
- Palestinian Islamic Jihad: Radical Terrorism
- Terrorism and U.S. Foreign Policy by P. R. Pillar
- Religious Violence. Terror in the Mind of God by Juergensmeyer
- Terrorism Today and Its Definition
- Biosecurity and Bioterrorism
- Community Policing and War on Terror
- Terrorism. Irish Republican Army
- Bioterrorism: Impact of Science and Technology
- Terrorism Impact on Global Business Environment
- Nigeria – Preventing Nuclear Terrorism
- Should the U.S. Use Torture on Terror Suspects?
- Terrorist Recruitment Process: Who Joins and Why
- Terrorist Organizations and Funding
- Middle-Eastern and African Terrorist Movements
- The Threat of International Terrorism in Modern World
- Foreign Policy Challenges Created by the War on Terror
- Understanding the War on Terror in the United States
- Anti-Terrorists Tactics and Organizations
- Sociology of Terror: Contemporary Sense
- Types of Terrorism: Centers Establishment
- Is Terrorism an Act of War?: Different Types of Terrorism
- Domestic Terrorism: The Forgotten Threat
- Political Violence and Terrorism. Crowd Behavior
- Cultural Reaction of English Civilians Against Terrorist Situations in Their Country
- The Origins of Modern Terrorism
- Comparison Between Secular and Religious Terror
- History and Financing of Terrorism: From Time Immemorial To Nowadays
- The Use of Counter-Terrorism Attacks During the Algerian War of Independence From F.L.N.
- The History of Ku Klux Klan: A Terrorist Organization Founded in the Southern States After the American Civil War
- Most Effective Anti-Terrorist Tactics, Organizations in the World
- Terrorism in Western Europe: Finland, Denmark and England
- Middle-East and Africa Terrorist Movements
- Terrorists R’ Us: Different Perspectives, the Real Meaning
- Origins of Terrorism and Solutions
- “Nuclear Terrorism: Risks, Consequences, and Response” by Jim Walsh: Stimulating Ideas, Logical Organization, Engaging Voice
- Crimes Against the State: Terrorist Attacks and Death Penalty
- Terrorism: An Objective Definition
- Terrorism and Modern Society
- War on Terror and Its Effect on Individual Right
- Primoratz’ Definition of Terrorism
- Is Terrorism Still the Most Important Security Issue for Australia?
- War and Terrorism in Algeria
- Biological Weapon and Bioterrorism
- Michael Collins and His Terrorist Method
- Terrorism and Liberal Democracy: What We Should Know
- The Evolution of Terrorism on the World Stage
- Domestic Terrorism in USA
- Bioterrorism and Its Harmful Consequences
- Israel’s Response to Munich Terror Attack
- Legislation Related to Bioterrorism
- Biological and Chemical Terrorism: Preparedness and Response
- “The Lessons of Terror: A History of Warfare Against Civilians” by C. Carr
- Ali Al-Timimi’s Case of Terrorism
- Causes and Motivations of Terrorism
- Al Shabaab: An Intriguing Example of Islamist Terror
- Domestic Terrorism: Burning Social Issue
- Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and Terrorism
- Financing Terrorism: Challenges and Solutions
- Terrorist Event Countering: First Responders Risk
- The Role of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in the Fight Against Terrorism
- Screening for Terrorist for Aviation Security
- Terrorism: Analysis of Definitions
- Terrorism: Methods and Weapons
- How to End Terrorism: Diplomacy or Military Action?
- Regional Terrorism: The Bali Bombing, Australian and Indonesian Responses
- Impact on Terrorist Activities of Regional Governments
- Hue Newton: A Terrorist and a Thinker
- Terrorist Attacks in Paris, 13th November 2015
- Crime Myths and Domestic Terrorism
- Domestic & Global Terrorism and Its legal Aspects
- Homeland Security: Terrorism Issue
- Terrorist Groups’ Establishment: The Theory of Four-Wave Terroristic Groups
- Consequence Management and Terrorist Attacks Analysis
- Terrorist Networks as a Threat to the United States Today
- What Makes Terrorism Different From Other Forms of Violence
- How Terrorism Affects Airline Security
- Terrorism Nowadays: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
- War on Terror: The Battle Continues
- Terrorism and Trauma in American Literature
- Agro-Terrorism: Definition and Impacts
- US and Terrorism Relations Overview
- Sociology. Terror and Violence Impacts
- War and Terrorism in the Modern World
- Terrorism Definition at the National Level
- International Political Economy, Democratization, and Terrorism
- Terrorism: A Definition and Analysis
- Bioterrorism and Biosecurity – Aum Shinrikyo
- Bioterrorism and Biosecurity
- The Potential for State Sponsored Terrorism
- The Cyber Terrorism Plan and Counter Strategy
- Four Priorities of Action for Combating Terrorism on Our Shores
- Terrorism Risk Assessment: Threat of Al Shabaab and Hezbollah to the USA
- Terrorism Mitigation and Risk
- Terrorism Preparedness and Response
- Homeland Security and Terrorism
- Terrorism Response Strategy
- Terrorism: Assessing the Past to Forecast the Future
- Investigation Methods: Terrorism and Cyber Crime
- Women and Terrorism Relations
- Torture and War Towards Terrorism
- Sharing Terror Data: Criminal Analysis
- Secure Transportation System Against Global Terror
- Boilover: Fire Aspects of the World Trade Center Terrorist Attacks Analysis
- Comparison Between Organized Crime And Terrorism
- A Criminal Justice Approach to Suppressing Terrorism
- Impact of Terrorism on the Economy
- Adjusting to Terrorism
- Bioterrorism Preparedness in Healthcare Organizations
- The Maritime Terrorism Risk and Liability
- Biological Terrorism: Dealing With the Threat
- Adjusting to Terrorism: The Issue of Detention Without Trial
- Local Response to Terrorism
- The Goal of a Terrorist Attack
- Organizational Change: Models Influencing American Terrorism
- US & UK Human Rights While Countering Terrorism
- Bioterrorism: Term Review
- Organizations Convincing to Become a Suicide Terrorist
- Domestic Terrorism Trends: Challenges of the Coming Years
- Terrorism and U.S. National Security
- War on Terror: Propaganda and Freedom of the Press in the US
- Definite Paths to Terrorism: Main Dimensions
- “Policing Terrorism” by Waddington
- Understanding the Basics of Terrorism
- Homeland Security: Digital Crime and Terrorism Activities
- Impacts of Terrorism on Police Mission in the U.S
- Terror Groups – Abu Nidal Organization
- Violent Resistance and Terrorism
- Causes of Terrorism
- Criminology: Terrorism–Security Policy for Large Events
- War on Terrorism: Budget and Policy Discussion
- Aggressive Behavior Among the Al-Shabaab Terrorists
- Bioterrorism Preparedness and Public Health Response
- Australian Anti-Terrorism Laws
- The Molly Maguires as a Domestic Terrorism Group
- DHS and Intelligence: Terrorism
- Fusion Centers: The Role in Terrorism Prevention
- Task Force and the Fusion Center: Terrorism Prevention
- Identifying Terrorism-Related Situations
- Terrorism in the United States of America
- Domestic Security Agencies and Cyberterrorism
- Terrorism Liaison Officer’s Responsibilities
- Terrorist Attacks: Paul Hanson vs. Patrick Crusius
- Foreign Fighters and Contemporary Terrorism
- Oklahoma City Bombing as Domestic Terrorist Act
- Anti-Terrorism Protocol and Counter-Terrorism Units
- Terrorists and Their Rights Under US Laws
- Alienation and Solidarity: The Logic of Suicide Terrorism
- Terrorism: Definitions, Features Shared by Terrorists
- National Response to Terrorism & Natural Disaster
- Importance of Emergency Response to Terrorist Attack
- Cyberterrorism, Competing Factions, and Possible Course of Action
- Annotated Bibliography About Terrorism
- How Terrorism Impacts the Human Experience
- Bio-Terrorism: When Microbes Become a Threat to Human Existence
- Command Structure of Sharing the Information About Possible Acts of Terror
- Emergency Operations in Case of Radiological Terrorism
- Terrorism: What Is It and How to Counter It?
- Response to Terrorist Attacks: The Role of Military and Public Sector Entities
- Bioterrorism Response by Healthcare Organizations
- Cyber-Terrorism and Healthcare Information Systems – Past, Present, and Future
- Local Efforts to Counter the Terror Threat in New York City
- Boko Haram Terrorist Organization: History and Facts
- Radicalization and Terrorism Phenomena
- Encryption, Stenography & Cyber Criminal Terrorist
- Terror and Religion
- Airfreight Security Breaches and Terrorism
- Terrorism and Media Coverage
- Cyber-Terrorism and International Interventions
- Terrorism and Data Mining Algorithms
- “Terrorism” Is a Biased Term
- Domestic, Transnational, and Maritime Terrorism
- America: Racism, Terrorism, and Ethno-Culturalism
- Radicalization and Terrorism in the United States
- Public Policy Issue: Domestic Terrorism
- Motivations of Lone-Wolf Terrorists
- The United Kingdom’s Strategy for Countering Terrorism
- Terrorism: Cargo and Passenger Screening
- The Functionalism Theory Assumptions of Terrorism
- The Structures, Motivations, and Qualities of Terrorist Groups
- Researching of Morals of Terrorists
- Terrorism Impacts on Policing in Belgium
- Biological Warfare and Agro-Terrorism
- Response to a Hypothetical Terrorist Event
- Biowarfare and Bioterrorism: History and Origin
- An Analysis of Terrorist Activities
- Why Terrorism Is Not a Serious Threat to International and National Security
- Countering Terrorism and Preventive Measures
- Terrorism: the Victim of Terrorism and of Mechanisms to Combat It
- Criminalistics: Forensic Science, Crime, and Terrorism
- Iran’s Involvement in Sponsoring Global Terrorism
- Countering Terrorism Through Innovative Approaches
- Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism in the US
- Analysis of the Terrorist Organizations: “Red Brigades” and “Boko Haram”
- US Strategy From the Cold War to the Post-Global War on Terrorism
- Trump Tells Story About Killing Terrorists With Bullets Dipped in Pigs’ Blood
- Terrorism Prevention: Operation Geronimo
- The Case of Saudi Arabia’s Soft Counter-Terrorism Strategy
- Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy
- September 11, 2001 Attacks: What We Have Learned About Terrorism Since 9,11
- Global Impact of 9-11 Events on Terrorism Prevention
- Planning for Terrorist Events: Case Study
- Terrorism and Transnational Organized Crime as Threats to Homeland Security
- The Ways Terrorists Raise and Move Money
- Behavioral Factors of Individual Terrorists
- A Terrorism Attack in the Middle East
- Online Interventions Addressing Terrorism and Radicalization
- Understanding the Definition of WMDs and the Constraints on Terrorist Acquisition
- The Terrorism and Oil Industry Relationship
- Terrorists’ Minds and Radicalization Processes
- Terrorism and Changes in Police Management
- Addressing Challenges of Religious Terrorism
- The Role of the Military in Domestic Terrorism Acts
- Terrorism: The Role of Social Media
- Principles of Leadership and Future of Terrorism
- Should the U.S.A. Use Drones to Combat Terrorism?
- How Are Terrorists Financing Their Acts of Terrorism?
- What Can History Teach Us About Terrorism?
- Why Do Americans Feel More Sympathy for Western Terrorism?
- How Can the United States of America Better Defend Itself Against Terrorism?
- Can the U.S. Prevent Future Acts of Domestic Terrorism?
- What Has Been the Effect of Globalization on Terrorism?
- How Can Businesses Cope With Terrorism?
- Can Democracy Stop Terrorism?
- Should the U.S. Government Be Scared of Cyber Terrorism?
- Why Does Western Europe Experience More Terrorism Than America?
- Are Terrorism and Globalization Linked Politics?
- What Are the Causes of Terrorism, and How Can It Be Stopped?
- Are Muslim Communities Affected by Counter Terrorism Legislation?
- Does American Foreign Policy Cause Terrorism?
- Does the Media Encourage Terrorism?
- Does the Terrorism Act Infringe Upon Our Human Rights?
- What Challenges Are Posed by International Terrorism to Democracy?
- How Can the Digital World Lead to a New Type of Terrorism?
- Whose Support Matters for the Occurrence of Terrorism?
- How America Prevents Terrorism?
- Does Higher Education Decrease Support for Terrorism?
- Can Foreign Aid Dampen the Threat of Terrorism to International Trade?
- Should Americans Fear Urban Terrorism?
- Can Illegal Immigration Lead to Terrorism?
- Does Distinguishing Domestic Terrorism From International Terrorism Help?
- Will American Economy Benefit From the War Against Terrorism?
- Are Some Rights Negotiable When It Comes to Fighting Terrorism?
- Why Has Terrorism Become Such an Important Issue Over the Last 40 Years?
- Will Terrorism Lose Its Significance?
- Chicago (A-D)
- Chicago (N-B)
IvyPanda. (2023, September 21). 513 Terrorism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/terrorism-essay-examples/
"513 Terrorism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." IvyPanda , 21 Sept. 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/terrorism-essay-examples/.
IvyPanda . (2023) '513 Terrorism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples'. 21 September.
IvyPanda . 2023. "513 Terrorism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 21, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/terrorism-essay-examples/.
1. IvyPanda . "513 Terrorism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 21, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/terrorism-essay-examples/.
IvyPanda . "513 Terrorism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 21, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/terrorism-essay-examples/.
- Civil Disobedience Essay Topics
- Al-Qaeda Ideas
- Global Issues Essay Topics
- Jihad Topics
- Crime Ideas
- Criminal Justice Essay Topics
- CyberCrime Topics
- Islam Topics
- Organized Crime Titles
- Islamophobia Paper Topics
- Nuclear Weapon Essay Topics
- Sunni Islam Paper Topics
- Torture Essay Ideas
- North Korea Titles
- Racial Profiling Essay Topics
Your Article Library
Essay on anti-terrorism movements.
Terrorism and anti-terrorism movements have gained momentum over the past few years, particularly since the 9/11 attacks on the twin towers of the World Trade Center in 2001. Let us look at the dynamics of terrorism, and the factors that have led to the re-emergence of terrorism in the twenty first century.
Terrorism as a form of violence is as old as recorded history. Over centuries, it has been used to intimidate governments and strike fear into societies all over the world. Throughout the twentieth century, terrorist organizations have used acts of violence to focus attention on their causes.
These tactics have also been used to pressurize governments to give into their demands. On the other hand, various governments themselves have used terrorism to maintain their power. To a certain extent, terrorist organizations and incidents have shaped our world.
Terrorism is a special form of political violence. It is not a philosophy or a political movement. Terrorism is a weapon or method, which has been used throughout history by both states and sub-state organizations for a whole variety of political causes or purposes.
This special form of political violence has five major characteristics:
1. It is premeditated and aims at creating a climate of extreme fear or terror.
2. It is directed at a wider audience or target than the immediate victims of the violence.
3. It involves attacks on random and symbolic targets, including civilians.
4. The acts of violence committed are seen by the society in which they occur as extra-normal, in the literal sense that they breach the social norms, thus causing a sense of outrage.
5. Terrorism is generally used to try to influence political behavior in some way: for example, to force opponents into conceding some or all of the perpetrators demands, to provoke an over-reaction, to serve as a catalyst for a more general conflict or to publicize a political or religious cause, to inspire followers to emulate violent attacks, to give vent to deep hatred .and the thirst for revenge, and to help undermine governments and institutions designated as enemies by the terrorists.
Terrorism is a broad concept. It has been classified on the criterion of the extent and intensity of its operations. War crimes and mass terror have been, and continue to be committed by regimes. This poses a severe problem for humanity, much more severe than the containment and reduction of factional terror by tiny groups. Once regimes come to assume that their ends justify the means, they tend to get locked into a spiral of terror and counter-terror against their adversaries.
A distinction has to be made between international terrorism, involving the citizens of two or more states, and domestic or internal terrorism which confines its activities within the borders of a specific state or province.
A further complication is that almost all prolonged domestic terrorist campaigns have an international dimension. In most cases, their leaders expend considerable effort seeking external sources of political support, cash, weapons, safe haven, and other useful assets, from friendly governments and political movements as well as from their own diaspora.
No broad categorization can do full justice to the variety and complexity of the modern phenomenon of terrorism. However, there is abundant evidence of active groups currently involved in terrorist activity motivated by one or more of the following: nationalism, separatism, racism, ultra-left ideology, and religious fundamentalism.
Although the ending of the Cold War and the collapse of the former Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact communist regimes dramatically reduced the number of states involved in the routine use of regime terror and state sponsorship of terrorism for both domestic and foreign policy purposes, it by no means eradicated these forms of terrorism. And with regard to terrorism, this is still a low probability threat even if potentially of high consequence.
The phenomenon of terrorism is not a novel apparition but a time-honored tool of forceful political, religious, and social agitation. The face of terrorism began to change after 1968. The terrorist groups of that age, which were derived from the New Left and inspired by the socialist rhetoric of Marxism, in the 1960s and 1970s, were essentially ideological in nature and spirit in line with other contemporary political developments, ethnic, separatist, as well as religious motives have for the most part, driven recent manifestations of terrorism.
Ethnic and separatist political violence is an ancient but highly volatile phenomenon. For example, it might be argued that organizations such as the Irish Republican Army (IRA) and the Euzkadi Ta Askatasuna/Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA) were formed long before the more recent wave of terrorist groups surfaced. Such a position would be correct if one discounted the truth of the aforementioned groups’ operational intermittency.
Quite significantly, both the IRA and ETA intensified their respective campaigns against the British and Spanish governments after lying in the doldrums for years, whereas the several Red armies, (the Brigate Rosse, or Red Brigades, in Italy; the Rote Armee Fraktion [the Baader-Meinhof gang] in Germany; Action Direct In France; and Cellules Communistes Cpmbatantes in Belgium) have suffered decline and eventual extinction.
In the meantime, the Kosovo Liberation Army, the Chechen resistance, and several other political violence movements prepared to use terrorism in furtherance of their goals. These groups were conspicuous because of their prolonged existence. Their resilience can be explained by the fact that they made use of a greater reservoir of support than their ideological brethren.
The problem of the resurgence of religiously motivated terrorism also needs to be looked into. When focusing on religious terrorism, it is necessary to consider that its variety for religious terrorism is definitely not the exclusive preserve of a single religion or denomination.
- Origin and Development of Terrorism in India
- Terrorism in Other Countries
No comments yet.
Leave a reply click here to cancel reply..
You must be logged in to post a comment.